Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #1531
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
jonjones elbow < metta worldpeace elbow
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #1532
musikjunkie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
musikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud ofmusikjunkie has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
if it was ibaka or perks they would of gotten a sore ass arm but james harden happen to be the perfect height for that king kong chest smash. i can only imagine what would happen if he was kissing the crowd. haha
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1533
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I think Metta's suspension could be a blessing in disguise. Regardless of his recent play, I've always felt that Metta doesn't fit in the starting lineup because he needs the ball and is a shaky shooter. Also, unless they're playing Miami or Boston, quick feet are more important than strength defensively (Didn't you see Durant just blowing by him off screens yesterday?)

Ebanks knows his role and will just hustle and run the floor. With the big 3 and Ramon, we have too many guys who fancy themselves as scorers starting anyways.

If he's only gone a few games, Metta would come off the bench the rest of the way assuming we advance. It's something Mike Brown should have done a long time ago IMO. Ebanks plays well with the starters and Ron can get better offensive opportunities off the bench.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #1534
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Looks like someone is a little butthurt, no?

New Jersey governor Chris Christie says good riddance to Brooklyn-bound Nets - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

And I write too!
Old 04-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #1535
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I think Metta's suspension could be a blessing in disguise. Regardless of his recent play, I've always felt that Metta doesn't fit in the starting lineup because he needs the ball and is a shaky shooter. Also, unless they're playing Miami or Boston, quick feet are more important than strength defensively (Didn't you see Durant just blowing by him off screens yesterday?)

Ebanks knows his role and will just hustle and run the floor. With the big 3 and Ramon, we have too many guys who fancy themselves as scorers starting anyways.

If he's only gone a few games, Metta would come off the bench the rest of the way assuming we advance. It's something Mike Brown should have done a long time ago IMO. Ebanks plays well with the starters and Ron can get better offensive opportunities off the bench.
I think the opposite is true.
I'm glad to see Metta be given a scorer's role by Brown.
He has shown, in Houston and Indiana, that he is a capable.
Unorthodox yea, but capable.
By having Metta become a tripple threat - defending, rebounding and scoring - the Lakers imo have become a more arguably legitimate tittle contender.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #1536
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Fact: David Stern hates the Lakers for having the balls to even TRY to win as many championships as MJ did during his reign as commissioner. Anything he can do to stop them from taking another one – be it the block of the Chris Paul trade, a collective bargaining agreement that is obviously slighted against teams like the Lakers who have been willing to spend to win and up that bottom line or whatever means – he will dammit do.
With that in mind, he and his offices are in position to sit Metta World Beast© (who he has a known vendetta for) down for a few games, thusly taking a starter out of the Lakers’ lineup right as the playoffs are beginning. An adjustment of this magnitude, especially for an offensively inept coach such as Mike Brown, will be unheard of and David Stern’s agenda of keeping the Lakers from taking one more on his watch will be completed. With that in mind, I say they give World Beast© 5 games, in hopes to let them lose the Pacific Division to the Cripples and then get swept from the playoffs.

And I write too!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #1537
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
He wants the Knicks to win

at least one playoff game.

xquizitditz
Old 04-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #1538
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Fact: David Stern hates the Lakers for having the balls to even TRY to win as many championships as MJ did during his reign as commissioner. Anything he can do to stop them from taking another one – be it the block of the Chris Paul trade, a collective bargaining agreement that is obviously slighted against teams like the Lakers who have been willing to spend to win and up that bottom line or whatever means – he will dammit do.
With that in mind, he and his offices are in position to sit Metta World Beast© (who he has a known vendetta for) down for a few games, thusly taking a starter out of the Lakers’ lineup right as the playoffs are beginning. An adjustment of this magnitude, especially for an offensively inept coach such as Mike Brown, will be unheard of and David Stern’s agenda of keeping the Lakers from taking one more on his watch will be completed. With that in mind, I say they give World Beast© 5 games, in hopes to let them lose the Pacific Division to the Cripples and then get swept from the playoffs.
Oh god...is this how lakers fans seriously think?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #1539
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
Oh god...is this how lakers fans seriously think?
While the words of the post are WHOLLY plausible given what has happened, it is apparent that either you've not been reading this thread or your sarcasm filter was ruined.

edit: 7 games
http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/m...pended-7-games

And I write too!
Old 04-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #1540
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Hmm...7, thats less than the 10 thats been thrown around for the last couple days.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1541
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Larry Brown criticizes Michael Jordan's running of Charlotte Bobcats - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

I am betting Jordan sells the team within 3 seasons.
It will have been shot to shit by then, but he is not staying in this failing situation.

And I write too!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #1542
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Defensive Player of the Year:
Lamar Odom, Los Angeles Lakers c/o Dallas Mavericks

... stay with me, here.

At the beginning of the season – as in before any moves had been made – one of the surest things would be that Dallas would bring their nucleus back in and cruise to a repeat, but they let too many pieces escape, then took advantage of a fractured Lakers organization in getting the reigning 6th Man of the Year in exchange for peanuts. If the experiment doesn’t work, at least the guy’s salary will be off the books on July 1st, no?

And then LamarDashian happened. Acting as a special undercover agent for the Lakers, Lamar infiltrated the Dallas locker room and covered it with his malaise and en route to being sent home once, assigned to the D-League to get it together and eventually being kicked off the team, exacted revenge on the Dallas Mavericks for their sweep of the Lakers last spring by leaving them dangerously close to becoming the first reigning NBA Champions to miss the playoffs in a VERY long time. To have effectively defended an entire squad from the inside, he deserves the Defensive Player of the Year award.

And I write too!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #1543
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
That's actually... brilliant!
lol Phlip, you have too much time on your hands.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #1544
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra View Post
That's actually... brilliant!
lol Phlip, you have too much time on your hands.
I actually wrote that yesterday on my lunch break, the rest of the post is here:

NBA Report: Awards Time « Reading & Writing Is For Dumb People

And I write too!
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #1545
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
hoping the knicks do well tonight so they go against the heat

most knick fans seem to be hoping for the bulls but I think the heat have a weak bench.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #1546
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Philly is tanking. Looks like they want the bulls.

Jordan is playing mean its garbage time.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #1547
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

I kinda want the Knicks to win this one, so as to further expose Cheese Eyes as the worst owner in the league

And I write too!
Old 04-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #1548
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
If the Knicks lose tonight

I just don't want them to lose to the Bobcats for the 100th time this season. I don't give a fuck about seeding and who we play in the play offs. We are most likely not (note, I didn't say 100% definitely not) getting past the first round regardless of who we play. Even with almost everybody at 100%, it'll be a difficult match up.

Bulls - will definitely out rebound the Knicks. Noah is such a beast on the boards his hair is like an extra 6th man. Still, Thibs D > Woodson D.

Heat - wayyyyyy too much talent. If Wade has an off night, BronBron will light it up and vice versa. Pretty sure the Heat will shoot way more free throws than the Knicks just 'because superstars'.

*bipolar Knicks fan talking* /sarcasm.

xquizitditz
Old 04-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #1549
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
While the words of the post are WHOLLY plausible given what has happened, it is apparent that either you've not been reading this thread or your sarcasm filter was ruined.

edit: 7 games
Metta World Peace Suspended 7 Games | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS
Probably ruined. I am a Suns fan and there are a serious group that think Stern is out to ruin the Suns. I never believed there could be a Lakers thought like that since LA is one of the largest markets...

Quote:
If the Knicks lose tonight

I just don't want them to lose to the Bobcats for the 100th time this season. I don't give a fuck about seeding and who we play in the play offs. We are most likely not (note, I didn't say 100% definitely not) getting past the first round regardless of who we play. Even with almost everybody at 100%, it'll be a difficult match up.

Bulls - will definitely out rebound the Knicks. Noah is such a beast on the boards his hair is like an extra 6th man. Still, Thibs D > Woodson D.

Heat - wayyyyyy too much talent. If Wade has an off night, BronBron will light it up and vice versa. Pretty sure the Heat will shoot way more free throws than the Knicks just 'because superstars'.

*bipolar Knicks fan talking* /sarcasm.
Looks like they might beat the bobcats tonight. But in the playoffs, they are not going anywhere. Still too many holes.

Heat are still up in the air. Will lebron become his old self and choke it in the playoffs? Who knows. He has been pretty damn good the last few weeks though.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #1550
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't know what it is about this year but I have never seen a team let alone the knicks have such an infectious spirit. It really did start with Lin, seems everyone since then has really gone 100% on both ends of the court. It may sound super corny but there is magic in the air in NY...

(yea I know they will most likely be humiliated in the first round..)
Old 04-27-2012, 04:17 AM   #1551
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
Probably ruined. I am a Suns fan and there are a serious group that think Stern is out to ruin the Suns. I never believed there could be a Lakers thought like that since LA is one of the largest markets...
David Stern is on record as having said "if I had my choice, the Finals would be the Lakers vs the Lakers every year," and the only thing that has happened to show that his allegiance was to his most popular player every (Jordan) instead of his most popular team (the Lakers) was how the lockout was handled and his shooting down the CP3 trade.
So yes, what I said was totally plausible, but if it were all the way true, the Bobcats wouldn't be the worst team in NBA history.

And I write too!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 AM   #1552
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by word sux View Post
I don't know what it is about this year but I have never seen a team let alone the knicks have such an infectious spirit. It really did start with Lin, seems everyone since then has really gone 100% on both ends of the court. It may sound super corny but there is magic in the air in NY...

(yea I know they will most likely be humiliated in the first round..)
I really hate having nice Knick fans in this thread like you, Enkie and Aziankings because it makes it hard to stick my nuts in the mouth of that Baron Davis nutswingging, youtube highlight film making wannabe that lurks this site ruining this thread with his bullshit ideas without going after the franchise. So to be respectful to the more objective, higher basketball I.Q Knick fans in this thread I will say this should be a good matchup. Now to that nut swingging homer I will say, I hope Baron Davis plays like the over the hill wannabe top PG you wish he was. The Heat will stomp a mudhole in your "better than CP3 when healthy PG"...

LETS GO HEAT
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #1553
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Oh man, this takes me back to the playoffs in the late 90s.. Hopefully Woodson brings his A-coaching-game and makes sure Amare plays defense, makes sure Bdavis does not try to make simple passes/plays into highlight reels, which normally blows up on his face, Melo keeps doing what he has been doing for the past 2 weeks, JR Smith give the extra pass (to Novak preferably) and not try to take over the game when Melo is not on the floor! I am really excited that the Knicks made the playoffs 2 consecutive years, but was hoping they did not have to face the Heat! Probably the hardest matchups for the Knicks this season.. we will see how this goes - I hope no sweep, at least! GO NY GO NY GO!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #1554
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
Oh man, this takes me back to the playoffs in the late 90s.. Hopefully Woodson brings his A-coaching-game and makes sure Amare plays defense, makes sure Bdavis does not try to make simple passes/plays into highlight reels, which normally blows up on his face, Melo keeps doing what he has been doing for the past 2 weeks, JR Smith give the extra pass (to Novak preferably) and not try to take over the game when Melo is not on the floor! I am really excited that the Knicks made the playoffs 2 consecutive years, but was hoping they did not have to face the Heat! Probably the hardest matchups for the Knicks this season.. we will see how this goes - I hope no sweep, at least! GO NY GO NY GO!!!
I will say this…
Woodson has been to the playoffs before, but his inability to win when he gets them there is why he is not still in Atlanta right now. If he can contain Melo’s hero ball tendencies and convince his team to play defense, then they have a chance. They DO have a chance, but they're very weak in their guard spots when they're depending on Baron Davis to pull them through.
I have no faith in Baron Davis, so I am not even drawing him into this.

As far as the Lakers go?
I’ve not been confident about this season since the very beginning, and have continued to say so since the preseason. I will simply sit back and hope to be surprised.

And I write too!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #1555
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

zone D is where is at. i saw something last night that woody might try.
woodson might use davis beyond his reg mins or he may not. i know JR and iman will be running often at point for defense. but, bibby and davis got to step up big. the knicks are depending on the whole team to pull them thru, its not just davis.

old vet pg vs the young buck pg.

woodson might have failed on the pass 1st rounders, but eventually he will get it right, especially with a deeper team.
woodson has shadow lingering behind him and it's a bad rumor.

watch the refs for this one, especially iman on wade. let him play D refs! wade is a big baby when he gets man handled.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #1556
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

The bench is going to have to put up allot of points for the knicks to run with the heat. They will have to take advantage of the heat's bench.

out of the bottom 4 teams in the east I think the knicks are the team that no one wanted to play in the first round, even if they don't win I don't think it will be a cake walk for the heat.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:25 PM   #1557
bmar240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
bmar240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey I miss this thread, i have a reason to come back to zilvia now lol
Old 04-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #1558
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
zilvia playoff bracket?

my bracket

first round:
chi: 4-1
bos: 4-3
indy: 4-1
mia: 4-3

sas: 4-1
lac: 4-2
lal: 4-2
okc: 4-2

round 2:
chi: 4-2
mia: 4-2
sas: 4-3
okc: 4-2

ECF:
chi: 6
WCF:
sas 6

final:
chi 6
Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #1559
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I was too conservative last year.

Round 1

Chicago in 6
Boston in 5
Indiana in 4
Miami in 4

Spurs in 6
Clippers in 6
Lakers in 6
OKC in 5

Round 2

Boston in 6
Miami in 5

Spurs in 6
OKC in 6

Round 3

Miami in 5
Spurs in 6

Finals

Miami in 5

Come at me bro!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #1560
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Round 1

Chicago in 5
Boston in 5
Indiana in 6
Miami in 4

Spurs in 6
Memphis in 7
Lakers in 6
OKC in 6

Round 2

Chicago in 6
Miami in 5

Spurs in 6
OKC in 6

Round 3

Miami in 5
Spurs in 6

Finals

Spurs in 6

BUT, I really want OKC to win it from the west, but the way the Spurs have been playing and the way OKC has finished the season, makes me wonder.