Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #151
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by handinpants View Post
oh and for everyone in the future, when you get into an accident, and its the other guy's fault, call the police, say you ARE injured, that way they have to take a police report. they will send an ambulance but you do not have to get into the damn ambulance, secondly get a slip and fall lawyer, it pays off

DO THIS unless you will just get screwed just like I did
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #152
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
i have all my reciepts it adds to almost 8k so does that mean i will be getting about that amount back if i get into a accident?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #153
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
When it comes to ethics regarding insurance, people seem to throw it out the window.
lol...so true...

im happy i got enough to fix my car, got my weeks worth of missed work payed due to injury...im happy...

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #154
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Bumping old thread cause i had a situation. So can you really say "i'm injured, bring the cops" for a police report? Wont they see that you're not and harass you?
Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #155
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Zar!- The only reason I get pissed is because in both my cases my cars were totaled. Insurance would not cover enought for me to get back to where I was before the accident. In every case it has cost ME money for other people mistakes. My rates are also higher due to two accidents where people ran red lights and hit me. That is just me though

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post
i have all my reciepts it adds to almost 8k so does that mean i will be getting about that amount back if i get into a accident?
Most likely NO. My insurance took aroud 4000 worth or reciepts and it only added another 1000 to the value of my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Bumping old thread cause i had a situation. So can you really say "i'm injured, bring the cops" for a police report? Wont they see that you're not and harass you?
MAybe if you decide to go in the ambulance? I would def do what ever it takes to get a police report if there is no one admitting fault.

p.s. I spell like a dick head
Old 09-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #156
theboy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
theboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
police report makes your case that much easier to win, and whether your injured or not, paramedics will call it shock trama. aka it scared you now everything seems like it hurts. So your going to win and they cant call it false
theboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #157
GenPac
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
GenPac is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Unfortunate I wasn't around to see all the deleted entries from Gtstwincam, but very useful information in this thread. Resurrection!
GenPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #158
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Bumping this thread again maybe someone can answer my question...

When repaying your insurance company for the medical bills they paid for before you settled with the other persons insurance company, do they usually send a bill for the whole sum at once or do they reaquire the amount though payments?

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #159
racebread240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
racebread240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Added story for the group

3/18/14 on my way to work in my VH swapped 240, going speed limit, lights on. Lady in a crv pulls out in front of me, and totals my car. Police and ambulance show up. I end up with multiple scrapes, bruises, strains and sprains. I turned down the ride. My wife took me straight to the er. Spent 7 hrs with X-rays, ct scans and blood work. Medical stuff I'll probably let the lawyer handle. Car stuff I'm all over.

Statefarm is co for both drivers. They offered me $3k for my total lose. I told them that wouldn't cut it. I am a Mercedes tech and did my own work so no receipts for labor. I did all the leg work to make a spread sheet with parts and receipts for the things that I paid cash for. Totaling over $19k. Many of the parts I traded labor for, so again no receipts. They sent an outside appraisal service. 2hrs away from work, tons of pics, links to build threads and they come up with $6900 cash value days later. I again turned this down. Now have to wait for my appraiser next Monday. Now understand I don't expect $19k for my old 240, but I do expect to come out with something closer to my cars value.

Here's a before and after for ya.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396991014.935794.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396991036.303490.jpg
racebread240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #160
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Ugh that's so sad. I would take that 6.9 and just swap everything over. That's a pretty good deal.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:51 PM   #161
racebread240sx
Zilvia Member

Drivetrain was pushed back 3". I'm a bit skeptical on it being good still. Not to mention driveshaft, headers etc
Old 04-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #162
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Do you have all solid mounts? I've gotten into accidents and ripped the rubber bushings for the motor and tranny.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #163
racebread240sx
Zilvia Member

Rubber mounts
Old 04-08-2014, 06:06 PM   #164
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
They're not going to give you anywhere close to $19k. 6.9 isn't bad, but since they're obliging, you could probably squeeze a bit more.

Tell me what all you have in parts to make that car worth $19k?
MSRP on parts? Labor?
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #165
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
$19K in parts? Did you add up gas and oil change too?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:38 PM   #166
90S13hatch_tony
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (24)
90S13hatch_tony is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Subscribed!!!
90S13hatch_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #167
racebread240sx
Zilvia Member

Insurance claims S13 $5500

Parts and labor for the complete car. Adds up quickly. Please read the entire post before commenting also. I'm not expecting anywhere near that.

Dealership cost for Infinity to remove/overhaul/reinstall a vh45 in a 94 q45 is 5200.00 in parts and labor (38.2 hrs per all data).
Old 04-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #168
babowc
Post Whore!

babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
lol.. you expect something closer to your "car's value" as determined by yourself.
Seriously, consider your labor a loss. Just because you're a Mercedes tech does not mean you can bill the hours you put into the car.
I will guesstimate that once the labor is factored out, your car's value will drop significantly.
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #169
racebread240sx
Zilvia Member

Look this isn't a pissing contest of what you think my car is worth vs what I think. I simply added up the cost to recreate my car exactly. I did all of this in the attempt to get as close to that value as possible. I totally understand that this is going to end in me loosing money/time. Just sharing my experience
Old 04-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #170
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by racebread240sx View Post
Parts and labor for the complete car. Adds up quickly. Please read the entire post before commenting also. I'm not expecting anywhere near that.

Dealership cost for Infinity to remove/overhaul/reinstall a vh45 in a 94 q45 is 5200.00 in parts and labor (38.2 hrs per all data).
Who gives a fuck what the dealership charges...you really think anybody other than you cares about what the stealership charges?

You know what, I'll bite...please enlighten us on how much YOU think your insurance owes you on this almost 25 yr old chassis.

Mind you, I went thru this shit with my S14 a year ago. I had $3200 worth of damage according to my insurance adjuster but lucked out she didn't total my car since she hooked me up with the appraisal.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #171
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

I'm not in here to troll on this dude, but seriously total up the total of your parts. Labor is not something you can factor in, given you don't have any receipts for the parts. 6.9k for a car that's almost 20 years old is pretty good.

I got $4200 for mine, and all it had was bolt ons.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #172
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Lots of sketchy people around here. Claiming to be injured if you aren't is not only a dick move its also fraud. As a result we all pay more for insurance. Not to mention your uninjured ass just pulled an ambulance away from someone who actually needs it. Fast response times really do save lives and 30sec can be the difference between life and death. So do everybody a favor, don't be a douchebag.

Now for the non-soapbox part.

Who do you guys have your insurance with? Most of the companies I talked to told me I needed modified/collector car insurance if I wanted to get coverage for anything over the value of a stock s13.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #173
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Star View Post
Lots of sketchy people around here. Claiming to be injured if you aren't is not only a dick move its also fraud. As a result we all pay more for insurance. Not to mention your uninjured ass just pulled an ambulance away from someone who actually needs it. Fast response times really do save lives and 30sec can be the difference between life and death. So do everybody a favor, don't be a douchebag.

Now for the non-soapbox part.

Who do you guys have your insurance with? Most of the companies I talked to told me I needed modified/collector car insurance if I wanted to get coverage for anything over the value of a stock s13.

State Farm. If my 240 gets stolen/totaled i'll have an $8,000 check waiting for me. All you need to do is communicate what you have in your car, and what you want your coverage over it to be. I put together an appraisal package myself and that was all they needed. Of course I pay more than I would if I had not made that communication, but that's part of having additional coverage.

I do think I will switch to haggerty insurance soon though, simply because i don't daily the 240 anymore, so I could pay a lot less than for the same coverage with them.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:13 PM   #174
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I'm not in here to troll on this dude, but seriously total up the total of your parts. Labor is not something you can factor in, given you don't have any receipts for the parts. 6.9k for a car that's almost 20 years old is pretty good.

I got $4200 for mine, and all it had was bolt ons.
+1 I ended up getting $5,100 for my S14 in total from insurance and i still kept it ^_^

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #175
babowc
Post Whore!

I agree on the ambulance part, but claiming injury is never a douchebag move. Look at the statistics for injury after a wreck. The person would feel the effects days later. It's why we pay for insurance, so stop being a baby about people using what they're paying for.

Everyone has med pay, cash in on that. Save the ambulance for something serious. Have the officer write up a report, unless it's in a parking lot, they will write a report if you state even the slightest neck pain.

People using what they're paying for is not a douchebag move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #176
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by babowc View Post
I agree on the ambulance part, but claiming injury is never a douchebag move. Look at the statistics for injury after a wreck. The person would feel the effects days later. It's why we pay for insurance, so stop being a baby about people using what they're paying for.

Everyone has med pay, cash in on that. Save the ambulance for something serious. Have the officer write up a report, unless it's in a parking lot, they will write a report if you state even the slightest neck pain.

People using what they're paying for is not a douchebag move.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
If you are legitimately injured you should fight for every penny. I have absolutely no problem with that, it's the reason you have personal injury coverage. If you're not injured you shouldn't claim to be. Theres this thing called being a decent person and its a pretty basic concept, you know, to not lie out your ass for your own personal gain. As long as you have a report you can still claim an injury a few days later if you start to feel it. One of my best friends is an attorney and deals with this kind of thing all the time so I have heard quite a bit about these situations from him.

I have never been in an accident where the police have NOT written a report. If you ask them to they will, no fake injuries necessary. Even when a deer ran into my car (it actually ran into the side of the car, I didn't hit it) I called the police and they were happy to write up a report so I could file a claim.

Dont be a money grabbing piece of shit. We all end up paying for it.

By the way, all of you posting this fake injury shit better hope the next time you get hit the insurance company's attorneys don't find these posts. Lawyers do look for this type of shit. If they do see it you're going to have a real hard time filing an injury claim or any claim for that matter. They tend to frown upon insurance fraud.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #177
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

^^^Kicker is, every state/city is now different. Out there in GA, cops are probably still obligated to show up on site and do a police report. In CA, that's not the case. You have to go to the police station to do a police report for non-injury car accidents.

CLICK HERE!!!