Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2013, 10:43 PM   #15571
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
Bump

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Yea. Technically you have 10 days upon moving to ca u have to register your car in ca. So if u drive the same way everyday and the same coo sees your out of state plates, or u get pulled over and they see u have a ca drivers license and out of state plates their gonna give u shit. I've known a couple people that have done this and the only ones I've seen legitimately get away with it are military personnel
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #15572
DriftN00b
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DriftN00b is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
any one know if g dimensions is still at this address?

17909 Rowland St
City of Industry, CA 91748

i went yesterday around 2 and the place basically looks closed down.
DriftN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #15573
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
G dimensions is still around, maybe moved.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #15574
DriftN00b
Zilvia Member

DriftN00b is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
G dimensions is still around, maybe moved.
i saw a few beat up 240s in the back so im certain that i was at the right place. I just thought it was odd to be closed at 2pm on a tuesday.
DriftN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #15575
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetijeff View Post
Yea. Technically you have 10 days upon moving to ca u have to register your car in ca. So if u drive the same way everyday and the same coo sees your out of state plates, or u get pulled over and they see u have a ca drivers license and out of state plates their gonna give u shit. I've known a couple people that have done this and the only ones I've seen legitimately get away with it are military personnel
Not sure they're playing it right.

Just keep it titled to you, but register it in your buddies name. Tell them it's his car, and you're borrowing it, because some shit happened, or he's in the military and overseas and he left it with you, or some bullshit. know your story, so you don't have to think about it, but don't be too eager to explain yourself, and seem obvious.

If you have an in-state license, and the car's in your name, that could cause problems - but as long as registration is in someone else's name, what can they do? Say they don't like you? The facts will be on your side.... as long as you're a licensed driver, it's a registered car, you're set. Maybe even have your friend write a note explaining that to whoever it may concern, you're borrowing his car for the next.... 2 years, or whatever, I dunno.

There's lots of people with multiple houses, who choose one as their residence and keep their vehicles registered there, but who only live there sometimes. There's people with NO house, who drive an RV registered to some random friends house or a pobox or something.... California has no more right to demand that THEY are the state you choose for that perminant address, than the other state.

But don't listen to me, I'm in texas - my car pollutes more than all yours put together.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #15576
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've got a fairly major coolant leak that I am struggling to figure out. I did a leak test and it seems that the leak is under the oil filter but I can't find anything to change there. I already replaced all of the hoses under the intake manifold and the thermostat so I have no idea what to look for.
theStig880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #15577
MeGusta
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
MeGusta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
QUESTION

I'm trying to replace my water hoses on s14 ka manifold
Was going to purchase them from dealer but two of them are discontinued
Has anyone replaced these hoses and what's the best place to purchase them at i.e autozone?
MeGusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #15578
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
QUESTION!!!

so i just installed a rebuilt power steering rack and before when i would turn the tire would rub the inside of the frame

now it reaches its end point too soon and theres a 5 inch gap from the wheel to the inner frame.

anyone have this issuee??

i used to be able to make you turns like nothing now it seems like i cant
Old 12-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #15579
D-KILLA

D-KILLA is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to D-KILLA
QUESTION: my Air fuel ratio sits a little higher when my fan turns on, sits above 15.5-16.3 when the fan is on but bounces down to 14.7-15.3 when its shuts off. Engine performance feels the same, but i wanted to make sure

thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #15580
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KILLA View Post
QUESTION: my Air fuel ratio sits a little higher when my fan turns on, sits above 15.5-16.3 when the fan is on but bounces down to 14.7-15.3 when its shuts off. Engine performance feels the same, but i wanted to make sure

thanks

Well where does rpm sit w/ fans on?
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #15581
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta View Post
QUESTION

I'm trying to replace my water hoses on s14 ka manifold
Was going to purchase them from dealer but two of them are discontinued
Has anyone replaced these hoses and what's the best place to purchase them at i.e autozone?
If i havent been able to get it at autozone or o'rielys,. I found it on enjuku or frsport....if that helps at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
QUESTION!!!

so i just installed a rebuilt power steering rack and before when i would turn the tire would rub the inside of the frame

now it reaches its end point too soon and theres a 5 inch gap from the wheel to the inner frame.

Did the car have any sort of alignment before or after the rack being replaced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KILLA View Post
How are they wired?
Do they both run off the same switched/constant somewhere along the line?
Old 12-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #15582
kylehoggen

kylehoggen is an unknown quantity at this point
hey everyone,
im completely new to this and only joined to ask one question because everywhere ive looked i could get a proper answer. im manually converting my 1995 zenki s14 sr20de this weekend and was just wondering about what to do with the electrics. like is there something i can just unplug and it will drive fine? or am i going to need a new ecu and loom?
kylehoggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #15583
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
in the process of replacing my heater core. i got the model that autozone carries which is the spectra 99222. i was comparing it to the one thats in my car and the autozone one does not have the latch/valve thing on the nipple thats circled in this picture...

my one in my car car does have the latch/valve thing. will it be a problem if i install the one that i got from autozone w/o the thing that is circled?
Old 12-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #15584
maces13
Leaky Injector

maces13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stupid question help! Long story short I have a crazy wheel wobble at 45mph, so bad that I have to slow down to the top.of 2nd to spot it. I had ksports and switched to PBM's and started then. Balanced wheel, new tie rods, coils in good shape. Its front passenger only btw. I have a very small amount of play so maybe w bearing, but the other sides like that with no issue. Would my suspension geometry ( now that I'm slammed) play a part in this? My toe rods and lca look fine too. Sorry for a massive post in a.small ? thread. Point me in the right direction or lemme know what the fuck it is. Thanks brohiems
maces13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #15585
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Rich260z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by maces13 View Post
Stupid question help! Long story short I have a crazy wheel wobble at 45mph, so bad that I have to slow down to the top.of 2nd to spot it. I had ksports and switched to PBM's and started then. Balanced wheel, new tie rods, coils in good shape. Its front passenger only btw. I have a very small amount of play so maybe w bearing, but the other sides like that with no issue. Would my suspension geometry ( now that I'm slammed) play a part in this? My toe rods and lca look fine too. Sorry for a massive post in a.small ? thread. Point me in the right direction or lemme know what the fuck it is. Thanks brohiems
So you installed new coilovers, slammed it and expect it to drive fine? did you get an alignment? if you did, then I'd get the wheels re balanced. Then I'd suspect the wheel bearing.

But honestly its probably because you changed all your shit, slammed it and haven't gotten it aligned.
Rich260z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #15586
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post

How are they wired?
Do they both run off the same switched/constant somewhere along the line?
This, if you wired the power with something else, or didn't ground it properly (like a chassis ground instead of at the negative terminal of the battery) the voltage differential could be throwing your readings off when your fan kicks in. even if it's half a volt, that could be 1 or 2 afr points.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #15587
maces13
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich260z View Post
So you installed new coilovers, slammed it and expect it to drive fine? did you get an alignment? if you did, then I'd get the wheels re balanced. Then I'd suspect the wheel bearing.

But honestly its probably because you changed all your shit, slammed it and haven't gotten it aligned.
I expect it to at least drive the speed limit. I did I diy alignment but as soon as I get a min I'll take it to a shop. Thanks for the help, I'll do those couple things and see how it goes
Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #15588
Danial
Zilvia Member

Danial is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I expect it to at least drive the speed limit. I did I diy alignment but as soon as I get a min I'll take it to a shop. Thanks for the help, I'll do those couple things and see how it goes
No. Get it aligned. Go to a shop with an in ground rack that is used to low cars or you will have to babysit them through every step
Now you get to find out how much -camber you can take out without rubbing too.
Danial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #15589
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

sleepyS14se is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juantwo3 View Post
QUESTION!!!

Sounds like you have no idea what you are doing. Take it to a shop and get them to fix whatever you screwed up.

get a FSM before attempting to replace something yourself.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #15590
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

alignment needed!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #15591
maces13
Leaky Injector

That would be great if that's all it was. I'll do that shit asap, hope its nothing crazy
Old 12-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #15592
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
For all those who did the z32 brake swap!

What brake fluid do you use? Thanks.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #15593
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post

run dot 3 or 4.

i used to used ATE super blue now im using motul rbf600
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #15594
sleepyS14se
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
run dot 3 or 4.

i used to used ATE super blue now im using motul rbf600

what is the process to put this in a s14?

my car has 260k miles and has a q45 front setup and a 07 altima rear setup.. still using rubber oe hoses.

how would i go about putting such fluid in my s14
Old 12-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #15595
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslater9 View Post

I use valvoline dot 3/4. Basically cheap shit. But I use stock rotors and "premium" brake pads from advance auto. I don't track my car enough to warrant good shit, and that is really preference.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #15596
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyS14se View Post
what is the process to put this in a s14?

my car has 260k miles and has a q45 front setup and a 07 altima rear setup.. still using rubber oe hoses.

how would i go about putting such fluid in my s14
You bleed the brakes, and since you are trying to flush the fluid I would invest in a suction cup pump thingy
Old 12-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #15597
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
looking to bypass my heater core for a couple months, just checking to see if i got this right...

do i connect those two hoses with a U-shape hose and ill be fine? sr20 btw.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #15598
marcmarcbark

marcmarcbark is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know if the supermade rear bumper would work with navan lines on a zenki? I have navan skirts and waiting on my navan bumper (rep obvsss) I just don't know what rear bumper I want.. :d and that is not agressive as fuck
Old 12-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #15599
Rich260z
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
looking to bypass my heater core for a couple months, just checking to see if i got this right...

do i connect those two hoses with a U-shape hose and ill be fine? sr20 btw.
Yes, make sure you completely drain it. Why would you do this in the dead of winter?
Old 12-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #15600
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
How much does good-condition, OEM S13 Silvia front bumpers cost in the market today? It just needs paint, nothing is cracked or cut out. Thanks
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote