Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-17-2014, 11:41 AM   #16291
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
oh yes i did castrol synthetic gear oil, took some fluid out on sunday it was a grey color.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #16292
Skitchen

Trader Rating: (0)
Skitchen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm in the process of buying new wheels, and thus doing a 5 lug conversion. My plan for this is going with the ISIS Performance conversion hubs, however, my car is equipped with ABS breaks. I have no intention of drifting or racing or doing anything other than daily driving the car so I don't necessarily want to lock out the ABS breaks if I don't have to. My question then is will I be able to put new anti-skid sensors on the ISIS hubs or are they entirely incompatible? Are there other methods of working around this? And if it comes down to it and I need to eliminate the ABS what would be the best method?
Skitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #16293
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Tried 3 different Clutch Slave Cylinders from Autozone/O Reily's for my 1995 Zenki and none of them fit right. I don't understand why they didn't fit no matter how hard I press them in they don't line up with the bolts to bolt them back on or just like a little bit too big.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:49 PM   #16294
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is there any recommended way to get Solid Subframe Bushings removed, or should I just buy a new subframe?

The subframe I just dropped has some cheap solid bushings installed, and I plan on pressing in SPL bushings so I can adjust to correct the roll center.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #16295
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
oh yes i did castrol synthetic gear oil, took some fluid out on sunday it was a grey color.
Call Enjuku Racing, JspecAuto, Touge Factory and ask them about rebuilding or rebuild parts for your S15 Diff. IF you have not blown big gaping holes or little cracks in the housing you're good with rebuild. What you will need is an internal center section from one of the companies I listed. OS Giken did have some issues with their stuff two years ago(buddy works for Honda, raced for Honda, had issues with the supplied racing diffs from OS Giken for about three months).
On fluids: Grey means WATER. Water means imminent failure. The lubricant must be either natural or synthetic, and if it is not mechanical locking, but VLSD, 4oz TRACTION ADDITIVE must be used(hence my reasons for using Redline Lubricants, tag bitches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post
Is there any recommended way to get Solid Subframe Bushings removed, or should I just buy a new subframe?
The subframe I just dropped has some cheap solid bushings installed, and I plan on pressing in SPL bushings so I can adjust to correct the roll center.
Take your weakness, toss it aside, and knock those bitches out, son! We used kroil and a little heat to remove stock bushings on a 95, and put some pretty purple solids in real easy with a little lithium grease. They slid right in. Same way to get them out, a little heat, and a little MUSCLE, boy! Eat your god damn wheeties like your momma told you!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #16296
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Take your weakness, toss it aside, and knock those bitches out, son! We used kroil and a little heat to remove stock bushings on a 95, and put some pretty purple solids in real easy with a little lithium grease. They slid right in. Same way to get them out, a little heat, and a little MUSCLE, boy! Eat your god damn wheeties like your momma told you!
lol stock bushings are easy to remove, solid bushings on the other hand...

I took a torch and heated up the collar last night to burn off the epoxy the PO used, but we are forced to slide a punch in the middle to try and knock them out. There isn't much surface area so I feel we won't get far.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #16297
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Call Enjuku Racing, JspecAuto, Touge Factory and ask them about rebuilding or rebuild parts for your S15 Diff.
He's talking about rebuilding a helical, not putting in a clutch type.

Also, the gikens in s2000s were breaking ring gears iirc, not the diffs themselves. Either way, OSG is good stuff.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #16298
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Tried 3 different Clutch Slave Cylinders from Autozone/O Reily's for my 1995 Zenki and none of them fit right. I don't understand why they didn't fit no matter how hard I press them in they don't line up with the bolts to bolt them back on or just like a little bit too big.
A picture says a thousand or more words.

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #16299
Gar9854
Zilvia Member

Gar9854 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone either know where I can get the hardware that would come with an isis sr20det intake manifold?
Just bought a motorset the the PO had a brake booster delete kit.. or even the thread pitches for everything?
Gar9854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #16300
Natedog240

Trader Rating: (1)
Natedog240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hello
I am having problems with my sr20det. Its running lean at like 14.2 when idling and stays about the same when under throttle. then when I let off the throttle it goes super lean. then back to 14.2.
The radiator is running hot on the top. and its a brand new one with new fluids.
I was thinking it could be the CTS sensor but not sure why its running lean
the car has about -20 vacuum when idling.

Any help would be amazing

Last edited by Natedog240; 03-19-2014 at 12:33 AM..
Natedog240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #16301
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey, stupid question. I'm a bit color blind and need to change springs in my tial BOV as it's staying wide open at idle. Which color spring is this? "Unpainted" "Grey"???

corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #16302
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
^Yessir it is.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #16303
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Haha thanks dude. Just wanted to double check
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #16304
S14jake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
S14jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14jake View Post
S13 sr, stock with exception of front mount.

Idles, boosts and holds boost fine and performs normal with any driving throughout rev range EXCEPT over 4k rpm under load it falls completely on its face.

Starts bucking hard and cutting out. Every once in awhile I'll get a backfire on decelerating.

Any ideas?
FIXED, i think.

Turned out to be a boost leak. Upon further inspection I found damage and a small hole on the back of the intercooler (maybe a rock?) I patched it for now and it seems to be running normal.

Strange, I've never seen a boost leak become apparent at only certain rpms.

Learn something new everyday.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #16305
trent987

trent987 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have been noticing that every once and a while my rear defrost button will light up while braking any idea why?
trent987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:01 AM   #16306
sidewayzzenki

sidewayzzenki is an unknown quantity at this point
What's up guys. So my car has been idling weird lately like my buddys civic ha. Every now and then it will go up past 1.5k rpms and then drop back down a little below 1k rpms. But today something weird happened which im not sure would be related to it or not. I would turn on the car but almost immediately after it turned off. Happend twice on the third I gave it a little gas and and it stayed on. Hours later i tried again and when I turned it i felt as if when the rpms shot it it dropped down just as dast and turned off. I have a stock KA Kouki a stage 2 clutch and a 11lbs. flywheel. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
sidewayzzenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 AM   #16307
S14jake
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
S14jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzzenki View Post
What's up guys. So my car has been idling weird lately like my buddys civic ha. Every now and then it will go up past 1.5k rpms and then drop back down a little below 1k rpms. But today something weird happened which im not sure would be related to it or not. I would turn on the car but almost immediately after it turned off. Happend twice on the third I gave it a little gas and and it stayed on. Hours later i tried again and when I turned it i felt as if when the rpms shot it it dropped down just as dast and turned off. I have a stock KA Kouki a stage 2 clutch and a 11lbs. flywheel. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
I'm having trouble following....but maybe vacuum leak. Check all the vacuum lines on the intake manifold.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #16308
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Well, new one from Nissan is about $40. I think you just buy one from a dealership and done with it.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #16309
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm trying to find a power source of 12V inside of engine room near the battery on S13. I got a pair of Canadian daytime running lights and I want to turn them on when the car starts and turn them off when ignition is off. Make sense? Well, I don't know electrical stuff well and all I know is from cigarette lighter inside of the car and I don't want to run wires all the way from there. I searched, but most people hooked them up to parking lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #16310
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog240 View Post
Hello
I am having problems with my sr20det. Its running lean at like 14.2 when idling and stays about the same when under throttle. then when I let off the throttle it goes super lean. then back to 14.2.
The radiator is running hot on the top. and its a brand new one with new fluids.
I was thinking it could be the CTS sensor but not sure why its running lean
the car has about -20 vacuum when idling.

Any help would be amazing
14.2 afr is not lean at idle or light throttle.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 AM   #16311
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
but VLSD, 4oz TRACTION ADDITIVE must be used(hence my reasons for using Redline Lubricants, tag bitches)
vlsd is a sealed unit and does not require lsd additive.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #16312
Natedog240

thanks.
do you know what would be causing it to run hot on the top of the radiator?
and what would cuz it to get super lean when I let off the throttle it jumps it like 20.0?

Last edited by Natedog240; 03-19-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #16313
Natedog240

Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
14.2 afr is not lean at idle or light throttle.
thanks.
do you know what would be causing it to run hot on the top of the radiator? like super hot.

and what would cuz it to get super lean when I let off the throttle it jumps it like 20.0?
Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 AM   #16314
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I just got mine on ebay. I forget the brand but it was a pretty well known one. It was cheaper than getting it from the local parts store and it lined up perfectly.
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #16315
89hatchman
Zilvia Member

89hatchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
thanks.
do you know what would be causing it to run hot on the top of the radiator? like super hot.

let off the throttle all the way? Could it be that the motor is no longer dumping fuel in and it's just air? Mine leans out a bit like that but I don't think it goes to 20
89hatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #16316
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
The injectors turn off when you let off the throttle and engine brake. Of course it goes lean.

This is the small questions thread, but damn...
Old 03-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #16317
Natedog240

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89hatchman View Post
let off the throttle all the way? Could it be that the motor is no longer dumping fuel in and it's just air? Mine leans out a bit like that but I don't think it goes to 20
yeah all the time letting off the throttle t goes super lean. I wouldn't think it would be that. I have brand new fuel lines, filter, pressure regulator, and a walbro 255.

You think it could be the TPS sensor? not getting a good connection or going bad.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #16318
Natedog240

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
The injectors turn off when you let off the throttle and engine brake. Of course it goes lean.

This is the small questions thread, but damn...
Yeah I know but it maxes out my afr and it shouldnt go that lean.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #16319
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Try cracking the bleeder when you install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ 21o3 View Post

Heat, a hammer, and patience. THere isn't much to 'get a hold of' per say to hammer it out but they can come out.

With that said, it also may not be worth your time or sanity when you get get a used on from craigslist/classifieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
I'm trying to find a power source of 12V inside of engine room near the battery on S13. I got a pair of Canadian daytime running lights and I want to turn them on when the car starts and turn them off when ignition is off. Make sense? Well, I don't know electrical stuff well and all I know is from cigarette lighter inside of the car and I don't want to run wires all the way from there. I searched, but most people hooked them up to parking lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check the fuse box?

Quote:
thanks.

When you let off the throttle, and the engine has no fuel, what do you think the AFR will go to? Totally lean. Some gauges will even display 'air'.

All the radiators will be hot at the top, that's where coolant from the engine enters the radiator. Hows' teh bottom hose feel/ Warm/hard/hot? If it's cool, then your system may be working fine. What's your temp gauge say?

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #16320
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Of course it goes full lean. There is NO fuel.