Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-27-2010, 02:56 PM   #1681
TFD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
TFD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
... just putted my 2871 at 1.4 bar with 1.5 at peak. No problems so far.
Nevertheless, a mhg + studs etc. is going in this winter.

1 bar with a proper tune should no were near a problem.
TFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #1682
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just put down 352whp and about 285ftlbs on 16psi. 94 octane
gt2871r .64 tial v band housing custom tubular mani, 740cc nismos,haltech sport 1000 ecu, isis intake mani,jwt 260 cams,cometic mls hg,arp studs. and supporting mods. was on dyno dynamics at a correction of 1.13, All the credit goes to Bill Bowering in Langley BC Canada. For doing an amazing job tuning the car.

Dyno Sheets:

Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #1683
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bowering View Post
Just put down 352whp and about 285ftlbs on 16psi. 94 octane
gt2871r .64 tial v band housing custom tubular mani, 740cc nismos,haltech sport 1000 ecu, isis intake mani. and supporting mods. was on dyno dynamics at a correction of 1.13 will post dyno sheet if you guys want. All the credit goes to Bill Bowering in Langley BC Canada. For doing an amazing job tuning the car.
Do you have cams? Weird that the peak torque is so low....
Old 10-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #1684
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Sorry ya I just added a few things. I have jwt 260 cams. Im happy with the torque timing map is pretty conservative and its a touch on the rich side becuase of the altitude difference that the car often covers this car is a year round dd in interior of BC. Also keep in mind that this is a dyno dynamics on correction of 1.13 dyno jet numbers are usually 13 to 18 percent higher so that may have an affect on the torque number but I am not entirely sure.On another note the dyno was a bit of on gearing the sheet says it stops at 7000 when we were running to 7400.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #1685
TFD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
TFD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How is the isis manifold acting in your setup? HP level is pretty nice at 16 psi if you ask me btw.
TFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #1686
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

mani works well I gasket matched it and cleaned it up a bit inside becuase it was off but it seams to be working well. I am very pleased with the hp level at 16psi.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #1687
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Sorry ya I just added a few things. I have jwt 260 cams. Im happy with the torque timing map is pretty conservative and its a touch on the rich side becuase of the altitude difference that the car often covers this car is a year round dd in interior of BC. Also keep in mind that this is a dyno dynamics on correction of 1.13 dyno jet numbers are usually 13 to 18 percent higher so that may have an affect on the torque number but I am not entirely sure.On another note the dyno was a bit of on gearing the sheet says it stops at 7000 when we were running to 7400.
Seriously it doesn't make sense though, I have my car tuned on a DynoDynamics and no way there could be THAT big of a difference between HP and TQ numbers.... Just saying....

So this is correcting to the Dyno jet numbers? So your numbers read closer to dynojet numbers? or does it correct for dynojet numbers so it reads 13-18 percent lower.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #1688
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Seriously it doesn't make sense though, I have my car tuned on a DynoDynamics and no way there could be THAT big of a difference between HP and TQ numbers.... Just saying....

So this is correcting to the Dyno jet numbers? So your numbers read closer to dynojet numbers? or does it correct for dynojet numbers so it reads 13-18 percent lower.
16 psi on a dyno dynamic, making 285 ft lbs is pretty good...considering that would be over 300 on a dynonjet. Much like 350 hp being close to 380 Seems strong IMO for 16 psi.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #1689
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Quote:

You always have to put in a correction factor this one is 1.13 to attempt to get things a bit closer to dyno jet numbers.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #1690
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
You always have to put in a correction factor this one is 1.13 to attempt to get things a bit closer to dyno jet numbers.
Oh if they are corrected then I take back what I said, and will agree with Slider....that does seem 'sorta low' for the dyno. I assume it's a standalone car

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #1691
slidewaysS15R

Trader Rating: (0)
slidewaysS15R is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dumbass question whats the oem flange size
Old 10-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #1692
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewaysS15R View Post
dumbass question whats the oem flange size
t2

msg length

Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM   #1693
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Haltech sport 1000 and what makes this seam like a low number? in comparison to what? I have yet to see the same setup. Maybe the combination of a short runner intake mani and small frame turbo?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 AM   #1694
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Haltech sport 1000 and what makes this seam like a low number? in comparison to what? I have yet to see the same setup. Maybe the combination of a short runner intake mani and small frame turbo?
There are a million setups out their like yours, the greddy/freddy are all short runner intakes..in fact it's very popular

The two things that stick ouu to me, are the tuning and the tubular exhast manifold...

Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #1695
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
There are a million setups out their like yours, the greddy/freddy are all short runner intakes..in fact it's very popular

The two things that stick ouu to me, are the tuning and the tubular exhast manifold...
Before you start posting in this thread, did you happen the read any previous pages at all. There are a LOT of people running the same setup.... Is it possible the correction is just in HP instead but not the tq curve? Could that be possible cody?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:10 AM   #1696
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

I have read the entire thread it is why I switched down to a 28 from 30 and by same as my setup I was referring to turbine housing cams and intake mani. And as to the correction it could be just HP but I would think it would be both
Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #1697
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Before you start posting in this thread, did you happen the read any previous pages at all. There are a LOT of people running the same setup.... Is it possible the correction is just in HP instead but not the tq curve? Could that be possible cody?
There would never not be a change in both, as HP is a calculation from torque. Both would need to change in order for it to work.

Honestly though, correcting numbers to 'make' other numbers is kinda lame IMO as it is not ever an exact science, nor does it make any difference in the grand scheme of things (unless trying for some odd internet legend bragging rights which way to many get caught up in)

Quote:
I have read the entire thread it is why I switched down to a 28 from 30 and by same as my setup I was referring to turbine housing cams and intake mani. And as to the correction it could be just HP but I would think it would be both
Another thing to consider is how off that torque curve is....it seems very off.

Also: Why only to 7000 rpm?

Old 10-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #1698
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Torque curve seams fine to me. The gear ratio was a bit off on the dyno the soft cut was 7400 hard cut is 7700 and the cams plateu at 7500 thats why its there.Every dyno has a correction for many reason this is only 1.13 which is just attempting to make it semi close to dyno jet becuase its what most people are familiar with. Not to make bigger numbers I switched to a smaller turbo to have a power band I enjoy more. I posted this info up here so that other users could just see more gt2871 sr info.Not to prove anything. The car is super fun to drive and stays in boost whenever I want unliek the 30 did.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:59 AM   #1699
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
Torque curve seams fine to me. The gear ratio was a bit off on the dyno the soft cut was 7400 hard cut is 7700 and the cams plateu at 7500 thats why its there.Every dyno has a correction for many reason this is only 1.13 which is just attempting to make it semi close to dyno jet becuase its what most people are familiar with. Not to make bigger numbers I switched to a smaller turbo to have a power band I enjoy more. I posted this info up here so that other users could just see more gt2871 sr info.Not to prove anything. The car is super fun to drive and stays in boost whenever I want unliek the 30 did.
The torque curve looked like it crossed around 5500 so that is pretty normal. Cody and I just think its weird that is all just in case there is a problem with the engine setup or tuning.... but then whatever, if you are happy with it its all good.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #1700
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

On another note roninwon a ways back makes 340 and 260 on 15psi. are you sure it doesnt just look weird in comparison to your dyno sheet cody becuase somehow your car makes a ton of torque. Im jealous not going to lie.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #1701
slider2828
Post Whore!

Quote:
On another note roninwon a ways back makes 340 and 260 on 15psi. are you sure it doesnt just look weird in comparison to your dyno sheet cody becuase somehow your car makes a ton of torque. Im jealous not going to lie.
I made like 327HP and 310TQ uncorrected on a DD iwth Steve Shadows..... 17PSI on a .86

Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #1702
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try not to be too offended this is Zilvia... And subtlety is rare! XD

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM   #1703
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

If you were telling me not to be offended have no worries I'm not. And slider not trying to cut you down but that looks alot more like 290ish than 310. Agreed the gap between my numbers looks a touch larger than most but I think that's due to a short runner intake and a long runner top mount exhaust mani. Regardless I am pleased with the results and will continue to slide around on a daily basis.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #1704
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
.Every dyno has a correction for many reason this is only 1.13 which is just attempting to make it semi close to dyno jet becuase its what most people are familiar with. Not to make bigger numbers I switched to a smaller turbo to have a power band I enjoy more. I posted this info up here so that other users could just see more gt2871 sr info.Not to prove anything. The car is super fun to drive and stays in boost whenever I want unliek the 30 did.
Oh for sure, I totally understand the attemp to equalize the numbers...as a dyno operator myself, nothing bothers me more than when you see people comparing dynojet to dynojet or similar, yet not acknoweldging the difference in correction...this is why I always provide all available hehe. Not faulting you here, just glad you stated that as many on her don't grasp that.

And yes, there is something to be said about how the 28 just makes for a all around better mannered street car, while being just as fun. I hate waiting...28's don't wait ehehe

Quote:
It just seems that your dyno follows the torque curve similar to a FWD or smaller 28r varient...in fact it looks similar to a 28RS setup. It just seems that the tuner could maybe go back and reevaluate that 3500-5000 area...or it may simply be around the fact that you have a tubular exhaust manifold on there.

Don't take what we say as hate (and It seems your not)...we're just trying to get your setup sorted out in our nerdy little heads to understand it better (in relation to all other 28 setups)

Quote:
If you were telling me not to be offended have no worries I'm not. And slider not trying to cut you down but that looks alot more like 290ish than 310. Agreed the gap between my numbers looks a touch larger than most but I think that's due to a short runner intake and a long runner top mount exhaust mani. Regardless I am pleased with the results and will continue to slide around on a daily basis.
Being happy is the number 1 thing! Cheers!

(and I agree, I don't see the 310 ft lbs either (even after doing reverse math)...i mean 300ish maybe at most, but we may simply be splitting hairs here...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 AM   #1705
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Could it maybe be a clutch and flywheel combo thing as well? I am running a stock flywheel and the jwt 260s are fwd cams originally aren't they?
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #1706
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

As for tuning it was done by a reputable tuner tuning for mbt with knock ears just in case and we then Pulled 2 degrees and richened it up a hair across the board to account for any elevation issues.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:43 AM   #1707
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Could it maybe be a clutch and flywheel combo thing as well? I am running a stock flywheel and the jwt 260s are fwd cams originally aren't they?
S3's are SR20 cams, no differnece if FWD or RWD, unless of course a later modle FWD/SR with Roller Rockers (or gtir with mechanical valvetrain)

Stock flywheel won't effect it that much..in fact it will help load the turbo and create more torque sooner.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #1708
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
took my car fora drive yesterday never went over 3000 really, maybe up to 3500 a couple times. but the sr22 spooled the gt2871 .86 to 5 pounds of boost by 3000 in 3rd gear. witha stock manifold exhaust and bc 264 cams, enthalpy tune. greddy intake. deffiently has some low end torque going on. you can just feel it.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #1709
rage941
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
rage941 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm looking at a car and the guy says this is the set up.
gt2871r turbo with gt3071r internals. turbo compressor .42ar 72 trim, turbine .63ar 62 trim
bc 272/272 cams

What do you guys think? Are the cams too much for the turbo?
rage941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:15 AM   #1710
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage941 View Post
I'm looking at a car and the guy says this is the set up.
gt2871r turbo with gt3071r internals. turbo compressor .42ar 72 trim, turbine .63ar 62 trim
bc 272/272 cams

What do you guys think? Are the cams too much for the turbo?
Sounds like hes full of shit to be honest with you.

The only difference between a GT3071R 56 Trim and a GT2871R 56 trim is the exhaust wheel and a bigger compressor housing thats interchangeable.

272 Cams will be fine if your upgrading in the future, I got a ride from a member on this board with 272 duration Cams and a S15 T28 and it pulled hard, lag wasnt even much of a difference.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote