Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #151
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Wow, model 5's look AWESOME on there! Good pick up
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #152
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
that's cool while a burn at the same time. just got the other wheels refinished and then find another set of dream wheels to jump on. Congrats on the find!
Na it's cool. I am planning on keeping the Volks actually. GT-U are pretty hard to find in that size. Now I just need a set of TE's to complete my life...lol. One day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8bar10der View Post
Congrats to the Advan's. Extremely jealous! The only thing, exterior wise, it needs is the OEM Spec-R aero bumper!
Find me one and I will buy it!!! Another extremely hard to find part. I have been looking but none to be found.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #153
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Man, Model Vs look sooooo cool on there! I'm jealous man!

Wish we were going to IA again... maybe I will make it down again next year dude.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:55 AM   #154
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Man congrats on the Advan's! I'm super envious of your new purchase...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #155
TWest
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TWest is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Always loved S15's...maybe one day
TWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #156
Driftwurks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Driftwurks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Congratulations on the new wheels! They look great on the car with your brake setup.
Driftwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #157
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

Mr. white is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mr. white
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
I have been wondering what this sticker reads ever since I bought my car. Can someone translate?

First box on left says what kind of oil is being used, second box on left tells when the oil was last changed (6/10), third box on left tells when you need to change it again (12/10). The next two boxes on the right are the same thing but for the oil element which I think is the filter. The last box, I think is where it was changed.

Awesome Build man!
Mr. white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #158
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

So this weekened was Import Alliance summer meet at the ZMAX dragway in Charlotte, NC. Overall, I had a great time but it just didn't have the same feeling when it was held in Nashville. Attendance seemed a lot less than when it was held in Nashville. Although the meet was much more organized and not so spread out. When it was held in Nashville, it is almost impossible to see all the cars because it was so spread out. Another thing I liked about Charlotte was the area under the bleachers. This is where all the vendors set up and where a lot of the nicer cars parked. I pretty much hung out under the bleachers the whole time since it was so hot outside.

So I was just hanging out after I got my car parked and cleaned up and just watching cars roll in when I saw a white S15 roll by. I almost shit myself because usually you don’t ever see any other S15’s at meets or shows. I immediately recognized the car as VAs13’s old car. It was on some horrid looking Work Emitz wheels. I have seen this car all over the internet so it was pretty cool seeing it in person. I was more interested in meeting the owner and making friends with him since there aren’t many S15 owners out there. After talking to him for 20 minutes, I walked away because he was a complete douche. To have such a rare and nice car but be an ass about it is such a shame.

Then later in the day one of my friend told me he was waiting in line next to a grey S15. I was again very surprised to hear of another S15 at the show. I had seen pictures of a grey S15 from the IA spring meet and turns out it was the same one. This one was a sr20det swapped spec s but it had a lot of things my car didn’t have like HID headlights with the adjusters and even autech seats which I thought only came in the autech version or an option for spec r. He had the matching door panels so it looked like it came factory that way but not sure. It had 18 inch SSR SP1 in the spectrum silver finish which are gorgeous wheels.

But anyways, I found the owner and talked to him for quite a while. Fortunately the owner was super nice so we exchanged contact info so we could keep in touch.

I am very lucky to be friends with Downstar Inc/Bolt Boys so I got to roll in early with them and not wait in line. I also go prime parking right down vendor row. I got a lot of positive feedback on the wheels and the car as a whole. Pretty much every person I talked to asked me if my car was a real S15. People must think it’s really easy to convert a S14 to an S15.

I took this picture on the way home to Atlanta.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #159
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post
So I was just hanging out after I got my car parked and cleaned up and just watching cars roll in when I saw a white S15 roll by. I almost shit myself because usually you don’t ever see any other S15’s at meets or shows. I immediately recognized the car as VAs13’s old car. It was on some horrid looking Work Emitz wheels. I have seen this car all over the internet so it was pretty cool seeing it in person. I was more interested in meeting the owner and making friends with him since there aren’t many S15 owners out there. After talking to him for 20 minutes, I walked away because he was a complete douche. To have such a rare and nice car but be an ass about it is such a shame.
making friends with car-people is a big pain in the ass

most of the time, i find out that these people are more concerned about the scene than they are about meeting people, making connections and keeping it a community. people that were around the 240 community back in the day understand this, as nowadays its a total clusterfuck of guys with illest stickers and wheels that fit like my cock up paris hiltons ass

as for the calipers, i find it odd that they are using a npt fitting to seal... not as durable as a compression fitting. i would not recommend removing those fittings too often, they could end up damaging the thread (over time). in addition, most stainless lines are not DOT compliant... from what i read they dont pass the whip test. i noticed my stoptech calipers came with DOT compliant lines - the main difference is that they have a plastic strain relief piece at the end, though i dont think that does shit. i have a vendor i work with that specializes in hydraulics and they told me its all bullshit. hmmm... ide be curious to see any technical documents in regards to the dot whip test compliance. anyone?
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #160
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i saw a white s15 as i scrolled down and immediately knew it was mine, my old car looks terrible.

yours on the other hand i love.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #161
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Love the Model 5's. The car looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
people are more concerned about the scene than they are about meeting people, making connections and keeping it a community. people that were around the 240 community back in the day understand this
I am pretty young and have not been in the scene all that long, but have had an opportunity, as of late, to meet some of the original members, and this has become quite apparent to me.

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #162
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

I forgot to post this picture. I thought it was a pretty cool shot. I just adjusted the shutter speed and held the camera out the window.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #163
alixander2012
BANNED

alixander2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice build.
alixander2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #164
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
It sucks when people have dope ass cars and out complete douches about it

But our car, i love
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #165
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I can't believe VAs13's old ride now looks like a bag of dicks. And I guess the owner's attitude matches those terrible looking rims. At least the other Spec S owner is a nice guy...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #166
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Dude needs to sell that thing to me. I have some 03s sitting in cali that would love to make that car feel warm and fuzzy inside again, LOL.

This is the first info I have seen about IA- thanks for posting, Kev. Hopefully Kyle, Jason, and I will be back next year. Maybe we can all crash together and bro out etc. No homo.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #167
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
It sucks when people have dope ass cars and out complete douches about it
i think this is almost always the case... at least thats what i believe

the more i deal with car people, the more i fucking hate them. i get calls all the time from people who want to tell me their mods, as if that makes me care about their car more. if these people would talk about normal shit, i probably wouldnt hate them so much. but instead, they chose to re-enact the scene from Anchorman where Will Ferrell says "I'm kind of a big deal" .. as if we should all care that you drive an <s15> <mclaren f1> <rocketship>

i like this thread and this car because the owner is actually putting effort to build a nice, fun car.

god i hate people
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #168
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
i think this is almost always the case... at least thats what i believe

the more i deal with car people, the more i fucking hate them. i get calls all the time from people who want to tell me their mods, as if that makes me care about their car more. if these people would talk about normal shit, i probably wouldnt hate them so much. but instead, they chose to re-enact the scene from Anchorman where Will Ferrell says "I'm kind of a big deal" .. as if we should all care that you drive an <s15> <mclaren f1> <rocketship>

i like this thread and this car because the owner is actually putting effort to build a nice, fun car.

god i hate people
do you hate me??
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #169
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Only pic i took of your car there:

xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #170
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Dude needs to sell that thing to me. I have some 03s sitting in cali that would love to make that car feel warm and fuzzy inside again, LOL.
Actually the S15 already has some shitty old non period correct wheels on it, it doesn't need a second set.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #171
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
I <3 model 5's! they look great grey on grey!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #172
cnile51
Zilvia Member

cnile51 can only hope to improve
This is a great thread. Your car is coming out awesome. I know the guy Mike with the white S15, he usually is a genuinely nice guy, maybe he was having a bad day? Either way, t sucks that you had a shitty experience talking to another S15 owner.

My wife's build isn't done yet, but this thread has me anxious. Enjoy:

I'll have a mod list and build thread when she's finished.
cnile51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #173
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnile51 View Post
I know the guy Mike with the white S15, he usually is a genuinely nice guy, maybe he was having a bad day?
haha and he genuinely has bad taste in wheels :-)

bad day, tell him what i tell my wife. if you're on the rag and not feeling well, stay home. dont go to a car meet.

fuck, how hard is it being cheerful at a car meet. its not like you do anything, you sit around and people ask you endless questions about your car.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #174
cnile51
Zilvia Member

cnile51 can only hope to improve
I'm not defending his actions. I AGREE with you on your remarks. I'm just stating that in the times that I have talked to him my experience has been different. That's all.

It could also be the fact that maybe he approached me first so the roles were reveresed.

Either way.
cnile51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #175
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Great build!

I say I would never sell my kouki but damn if it were to get a gray s15 that would be a tough one
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #176
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
^This guy neoclowcado needs to get the f**k outta here with this shit
blockedwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #177
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
I try talking with people at shows, but its just pointless. Nowdays everyones ego at shows is based off their forum popularity it seems like. Its stupid, no-one knows who you are, and I'm sure as fuck not going around indroducing myself as MadScientist or Mr. Rare Trick. 90% of the people I have talked to will blatenly lie about the parts they have also, while standing in front of their car!!

But anyway Lu, I am glad you got this beautiful machine, and I actually hope to meet you some day.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #178
EDT007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
EDT007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I've been trying to find the guy..LOL. I rarely go to meets and when I do I've yet to see this car. I was originally going to try and purchse this car. I couldn't sell my car in time. Sucks that it ended up looking like that. Hopefully at some point I run into the guy and can make him an offer. Bring the car back to it's somewhat former glory..
EDT007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #179
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnile51 View Post
This is a great thread. Your car is coming out awesome. I know the guy Mike with the white S15, he usually is a genuinely nice guy, maybe he was having a bad day? Either way, t sucks that you had a shitty experience talking to another S15 owner.

My wife's build isn't done yet, but this thread has me anxious. Enjoy:

I'll have a mod list and build thread when she's finished.
Yea I know he was talking about the shitty drive down to NC so maybe that's why he was in a bad mood? I don't know. He just came off really cocky.

That's awesome to see another S15 in the states. I can't wait to see it done. Man I wish I had a wife with an S15...lol.

Quote:
haha and he genuinely has bad taste in wheels :-)

bad day, tell him what i tell my wife. if you're on the rag and not feeling well, stay home. dont go to a car meet.

fuck, how hard is it being cheerful at a car meet. its not like you do anything, you sit around and people ask you endless questions about your car.
TRUTH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Great build!

I say I would never sell my kouki but damn if it were to get a gray s15 that would be a tough one
I said the same thing about my kouki but when you have your dream car in front of you, it is very hard to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
I try talking with people at shows, but its just pointless. Nowdays everyones ego at shows is based off their forum popularity it seems like. Its stupid, no-one knows who you are, and I'm sure as fuck not going around indroducing myself as MadScientist or Mr. Rare Trick. 90% of the people I have talked to will blatenly lie about the parts they have also, while standing in front of their car!!

But anyway Lu, I am glad you got this beautiful machine, and I actually hope to meet you some day.
Thank you and likewise. I wish to come over to your house to see all the rare shit you have stashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
I've been trying to find the guy..LOL. I rarely go to meets and when I do I've yet to see this car. I was originally going to try and purchse this car. I couldn't sell my car in time. Sucks that it ended up looking like that. Hopefully at some point I run into the guy and can make him an offer. Bring the car back to it's somewhat former glory..
He said he wouldn't sell it less than 30k which I think is outrageous considering I know what he paid for the car.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #180
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Beautiful shot in the IA summer 2012 coverage on stickydijoe.com!!! Check it out!!!