Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #151
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The Knicks have a good chance to get Camby because they have expiring contracts to offer Houston in a S&T. The Heat on the other hand don't, well they do but that includes Dexter Pittman and James Jones. Pat is pretty high on Dexter so I don't think he will deal him. James Jones would only be moved if he decideds to retire which he has not decided yet. The only advantage for Miami is that Marcus wants to start and that isn't happening in NY. We should know by Monday
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #152
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riq View Post
All the size in the world is no match for a team that has King James, Black Mamba, KD and CP3. I see gold in our future once again.
Pretty much this. Avg margin of victory will be in the double digits

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #153
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Phlip seems to be enjoying the married life too much, where the hell are you homie?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #154
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
All the size in the world is no match for a team that has King James, Black Mamba, KD and CP3. I see gold in our future once again.
^^^THIS...besides, size isnt what you need in international ball. We got the slashers, what team USA need are the outside shooters to kick the ball to when the middle falls in.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #155
vqboodah
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
vqboodah is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Lol! Avoid espn msg boards and most importantly redsarmy.com. There are alot of angry Failtics fans blowing headgaskets over this move. Some are fine with him leaving but all of them are angry that Ray went to Miami. It's also really funny to see how Failtics fans react when they get angry, they turn into the biggest proud racists in the world, there is so much class in Boston
As a celtics fan, yes I do feel betrayed Allen is leaving but i also dont blame him leaving. Bringing onboard Jason terry and having him as a backup for Avery Bradley definitely added more fuel to the fire.

But with Allen's injury, I feel as Doc wanted to rest him and pretty much utilize Ray allen also as the sharpshooter (which he is definitely best at) as what the Heat will plan on using him for.

Celtics fan look at this situation as how Lebron left Cleveland which is reason why many of the fans here are upset.

im probably the only celtic fan that follow these threads. lol
Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #156
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

…lol

Wait, Kyrie is on the US Select Team? Thought he wanted to play for Aussies?
Old 07-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #157
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I don't like this Team USA at all. Its practically a B team. Its like one of the worst we've sent. LBJ is gonna have to carry this team, better hope he's still in beastmode.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #158
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i thought ray allen would be more loyal, but i guess not. i think him being in trade rumors the last two years made him feel unwanted and was the main culprit that swayed his decision to go to miami. i don't think the terry signing matter. terry was a sixth man most of his career in dallas and old too. he would have just added good depth for boston.

what i don't know is if allen felt he was wronged by losing his starting spot and splitting minutes with bradley. what does coach do when you have bone spurs in your feet and a step slower? imo, allen sacrifice his game the most out of the big 3 to make things work, but at the same time he needs to realize that he is aging and hasn't been keeping up well defensively with some of the better offensive guards in the league. he was sucking badly in the playoffs so he should stepped aside and did what helped the team the most.

in going to miami, he's just going to just mike millers role. it's not like he's going to be starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #159
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I don't like this Team USA at all. Its practically a B team. Its like one of the worst we've sent. LBJ is gonna have to carry this team, better hope he's still in beastmode.
It may not be the absolute best team we've sent, but calling this a "B team" is ridiculous. This team is incredibly talented/athletic. The only real downside to it is there's no Dwight Howard. LBJ having to carry this team? WTF? You can't be serious.

Seriously though, who would you take off this team and who would you replace them with?
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #160
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
What do you guys think about Team USA? I think lack of size is an issue, especially at the center position.
Against this same international competition, Lamar Kardashian played center at the world Championships in 2010. I seriously REFUSE to think that Size will be an issue. At some point, LeBron will play the 4, Kobe the 3 and someone is getting run the fuck out of the gym.

Quote:
Phlip seems to be enjoying the married life too much, where the hell are you homie?
Married 6/23, daughter baptized 6/24, my birthday was 7/1, then independence day and then we actually threw the party for THAT last night. We've been celebrating for two weeks solid. Things should be back to somewhat normal on Monday

And I write too!
Old 07-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #161
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
It may not be the absolute best team we've sent, but calling this a "B team" is ridiculous. This team is incredibly talented/athletic. The only real downside to it is there's no Dwight Howard. LBJ having to carry this team? WTF? You can't be serious.

Seriously though, who would you take off this team and who would you replace them with?
Its not about who I would take off, its about who we are missing due to injury. I think its a problem from a defensive standpoint, not about size. Offense is not going to be a problem for this team. Like it or not, LBJ along with Chandler and Love will have to be the defensive anchor to carry this team.

PG: Paul, Williams
SG: Kobe, Westbrook, Harden
SF: Durant, Melo, Iguodala
PF: Lebron, Griffin
C: Chandler, Love

There is a defensive hole at SG and SF to an extent depending on how much they play Iggy. I don't trust Griffin on a world stage just yet.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #162
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
kobe is a good defensively at sg and cp3 isn't bad either at pg. for sf, out of durant, melo, and iggy i would have to go with iggy too.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #163
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
SG weakness - i don't think so. Kobe is an excellent defender and James Harden is up there as well. At the very least, Harden is an awesome back up for when Kobe needs rest. Westbrook's problem is that he's a gambler on defense, but considering his speed and the international competition i don't think it's going to be much of a problem.

SF weakness - I see where you're coming from, but other than Melo i don't see a problem. Lets not forget the length and athleticism that Durant has and in the international game his lack of bulk wont really matter. And we all know Iggy is a fantastic defender.

As far as injuries go, like i said, the only thing we're really missing is Howard. And even then he wasn't that much of a factor in the 2008 games. Bosh isn't known for his D so that's another "whatever" there.

In my opinion, this team with its speed, will run a defense very similar to the smothering style of the Miami Heat. If they're committed to it, it'll be very hard for other teams to score regardless of who's on the floor and in what position.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
Old 07-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #164
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
I really don't exactly "hate" Mark Cuban, but I have two very good friends who are Mavericks' fans.
... and Cuban's hand in the lockout bothers me, so I find it fucking hilarious that his approach of sabotaging what would have a pretty easy repeat bid by letting the roster go to shit last year is getting uglier now.
  • Deron Williams to re-sign with the Nets
  • Dwight Howard to be sent where in the fuck ever Orlando pleases
  • No major free agent signings
  • Two major free agent losses

We go from the Cuban Whistle Crisis, to redeeming themselves in a title win, and now this. I refuse to believe they'll make the playoffs this season. Minnesota is in, and David Stern will be able to funnel another MVP to a player whose skin is not brown when Kevin Love continues to improve.

And I write too!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #165
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
2012 NBA Free Agency Diary | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

Quote:
07/08/2012 7:05 PM EST Eric Pincus:

Sources say both the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets have clear paths lined up to trade for Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic. While it’s been long presumed the Magic would just naturally want a center like Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez in return, that’s not necessarily a given.

The Magic are going through the rebuilding process and the notion of signing players to long-term maximum (or near-max) contracts isn’t especially appealing. Perhaps the model of what Orlando is looking for would be the haul the Denver Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony – young players, picks, etc.

The Lakers and Nets both have third teams involved. They’re also not the only teams pursuing Howard. Nothing is imminent to speak of.

At some point Orlando is going to need to make a decision. Extended delay will take the Nets out of the picture as free agents Kris Humphries, Lopez and others won’t wait all summer.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #166
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

^^^ I am of the opinion that the Nets are already out of the picture, given the amount of money they already have promised out. Stopping to consider the forthcoming luxury tax assrape that teams will have to answer to and Dwight Howard's being exposed as a total dick should scare ANY team off of him.
Except, of course, the Knicks, but they apparently wipe their asses with $100 bills on a roll and are totally fucking inept as an organization, so they will match Lin's offer and THEN go after him, lol

And I write too!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #167
FRpilot
Post Whore!

i don't know what the hell is taking so long for orlando to trade dwight howard. they said they want to take care of this before the season starts, but then again the carmelo anthony thing last all the way up to the trade deadline.

Quote:
Old 07-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #168
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
i don't know what the hell is taking so long for orlando to trade dwight howard. they said they want to take care of this before the season starts, but then again the carmelo anthony thing last all the way up to the trade deadline.
Because he has ruined two seasons (last and next) for them, they can do what the hell they want with him now, even if that means sending him somewhere he absolutely does not want to go and waiting until January to do it.
They owe him nothing, and handling his situation expeditiously helps HIM

And I write too!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #169
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
^^^ I am of the opinion that the Nets are already out of the picture, given the amount of money they already have promised out. Stopping to consider the forthcoming luxury tax assrape that teams will have to answer to and Dwight Howard's being exposed as a total dick should scare ANY team off of him.
Except, of course, the Knicks, but they apparently wipe their asses with $100 bills on a roll and are totally fucking inept as an organization, so they will match Lin's offer and THEN go after him, lol
Welp there's more...

Quote:
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Many speculating that Cavs are team that would take Kris Humphries as part of DH12 deal 2 Nets. But told "nothing substantive" with Cavs now
Quote:
Nets are reaching out to "any team with room," I'm told. But Cavs do make sense; they have 7 first rounders in next three years.
Quote:
Cleveland has its own firsts from 2013-15, Miami's firsts in '13 and '15, and the Lakers' and Kings' firsts next year (all w/protections).
Old 07-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #170
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Camby back to the Knicks for 3 years/13 mil...he wasn't good during his first stint (he was way better after he left), now even older. At least this means Stat doesn't have to play C as much anymore and can stay at PF.

Kinda glad Novak is back though. Hopefully he can keep up his crazy shooting.

Anybody care to venture if the BK Nets tickets will be more expensive (once they get Dwight), or NY Knicks?

xquizitditz
Old 07-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #171
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
Camby back to the Knicks for 3 years/13 mil...he wasn't good during his first stint (he was way better after he left), now even older. At least this means Stat doesn't have to play C as much anymore and can stay at PF.

Anybody care to venture if the BK Nets tickets will be more expensive (once they get Dwight), or NY Knicks?
I'd say more. That's why they're willing to roll the dice with trades and first round picks. They would have their own "big three" but no real other parts.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #172
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post

he was mostly injured during his tenure with the knicks. plus he was off the bench for pat... until pat got injured and traded, then he started 1 full season he played his peak numbers similar to his denver days.

last season he avg 24min/ 9.2rpg / 2bpg off the bench gives tyson to rest and still keep defense up. a good match with stat cause he can spread the floor and hit the j's.
i just dont like the s&t deal. we lost 2 picks and jorts.

jr resign 2 years for 2.8mil. 2nd year player option. giving us more flexibilty when we get bird rights next season. thank you JR!

Last edited by BOROSUN; 07-09-2012 at 11:25 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #173
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

lulz

And I write too!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #174
Riq
Zilvia Addict

^^ lol! That is going to be a very interesting second unit. There is sure to be a shower of 3's everynight
Old 07-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #175
FRpilot
Post Whore!

rashard lewis signing for way little money. 1.35M vet minimum. i guess it doesn't matter since he IS getting an additional $10M from his buyout.

i see him using this as an opportunity to try to prove himself and get another multi-year contract in the future, but no way he'll return to the form that made him a 2nd/3rd round pick in fantasy basketball.

in other news, warriors trade dorell wright to 76ers for rights to a European player to save money which might as well not be news at all.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #176
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Quote:
Eric Pincus
The Rockets want Howard but they also NEED a positive end to their asset collection. If they can get Bynum, given Dwight saying long-term he won't say in Houston - then maybe that's a compromise everyone willing to accept. With the Brooklyn non-deal as a model, clearly these things don't come easy, at all Read more › - Houston would love to just deal straight up with Orlando. The Magic like the idea of less $ locked in and a ton of prospects. We shall see.
Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
In short: Lakes need 3rd team to do Dwight deal. Nets do NOT but direct ORL deal TRICKY. Rockets can do it direct or facilitate & get Bynum
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...es-source-says

Quote:
The Houston Rockets have joined the Los Angeles Lakers and the Brooklyn Nets as the most serious potential trade partners with the Orlando Magic on a Dwight Howard deal, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets are discussing a multitude of trade scenarios with the Magic, offering to serve both as the team that would acquire Howard in a direct trade between the clubs and also as a third team that would participate in a trade that lands Howard with the Lakers and brings All-Star center Andrew Bynum to Houston.

The Rockets, in the latter scenario, would push to acquire Bynum from the Lakers while furnishing the Magic with a package of future draft picks and cap-friendly contracts to set Orlando up for a full-fledged roster reload. Sources confirmed a HoopsWorld.com report that the three-team trade construction that sends Bynum to the Rockets instead of the Magic -- with Orlando said to be concerned about its ability to re-sign Bynum for the long term -- gained traction Tuesday
Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #177
FRpilot
Post Whore!

looks like a race... whichever team can get a deal done first gets howard. houston seems to be indifferent in getting howard or bynum.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #178
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
rashard lewis signing for way little money. 1.35M vet minimum. i guess it doesn't matter since he IS getting an additional $10M from his buyout.
I read somewhere its closer to $16M that he's making next year on top of the Vet min.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #179
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
I read somewhere its closer to $16M that he's making next year on top of the Vet min.
i wouldn't be surprised. Yahoo stated he got a buyout of $10M on the $18M left on his $118M contract, which i thought was a bit small. (i thought he could have easily asked for a $15M buyout or threaten to feign injury, sit on the bench all year, and still get paid the $18M like when marbury held the knicks hostage)

Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #180
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
i wouldn't be surprised. Yahoo stated he got a buyout of $10M on the $18M left on his $118M contract, which i thought was a bit small. (i thought he could have easily asked for a $15M buyout or threaten to feign injury, sit on the bench all year, and still get paid the $18M like when marbury held the knicks hostage)
The difference is that the Knicks DESERVED that shit as an organization, especially at the time. Sure, Starbury is batchit insane and was probably pretty much stealing money at the time, but that place was a cesspool at the time.
Rahsard Lewis, on the other hand, HAS to know that he was never worth the money he was getting and was fine with taking that buyout for as much as he did.

And I write too!
Closed Thread