Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #151
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
his plan:
-plant the seed

-then fuck the shit out of it

best of luck to him
Old 03-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #152
adamvann3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
adamvann3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
your ignorance blows my mind
I think my BS in mechanical engineering and working in a materials development lab as well as mechanical testing probably qualifies me. I didnt need explanations, opinions or a survey. I just asked a simple question that I am now turning into a soap opera. Its for something static, not even automotive related. Forget I asked, I will just make my own.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #153
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hitman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
i mean he qualified for most of the events and even made Top16 atleast half of the season

your ignorance blows my mind

ive qualified for every fd event i have done this far, and was the only 4 cylinder to qualify every round last year. thank you sucka!
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #154
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
ive qualified for every fd event i have done this far, and was the only 4 cylinder to qualify every round last year. thank you sucka!
post some more throw back stuff on driftparty, please tell me you at least posted your cat or your old ca18 coupe on there!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #155
Def
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamvann3 View Post
Again a different application where 5lbs is not going to matter either way. Thanks for your opinion.
It would be trivial to get a machine shop to make them up, but I don't see the point in doing the design since the REST of the control arm is more highly stressed. If you're going to significantly reinforce the rest of the control arm.. well, I still say no reason to just toss tons of material in a place where it's not doing anything regardless of the application.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #156
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I dug this article on Speedhunters where you give an explanation Matt.

Much respect, props, and good luck.

DRIVER BLOG:MATT POWERS>>2011 BUILD PT.1 YOU SAY GOODBYE, I SAY HELLO - Speedhunters

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:44 PM   #157
Def
Post Whore!

Def is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfectionDef is close to perfection
No issues with rocking an LS7, but what's up with all the skinny jeans???
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #158
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
ya thats what i figured, lol
Old 03-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #159
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
AGNT84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gtx View Post
so he was uncompetive with a ka24turbo...but now he will win because he switched to a v8?..all this hype, he still has to drive and qaulify for the events...but apparently a v8 swap, some tight jeans, and your a pro drifter now...wow i need in on this too easy....
dude read up..stop hating..
believe me i was against the whole v8 thing but its lighter and more reliable than the ka-t/ it will help him be more competitive because he will be keepin up with the top cars..

good luck to matt and everything....this is a competition build.....
AGNT84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 AM   #160
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
This is fucking impressive.

I'm finishing this thing's wiring up tomorrow, I'll see if I can get some pics of the 'trick' parts.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #161
Phate
Leaky Injector

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I dug this article on Speedhunters where you give an explanation Matt.

Much respect, props, and good luck.

DRIVER BLOG:MATT POWERS>>2011 BUILD PT.1 YOU SAY GOODBYE, I SAY HELLO - Speedhunters
I like this article much better.
Phate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 AM   #162
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gtx View Post
so he was uncompetive with a ka24turbo...but now he will win because he switched to a v8?..all this hype, he still has to drive and qaulify for the events...but apparently a v8 swap, some tight jeans, and your a pro drifter now...wow i need in on this too easy....
haha what the fuck is with people wearing tight jeans.

correction, what the fuck is with GUYS wearing tight jeans. this is some totally fucked up shit nowadays, i cant understand how stupid guys are that they've started wearing women's clothing.

i dont know much about mr matt powers, so i wont knock the guy... more power to him, i guess some people think they can make some kind of rockstar career out of racing. i dont, but hey.. if thats his prerogative then go for it.

the funny thing im noticing in this thread, is that basically hes going from a car that was setup for looks.... and now, you guys are basically saying "okay okay, fuck all that looks shit. we've read a few books and taken auto 101 at our local highschool... and now we mean business. we're skipping the looks thing and going strictly for performance now."

i mean seriously, i dont mean to be a dick but i dont think you're just gonna run off and grab first place in anything if this is your first serious attempt at "proper race engineering." I mean, i've read countless books and have been wrenching for over 10 years, and i havent won shit. so at the end of the season, if you do win first place, please come back here and talk some shit and laugh at me... saying that you won first and i've won shit.

but being that this isnt my profession, its a hobby, i dont think i'll get too upset.

edit: if you want a properly engineered car, why not buy like... a z06 carbon. at least you'll have something properly engineered and it will already have a good motor and.............. nevermind.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #163
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
correction, what the fuck is with GUYS wearing tight jeans.
good lord, they're slim fits, not girl pants.
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #164
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
haha what the fuck is with people wearing tight jeans.

correction, what the fuck is with GUYS wearing tight jeans. this is some totally fucked up shit nowadays, i cant understand how stupid guys are that they've started wearing women's clothing.

i dont know much about mr matt powers, so i wont knock the guy... more power to him, i guess some people think they can make some kind of rockstar career out of racing. i dont, but hey.. if thats his prerogative then go for it.

the funny thing im noticing in this thread, is that basically hes going from a car that was setup for looks.... and now, you guys are basically saying "okay okay, fuck all that looks shit. we've read a few books and taken auto 101 at our local highschool... and now we mean business. we're skipping the looks thing and going strictly for performance now."

i mean seriously, i dont mean to be a dick but i dont think you're just gonna run off and grab first place in anything if this is your first serious attempt at "proper race engineering." I mean, i've read countless books and have been wrenching for over 10 years, and i havent won shit. so at the end of the season, if you do win first place, please come back here and talk some shit and laugh at me... saying that you won first and i've won shit.

but being that this isnt my profession, its a hobby, i dont think i'll get too upset.

edit: if you want a properly engineered car, why not buy like... a z06 carbon. at least you'll have something properly engineered and it will already have a good motor and.............. nevermind.

all I heard out of that was I'm 7 feet tall, and can't play basketball.

what does being a mechanic have to do with being a BOSS at DRIVING?

clearly the dude could qualify and drive with a car that has HORRIBLE suspension geometry.....

Your a mechanic.....look at the power numbers in the RPM levels that matter. v8...tons of torque at low RPM. allows for quick power at any given input. 4 cylinder turbo. Power comes in after certain RPM range, gearing needs to reflect the track as well as the RPM range. And even then....on and off throttle has a delay in putting power down....

DOES THIS NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AS TO WHY A V8 IS EASIER TO DRIVE IN THIS SPORT?
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #165
Def
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapants View Post
good lord, they're slim fits, not girl pants.
Tell yourself whatever lets you look at yourself in the mirror after you put your girl pants on brah...
Old 03-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #166
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
this dude has like 2-3 rocket bunny kits. fuuuuuuu
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #167
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
that write up was awesome. More pics MATTY.

and yes....we want vids of everything.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #168
Pandapants
Zilvia Junkie

Pandapants is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pandapants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
Tell yourself whatever lets you look at yourself in the mirror after you put your girl pants on brah...
Oh snap!
Pandapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #169
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
He's got the best suspension guys in Formula Drift (who have lots of racing experience elsewhere) helping him, in addition to the practical experience that comes with competing at the top level of this motorsport for years.

Z06's are not legal because they have an aluminum frame, but Luke (Blu808) has a pretty badass C6 Corvette in FD this year. You'd probably be a bigger fan of that.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #170
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Do I spy a Rocket Bunny kit!?? Nascar is a go-go!

Man people are going to lose their shit...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #171
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Do I spy a Rocket Bunny kit!?? Nascar is a go-go!

Man people are going to lose their shit...
fuckin eh dude...cant wait to see it...
Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #172
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Hey Matt,

if this car somehow blows up, is struck by aliens, or gets tommy roberts'ed can I be first in line to buy your rear uprights, and brake set up off of you. I promise I won't try to trade you 3 unfinished s13's and a yogurt land coupon for them?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 AM   #173
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
I spy "FUTURE TOMMY"
Old 03-30-2011, 12:57 AM   #174
hitman
Zilvia FREAK!

hitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfectionhitman is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hitman
hey zilvia, suck it!
YouTube - Matt Powers' LS7 Powered Formula D S14 on the dyno
Old 03-30-2011, 01:28 AM   #175
Maximamike
Zilvia Junkie

Maximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to beholdMaximamike is a splendid one to behold
Sounds healthy, best of luck. +1 for doing whatever you want with your car.
Maximamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #176
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
this dude has like 2-3 rocket bunny kits. fuuuuuuu
Yeah I am jealous.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:13 AM   #177
AGNT84
Zilvia Member

i feel the envy to ^^^ hahaha

the motor sounds promising and good numbers to boot
Old 03-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #178
Phate
Leaky Injector

Phate is an unknown quantity at this point
Saw that dyno video this morning, NICE!
Phate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:35 AM   #179
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Wow, it actually sounds 230hp/ftlbs more bad ass then my car, hahahaha.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #180
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn that sound fucking ridiculous
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote