Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #1531
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
That was a really good read man, thanks for that.

I havea good month ahead of me. I have to get on Cam Gigandets level lol
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 PM   #1532
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISH ONE View Post
ADAM BROWN looks Dope!

Also this is useful for people trying to figure out cals and what not. Not exact but a good baseline
Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs
Have you tried the calorie counter on iphone? i use it and its pretty decent..check it out..
Old 01-07-2012, 08:22 PM   #1533
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
I forgot I took this a few months back haha. I always thought I looked pretty good in it. Except for my derp face.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #1534
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JaredP is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
alright bros need some help! im back in school and have zero incoming cash so im trying to find a way to hit the weights and still eat right but as cheap as possible. saw this:

Quote:
want a quick and dirty(affordable) solution?
tons of tuna sandwiches and peanut butter or PBJ sandwiches too.
Lots and lots of milk! Milk is great for growth.
[/B]
and plan to incorporate that as much as i can (pbj sandwiches work wonders on my vascularity..no joke). just looking for anything else thats cheap and easy that can help get some extra protein/carbs into my diet. got eggs...other ideas?
JaredP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #1535
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Watch the tuna. I love it but I wouldn't eat more than 4-5 cans worth per week because of the mercury. Sardines will give you all the protein without the mercury concern.

WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #1536
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
^ true for some people, not all, but def something to watch for.
Id do sardines but I hate them, my gf on the other hand loves all that nasty fishy stuff.
WISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #1537
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

Other suggestions?
Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #1538
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
90240sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Some good ones are:

Black Beans, Yams/Sweet Potato, Milk, Eggs, Look for big value pack of cheap ground beef (2$ per lb at Pavillions sometimes but it is in 3-4 lb size), If you are trying to gain weight buy the cheap huge ice cream container and mix it with milk and protein in the morning for a high calorie breakfast. Oatmeal is also a good one and of course mix in some veggies (Kale, broccolli, ginger, etc.)
Old 01-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #1539
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I don't know about your area, but try and find the small supermarkets that are local chains (the ones that are actual chains with like 10+ locations). You can find good deals on the meat and chicken at those.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #1540
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I absolutely HATE shopping at walmart for anything, but they have a great deal on chicken tenderloins. A big ass bag for like 5 bucks. I prefer those rather than full chicken breasts because they cook faster and are WAY easier to cook in bulk.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #1541
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Unless im BBQing for friends(who usually dont give a fuck) Im pretty picky on my meat/fish/poultry selection, mostly freerange, grassfed, or always wild. Quality vs quantity... if you can afford it.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #1542
JaredP
Zilvia Junkie

thanks guys, all suggestions are much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #1543
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Also, srsly, anyone food shopping on a budget needs to go to Korean markets.

Lotte, Grand Mart, or whatever. Everythings way cheap, superb quality most of the time, and they have stuff you can't buy in normal 'merican stores (i.e. uncut pork belly, salmon heads for soup, etc).

Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #1544
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hi everyone. Loving the progress I'm seeing in this thread. Here's what I've done the last 2.5 years.
2009 - Fatty at 196 ish. Lifted a lot, bench around 250, deads at 405, squat at 315 ATG. No excuses, I just wanted to enjoy life.

2010 - Started worrying about my health and got sick of not fitting into my clothes I started to eat cleaner. Still doing all the heavy compound lifts.

2012 - Not quite where I want to be at, but this is me at 149 a couple days ago. I'm just trying to stay strong and healthy now.

Question for the veterans. My buddy told me that I'm at around 15% body fat. I have no clues where I'm at percentage wise so if you guys could give me an estimate I would appreciate it.

I just want to get real lean so that I can bulk up to around 165ish. Keep lifting fellas [=.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #1545
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

With that kind of ab definition I'd guess you're south of 15%, but I'm not an expert.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #1546
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Top abs show at 12% body fat unflexed. Lower abs show at 10% body fat unflexed.

I would put you at 13% going by that last photo if your not flexing.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:20 PM   #1547
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Homer, that is an incredible transformation!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #1548
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

everyones fat cells are different. id say anywhere from 11-13
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #1549
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Thank you for your inputs guys. I'll stick to this cut for at least a couple more weeks to see how it'll turn out. It's near insanity trying to get rids of the last bit of pudge though.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #1550
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

Good job Homer. Keep killin it.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #1551
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

I need to make serious strength gains, i think its time to ramp up the cals. Im over trying to get lean.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #1552
GUnited

GUnited is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I need to make serious strength gains, i think its time to ramp up the cals. Im over trying to get lean.
glad to have found this thread. about 10 of us workout with a OG weightlifter (45 years old as still strong as an ox) in his basement aka "The Dungeon" on Mondays and he's had us on a plan to increase strength. Originally we all repped 225lbs to see where we were at. The plan was to keep going up 5lbs each week on the bench for 5 reps. Ex:warmup, first week 225x5 for 3 sets and drop weight and go to failure on the last set. Next week 230x5 for 3 sets etc. 4 of us started at 245x5. About 2.5 months later we're at 275x5. He said he'd switch up the program about 3x year but in 7 years of working out this is the heaviest I've been able to rep (haven't done a max in years). I was always big on squats, deads, abs and push-ups, basketball/fball type workouts to help strength and explosion but I hadn't seen strength gains that fast ever. Anyway pretty hyped about it!!! Sorry for the lonnnnggg soap box too ha
GUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #1553
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
I absolutely HATE shopping at walmart for anything, but they have a great deal on chicken tenderloins. A big ass bag for like 5 bucks. I prefer those rather than full chicken breasts because they cook faster and are WAY easier to cook in bulk.
if you are looking for deals on chickens, why not go to the chicken farm? Every few months, go out of the city, and go to the source for a lot of food. Stock up, throw it in the freezer.

I go to a butcher every so often and spend a few hundred bucks. Lasts us months.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #1554
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer_Simpson View Post
Thank you for your inputs guys. I'll stick to this cut for at least a couple more weeks to see how it'll turn out. It's near insanity trying to get rids of the last bit of pudge though.
Whats your current diet like? How is your strength compared to when you had the belly? Did you cycle between cutting and bulking, or has it been a straight cut the whole time?

I'd be very happy in your shoes. I'd say you were 12% max, definitely not 15!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #1555
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Hi, when I got started with that first picture, all I did was take in at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight and drop the carbohydrate down to 100g or less per day with creatine. I lift heavy every time I'm at the gym (all compound lifts to the best of my ability.)

Towards the end of 2011 my nutrition stayed the same with the exception that I was doing Leangains (intermittent fasting) and really watched what I ate.

Strength-wise it has been hard to gauge. Strength has been decreasing in a weird way as the fat has been coming off. Strict military press has been going up, weighted pullups has been increased dramatically and so has rows. My deadlifts and squats has been meh since I pinched a nerve in the beginning of 2011 and has been trying to rehab my back since. My bench went down to about 225 now.

I have my buddy on a similar nutrition and training plan and he actually got drastically leaner and even a bit stronger.

It was basically a reallllly long cut for me since prior to 2009 it was like a perma-bulk hahah. Actually, its more like a permanent life style change. I've finally found how to live my life normally without sacrificing much and still look and feel healthier.

Thank you for the kind words =).

PS My blood pressure dropped from 125 down to like 105 as of today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
Whats your current diet like? How is your strength compared to when you had the belly? Did you cycle between cutting and bulking, or has it been a straight cut the whole time?

I'd be very happy in your shoes. I'd say you were 12% max, definitely not 15!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1556
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
trying to cut again , bulked from september till the 1st week of janurary , added 10kg to my weight , but a good bit of body fat too went from 14% to 18-19% , so its time the cut the carbs , never remember it being this hard though :/
Old 01-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #1557
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

BNIB
Ive got these for sale in a size 9. which really fits more like a 9.5
I normally wear a size 9 I ordered the 8.5 and they fit perfect.

Looking for 90$

For you Locals
Did anyone make it to the OCthrowdown this past weekend???
Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #1558
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

I missed it. Did you hit it up? I met with my team for the Tri-county Shakedown and compiled a long list of stuff to work on. Wish I had more time.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #1559
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

im going to try and hit up the NLI events this year.

hit 955 on crossfit total. should have been more like 975
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #1560
90240sr
Zilvia Junkie

Awesome. I did an NLI event last year and it was fun. I am gonna do some after May for sure. So close to 1000.