Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #1531
KDL323
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KDL323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
should buy me a swap for my s12 hahaha!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:53 PM   #1532
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_child View Post
thanks man. i want to swap my engine on my 93 240sx, its just im not sure what to put.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SWAP ??

I ask not only because I assume your a bandwagoner,
but also your engine swap choice should have to do with what motorsport you specifically want to get involved in??
also your ability to work on a engine?
you have a garage?
you have a DD?
amount of money you can spend monthly?

Any engine besides a KA is going to take constant work.
All engines are more technical than the KA
All engines except the KA are illegal
All engines except the KA come out of Junk Yard cars in Japan, and are a dice roll to their quality.

That being said, engine swaps are great. Just know what your getting into.
If you know how to work on an engine and understand whats going on, you can usually head most issues off before they become problems.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #1533
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Trader Rating: (52)
Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 52 reviews
ROLL CALL BEESHES

Who's comin out this Friday? I'll be there
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #1534
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidin_W.O.P View Post
ROLL CALL BEESHES

Who's comin out this Friday? I'll be there
I wanna come!

Hopefully it's not too cold/rainy and the girl can finally bring the 510.

I've got the cahhhhhhhhbunnnnnnnnnn hood and trunk pins in, so my hood and trunk fit is perfect (pics in the pic thread), but I want to have these new wheels on by this week!

Everyone who knows me from the 626 meet should be in my wheels thread, bumpin that shit... like every day...

... may, I, get a lil something for the G's, and .... *flashback*

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #1535
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

Jimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfectionJimmy Up is close to perfection
donnnnnnnnnnne sonnnnnnnnnn.

Hows it been, hows the 510?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #1536
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Haha, good, been busy. Lots of car stuff goin on in the next week or so

510 got a new era-correct chrome Mooneyes tach (my V-day present to her lol), and will be getting an alarm soon. It's allllllll goooooooooooood ~

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-16-2009, 11:05 PM   #1537
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

NICE

HERE IS WHAT IS ALSO NICE:

I just got off the phone with a guy that wants to buy my seat. He is going to come down to the meet with $100 and Strip club passes for EVERYBODY at the meet.

I told that man that he has a deal lol.

Gotta look out for my boys over here
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #1538
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Strip club passes. Sounds like that kid that got banned (i think?). The one talking shit on the meet and what not.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #1539
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

I was thinking that, and then I thought:

If he comes through with the money and the passes, well then he can have my seat.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 PM   #1540
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
NICE

HERE IS WHAT IS ALSO NICE:

I just got off the phone with a guy that wants to buy my seat. He is going to come down to the meet with $100 and Strip club passes for EVERYBODY at the meet.

I told that man that he has a deal lol.

Gotta look out for my boys over here
Haha that's pretty cheap for your seat - I remember it being in good shape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post
Strip club passes. Sounds like that kid that got banned (i think?). The one talking shit on the meet and what not.
What was his username? I know a local kid that got banned, but he didn't have any strip club connects I don't think.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #1541
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
i might roll out with the new dd...i miss driving the hatch...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 PM   #1542
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

ahhh shit- you heard Strip Club huh? hahahaha
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 PM   #1543
duffman1278
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
duffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really niceduffman1278 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duffman1278
haha strip club passes, I a valve cover from someone on zilvia before, and I met him up in Alahambra, and he gave me a few free passes to deja vu. He told me he was a club promoter.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:39 PM   #1544
Jimmy Up
Zilvia.net GB Vendor

that be the same one then lol
Old 02-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #1545
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
voodoo_child is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
WHY DO YOU WANT TO SWAP ??

I ask not only because I assume your a bandwagoner,
but also your engine swap choice should have to do with what motorsport you specifically want to get involved in??
also your ability to work on a engine?
you have a garage?
you have a DD?
amount of money you can spend monthly?

Any engine besides a KA is going to take constant work.
All engines are more technical than the KA
All engines except the KA are illegal
All engines except the KA come out of Junk Yard cars in Japan, and are a dice roll to their quality.

That being said, engine swaps are great. Just know what your getting into.
If you know how to work on an engine and understand whats going on, you can usually head most issues off before they become problems.
I do want to get involved in drifting. i dont know much on the SR20DET engine as much as you guys thats why i figure to ask for help. im working in a NISSAN dealership as a mechanic but most of the people that i work with doesnt know a lot when it comes to performance. i checked out the SR20DET FAQ and INFO and it help me to understand a little bit about the engine.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:37 AM   #1546
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
i have a SR20det blacktop, its awesome. Very reliable for whatever you are doing. But I guess I got lucky. I have heard of other ppl who didnt have my kind of luck.

If you have the money to burn, get a 350z. Its probably about the same price as getting a 240 and paying someone to swap a SR into your car, and buying upgrades to get to that HP range.

Or if u are a true enthusiast, be like eric, have your engine rebuilt. His single cam is so awesome. I am shocked at the fact that his motor is still so awesome after all this time of use and abuse.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM   #1547
Sonic Motor
www.SonicMotor.com

Trader Rating: (113)
Sonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfectionSonic Motor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 113 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sonic Motor
and Yes, I will be at the meet this friday. Like I always do. =]
Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #1548
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Ill go this friday so i can talk to you guys more about this engine swap thing and maybe i can get more pointers. thanks for your time fellas.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #1549
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
You don't need an SR to drift FYI. I'll be there this Friday as well.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #1550
THE PROPHET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
THE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of lightTHE PROPHET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'll be there, see everybody on friday
Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #1551
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
well yes obviously i dont need an SR just to drift hell i can surely use my stock KA twin cam, but i just really want to put an SR20DET on my car.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #1552
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
well yes obviously i dont need an SR just to drift hell i can surely use my stock KA twin cam, but i just really want to put an SR20DET on my car.
You better have suspension, rims and a diff then.

Otherwise you wont be able to drive your car to the abilities of the upgraded engine.

I have a bone stock KA.
springs and shocks. (not coilovers)
15x8 rims
And I run SR20s and other cars down all day long.
you can pull from me on the straight, but I will catch you in a corner.

If you have your suspension and everything in order before you get the SR, then you will even the playing field ALOT, and that engine will give you the advantage.

But If you remain stock, I can run circles around you, especially grip.
Its about suspension and driver skill.
The HP comes after those things.
imo

And a KA will be an easier engine to learn drifting on. The turbo/boost thing can be a little tricky at first. I have a hard time with it if I try and feather the gas and Im in the range where I am in and out of boost. But I dont want to stay in boost and use the clutch to engage the engine since its not my car........
Better stop before I start getting to technical. lol

Just bring your KA to a event.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM   #1553
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Quote:
ahhh shit- you heard Strip Club huh? hahahaha

was i that obvious...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #1554
amdnivram
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
amdnivram is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to amdnivram
i'll be going this friday also =)

http://silaudrey.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #1555
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You better have suspension, rims and a diff then.

Otherwise you wont be able to drive your car to the abilities of the upgraded engine.

I have a bone stock KA.
springs and shocks. (not coilovers)
15x8 rims
And I run SR20s and other cars down all day long.
you can pull from me on the straight, but I will catch you in a corner.

If you have your suspension and everything in order before you get the SR, then you will even the playing field ALOT, and that engine will give you the advantage.

But If you remain stock, I can run circles around you, especially grip.
Its about suspension and driver skill.
The HP comes after those things.
imo

And a KA will be an easier engine to learn drifting on. The turbo/boost thing can be a little tricky at first. I have a hard time with it if I try and feather the gas and Im in the range where I am in and out of boost. But I dont want to stay in boost and use the clutch to engage the engine since its not my car........
Better stop before I start getting to technical. lol

Just bring your KA to a event.
"KA will be an easier engine to learn drifting on"....i guess your right, but if im going to stick with my KA i will need a 5 speed tranny, clutch pedal and cylinder, and a ECU. i might get a 2 way diff soon.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #1556
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
"KA will be an easier engine to learn drifting on"....i guess your right, but if im going to stick with my KA i will need a 5 speed tranny, clutch pedal and cylinder, and a ECU. i might get a 2 way diff soon.
Pretty much all junkyard parts.
Your gonna need all that anyways if you wanna run SR.

Just get the tranny from someone used.
Weld the diff and save $700, and use that for your fist 4 track events.
pay the entry, gas, and 4 used tires on rims, plus daily rims to get home on.

If you like drifting and are any good at it.
Save for the SR and 2way.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:27 PM   #1557
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Quote:
u wouldnt need to swap the ECU, there, one less things to worry about...

Old 02-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #1558
voodoo_child
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Pretty much all junkyard parts.
Your gonna need all that anyways if you wanna run SR.

Just get the tranny from someone used.
Weld the diff and save $700, and use that for your fist 4 track events.
pay the entry, gas, and 4 used tires on rims, plus daily rims to get home on.

If you like drifting and are any good at it.
Save for the SR and 2way.
i guess ill try that first. thanks man! thank you for your time and help!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #1559
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
but you need one to be cool and burn the spot! lol
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #1560
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
I'll be there this Friday. My presidents day holiday is on Friday, so I will have no school. Fucking weird. lol.
Closed Thread