Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #17521
stephens14sr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
stephens14sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i shop at target
Old 12-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #17522
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV6 View Post
And fuck, if you can pick up a set of brand new XXR's for $600 or Varrstoens for like $900 (that YOU like), then why dish out $3K instead for volks etc.??
It's because some people hold themselves to a different (higher) standard. Been said before, nothing new.

Quote:
but why hate on people that dont...
Because if you look back through this thread, 99% of XXR owners can't grasp the concept of having nice fitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Modding cars isn't a race.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:01 AM   #17523
jasoncanseeoh
Zilvia Member

jasoncanseeoh is an unknown quantity at this point
blackv6 is my hero.
jasoncanseeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #17524
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
After my four-hundred something posts and 2 years on this forum, I've recently come to the realization to accept !zar! for who he is and what he does. I mean he has what? 12,000 posts or something like that. Clearly a few posts from other members aren't gonna change the fact that he criticizes everybody. Without him and a few other members zilvia just wouldn't be zilvia. <3 !zar! and those few others even if you/they may post like an inconsiderate ass most of the time lol.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #17525
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
BlackV6 Obviously you don't get it. Spend less time making excuses and more time looking for deals and you'll be surprised at what you find out there.

Racing Hearts? I use those as drift spare beater wheels.

As I said it before, liking and rocking replica / blatant knockoff wheels is no different than having sex with a transvestite. Sure, it might look like the real thing, but in the end, it isn't.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #17526
BlackV6

BlackV6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
BlackV6 Obviously you don't get it. Spend less time making excuses and more time looking for deals and you'll be surprised at what you find out there.

Racing Hearts? I use those as drift spare beater wheels.

As I said it before, liking and rocking replica / blatant knockoff wheels is no different than having sex with a transvestite. Sure, it might look like the real thing, but in the end, it isn't.
Wow. Just wow. I know there are deals out there, and I've gotten deals on good stuff, and I've owned real expensive wheels, but I know that buying brand new wheels that look good regardless of the brand is a-ok by me as well.

This conversation is useless in any case.

You can go ahead and be a complete status/ image/ 'look at me' attention whore.

I'll go back to spending money where I want and building a car how I want-- not giving a flying fuck if I have the approval of tough guy zilvia purists
BlackV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #17527
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
I have and/or currently own multiple sets of the following:

Advan Model 6
Advan Model 7
Advan RCII
ABC Exclusive
Work Bersaglio
Work Equip
Work VS-KF
SSR MKIII
SSR MKII
SSR Long Champ M1
SSR Riversides
SSR Star Sharks
SSR Adrenaline Dish
SSR Type C
Regamaster Evo
Kids Racing
Volk Racing 5/4S
Enkei RPF1
Mazdaspeed MS3
and more.

I've never spent more than $1000 on a set, all of them purchased in the US. Simply because I learned to be patient. Just a point to consider, if you like.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #17528
EhrikETFG
Zilvia Addict

EhrikETFG is an unknown quantity at this point
^ no model 5's? =\
EhrikETFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #17529
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
You bro's out in cali and other import abundant places have it nice. Out here in failorida finding a decent set of wheels is hard enough, much less at a good price. Thankfully the S2K doesnt take super aggressive wheels, im on my 2nd set of Work's (18" meister s1 and 17" vs-kf) and havent spent over 1400 yet

Whoever said that about holdin yourself to a higher standard is absolutely true, with me anyways. Im a brand whore and enjoy nice things. Id rather pay for the real thing. Just IMO
Old 12-08-2011, 05:44 AM   #17530
sldwayz1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldwayz1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
After my four-hundred something posts and 2 years on this forum, I've recently come to the realization to accept !zar! for who he is and what he does. I mean he has what? 12,000 posts or something like that. Clearly a few posts from other members aren't gonna change the fact that he criticizes everybody. Without him and a few other members zilvia just wouldn't be zilvia. <3 !zar! and those few others even if you/they may post like an inconsiderate ass most of the time lol.

!!Woooo bromance??!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #17531
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
.... liking and rocking replica / blatant knockoff wheels is no different than having sex with a transvestite. Sure, it might look like the real thing, but in the end, it isn't.
QFT... shizz nasty!! lol
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #17532
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Instead of having a pissing war you guys should be posting fitment pics.
alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #17533
Arireese
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
Arireese is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AE_Racer View Post
You bro's out in cali and other import abundant places have it nice. Out here in failorida finding a decent set of wheels is hard enough, much less at a good price. Thankfully the S2K doesnt take super aggressive wheels, im on my 2nd set of Work's (18" meister s1 and 17" vs-kf) and havent spent over 1400 yet

Whoever said that about holdin yourself to a higher standard is absolutely true, with me anyways. Im a brand whore and enjoy nice things. Id rather pay for the real thing. Just IMO
This! i started off with mustang wheels, traded for battles, Traded for volks, traded for rpf1, and then traded for blitz 03...havent spent a fucking dime and i have "real" wheels. Well i spent 300 on the mustang wheels, but what is that.
Arireese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #17534
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
C33 Laurel

Ehh the rears are somewhat rolled. Guess I should go back and hammer them as thin as they can get.

Trying to fit some 18x10 +19 Model 5s. Currently they are on 235/40/18s...And I don't want a shit ton of camber.

If you have a fender roller I will be in Okinawa the week after Christmas - I MIGHT have time to do it. Four door fender pulls don't usually come out too well though. Its really hard to get the metal to move right.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #17535
dorifto_demon

dorifto_demon is an unknown quantity at this point

on top of my head..

18x10 -1 vienna frts
18x10 +15 meister s2r with 30mm spacers (effective off -15)
225/40 all ard..

camber was set at -4 and -3 frt and bck respectively..

oh dont bother with the mismatched wheels..
the meisters are my spares..
dorifto_demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:20 AM   #17536
whiterps13
Zilvia Addict

whiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to beholdwhiterps13 is a splendid one to behold
Great page, friends.

Leave it up to Malaysia to save us.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #17537
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Haha

That building has positive camber.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #17538
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arireese View Post
This! i started off with mustang wheels, traded for battles, Traded for volks, traded for rpf1, and then traded for blitz 03...havent spent a fucking dime and i have "real" wheels. Well i spent 300 on the mustang wheels, but what is that.
That's pretty much how I did it. I didn't buy fake wheels and then cry when I had to try to sell them, when the resale value went to shit.

Buying used is pretty much the way to go in the car game. No one said anything about buying NEW wheels. New is not baller when your "new" wheels are cheap as shit and will lose half their value as soon as you mount tires on them.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #17539
BHG

BHG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Modding cars isn't a race.
Are you completely neglecting the fact that there are hipsters who modify cars as well?

20×10.5 (R-Disk) F & 20×11.5 (O-Disk) R
BHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #17540
nisans13turbo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
nisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nicenisans13turbo is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
RIP

17x9 +5
17x8 +3
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #17541
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHG View Post
Are you completely neglecting the fact that there are hipsters who modify cars as well?
If you just want to be internet famous, start a youtube channel.

If you just want attention, run around naked.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #17542
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHG View Post
I've seen worse in this thread.

Wellp.

Nope. This is a fitment thread, not a low rider thread.
yea but 4 out of those 6 cars need to be lowered 2-3 inches to have good fitment. the first white one is ok and the black one is the best out of the bunch. i dont understand how people cant interpret MICRO MILLIMETERS of clearance. not multiple inches.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #17543
chwks13
Leaky Injector

chwks13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm still surprised you Yankees know what a millimeter is...
chwks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #17544
Marcus
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Marcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfectionMarcus is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
BHG shut the fuck up.

run away and dont come back.

heres a car thats mine that i fixed up that belongs to me that i bought that doesnt belong to people i dont know whos nuts im not on.

pre-overfenders
17x10 -2 215/40 star specs
18x10.5 +7 225/40 federals
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #17545
BHG

BHG is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaguy240 View Post
yea but 4 out of those 6 cars need to be lowered 2-3 inches to have good fitment. the first white one is ok and the black one is the best out of the bunch. i dont understand how people cant interpret MICRO MILLIMETERS of clearance. not multiple inches.
I would assume that to be an exaggeration in most instances, but I apologize if I've done anything to irritate the zilvians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuaddict View Post
If you just want to be internet famous, start a youtube channel.

If you just want attention, run around naked.
Erm...?
BHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #17546
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So if somebody buys some Varrstoens and personally really likes them, and they actually look good, they have to refrain from posting because they aren't TE37s? Sure, people hate on fake shit, but if I don't buy work's or ssr's I'm not allowed to be on the forum and post?

It's not about being butt-hurt and not taking criticism either. If you don't like what fake wheels look like, of course that's an opinion you're entitled to. But if you dislike them for no other reason than that they are not 'real', then you seriously have the mentality of a 12 year old.

Like I said, it's not about impressing people-- I mean, in a sense it is (if that's why you choose to do it)-- but ultimately its your car and your stuff. The aim shouldn't be to impress. The aim is to please yourself. Not others.

And please, just go to the wheel section and find some well taken care of work, weds or volks, ccw's-- with good offsets-- for 1200. I have my racing harts for sale ('real' wheels) and no bites at 1200. Most of the ones people want are in the $2000+ range. NLmotoring has brand new xxr's shipped at like 600.

I really don't understand why everybody has such a hard on about doing things one way or not at all.
If you buy fake wheels that LOOK LIKE THE REALS THEY ARE TRYING TO REPLICATE, then you're being cheap. If the real is not in your budget, then save. If you buy Rotas or Varrstoens that don't look like anything from a company that actually spent the money on the R&D (hence the extra cost), then your argument can be validated.

In retrospect, if you spend 4k on works on a car that you spent $500 bux on plus motor swap (soooooo say 2-3kish), you might be a tard. Just sayin.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #17547
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Jesus, where are the mods? Somebody clean this shit up plz...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #17548
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yeah, lets get back to posting sweet rides on xxr 527s.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #17549
Csomme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
Csomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
All the bros that were into the "fitment" shit a year or two ago have moved on.

Either that or they aren't internet queens anymore.

Grow up and deal with it.

18x9 -5 front 215/35/18
18x10 -8 rear 225/40/18
Csomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:35 AM   #17550
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Jesus, where are the mods? Somebody clean this shit up plz...
The kryptonite has stifled my powers for quite some time now. Otherwise, shit would've been on that clorox and brillo pad steez.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote