Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #1531
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I'm going next weekend. I'll see if I can hunt anyone down.

I20 and I25 sound like prime Infiniti nameplates for their version of the SX.
Wish i could go, i would be handing out resumes like crazy, trying to score that Marketing Internship.

Hm you are right, I didnt catch the 20/25. I still wonder what the essence is. I think perhaps its easier to hid the SX in the infiniti name, but if they registered SX, or GTS, or GTSX or whatever that might be more of a flag.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #1532
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
Wish i could go, i would be handing out resumes like crazy, trying to score that Marketing Internship.

Hm you are right, I didnt catch the 20/25. I still wonder what the essence is. I think perhaps its easier to hid the SX in the infiniti name, but if they registered SX, or GTS, or GTSX or whatever that might be more of a flag.
Essence could be the next concept for the SX. One that is more close to production.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #1533
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^That's what I figure. essence sounds kind of like SX
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM   #1534
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Yea despite the downturn of things I still expect to see something this year if not late in the year. LA is as good of a place as any. Plus by then HOPEFULLY the recession will start winding down. *knocks on wood*
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #1535
nisco
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
nisco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Yea despite the downturn of things I still expect to see something this year if not late in the year. LA is as good of a place as any. Plus by then HOPEFULLY the recession will start winding down. *knocks on wood*
Amen to that.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 AM   #1536
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Don't they have to register it in the US as well?
dunno...but GTS is simply a trim level

mitsubishi has used it, nissan has used it, toyota has used it...and im sure quite a few other care companies have used it as a designated trim title

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #1537
Future240
Future Moderator

With Mel's genesis info, I got to thinking about the new SX, I definitely think Nissan will stick close to this range of pricing.
Quote:
Genesis Coupe starts at $22,000!
2.0T R Type stripped model starts at $23,750.
306hp car starts at $25,000.
Prices sound about right to me.
Since there NA model will be an infiniti perhaps 27k or 28k
Old 02-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #1538
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
With Mel's genesis info, I got to thinking about the new SX, I definitely think Nissan will stick close to this range of pricing.

Since there NA model will be an infiniti perhaps 27k or 28k
I say Nissan should undercut Hyundai. Yea I know it's hard to fathom. But like I've said, I think the focus should be on driving and keeping weight down along with HP. See the Genesis really is competing with the Z and G coupe right now. The SX should come in smaller, lighter, smaller displacement engine, and less HP then the Genesis. The top range engine for the SX should be somewhere around 260 MAX IMO. I'd be happy with a more nimble car around 3100lbs with say 220hp. That's good for a low 14 sec quarter mile car and the weight should translate to good handling. Price range for the SX should be like $19,000-say $26/7,000 OPTIONED out ot the gills. This is where the Toyabaru is looking to aim I believe.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #1539
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Chicago 2009: Hyundai introduces R-Spec Genesis Coupe for enthusiasts - Autoblog

"While the car they brought to the show is basically a concept, the R-Spec package will be available through dealers and will give performance junkies more in some areas and less in others. The full list of equipment is in the press release after the jump, but the highlights are a 210-hp turbo'd inline-four that returns 30 mpg and a top speed of 137 mph. Available only with the six-speed manual, it comes with stability control, ABS, electronic brake force distribution, 19-inch wheels, Brembos, a Torsen limited-slip differential, a beefier suspension and summer-only Potenzas. To reduce cost and weight, the R-Spec doesn't include Bluetooth, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. Basically, the R-spec is packing all the heavy-hitting hardware from the Track model and ditches the frippery that drivers and customizers aren't interested in.

The Genesis Coupe R-Spec will be available mid-2010 with a base price of $23,750, or $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model. That should allow a lot of extra cash for some tuner bits. Besides the performance tweaks, the R-Spec will only be available in three colors: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red. Good names, good colors, good kit and a good price. We're sold."

2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe to start at $22,000 - Autoblog

"We've known rough performance numbers on the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe for some time now: 0-60 in under six seconds, up to 30 mpg with the 2.0T, and so on. But one set of key numbers has eluded us until now: price. Hyundai's rear-drive performance hopeful will weigh in at $22,000 for the base 210-hp 2.0L turbo model, and the 306-hp 3.8L V6 will start at $25,000.

Despite being the price leader, the 2.0T still piles on a lot of kit including a six-speed manual transmission, a full compliment of brake-related electronics (ABS, traction control, brake force distribution, and brake assist) and 18-inch alloys wrapped in Bridgestone Potenzas. Standard creature comforts include keyless entry, cruise control, air conditioning, leather wrapped wheel and shifter, a six-speaker AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 player with USB port and steering wheel audio controls, and Bluetooth.

Tuner types and gearheads will probably be most interested in the newly announced mid-priced 2.0T R-Spec model ($23,750). Hyundai has chosen not to make the R-Spec a stripped-out lightweight performance model. As such, the model still includes things like the aforementioned six-speaker stereo, air-conditioning and remote keyless entry, but the 137-mph coupe also gets Hyundai's full compliment of performance hardware, including uprated Brembo brakes, stiffened suspension, a Torsen limited-slip differential, and 19-inch gunmetal alloys wrapped with summer tires.

Follow the jump for more including details on the 3.8L V6 model, Hyundai's official press release and a full model-by-model pricing matrix."

Wow...
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #1540
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
yea, the pricing isn't bad at all. Features are awesome. There isn't much holding me back from purchasing this car.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #1541
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiros View Post
yea, the pricing isn't bad at all. Features are awesome. There isn't much holding me back from purchasing this car.
Yeah...I'd have to agree with you. This new info definitely has made the Genesis coupe one of the top choices on my list.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #1542
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I say Nissan should undercut Hyundai. Yea I know it's hard to fathom. But like I've said, I think the focus should be on driving and keeping weight down along with HP. See the Genesis really is competing with the Z and G coupe right now. The SX should come in smaller, lighter, smaller displacement engine, and less HP then the Genesis. The top range engine for the SX should be somewhere around 260 MAX IMO. I'd be happy with a more nimble car around 3100lbs with say 220hp. That's good for a low 14 sec quarter mile car and the weight should translate to good handling. Price range for the SX should be like $19,000-say $26/7,000 OPTIONED out ot the gills. This is where the Toyabaru is looking to aim I believe.
Its not hard to fathom at all actually. They did say in the review that the genesis was supposed to be on the level of the infiniti. If the Tobaru and the SX are in this price range, with less weight and around the same power, then the Genesis would cease to sell IMO
Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #1543
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Its not hard to fathom at all actually. They did say in the review that the genesis was supposed to be on the level of the infiniti. If the Tobaru and the SX are in this price range, with less weight and around the same power, then the Genesis would cease to sell IMO
Yea that's Hyundai's thing right now. Making cars that compete with the best cars in the class for a thousands less.

That is what Hyundai is doing though. They are trying to prove themselves right now. Nissan doesn't really need to prove itself any longer.

Therefore I think they can switch it up and make a car in a similar class but smaller.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #1544
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
3300lbs is still seriously high for the stripper version, even if its only in the low 20k range.

Unless the stock hood weighs like 400 lbs and the problem could be rectified with an aftermarket fiber hood, lol.

Maybe its 3300lbs with the spare tire in, and the spare tire is made of lead.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #1545
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats good. That way Nissan can just come with a lighter SX to compete.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #1546
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Yea that's Hyundai's thing right now. Making cars that compete with the best cars in the class for a thousands less.

That is what Hyundai is doing though. They are trying to prove themselves right now. Nissan doesn't really need to prove itself any longer.

Therefore I think they can switch it up and make a car in a similar class but smaller.
True they can, but will they? They are in the position to where they could go lower, but why would they? If the offer better performance for the same price then why not? I do see what you are saying though, I think perhaps 20 would be the lowest for the stripped model, then 26 for the high end one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
3300lbs is still seriously high for the stripper version, even if its only in the low 20k range.

Unless the stock hood weighs like 400 lbs and the problem could be rectified with an aftermarket fiber hood, lol.

Maybe its 3300lbs with the spare tire in, and the spare tire is made of lead.
I think at max it would 2800 with lots of carbon fiber and weight reductions. While still maintaing a certain comfort level. Strip it and you may get 2500. All IMO of course
Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #1547
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Thats good. That way Nissan can just come with a lighter SX to compete.
Exactly. Even if Nissan can do 3100lbs that would not be bad with 220hp.

Quote:
True they can, but will they? They are in the position to where they could go lower, but why would they? If the offer better performance for the same price then why not? I do see what you are saying though, I think perhaps 20 would be the lowest for the stripped model, then 26 for the high end one.
I think they might go that route because they'd rather compete with Toyota and that's the route they are going. Plus like I've said in the past this is a good car for Nissan to help out it's fleet average MPG for the new CAFE Regs. If they can make a smaller lighter, less HP car and have it return 30mpg, they might be better off. It might not seem as hard core also to the non-hardcore mainstream buying public.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #1548
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Exactly. Even if Nissan can do 3100lbs that would not be bad with 220hp.
True I wonder what the weight will be? I checked the weight of a couple of nissan vehciles. The 2.5 altima weighs about 3,005 pounds, the 370 z at its heaviest is 3,314lbs. So with a 2.0 Liter turbo, I definitely think 2900 pounds is doable. Since it will probably be smaller than an altima.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #1549
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
True I wonder what the weight will be? I checked the weight of a couple of nissan vehciles. The 2.5 altima weighs about 3,005 pounds, the 370 z at its heaviest is 3,314lbs. So with a 2.0 Liter turbo, I definitely think 2900 pounds is doable. Since it will probably be smaller than an altima.
Shit I didn't even realize the Altima was that light. 2900-3000lbs might be doable then.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #1550
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Shit I didn't even realize the Altima was that light. 2900-3000lbs might be doable then.
Neither did I. I thought the 370z would be the lightest. Then again I supposed the altima just looks bigger due to a wider frame and sheet metal, but a 2.5L v6 vs a 3.7L v6 means weight.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #1551
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
it's cancelled god dammit.
Nissan cancels RWD Silvia successor and GT-R sedan, Prius-fight planned - Autoblog
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #1552
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, I don't think "Autocar" is a reliable source (the source Autoblog is using). Additionally, it wouldn't make any sense to cancel it with everything we've mentioned above.

Autocar - Nissan cancels new 200SX

Lets look at the facts.

Fact: Nissan is reducing SUVs and Trucks
Fact: Small, affordable, fuel-efficient vehicles are in demand
Fact: They need to meet that demand and fill the void left from its SUVs and Trucks

Delayed? Maybe. Stopped? Doubt it. Canceled? Nah.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #1553
JoeC1982
Zilvia Junkie

JoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really niceJoeC1982 is just really nice
I'm sure it probably is cancelled, i kinda gave up and have been shopping for a G35 coupe anyways.

My feedback: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=169481
JoeC1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #1554
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
i TOLD you guys it was gonna be put on hold for a bit like a week - 2 weeks back (a few pages back to be exact)...im gonna say count on it being a 2011 or 2012 model

guess ill just go get me a G35 to fill the void for the time being

ah well...at least if it is true...that was official confirmation that the car is in development (and i seriously think their sources arent that credible and possibly ripping off what mel and i say on like 30 billion different web forums)

Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #1555
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Sorry, I don't think "Autocar" is a reliable source (the source Autoblog is using). Additionally, it wouldn't make any sense to cancel it with everything we've mentioned above.

Autocar - Nissan cancels new 200SX

Lets look at the facts.

Fact: Nissan is reducing SUVs and Trucks
Fact: Small, affordable, fuel-efficient vehicles are in demand
Fact: They need to meet that demand and fill the void left from its SUVs and Trucks

Delayed? Maybe. Stopped? Doubt it. Canceled? Nah.
The Cube fits the void as it's small, fuel efficient and probably versatile.

Until there is a sure demand, I don't see it getting revived.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #1556
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

everytime i speak with a nissan exec...i always inform them how angry the S chassis community is that were getting the shaft left and right...and that the WANT is there for a new replacement...and that the 240sx has turned into a HUGE tuner car in the last 5-6 years

they always go "really??? the car is that popular???"...its like NO FUKING SHIT!!! DO YOU GUYS EVEN TALK TO YOUR CLIENT BASE THAT DOESNT INCLUDE SUV OWNERS???!!!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #1557
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
once again

180sx for life hahaha

maybe a g37s coupe one day
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #1558
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
The Cube fits the void as it's small, fuel efficient and probably versatile.

Until there is a sure demand, I don't see it getting revived.
They still need the small car in the Infiniti line. Whatever that is will have to be RWD for Infinit to compete with Lexus and BMW. And the Cube isn't going to fill the money void of the Titan and Armada.

Nissan likely to dump Quest, Armada and Infiniti QX56 - Autoblog

Nissan 3rd Japanese automaker to shift truck production to cars - Autoblog

Though the Titan is supposed to be replaced by something from Dodge.

Despite Fiat deal, Chrysler will still get small cars from Nissan - Autoblog
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #1559
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
is not having a minivan a good choice?
wat are the soccer moms suppose to drive?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #1560
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
They still need the small car in the Infiniti line. Whatever that is will have to be RWD for Infinit to compete with Lexus and BMW. And the Cube isn't going to fill the money void of the Titan and Armada.

Nissan likely to dump Quest, Armada and Infiniti QX56 - Autoblog

Nissan 3rd Japanese automaker to shift truck production to cars - Autoblog

Though the Titan is supposed to be replaced by something from Dodge.

Despite Fiat deal, Chrysler will still get small cars from Nissan - Autoblog
The EX35 is doing poorly and I just can't see them bringing out a smaller car than the G if there isn't a viable market.

Maybe...just MAYBE Nissan will make a larger crossover to fill the void of the Armada (kinda like the Mazda CX-9).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
is not having a minivan a good choice?
wat are the soccer moms suppose to drive?
Crossover vehicles such as the Rouge or Murano.