Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:46 PM   #1501
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by az_240 View Post
I can see where Lebron was comming from.

Coach of the year made bad decisions and the "best team in the league" just could not perform when it mattered... I mean seriously putting Mo on TurkeyGlu and Veragay did little to stop Howard besides an attempted flop here and there, Wally should have never left the bench and then there was the Mo shinanigans...

I don't agree with what he did but I'm sure he was so frustrated by that point all he wanted was to get out.

Rumors are Stoudemire wants to go to the Knicks along with Lebron. Hopefully he will stay with my Suns even though they are a mess right now courtesy of Steve Kerr.

Does anybody here play NBA Live 09?
No, you're NOT explaining this off... I saw Lakers shaking hands and offering (even if fake) congratulations after quitting in the finals 11 months ago.
You, me and EVERYONE here who has played ANY sport in their life knows you offer congratulations (even if fake) to the victors, even a bitter rival or new champion after EVERY game. Skipping out on that responsibility makes one a BITCH.
I will accept nothing less than agreement with me on this one.

Coach of the year just got outcoached by the real coach of the year, fuck Mike Brown.

Stoudemire to the Knicks would make the Knicks suck a little less, except they would not be able to afford who they REALLY want, LeBron or D-Wade... Not gonna happen.

But, back to LeBron:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Gz724sjAQ

THAT'S A REAL BITCH MOVE, LEBRON!!!

And I write too!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #1502
az_240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
az_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really niceaz_240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to az_240
I agree SVG should have got coach of the year and it was fucked up Lebron walked off like a big baby... just did not surprise me.

So anybody want to have an NBA Live 09 finals showdown?
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #1503
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
shaking and congratulating the winning team is just showing sportsmanship.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #1504
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
I'm a little late to reply to this thread, I was in Vegas this whole weekend, but I did watch both elimination games.

Lakers:
They completely dominated the Nuggets in Game 6. I think a little bit of their killer instinct is showing, and I hope it carries on into the Finals.

Magic:
I am completely amazed at this team. They beat both the Celtics AND Cavaliers. That's an awesome feat right there.
They SCARE me, but only when they are making their 3's. You live and die by the jumpshot.

It was funny at the WCF Trophy presentation, the Lakers were calm and reserved, and it showed that a
WCF Championship means nothing, and their journey isn't over yet.

I say Lakers in 6.

Regarding Lebron, he just lost a bit of respect from me (like it matters), for pulling off what he did after the game. A bitch move was what that was, regardless of the reasoning he put behind it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUF5QcSwKes
1:16 mark

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 06-01-2009 at 01:16 AM..
Old 06-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #1505
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
Oh yea watching the WCF trophy presentation someone's blackberry kept going off and I see Phil Jackson looking down, probly texting "honey, make some room in the trophy case, got another one comin home"

Lebron's attitude was unexcusable. What a kid. It's not so fun when you're losing huh? Hopefully he learns humility. But this shows what kind of person Lebron truly is. If offseason moves do not favor him and Cavs don't win a title next year, he's going out of town.

I see Lakers taking the series in 6, or even 7 only because of the 2-3-2 format. Magic would be champs for sure if Jameer Nelson was playing. A fitting Finals matchup for an incredible postseason, Kobe vs Lebron would have to wait.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #1506
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
The key to a Laker title is to NOT double Dwight Howard. Let him get his points. Once LA doubles him, he just kicks it back
out to his guards for their patended 3 barrage.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #1507
Black Guy
Leaky Injector

Black Guy has made poor choicesBlack Guy has made poor choicesBlack Guy has made poor choicesBlack Guy has made poor choicesBlack Guy has made poor choicesBlack Guy has made poor choices
Go magic
Old 06-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #1508
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBron James
It's hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them, he said. I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them. That doesn't make sense to me. I'm a competitor. That's what I do. It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand.
Sorry, LeBron, that does not make you a winner and it DOES make you poor sport.
It is something you learn to do starting in childhood. The fact that none of the people they steamrolled leading into this loss stiffed him like he did them this time doesn't stick out?
I think he didn't want anyone to see him crying.

And I write too!
Old 06-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #1509
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
wow is that what he said?

So instead of saying, Sorry, I was so emotionally caught up with the loss that I couldn't take it, blah blah, I should've shook hands with the Magic, blah blah.. He comes out and gives that excuse?

hmm... pretty big bitch move there...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #1510
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
wow is that what he said?

So instead of saying, Sorry, I was so emotionally caught up with the loss that I couldn't take it, blah blah, I should've shook hands with the Magic, blah blah.. He comes out and gives that excuse?

hmm... pretty big bitch move there...
There is video of him saying it on FoxSports/MSN AND ESPN.
Bitch move of the decade.

And I write too!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #1511
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
i seen fighters get beat up in ifl and ufc fights and give each other a hand shake or a pat in the back. its just sportsmanship. lebron is just a bitch.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 PM   #1512
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
so what is this i hear about an all star point gaurd making his return in the finals?

jameer nelson healthy for the finals??? is it true?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #1513
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

I would love for him to return. He hasn't played in 4 months and will be rusty as hell. He'll only hurt his team in my opinion.
You also don't want to further damage his shoulder, he should just wait and let it heal 100%.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #1514
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

looks like he's had 2 great games against the lakers in the regular season...

I agree with you that he should probably just wait till next season but i'm sure he's dying to play...
Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #1515
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

He still needs surgery. If he plays and re-aggravates it, it could be over for his career. I think it's a horrible
idea for the Magic, but an advantage to LA if he does play.

This is what happened during the season series with Orlando:

First game @ Orlando
-Second of a back to back.
-Lakers held a 58-49 lead at halftime. Then Lakers had a signature collapse and got out scored 36-26 in the third quarter.
-Odom had 4 points and 8 rebounds in 36 minutes. He fouled out.
-Ariza had 5 points and 5 rebounds in 24 minutes.
-first game without Farmar who was playing decent and was injured the previous night against the Heat.

Lakers lose by 3.

This was the second night in a row that a shot went in and out at the end of the game. Sasha missed the shot, the night before it was Kobe.

2nd game @ LA
-Lakers held a 52 - 44 lead at halftime. Lakers then collapse and forget to play defense by allowing 65 points in the second half.
-Lakers have three subs. Odom, Ariza, and Sasha.
-Odom puts up 17.
-Sasha puts up 0.
-Ariza puts up 7.
-Dwight grabs twenty rebounds.
-Leading Laker rebounder? Kobe Bryant with 11. Gasol/Bynum/Odom combine for 11 rebounds.
-Lakers lose by 6.
-Pietrus did not play this game.

With that said, they don't have Nelson, and we have a better Ariza and Odom, and Kobe and Gasol on a mission.
Shannon Brown is also on our squad, and back then, we had Radmanovic playing.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #1516
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
i'm hoping LA embarasses Orlando like how the Spurs did to the Cavs a few years ago. Nothing against Orlando, I think Dwight is awesome, but they just don't have the experience.

xquizitditz
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #1517
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
check out the scathing review of james' actions on yahoo! sports....it's pretty funny.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #1518
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
check out the scathing review of james' actions on yahoo! sports....it's pretty funny.
Link to said story:
King James left the playoffs as a loser - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Michael Rosenburg got in him good too:
NBA - Hey LeBron, it's time to grow up - FOX Sports on MSN

Peter Vecsey defends him, though:
NBA - Don't gang up on quiet James - FOX Sports on MSN

And I write too!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #1519
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
lol, great read. thanks!

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there’s one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King’s ring. Only, LeBron doesn’t have a ring. He’s never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his feet.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #1520
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Leave Lebron alone!!!!! lol

Oh well, lets hope he does better next year.

How do you think the Clippers are gonna do with that Blake Griffin of Oklahoma???
Old 06-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #1521
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
What difference is Jameer Nelson going to make?

Lock Kobe up? Slow down Gasol?

Rafer isn't different enough for this to be a factor.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:17 AM   #1522
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
Leave Lebron alone!!!!! lol

Oh well, lets hope he does better next year.

How do you think the Clippers are gonna do with that Blake Griffin of Oklahoma???
Won't leave him alone, just not gonna happen...
He willed his team to positions that no one else in the league would have been able to, only to be failed by STUPID coaching decisions, "I told my guys to give LeBron the ball and see what happens" is the dumbest fucking coaching "strategy" I have ever heard of and Mike Brown WILL be fired if LeBron escapes Cleveland.

In fact, it looks like Stern wants to talk to LeBron about it:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...ron-over-snubs

... in that talk, LeBron will be given a hybrid rimjob/reacharound, congratulated for a great season and given an automobile by the league.

The Clippers will still be a poorly-run team with Blake Griffin, I say he splits after his rookie contract if not traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
What difference is Jameer Nelson going to make?

Lock Kobe up? Slow down Gasol?

Rafer isn't different enough for this to be a factor.
Nothing, he would bring nothing but rust and a fragile shoulder, which is why he will not play.

Looks like El Presidente says Lakers in 6:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...-win-NBA-title

Shaq has already cast his vote for the Lakers too, but I think that is because he secretly hates Dwight Howard for playing a better version of his game.
That and he wants back on the Lakers to snipe a ring, lol

And I write too!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #1523
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
I don't really follow to Clippers, so I don't know if they have a good PG. If they have a good PG, then I think the Clippers have a chance at reaching the playoffs. Then again the west is really tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
Won't leave him alone, just not gonna happen...
He willed his team to positions that no one else in the league would have been able to, only to be failed by STUPID coaching decisions, "I told my guys to give LeBron the ball and see what happens" is the dumbest fucking coaching "strategy" I have ever heard of and Mike Brown WILL be fired if LeBron escapes Cleveland.

In fact, it looks like Stern wants to talk to LeBron about it:
NBA - Stern to talk with LeBron over snubs - FOX Sports on MSN

... in that talk, LeBron will be given a hybrid rimjob/reacharound, congratulated for a great season and given an automobile by the league.

Nothing, he would bring nothing but rust and a fragile shoulder, which is why he will not play.
wow...that is a bad coaching tactic, unless Lebron really wanted the ball (it seems like that most of the time).

Nelson really should not play, you know Lakers will use that shoulder as his ultimate weakness.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #1524
implayaz9
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
implayaz9 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if no one knows, these days cavs are goin fishing
Old 06-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #1525
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
A healthy Nelson would have made a difference. He's someone you have to guard - someone Kobe might have had to guard.

Bum Nelson? Not so much.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #1526
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
A Jameer Nelson in uniform is a huge impact on team morale, more than a Jameer Nelson in a suit. Of the times he will play off the bench (and he WILL play), he'll be bringin the ball down the court instead of Turkoglu, or Anthony Johnson, leaving another shooter on the perimeter. I'm not expecting more than 15-20 mins from him though.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #1527
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
gonna be a good one, i cant believe how many of you think lakers will walk though this series like nothing. i think the key for orlando is keeping howard in the game, and allowing him to get a lot of touches. gonna be tough for LA if they lose either of the first 2 games. personally id like to see magic in 6.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #1528
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
gonna be a good one, i cant believe how many of you think lakers will walk though this series like nothing. i think the key for orlando is keeping howard in the game, and allowing him to get a lot of touches. gonna be tough for LA if they lose either of the first 2 games. personally id like to see magic in 6.
How is "Lakers in 6" a "walk"?

And I write too!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1529
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

ANVIL can only hope to improve
i guess i should have read more, but i was referring to the guy hoping for an LA sweep like the spurs on cavs... only read this last page and havent gone back the last few, assumed theres a lot of magic doubters. they have a great chance, im just worried about kobe and gasol really. they want to win, even more than last year so im expecting them to play their hearts out
Old 06-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #1530
Vision Garage
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Vision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfectionVision Garage is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Vision Garage
lakers in 3! i called it!! Magics will get beat so bad in 3 games they will just forfeit the 4th! Now thats a walk!

Closed Thread