Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #1531
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Seriously, where do people get the idea that rear interiors weigh so much? It's foam and plastic, some people just prefer the look of stripped interior a la Itai. The rear seat supports and excess wiring back there weighs more than the seat.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #1532
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I removed my back seats because in a group of friends they try to convince you that they will fit in the back, and then the ride ends up turning into a slow-ass cramped up complaining fest.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:19 AM   #1533
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
haha, yeah I like the look of having a back seat- especially the kouki 180 back seat. Keeps the noise down a little and makes everything look presentable and complete. The only reason I would ever have to consider removing the back seat is to show off a Miracle X brace, but I think I will still keep it back there.

I have never driven with more than two people in my car, including the driver. I removed the rear seatbelts when I bought the car so that no one could ask to ride back there. I don't think I would feel comfortable with anyone riding back there, even without the cage...

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #1534
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Then friends get desperate and say things like, "It's cool, I'll just sit in back and hold onto that cross bar."
Old 06-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1535
d-man478
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
d-man478 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can't say it enough. Your car=gorgeous.
d-man478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #1536
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Then friends get desperate and say things like, "It's cool, I'll just sit in back and hold onto that cross bar."
That's when you sack up and tell them NO. That's how my dad did it, that's how I do it and that's how men do it.... so I'm not sure how Damon would do it.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #1537
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

LOL yeah my car has essential been a two seater since I bought it, I don't fall for that crap. I also wouldn't put my husky in my minty interior
Old 06-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #1538
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
That's when you sack up and tell them NO. That's how my dad did it, that's how I do it and that's how men do it.... so I'm not sure how Damon would do it.
Right? Since when are people so concerned with hurting others' feelings? Life's tough, deal with it.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #1539
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
I also wouldn't put my husky in my minty interior
I decided to not care and let the dog come along after all of the recent Zilvia criticism. People always say that the car doesn't get used... might as well haul the dog around with it.

And yeah, I have never been in a situation where people wanted to ride in the back of the car. But if they did, I would probably tell them TOUGH. haha

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #1540
S14-Jo!
Leaky Injector

S14-Jo! is an unknown quantity at this point
Holy cow! I just went through this entire thread! Awesome job man!!
S14-Jo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:23 AM   #1541
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I decided to not care and let the dog come along after all of the recent Zilvia criticism. People always say that the car doesn't get used... might as well haul the dog around with it.

And yeah, I have never been in a situation where people wanted to ride in the back of the car. But if they did, I would probably tell them TOUGH. haha
Yeah I wouldn't be able to say no to your dog, but everyone else, tough luck.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #1542
WanganNastyMachine
Zilvia Junkie

WanganNastyMachine is an unknown quantity at this point
I dunno why people always ask to ride in the back, stuff is so dumb. People just trying to bumm some free ride...usually people you dont know too well :/
WanganNastyMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #1543
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Any chance I could get a high res of this one?
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #1544
corry29
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
corry29 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to corry29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wh0aitznic0 View Post
The back seats weigh like 2 lbs homie.
really? Haha, I always thought it was like more then that, my bad,
sorry for asking a stupid question i guess.

but cool guys, thanks, i know now
corry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 AM   #1545
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
And knowing is half the battle.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #1546
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #1547
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14-Jo! View Post
Holy cow! I just went through this entire thread! Awesome job man!!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousCesar! View Post
Any chance I could get a high res of this one?
For sure, here is a link to that image in high res:

All sizes | IMG_2766 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The rest of them are on my Flikr page as well. I wanted to post the images a bit larger like I used to, but I think Zilvia automatically resizes them now, which made them look pretty blurry. :/

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #1548
guitargod240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
guitargod240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow damon this car is sick. i been following it for a long time. read it in winter time and got to 30ish pg. didnt know how long it would keep going but 20 pages later here u r lol. this car is like the mona lisa of the 240 world LOL. its amazing and great job. b nice to c it in person but i think im to far away right now lol (road trip) GREAT BUILD!
guitargod240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #1549
ViciousCesar!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ViciousCesar! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
@Camry: thanks dude.
ViciousCesar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #1550
Nick_04K
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Nick_04K is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A++ on those new pictures Damon! They look great.
And thanks for posting vids finally too...Now im just waiting for the in car ones.
Nick_04K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:12 AM   #1551
SpeedForce_350Z
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
SpeedForce_350Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Perfect example of how to build a 180sx Kouki. Love the car!
SpeedForce_350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:58 AM   #1552
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the car is looking most excellent Damon!
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #1553
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargod240 View Post
wow damon this car is sick. i been following it for a long time. read it in winter time and got to 30ish pg. didnt know how long it would keep going but 20 pages later here u r lol. this car is like the mona lisa of the 240 world LOL. its amazing and great job. b nice to c it in person but i think im to far away right now lol (road trip) GREAT BUILD!
lol, thanks man! I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
A++ on those new pictures Damon! They look great.
And thanks for posting vids finally too...Now im just waiting for the in car ones.
Hopefully I will have some after this weekend when Kyle is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedForce_350Z View Post
Perfect example of how to build a 180sx Kouki. Love the car!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrush View Post
the car is looking most excellent Damon!
Thanks man! I got the stickers last Saturday- still makes me lol. I love it! Thanks again.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #1554
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Alright, so I managed to FINALLY get the car aligned last week. If there is anyone in SE Michigan looking to have an alignment done on a low car, hit up Harlow Tire in Westland. They were AWESOME. They couldn't get the car on the rack at my first appointment, so they went out and bought some 1"x6" boards and fabbed up some ramps so that the car could be aligned on their rack. Pretty awesome customer service if you ask me!

My toe and camber settings were pretty jenked out. The car drives a lot better now! No more darting around and jumping all over the highway. I believe we ended up at about -1.5 camber up front and -2.5 out back. Taking the camber out raised the car slightly, but I think it still looks really good. I might add a little bit more up front to make things look a little more even.

Lip sitting on the rack while the car is on boards, lol. The lip wasn't really an issue though- it was more the NISMO power brace and the exhaust.

I spent some time on the car yesterday. I hit it up with some swirl remover, glaze, and wax which helped a lot. I finally took the time to take my first run at cutting and installing the rear panels around the cage. I still need to pick up a second set and do it right so that the holes wrap tightly around the cage. I fixed a lot of loose ends on the car- then, the package I've been after for SO long arrived:

So pumped! I found this bad boy burried in a thread full of random (and mostly stock) 180SX parts last week. I had to offer over asking price to make sure I got it, but it was still an amazing deal- half of what I had tried to buy one for in the past. I am SO pumped that I finally got one!

Not putting the back seat in was a combination of being lazy and oogling over the new bar, haha. Yesterday was not the greatest day for so much manual labor- it was about 97 degrees in Michigan. I was so sore, sweaty, and tired by the time I got done that I didn't feel like doing much else, lol.

I'll bug Kyle to get some nice snaps of our cars this weekend when he is in town.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #1555
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Nice looking jungle gym
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #1556
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I don't know... I think you better flip that Cusco diagonal bar around and take a walk on the JDM side.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #1557
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Nice looking jungle gym
haha, thanks man! So stoked to finally see one of those things in the back of my car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I don't know... I think you better flip that Cusco diagonal bar around and take a walk on the JDM side.
haha, I dunno if I am JDM enough to handle it!

I'm going to see how it looks with the back seat in there tonight. I've gotta admit though, it is tough to cover up my view of that thing in the mirror...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM   #1558
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Looking good, I love the way the new wheels look! I'm a total sucker for TEs on all S-chasssis.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #1559
srstan
Zilvia Member

srstan is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good! but it was 103 in texas and i replaced a motor in my s13. you can do it! lol
Old 06-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #1560
lflkajfj12123

lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
no rear seats please

1.5 front camber is lols just max it out its a s13
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote