Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #17401
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wiring electric fans does the ALT S fuse that is 7.5 amps in the fuse box in the bay become "hot" when the car turns on? Trying to find a fuse to tap so I can have my fan turned on with a relay or should I tap it to the 15 amps fuse audio?
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2014, 05:34 AM   #17402
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Wiring electric fans does the ALT S fuse that is 7.5 amps in the fuse box in the bay become "hot" when the car turns on? Trying to find a fuse to tap so I can have my fan turned on with a relay or should I tap it to the 15 amps fuse audio?
Ignition fuse...get the Fan Controller kit from Enjuku. It's well worth it and you can set it to work both fans all the time(better in heavy traffic), and a simple 10* off time after it's shut down.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #17403
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone know of any good guides for standalone tuning? I've downloaded the series on aem specifically but I also like to be able to read up on these kind of things to become very well versed.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #17404
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
Anyone know of any good guides for standalone tuning? I've downloaded the series on aem specifically but I also like to be able to read up on these kind of things to become very well versed.
There are whole books on the subject. Are you looking at theory or using the programs?

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
Old 10-30-2014, 09:50 AM   #17405
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
There are whole books on the subject. Are you looking at theory or using the programs?

Sent from my iFad using Crapatalk
More so the theory. The web video series I found is pretty in depth on the particular program. I just want to gain a more in depth knowledge on the actual theory of tuning.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #17406
Lompang
Leaky Injector

18 Gauge wire safe to attach to car battery through a 30 amp fuse to a relay? Or should I use a 1/0 Gauge wire just for the battery connection to relay while using the 18 Gauge only for the fan + switch connection to relay? Just don't want to burn anything or short anything.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:19 AM   #17407
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
18 Gauge wire safe to attach to car battery through a 30 amp fuse to a relay? Or should I use a 1/0 Gauge wire just for the battery connection to relay while using the 18 Gauge only for the fan + switch connection to relay? Just don't want to burn anything or short anything.
I would use atleast a 10. That 18 will melt.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #17408
red_s14zenki
Leaky Injector

red_s14zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have any tips or a how-to on changing a t25 oil drain line gasket?
red_s14zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #17409
_rods13

_rods13 is an unknown quantity at this point
MAF's for ka24e

Can anyone tell me what MAF's are compatible with the ka24e? if any. I've searched but it all seems to be for the dohc idk if it'll be the same or not
_rods13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #17410
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
sr20 AC question...

If I use a koyo rad... can I still use my stock KA condensor fan with SR20 fan shroud and oem sr fan?

Will a s13 SR fan shroud work on a s14 koyo rad?
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #17411
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Anyone have any idea how much the stock front 4 lug hubs weigh?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 AM   #17412
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
I would use atleast a 10. That 18 will melt.
smh...grumbling bullshit...

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...nd-ac-cir.html

18 is fine when you do it right. 14 is better. 10? Maybe if you are using it for rear mounted battery and a thump box, but for a FAN CONTROLLER as SHOWN in the link *hint hint* smaller gauge wire is fine, and the above listed kit WORKS
Old 11-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #17413
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Will missing 3 of the studs/nuts that connect the turbo elbow to the turbo exhaust housing cause me to run rich while driving, but normal afs's at idle? Ordered new ones to fix this anyway but i'm worried this isn't causing my running rich issue. And it drives normal (no vacuum/ boost leak symptoms) until i try to go wot and hit over 12psi. Then it breaks up like spark blowout but i'm thinking its not; its just rich as hell. Thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #17414
dirtychubbs

dirtychubbs is an unknown quantity at this point
can i put popup headlights on a silvia rad support? i crashed this weekend and my support got messed up and i found a guy selling a silvia rad support for $60.
dirtychubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #17415
grimm199
Zilvia Junkie

grimm199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Had to replace an axle the other day and when I pulled out the left input shaft, it looked like its been getting chewed up. What would cause this? After we replaced it and on my way home, I can hear a high pitched whine from my rear end, and once I go above 47 mph there is a loud rattle coming from back there. Going to jack up the rear end in a day or two to try and check it out. It's an S14 with the VLSD.
Also, is there supposed to be a C clip in the little grove on them? I'm pretty sure there wasn't one when we installed it, and the guy couldn't get it to pop back in with one in it. Other side didn't have one in the grove either.

grimm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #17416
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
What to look for when choosing wireless/remote control switch and which will you recommend for best distance, and reliability.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #17417
jameswouldgo
Leaky Injector

jameswouldgo is an unknown quantity at this point
meow meow meow meow

Last edited by jameswouldgo; 11-05-2014 at 02:46 PM..
jameswouldgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #17418
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Anyone know where I can get a similar ebrake boot like the one in the picture?

The guy custom made it, unfortunately all the pictured are no longer available. Checked a few sites and they don't anything similar, I like the fact that it has creases. Thanks in advanced.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #17419
Nissin19

Nissin19 is an unknown quantity at this point
My ka24de is spewing coolant out of the hose on the thermostat housing elbow when I turn off the car. most of the time it does not leak.
My question is what is the diameter and or proper name for the hose?
Thanks!
DSC02512.jpg
Nissin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #17420
zenki 95
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
zenki 95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Remove your intake manifold and replace hose. My first s14s ka blew because of that piece of shit hose on the first day of summer texas heat.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #17421
zenki 95
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
zenki 95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just take to the auto parts store and make one should be the recirculated hose no?
Old 11-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #17422
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post

18 is fine when you do it right. 14 is better. 10? Maybe if you are using it for rear mounted battery and a thump box, but for a FAN CONTROLLER as SHOWN in the link *hint hint* smaller gauge wire is fine, and the above listed kit WORKS
Yea going to opt for 14 thanks.
Old 11-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #17423
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Anyone know where I can get a similar ebrake boot like the one in the picture?

The guy custom made it, unfortunately all the pictured are no longer available. Checked a few sites and they don't anything similar, I like the fact that it has creases. Thanks in advanced.

HU 'Josh ExclusiveInterior' on Facebook. He makes custom boots with BRIDE or other cloth and ships. He used to be on these forums as(may still be) 'Gentlemen Drift'
Old 11-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #17424
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post

Bs? Just posting what I use. My 12 gauge melted with a 30 a. But the battery was in the rear with no thump box.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #17425
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415140439.754035.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1415140456.136419.jpg so I just picked this rear lip up today however I've been searching and searching to see who makes it. Im honestly at a loss right now. Anyone have any idea as to who makes it? No markings whatsoever on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #17426
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
so I just picked this rear lip up today however I've been searching and searching to see who makes it. Im honestly at a loss right now. Anyone have any idea as to who makes it? No markings whatsoever on it
the companies name is xenon, its part of a full body kit. xenon also makes a lip that all the s13 chuki guys go nuts for.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #17427
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the companies name is xenon, its part of a full body kit. xenon also makes a lip that all the s13 chuki guys go nuts for.

I'll take your word. All the pics I saw for the xenon one looked slightly different so that's why I was wondering

Old 11-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #17428
_rods13

_rods13 is an unknown quantity at this point
so is there no other MAF's that are compatible with the ka24e?
_rods13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #17429
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev71893 View Post
I'll take your word. All the pics I saw for the xenon one looked slightly different so that's why I was wondering

is it polyurethane or is it fiberglass? if its polyurethane, its xenon... if its fiberglass its a knock off or one of those obscure 90s kit.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #17430
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
is it polyurethane or is it fiberglass? if its polyurethane, its xenon... if its fiberglass its a knock off or one of those obscure 90s kit.

It's polyurethane for sure