Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #1741
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
no offense but for an s15 T28 that is kinda slow spoolyou prolbly had an exhaust leak.

On E-85 20psi it had full boost by about 3000-3200 it actully spooled faster than my T25. The torque was definately there with E85, spinning the tires from a 2gear roll from around 3500 on up to about 6000rpm or so.

Also that gt3071 graph is atrocious for 24psi. 250+whp@24psi then get walked by an S14SR with a boost controller.

no way your pulling 17psi@3300rpm with a GT3071.86 unless you have a 2.5+Liter motor. sorry man it dosent add up.
if 24 psi is had by 3700 rpm with a tubular exaust manifold on that dyno, 17 psi is certainly a reality on the factory manifold on the road at 3300 rpm.(64 ar).
this is a 'heartbreak' dyno not a number jet and if you read up on that austrailian site in the link 260 rwkw is all that can be achieved using a 2871r .64 . a new gtr wont even break 300 rwkw in austrailia in shootout mode. say whatever you want about my results/the numbers on the dyno it doesent change the fact that a 3071 .64 t2 spools the same as a 2871r but with way more potential. (top mount, twin scroll etc)

Last edited by inopsey; 10-21-2010 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: spelling
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2010, 12:20 PM   #1742
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Those are pathetic numbers for 24 psi on a 30r.
put in some cams and a dynojet and it will be over 300rwkw or 400 hp
Old 10-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #1743
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
put in some cams and a dynojet and it will be over 300rwkw or 400 hp
What the hell you talking about your 257kw = 344 Whp on a dyno dynamics...

I have 326 /17PSI on a gt2871r.... on a dynodynamicss

there was a guy that made 350whp 15PSI on a gt2871r.... on a dynodynamics

Cody is probably making 360 on 21PSI on a .63 AR GT2871R....

seriously, Your on a dynodynamics... so are we... don't come on here and bs we are tuning on a dynojet.... but nontheless you have 344hp on a 24PSI on a GT3071R? Something is still not right.

please don't be so ignorant
Old 10-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #1744
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
What the hell you talking about your 257kw = 344 Whp on a dyno dynamics...

I have 326 /17PSI on a gt2871r.... on a dynodynamicss

there was a guy that made 350whp 15PSI on a gt2871r.... on a dynodynamics

Cody is probably making 360 on 21PSI on a .63 AR GT2871R....

seriously, Your on a dynodynamics... so are we... don't come on here and bs we are tuning on a dynojet.... but nontheless you have 344hp on a 24PSI on a GT3071R? Something is still not right.

please don't be so ignorant
that is exactly what i was saying, a 2871 is not making 400 whp on a dynodynamics dyno more like 260 rwkw or 360 hp max.

the discussion was/is about the RESPONSE on the 3071/2871 .64 turbos not peak hp # all i wanted to do is show the response of this turbo as being not a 4k lag monster.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #1745
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
no offense but for an s15 T28 that is kinda slow spoolyou prolbly had an exhaust leak.

On E-85 20psi it had full boost by about 3000-3200 it actully spooled faster than my T25. The torque was definately there with E85, spinning the tires from a 2gear roll from around 3500 on up to about 6000rpm or so.
I wish we had E85 here, I'd love to jam a ton of timing into it to spool her even faster hahah. Damn you!

Quote:
no way your pulling 17psi@3300rpm with a GT3071.86 unless you have a 2.5+Liter motor. sorry man it dosent add up.
I doubt he'll post again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
by using 256 tomei poncams, would i be seeing any benefit by running a greddy intake mani and SS ex mani?
ANY tubular manifold isn't going to benefit you, so just keep stock. As far as intake manifolds, I'm always a fan of them...the 'low end torque' the stock manifold generates simply does not outweigh the gains of the top end the manifold it creates. Sure it spools sooner with stock, sure it dies off as well.

I'd personally not run the 256 cams either...get 260 Tomeis/260 S3 JWT's/264 HKS cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
Pump gas with a car with dyning fuel pressure because we were running of gas the last few pulls...

and 91 not to really bring it down total shit gas

cus in Cali we have all kinds of additives on top of the octane already sucking ass...
Lesson: Move out of California.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #1746
Luvs2slide
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (81)
Luvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of lightLuvs2slide is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 81 reviews
Quote:
ANY tubular manifold isn't going to benefit you, so just keep stock. As far as intake manifolds, I'm always a fan of them...the 'low end torque' the stock manifold generates simply does not outweigh the gains of the top end the manifold it creates. Sure it spools sooner with stock, sure it dies off as well.

I'd personally not run the 256 cams either...get 260 Tomeis/260 S3 JWT's/264 HKS cams.
Cody, where did you get your manifold coated and swained? Do you have the url or anything?

Yea, I thought about getting the 260s/S3s, but I got these for like $100 new. I couldnt really pass it up and at the time since they were dop in, didnt want to mess with anything else.

Guess these will have to do for now...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #1747
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Yep, my GT2560R hit 17 psi at ~3400-3500 RPM. No way a 3071R is outspooling that unless you're talking in 5th gear uphill.
yah 5th gear is probably where my boost controller logged that kind of spool since it logs max rpm, boost, best boost curve etc.

17 psi is achieved by 3600 rpm in 4th gear and 21 psi by 3700 rpm as shown by the dyno with a 3071r .64. looks a lot like a 2871 .64 in spool.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:36 PM   #1748
Psycho 240 Freak
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Psycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-knownPsycho 240 Freak is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
I've seen side by side dyno comparisons between Tomei 256 poncams and Tomei 260 procams. The difference between the two was about 1-2 whp. I went with the Tomei 260 procams not knowing this. IMO, it's not worth getting the procams and having to install aftermarket valve springs vs the drop in poncams. Then again, this was all done on a Mustang dyno which reads a lot lower than the dynojets dynos posted up on here.
Psycho 240 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #1749
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
This is a car i resently built. unfortunately the clutch didn't hold with the race gas tune. it did a nice 353whp on 91 Octane and 15PSI. but at 22Psi with Q16 , the clutch tapped out. currently has an Exeddy Supper Single, Upgrading it to a SZ/ Bardabe Performance Flywheel and Max 6-Puck clutch. then strapping her back down.

Update: Flawless Rides S13 Tuning Session is Over |

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #1750
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Cody, where did you get your manifold coated and swained? Do you have the url or anything?
High Performance, High Output Racing - GetHoned (Extrude Hone - Deburring and Surface Finishing is the parent site)
Swain Tech Coatings for engine piston coatings, race engine coatings, ceramic header coating, carbide metal coatings, thermal spray plasma coating, metalizing closures, spray welding

Quote:
Yea, I thought about getting the 260s/S3s, but I got these for like $100 new. I couldnt really pass it up and at the time since they were dop in, didnt want to mess with anything else.
Hhaha for 100 dollars you definatly can't go wrong! Nice buy!

Quote:
17 psi is achieved by 3600 rpm in 4th gear and 21 psi by 3700 rpm as shown by the dyno with a 3071r .64. looks a lot like a 2871 .64 in spool.
Are you on factory timing? Or do you have some in there?

Lets also not forget that a dynojet (persay my example) is a non load bearing dyno...it will always spool later than it does with load (persay like a dyno dynamics).

Again if your setup was the norm, there is ZERO reason why I would stay with my setup, especially if I could stand to gain some more top end...

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 10-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #1751
bikrman2
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
bikrman2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bikrman2
holy hell extrude honing has gotten expensive! BTW this thread has a lot of usefull info as I just aquired a 2871r with both .64 an .82 turbine housings.
bikrman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #1752
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
Yes i found this thread quite useful. didnt realize you were over here aswell^^ good feed back to.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:14 AM   #1753
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
that is exactly what i was saying, a 2871 is not making 400 whp on a dynodynamics dyno more like 260 rwkw or 360 hp max.

the discussion was/is about the RESPONSE on the 3071/2871 .64 turbos not peak hp # all i wanted to do is show the response of this turbo as being not a 4k lag monster.
Best we did on my DD on 91 octane in the past was arund 345 WHP ish at 18-21 PSI, one of the cars did 22.5 PSI and managed 385 WHP...yes that's right...with water Meth added...all stock bottm ends

I am fully confident with my new winning streak and the recent EFI advanced research I have been doing we can eclipse the 400 WHP mark on my dyno...yes probably with 100 octane but then you would literallly be looking at the fastest 2871R car in the better part f the world, especially if you factor stock bottom end....For a while i was starting to think, even thugh the compressor maps don't lie for this turbo, that most of the sub 400 or even over 400 DJ dynos were either staged, corrected etc...

Now that I have reaffirmed that it is / was indeed the quality of the work done to install the parts / mds before the dyno I am confident we can really break some records with this thing...
Old 10-23-2010, 01:16 AM   #1754
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikrman2 View Post
holy hell extrude honing has gotten expensive! BTW this thread has a lot of usefull info as I just aquired a 2871r with both .64 an .82 turbine housings.

Yes everything of any quality has gotten more expensive

These are the little finishing touches that when paired with a smaller turbo option make the car much faster in the end than an overly laggy SR with a big peak number at the tp
Old 10-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #1755
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Best we did on my DD on 91 octane in the past was arund 345 WHP ish at 18-21 PSI, one of the cars did 22.5 PSI and managed 385 WHP...yes that's right...with water Meth added...all stock bottm ends
Ahhhh, so you did use Meth. No wonder why you were running so much boost on 91 and making power. You're sneaky! What's it make on pump, no meth. The rest is insignificant because it's the fuel doing the work. Still nice numbers regardless.

I just wanna see some trap speeds out of this thing, or for you to throw it on a dyno jet. For true comparison sake, as if anything we've learned, we dont' see much difference between the local Mustang Dyno and our Dyno...I just wish the Dynamics wasn't hours away I'd go up there for a pull to compare. I don't like this 'well it reads XX% lower, as we all know that's unfair to everything. Trap speed is the true equalizer

Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #1756
jbballa9876
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jbballa9876 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
This is a random hypothetical question but does anyone think an s15 turbo would be a decent low hp option for an rb25?
jbballa9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #1757
S13 curtis
Zilvia Addict

S13 curtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbballa9876 View Post
This is a random hypothetical question but does anyone think an s15 turbo would be a decent low hp option for an rb25?
if you were to do that you would need to purchase the T3 turbine housing .48 for it thru ATP Turbo's website, not worth it to me.
S13 curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:16 AM   #1758
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
for RB25 Cheap power, = Holset.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:00 AM   #1759
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Are you on factory timing? Or do you have some in there?

Lets also not forget that a dynojet (persay my example) is a non load bearing dyno...it will always spool later than it does with load (persay like a dyno dynamics).

Again if your setup was the norm, there is ZERO reason why I would stay with my setup, especially if I could stand to gain some more top end...
this is a very basic setup stock manifolds, stock cams, stock block, 740cc injectors, gt3071r .64 and a fully programable ecu. the headgasket is also stock.
yah there is a lot of timing on my map in the light load/low boost settings but no knock(single digits on pfc commander)
Old 10-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #1760
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
see i havent dyno'd my car yet so im not sure what the #s are...but at the track i cant grab traction to get down the track.
i do a great burnout and use a launch controller. my 60fts are good but then its all wheel spin in first gear. then i play catch up...sucks

2871rs .64 at 19psi with all supporting mods. so i cant be over 350whp but i bet there some serious torque going on.
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #1761
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
this is a very basic setup stock manifolds, stock cams, stock block, 740cc injectors, gt3071r .64 and a fully programable ecu. the headgasket is also stock.
yah there is a lot of timing on my map in the light load/low boost settings but no knock(single digits on pfc commander)
no offense, but I still don't believe the numbers. you are the only person in the past 5-6 yeras of doing this. Again, something is either a miss/wrong/ or off.

Or you're simply loading the shit outa the car down low to spool it (as the HP is way off for everything else). There is now ay you can introduce enough timing to make it spool that soon on stock cast pucks and headgasket.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:43 PM   #1762
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ahhhh, so you did use Meth. No wonder why you were running so much boost on 91 and making power. You're sneaky! What's it make on pump, no meth. The rest is insignificant because it's the fuel doing the work. Still nice numbers regardless.

I just wanna see some trap speeds out of this thing, or for you to throw it on a dyno jet. For true comparison sake, as if anything we've learned, we dont' see much difference between the local Mustang Dyno and our Dyno...I just wish the Dynamics wasn't hours away I'd go up there for a pull to compare. I don't like this 'well it reads XX% lower, as we all know that's unfair to everything. Trap speed is the true equalizer

No the car posted above that hit 350 on 14 PSI was NOT on meth...

The car that used METH was a totally different car....

Nice try Cody
Old 10-25-2010, 03:07 PM   #1763
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
No the car posted above that hit 350 on 14 PSI was NOT on meth...

The car that used METH was a totally different car....

Nice try Cody
I just wanna street race these cars and beat em down...and getting antsy hahah just teasing! Still, you're in the land of dynos, get one over on a dynojet. It's not going to be friendly to your turbo car much like you think they are.

I will say this though, meth is a wonderful thing to keep temps down. I don't use it for HP, just for the track/safety...man oh man does it work.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1764
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
no offense, but I still don't believe the numbers. you are the only person in the past 5-6 yeras of doing this. Again, something is either a miss/wrong/ or off.

Or you're simply loading the shit outa the car down low to spool it (as the HP is way off for everything else). There is now ay you can introduce enough timing to make it spool that soon on stock cast pucks and headgasket.
i dunno what to tell you other than the t2 3071r .64 turbo, i have only seen on 3 other 240s'. this is not a common setup as far as i know; probably because it gets a bad rep as being a laggy 30r(t2 vs t3, bottom mount etc) and the weath of info available on the 2871 .64.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 PM   #1765
m2mike
Zilvia Member

m2mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to m2mike
My HKS GT-RS set up with just cam is almost done. I am excited.
Will keep you guys posted!

m2mikee.wordpress.com
m2mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #1766
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Bring it to the dyno Mike!

Unless you want to go to the dyno twice! Seems like most of the cars I tune lately were "tuned" by another shop cough like gdim, or cough someone else and then still needed a re-tune....even after all that...why pay for a tune twice?

As long as the install is tits and the parts are good quality should be solid...

Is that HKS GTRS?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #1767
m2mike
Zilvia Member

=T My car is at g-dimension right now. all work is being done by them.
is that an issue?

James has been nothing but extremely helpful.

m2mikee.wordpress.com

Last edited by m2mike; 10-28-2010 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #1768
steve shadows
Post Whore!

I don't think so I just have had a lot of their cars in my shop for re-tuning lately

IMO you go to an install build shop for install build and you go to a EMS specific specialist for dyno work...

Some shops do it all but I havent seen any do it all properly since XS hayday...

I'm sure he does good work though...
Old 10-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #1769
m2mike
Zilvia Member

we will see after i get the car back. I am super excited!

m2mikee.wordpress.com
Old 10-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #1770
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Steve, my original tune on my PFC was from G Dimension actually... Feels nice after you fixed it....