Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #1651
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
The Hyundai stigma. Imagine if Buick came out with a boosted RWD car, what would be your first thought?
Vin Diesel

lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #1652
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
And if the SX will look anything like essence (phoenetically similar,too. coincidence?), I'm all fucking ears/eyes/penis/etc.

lol i may have to sig quote this, sooo troof
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:32 PM   #1653
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
The Hyundai stigma. Imagine if Buick came out with a boosted RWD car, what would be your first thought?
You mean like the Grand National? Uh yeah I think most domestic guys would love a new Grand National.

Quote:
The name Hyundai doesn't usually bring anything positive to mind. However, the name Infiniti brings memories of quality, power and an all around nice product.

And also what you said about it being a decent alternative, most people would rather gamble on something they know for sure will be good instead of taking a chance with the Genesis.
Sorry, your perspective is 100% wrong. Pre G35, Infiniti was the red-headed stepchild of the luxury car market. If you bought a Q45 or I30 brand new in the 90's/early 2000's the first thing you'd get asked is "Why didn't you buy a Lexus or BMW?" The best Infiniti in that period was the G20, and it was overpriced. It wasn't until the G35 and later the M that people thought Infiniti was actually decent.

Quote:
and lastly, the primary buyers of the G37 are not the same people that would be looking at the Genesis. Slightly older than middle aged, middle aged people and younger people with fresh jobs, perhaps just out of college would be buying the G37, the Genesis will be for people who are looking for a budget sports car.

It will take a lot more than some favorable reviews for Hyundai to really compete with Infiniti.
Like I said, don't you remember when the G35 was first released? Lots of people said nobody was gonna cross shop an Infiniti and a BMW. Now look at the market. And the Genesis sedan certainly is in that market, coupe obviously not. The Genesis is actually kinda unique in the sense that the coupe and sedan are marketed totally differently.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #1654
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. The biggest hurdle for Hyundai with the Genesis coupe will be to sell the "performance" aspect of it. I mean, Hyundai doesn't have a significant (if any) racing history. There is no racing pedigree there. Guess you got to start somewhere, but I would like to see them put the Genesis coupe to compete in something besides drifting.

Speaking of Buick, if they weren't in danger of being axed, coming out with a new Grand National may not be a bad idea. There could be a halo effect there. Plus, all the other domestic brands are bringing back their muscle cars (Challenger. Camaro, Retro Mustang, etc.).
Old 03-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #1655
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hyundai does have some recent respectable (although not quite dominating) racing history in the WRC;
Hyundai Motor Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They can't compare to most japanese companies even though they've been around for the same time,
but as you say they have to begin somewhere.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #1656
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
well...if you guys would pay attention to market reports and reviews...hyundai has come up leaps and bounds in the last 10 years...theyve gone from every car they make being a shitbox to a company that has completely redefined itself in every aspect...a lot of their more "expensive" sedans are now receiving a lot of good reviews...and the genesis may be exactly what hyundai needs to become recognized in the performance & luxury market (sedan + coupe)...the tiburon was a nice attempt (and it got REALLY sexy as it aged for a FWD drive car...the first gens were /barf) but with the introduction of the genesis coupe taking over the tibbys spot...hyundai will more than likely receive quite a few positive reviews for it

and im still going to argue with anyone...NO ONE is making a car that is priced UNDER 24k that is rwd, turbo, brembo equiped and is actually marketed toward enthusiasts EXCEPT hyundai

and for once ill agree with atom on not just one...but TWO points he brought up...if GM got off its sorry ass and made a "new" GN...it would sell like crazy to the domestic guys...that car has such street credit as well as straight line credit its nuts

and the 2nd point is the infiniti remark...infiniti was the bastard step child of nissan in the US up until the FM platform G series debuted...most of their line up consisted of FWD, rebadged american nissan chassis...what RWD offerings they had (especially in the early 90s...J30 anyone?) were either over priced and under powered, or were just plain UGLY (come on...gatling gun inspired project headlights)...infiniti did HORRIBLY in the 90s...the FM platform saved infintis ass completely...i believe there was even talk of nissan discontinuing the infiniti line in the early 2000s because of how poorly the cars were marketed and sold

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #1657
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Ghosn saved Nissan/Infiniti.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #1658
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Imagine if Buick came out with a boosted RWD car, what would be your first thought?
I lol'd at this. I instantly thought Grand National haha. But all laughter aside, the genesis isn't a bad car. They definately set themselves apart by doing the genesis. Nissan dropped the ball, so did toyota. There's been a market for it for a long time, just noone wanting to listen to what was wanted. I guess it finally had to happen at some point. I just wish they would've started this all w/o waiting this long to do so.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #1659
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by atom View Post
Like I said, don't you remember when the G35 was first released? Lots of people said nobody was gonna cross shop an Infiniti and a BMW. Now look at the market. And the Genesis sedan certainly is in that market, coupe obviously not. The Genesis is actually kinda unique in the sense that the coupe and sedan are marketed totally differently.
You have a good point. I had not thought of it like that. Perhaps then the Genesis will give Hyundai the boost they need to get where Infiniti is now.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #1660
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
so i just read on autoblog that toyota has YET AGAIN confirmed that the new toybaru is on track and that last weeks announcement of the car being put on hold was false

oi...make up your fukin minds

so again confirmation comes from toyotas PR people...hyundai has started to release the genesis coupe on america...so uh nissan...WTF??? still livin it up in fail town i see...might wanna start lookin at houses in winner town sometime soon

Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 AM   #1661
s13dan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
s13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enoughs13dan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hell yea there has been a market for a rwd coupe thats affordable...I can think of 61,000 ppl that would agree!
89 240sx hatch #933-the hot rod
91 240sx coupe #131,603-the daily
s13dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:57 AM   #1662
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Nissan is like that really hot chick in Middle School who cuts herself.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:04 AM   #1663
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

omg!!! ROFLMAOing!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #1664
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
so i just read on autoblog that toyota has YET AGAIN confirmed that the new toybaru is on track and that last weeks announcement of the car being put on hold was false

oi...make up your fukin minds

so again confirmation comes from toyotas PR people...hyundai has started to release the genesis coupe on america...so uh nissan...WTF??? still livin it up in fail town i see...might wanna start lookin at houses in winner town sometime soon
Perhaps Nissan is doing what Apple is doing with the 3rd gen Iphone, building it with out real confirmation, with plans to someday blow the world away with it.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #1665
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

please dont ever mention nissan and apple in the same sentence again...its blasphemy

Old 03-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #1666
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

that has officially made it to my signature for the next month or so lol

Old 03-04-2009, 03:33 PM   #1667
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
please dont ever mention nissan and apple in the same sentence again...its blasphemy
????? Don't like apple?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #1668
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
whats wrong with apple bieeeeeeicccch
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #1669
DaPCWiz
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
DaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond reputeDaPCWiz has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DaPCWiz Send a message via MSN to DaPCWiz Send a message via Yahoo to DaPCWiz
Quote:
you can say that again.

http://blog.dapcwiz.com
DaPCWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #1670
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
whats wrong with apple bieeeeeeicccch
im not an apple fan...at all...and its a subject im not gonna even get into cause it WILL start a fight lol

im one of the few multimedia designers youll meet that despises apple

Old 03-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #1671
iwishiwas-all*
Nissanaholic!

iwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfectioniwishiwas-all* is close to perfection
Quote:
im not an apple fan...at all...and its a subject im not gonna even get into cause it WILL start a fight lol

im one of the few multimedia designers youll meet that despises apple
then you are obviously not a very experience one at that, OOOOOOOOOOO.
had to, had to, you walked into it.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #1672
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwishiwas-all* View Post
then you are obviously not a very experience one at that, OOOOOOOOOOO.
had to, had to, you walked into it.
joke or not...ive been using photoshop longer than 90% of people have even KNOWN about it...when i got into "multimedia design" stuff...photoshops newest and latest upgrade was LAYERS!!! (that was in version 3...i was just learning on version 2.5)

what was true about macs 15 years ago is no longer true today...and just cause i dont like macs doesnt mean i dont know how to use them...got my A+ certification in MacOS X about 4 years ago for work...and i can tell you this right now...mac OS has more holes in it than ANY version of windows...its memory controller STILL sucks ass to this day...and unix or not...it is one of the most UNSTABLE operating systems currently on the market

but im done with the mac vs PC conversation now...on with the reasons nissan is failing in life

Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #1673
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i just noticed something....

take a look on the far left...

Old 03-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #1674
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
My first thought

But it seems slimmer and wider in proportion.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #1675
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
My first thought

But it seems slimmer and wider in proportion.

but look at the rear window...its rolled down...tail lights are quite a bit different too

+200 internets to someone who can find a picture and name of that car

EDIT: LENNON = FAIL!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #1676
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

ah fuk...nevermind...its the goddamn G37 convertable UGH *hits head on desk*

Old 03-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #1677
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
At least it looks decent, unlike the Z's top.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #1678
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

eh...annoying thing is...nissan has the money to develop a TOP TIER infiniti sports car...one that is out of the price range of SO many people...but IT WONT GIVE US A NEW GODDAMN SILVIA!!!

no lets bring out a new SUV and a sports car that will prolly share the same goddamn price tag as the GTR...the 240sx replacement isnt important...its not like every teenager/young adult doesnt know what the car is and want a brand new version in dealerships...well just leave that up to toyota/subaru and hyundai

im getting really bitter about this subject

Old 03-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #1679
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I have faith that they will give us something, eventually. By that point we may have members riding around in Hyundais and Toyotas\Subarus, but there will have to be something from Nissan.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #1680
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
I have faith that they will give us something, eventually. By that point we may have members riding around in Hyundais and Toyotas\Subarus, but there will have to be something from Nissan.
Seriously. As soon as I get a job I'm buying a new or newer car. If I decide to buy new it's gonna be a Gen Coupe. If I buy a used car it's gonna be a G35 Coupe.

I'm done waiting for now. EVEN if Nissan announces the SX by the end of this year it'll be another year or two (probbly not two though based of of Nissan's track record) before it starts rolling into showrooms. By then I might be ready to move on from whatever vehicle I get.