Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #151
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
I hella rawk a KA. But Joe is my new ZilviaSecretLover, so he gets to put his stickers on my car! w00t
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #152
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Evan is just scratching my back because I scratched his.

$pending dead pre$ident$ J@CK@TT@CK!
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #153
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xblack240x
Hehe, whats wrong with KA's I know I love mine *wink*
Old 06-05-2007, 09:12 PM   #154
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Quote:
Originally Posted by tknbkthrsdy4anfg View Post
Evan is just scratching my back because I scratched his.
Thats' not all he scratched.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #155
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

tknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfectiontknbkthrsdy4anfg is close to perfection
:ghey:
msglngth

Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #156
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

xblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the roughxblack240x is a jewel in the rough

msglnth
Old 06-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #157
bullitt4110
Leaky Injector

bullitt4110 is on a distinguished road
Looks good joe, this NEEDS to work becuase my single cam motor sucks. When are you putting the motor in? Let me know, I'll come over and help (i.e. watch).
Old 06-06-2007, 06:03 PM   #158
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Lol, when that clutch comes in

Old 06-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #159
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
Thats' not all he scratched.
WTF bitch. You're cheating on me?!
Old 06-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #160
bullitt4110
Leaky Injector

bullitt4110 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol, when that clutch comes in
Oh it may be awhile, lol. I am still waiting on the one for my Z06 that was I told would be here 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:54 PM   #161
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Day 13
June 13, 2007

Well its been a while since I last updated, I was waiting on some parts. Got the HKS Hi-Power exhaust in a while ago. Man, this thing is HUGE! It looks like diesel truck exhaust, and that shiny muffler is going to be police bait for sure, so I ordered a muffler silencer to put in it.

Also, today the Greddy oil pan came in, dang this thing is beefy! Here are the two trap doors, they are different sizes because on side of the oil pan is higher then the other, because the SR engine sits in the engine bay at an angle. These trap doors help to keep the oil from sloshing around and keep it in the center, around the all important pickup.

Since the pan came unassembled the first thing I had to was secure the trap doors to the pan. I used this locktite, it says its oil tolerant, probably overkill since there is also lock washers, but i don’t want those little screws coming loose.

I tightened them down good and snug with a phillips screw driver, I dont know if they had torque values, I cant read Japanese.

Next, I used some liquid teflon tape to seal up the plug for the oil temperature sensor hole since I don’t have one yet.

Then I threaded it in until it was about flush with the outside of the oil pan.

Next, I finally cracked open the tube of OEM liquid gasket that came with the gasket kit from Nissan.

And added a ring to the oil pan, making sure it was thick enough all the way around.

Then I let it sit for about two and a half minutes and then put it on the engine.

Then, I flipped the engine over and admired how beefy that honkin’ oil pan looks, and incase anyone didn’t know what motor this is, it says SR20 on the front.

Next, I added some anti-seize to the o2 sensor and torqued it down with one of our fancy o2 sensor sockets.

Next I had to do what’s been breaking my heart for a while now, re-bleed the lifters. I did them once, but because I flipped the motor over to put on the oil pan and some other things, they had to be re-bled, good thing I did too, they had a lot of air in them. So to do it, I first loosed the cam caps, then took the rockers off the lifters.

The I picked it up with my fingers and wiggled it out of the little hole and dropped it into a dixie cup filled with motor oil, then stuck a 1/16th inch welding rod and bled the little buggers of air.

By taking out the timing chain tensioner and turning the cams a little bit back and forth I finally got them all out, re-bled and put back in, without losing a single shim. Then I tightened all of the cam caps back up to spec, I better not forget and flip this motor over again.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 PM   #162
xblack240x
Zilvia Junkie

YAY update

Nice exhaust, I want one too... I like that oil pan too, especially the part for the idiots who don't recognize the motor...

Anyways, continue on with your build, and keep us updated...
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 AM   #163
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

jilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of light
hydraulic lifters blow, i hate mine for the same reasons as you...
Old 06-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #164
J-Style
Zilvia Addict

J-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant futureJ-Style has a brilliant future
Damn Joe, that exhaust diffenately makes the pants go tight. Can you bring me a Nismo box next time we hang-out? I want to put it on my wall.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #165
Kaneda774

Kaneda774 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anything new? project is still alive right?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #166
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Still alive for now. Still haven't heard from the state
But man this is getting old
and in the mean time my starter on my KA is going bad, and I dont want to buy a new one and use it for like a month maybe.
I did however get in some heater hoses, a Z32 fuel filter and a aluminum steering bushing in today.
I know I know, believe me, as soon as I know one way or another, you will.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #167
cmcdougle
Zilvia FREAK!

cmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to beholdcmcdougle is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to cmcdougle
Quote:
Still alive for now. Still haven't heard from the state
But man this is getting old
and in the mean time my starter on my KA is going bad, and I dont want to buy a new one and use it for like a month maybe.
Time for the magic pole...

(meaning, get a stick and hit the starter while you're cranking it... geez, you guys)
Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #168
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Psch.

Be a man.

Hit the starter with your dick.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:26 PM   #169
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

If only mel, if only... :ghey:

Old 06-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #170
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
i got a starter for sale in san jose, pm me, btw keep this DREAM ALIVE
Old 06-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #171
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
Less talk more work/pictures
Old 07-05-2007, 09:10 PM   #172
norcal_black240
Zilvia Addict

norcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud ofnorcal_black240 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to norcal_black240 Send a message via MSN to norcal_black240
any updates?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #173
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

No,
Still playing the waiting game.
Its been a while now

On a side note my coilovers will come on tuesday.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:29 PM   #174
Intense350Z

Intense350Z is an unknown quantity at this point
nice thread..keep up the good work!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #175
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Updates!!!!!

Review Thread
Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #176
sijia10358
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
sijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfectionsijia10358 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
UPDATES!! the engine super dooper clean! lol greddy oil pan?! i wish i had those!

[email protected]

TIRE CENTRAL "DONALD" 626-227-0150
DRIFT SPEED "QUOC" 562-342-9000
Old 07-07-2007, 06:19 PM   #177
tknbkthrsdy4anfg
Nissanaholic!

Ok ok, I dont really have any, since were waiting on the state my boss took away all my money so I'm kinda stuck.
However where I stand right now...

I was going to buy a tomei t-trax lsd (and still might, but in the meantime
I helped emo nemo put a welded diff in his S14 for grip n slip.
so, he gave me the s14 diff out of his car and another S13 diff (both open).
Today, with the help of my friend david (since I cant mig) we welded both diffs. I am getting my Stance GR+Pro's on tuesday and plan on installing those and corner weighting my car. then this coming weekend I plan on videotaping me driving up my local mountain with both my VLSD and welded diff for a direct comparison.
I have a pair of Recaro leather reclining buckets sitting on a futon in my living room that I decided not to put in my car and I am going to sell those and get a Bride VIOSIII bucket (assuming I fit in it). Next, I gotta order a clutch and flywheel, radiator, hoses and fan controller and I should be about ready to drop in the motor. sorry for the lame update but its all I got for now.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 PM   #178
Sqwibbs

Sqwibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Which local mountain?
Old 07-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #179
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
yea which local mountain...i havent been up north to look for good mountain to drive. heh
Old 07-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #180
pistonx

pistonx is an unknown quantity at this point
Side note,

Any luck on that dcc wiring harness. I just got mine working some what, but no a/c.

Jason