Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #1621
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Are you planning to bow out the overfenders to clear the tire?
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #1622
Johny5
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Johny5
of course, thats just a test fit to see how much my camber changed, it originally fit inside the fender just enough to rub the sidewall lettering.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #1623
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
im going to make a terminator fender replica for George's car to carry on the spirit in 2012.

(im just not going to fix his fender when he smashes it the first time he drives the car)
Old 03-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #1624
Johny5
Post Whore!

Johny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfectionJohny5 is close to perfection
Both George and I will be leaving XDC Arizona without fenders..possibly more
Old 03-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #1625
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Straight up killing them Stew..
Old 03-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #1626
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
So many cool builds going on in DFW and I don't have my car out here w me for college so I can't see any lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #1627
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
Yes sir, I bought a mint set of 243s and PowerFAB is having them ported/flow tested for my application. Very excited to see the new numbers!
How much is powerfab charging to port the heads, what are they doing exactly? I was thinking about doing it through Advanced Induction Cylinder Head Development

I really like the spherical tein mount you did on the coilovers howmuch would you charge to do that on my teins s14.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #1628
Johny5
Post Whore!

I can ask what going rate would be on doing the heads and get back to ya if you'd like? As far as the spherical bearings yeah I can do it but I still need to find out of my offset solution is going to work on the upright stud. Once I know I'll let ya know
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #1629
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
You've got some crazy awesome stuff going on, I hope it all works as awesome as it looks!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #1630
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Are you really going to be running zero camber? I saw MAX advertising that their new rear drop knuckle got rid of camber gain. Is this the new trend in drift set up? If so what's it achieve?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #1631
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Watch out AZ hammers a coming!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #1632
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Over the top man. Can't wait to see it ripping!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #1633
Johny5
Post Whore!

Love the compliments guys, thank you! Its great motivation to know people are digging whats going on with the car

Drew, absolutely. The less camber I start with the less I'll have when I gain under squat. I know Dan and company are busy over at PSM but I don't see how you could completely remove it, perhaps lessen it but I wonder how they changed the track of the RUCA to do so and what it did to the RC? The more contact patch the better, and the S-chassis is a nasty little camber gaining bitch of a car from the factory!

Yo Sergio I got a question for ya I'll run it by you later today, saw something on the car I wanted to ask about.

Also guys, got everything summed up into one blog finally instead of little blurbs and pics. I've gotten some questions about this so here you go I'd appreciate it if you spread this around and helped get the website out there and exposed a little bit. Anything helps!

Adjustable ARBs - Stewart Leask

working on another one now actually, little sneak peak

Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #1634
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
stew your an ferrules are all wrong
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #1635
Johny5
Post Whore!

lol, can I edit my thread title?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #1636
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post
Are you really going to be running zero camber? I saw MAX advertising that their new rear drop knuckle got rid of camber gain. Is this the new trend in drift set up? If so what's it achieve?
Helps keep more contact patch on the ground

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #1637
Johny5
Post Whore!

Revalved Tein Coilovers and Swift Springs - Stewart Leask

VERY excited about this one! 10 more days till event!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #1638
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johny5 View Post
...and the S-chassis is a nasty little camber gaining bitch of a car from the factory!helps!...
Your comment scared me into digging up the camber curves of the 240sx. I found this great post by Epstein on NRR. I calculated out the camber gain from his pic. Presuming the car is already lowered 1.75", and an S14 subframe: the first inch of bump gains 1.08 degrees of camber.

Playing with S14 subframe - Nissan Road Racing Forums

That kind of camber gain looks about perfect for grip. So you definitely don't need much static camber. Is 1.08 deg per inch really a nasty gain?!

I also stumbled upon some of my own front suspension models. Depending on how much roll center correction your running the front strut gains 0.45 - 0.63 degrees of camber per inch of bump.

The new suspension looks awesome. All cleaned and lubed changes should be super easy. It'll be interesting to see what kind of spring rates you end up with. Any chance you have shock dyno's you can post?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #1639
Johny5
Post Whore!

Visually when you see my car in motion you'll notice it changes a lot more than 1deg. per inch but I suppose everything is somewhat situational. Perhaps the urethane in my spindles is offering too much deflection or the height my car was at in the curve wasn't optimal. I am definitely lower than 1.75" however the drop spindles should reverse that effect. This is a chart I should try making for my own car soon, see how the two differ. I feel like that could be interesting.

Front I've never had any sort of issues with, I'm happy with the functionality of the front suspension.

I finally have access to a shock dyno and once the cars sorted/I have time I do intend on laying one down to see how they do
Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #1640
Johny5
Post Whore!

The first event is in 5 days now to be exact and my car must be at the chassis shop in 4. Not really having much of an idea what I should do on the car I decided to focus my efforts on getting the "tow vehicle" "brodozer" "texas special" all fixed up and ready for the year. She rides so damn nice now

http://www.stewartleask.com/build/to...le-maintenance
Old 03-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #1641
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
thats definitely a brodozer lol
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #1642
Johny5
Post Whore!

The car just made it back from its first event in 2012. I am still smiling. So many things could've gone wrong or not worked, EVERYTHING worked, PERFECTLY.

Stewart Leask at GGP 3/18/2012 - YouTube

The rear wheels are so relaxed with their new setting! The car settles over bumps miraculously. Its an absolutely animal at following now. I love my car more and more with every single part and hour I put into it. Finally, I feel like I'm going in the right direction with it.

Fabricated Motorsports FD Pro-AM Series Round 1 - Stewart Leask

Feel free to check out a full writeup, or here's some sweet pics

Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 AM   #1643
Johny5
Post Whore!

I also want to cheat and throw this in here. I'm no Toby but I'm proud of this piece!

Stack 8100 for a customer car that bolts in 100% like OEM, black suede cloth surround, fully accessible wiring/plug with Stack installed in cluster.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:28 AM   #1644
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
I absolutely love how much work you put into everything and you still didn't replace the fender lol. That's something I would do.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #1645
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i need to become a stackbro!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #1646
Johny5
Post Whore!

ummm duh! we both do!!
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #1647
scottie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
scottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nicescottie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Cluster looks great Stew! Man it is clear to see when I watched footage from the event that your car was planted to the ground. It never looked unsettled and the rear had a nice squat to it which probably translates to higher grip levels. Truly inspiring!
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #1648
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'm pumped to hear that you're starting to really dial your car in!

Seriously, this is one of my favorite threads on this forum.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #1649
Johny5
Post Whore!

thank you very much I appreciate it!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #1650
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Damn you Stew, it looks like I may have some competition

I am jealous though because I haven't even gotten the time to make my own cluster yet.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote