Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #1501
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You have the GTO tranny so you are fine. What I was talking about was in regards to the shifter. If you do not have a GTO T56 you have to purchase a gto lever piece and input into your tranny. A lot of Z guys are having issue on this..
Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #1502
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Ya, I thought you were saying something about trans length and/or shifter placement with the shifter was hitting the tunnel or something...
Either way, broadfield, I would also look into getting a more modern transmission with the CF rings and not older ones the paper rings.
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #1503
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_T View Post
You have the GTO tranny so you are fine. What I was talking about was in regards to the shifter. If you do not have a GTO T56 you have to purchase a gto lever piece and input into your tranny. A lot of Z guys are having issue on this..
The S13/14 don't have the trans issue you speak of like with the 350z. Sikky doesn't even make a shifter for the S13/14 swap. I'll just be using the MGW shifter on a LS1 T56.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #1504
energ
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
energ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to energ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
I read over on LS1tech that the GTO is actually geared more aggressively than most other T56's on the market. Seemed strange to me.
Anyway, I'm figuring hose length tomorrow and you will have my XRP quote sir.
it is geared more aggressively, not weird at all- a GTO has about 800lbs on an f-body, needs the taller ratios.. i have one in my s13 out of a GTO, but i put an f-body hurst shifter on it. the GTO shifter sat about 2 inches too far back, and all available shifters for the GTO are much sloppier that those for the f-body. and f-body parts are way cheaper.

if you decide to run a GTO trans with an f-body shifter (or vice versa) you will need to run the f-body shift ball receiver on the end of the shift shaft or you will not be able to fully engage all gears

pic for reference

energ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #1505
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by energ View Post
it is geared more aggressively, not weird at all- a GTO has about 800lbs on an f-body, needs the taller ratios.. i have one in my s13 out of a GTO, but i put an f-body hurst shifter on it. the GTO shifter sat about 2 inches too far back, and all available shifters for the GTO are much sloppier that those for the f-body. and f-body parts are way cheaper.

if you decide to run a GTO trans with an f-body shifter (or vice versa) you will need to run the f-body shift ball receiver on the end of the shift shaft or you will not be able to fully engage all gears

pic for reference
Thanks for the good info
Old 07-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #1506
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
A So we are just waiting for the right Camaro/TA to come along. We can then part it out and sell the LS1 etc. If all goes well I can get the trans for next to nothing.
My roomates T56 needs 2nd and 5th.....just throwing it out there for you.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #1507
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
Ya, I thought you were saying something about trans length and/or shifter placement with the shifter was hitting the tunnel or something...
Either way, broadfield, I would also look into getting a more modern transmission with the CF rings and not older ones the paper rings.
I know PLENTY of fast boys running the old stuff without issue. No reason to rebuild if you don't need to

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 AM   #1508
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
My roomates T56 needs 2nd and 5th.....just throwing it out there for you.
Well, how much?

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 07-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #1509
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Like Toby said How much Cody?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #1510
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Hey toby if you decide to buy a crashed f body I have an excel sheet on the cost of almost every part you can sell off them. I have parted out 5 already and u will make out with a free trans and cash if you play your cards right. I picked up a few around 3500 or less and i sold the swaps alone for that.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #1511
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
damn......... when did you guys bust out the miller light?

i thought it was about kirin on this forum. pssh, not in this thread... not anymore.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #1512
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
I wonder if Toby and Damon will bundle stuff together in their part out threads?? Cut better deals on shipping and stuff.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #1513
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
damn......... when did you guys bust out the miller light?

i thought it was about kirin on this forum. pssh, not in this thread... not anymore.

Did you forget that we are all rednecks with big v8's
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #1514
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
that black z06 sounds RIDICULOUS which motor is it I DEFINETELY wana make my ls v8 sound like that omg
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #1515
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
It's more the cam and exhaust than it is the motor.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #1516
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I know PLENTY of fast boys running the old stuff without issue. No reason to rebuild if you don't need to
I wasn't saying to rebuild; I was just recommending to go with a newer gen T56 with CF rings. But I agree with the statement of not needing to rebuild....
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 AM   #1517
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
Did you forget that we are all rednecks with big v8's
you know

i just watched a best motoring video last night on youtube, it was of a gtr, lfa, zr1, gallardo.. some r8s

the gtr and lfa were top

proof that the lfa v10 swap is the way to go. chop yer mullets off and join the lfa v10 coalition for the proclamation
Old 07-31-2012, 06:57 PM   #1518
drscooper
Zilvia Addict

drscooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
you know

i just watched a best motoring video last night on youtube, it was of a gtr, lfa, zr1, gallardo.. some r8s

the gtr and lfa were top

proof that the lfa v10 swap is the way to go. chop yer mullets off and join the lfa v10 coalition for the proclamation
HELLLL YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
drscooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #1519
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
chop yer mullets off and join the lfa v10 coalition for the proclamation
I would say waste o cash. If I felt the 'need', then I would roll with a slightly newer gen viper motor.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #1520
dat925stunna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
dat925stunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
this build thread gives me a boner toby you have the most epic winning buid thread ive ever read

The heep S14
dat925stunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #1521
ixfxi
Post Whore!

bump for toby bryant............ we're all anxiously waiting for an update

how is the LFA v10 swap coming along?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:31 PM   #1522
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
bump for toby bryant............ we're all anxiously waiting for an update
I do have a few new pics, but my iMac has been giving me fits and I haven't been able to upload my pics onto it. In the process of getting a new hard drive now and I will have it back Monday. I have had it for 7 years now without one single issue, so I really can't complain.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #1523
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Broadfield uses mac?

Old 08-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #1524
ixfxi
Post Whore!

how do you use an iMAC

wow
Old 08-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #1525
Beejis60
BANNED

son...

am debating that XRP purchase now since I know you use mac

Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #1526
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Wow, you guys are really stuck in the 90's. I own Apple product because I want the shit to work longer than 3 years. Not to mention it will give me zero issues for 7+ years. It's also MUCH easier to use than a pc. Look at my build threads, do honestly think I would own a pc? I buy the good stuff.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 08-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #1527
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
Wow, you guys are really stuck in the 90's. I own Apple product because I want the shit to work longer than 3 years. Not to mention it will give me zero issues for 7+ years. It's also MUCH easier to use than a pc. Look at my build threads, do honestly think I would own a pc? I buy the good stuff.
Grr I hate when people make this comparison. Everyone always compares a cheap Walmart computer to a Mac. Spend the same amount on a windows pc and you will have a machine that runs circles around any Mac. Don't kid your self, you didn't "buy the best" when it comes to computers.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #1528
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Grr I hate when people make this comparison. Everyone always compares a cheap Walmart computer to a Mac. Spend the same amount on a windows pc and you will have a machine that runs circles around any Mac. Don't kid your self, you didn't "buy the best" when it comes to computers.

My first business was building/maintaining small networks, almost exclusively with PC's. Getting Macs to play nice on a heterogeneous network used to be teh suck, and hasn't improved much. I'll always choose open-source/competition over proprietary, especially when the 'proprietary' option is the same stuff, repackaged.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #1529
Arireese
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
cars go fast...
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #1530
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arireese View Post
cars go fast...
Builds go slow