Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #151
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedobear Run Kids View Post
Looking real good bro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Lol forreal, you got great wheel taste my dude
Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl H View Post
looks like it does something.

I was invited to a car show this weekend to help promote my friends clothing company. Some people took some cool pictures...

Thanks to Tony from MeatyFlush!

Thanks to Erik from PRPL! Also a big thanks to PRPL for inviting me out! I had a great time. Be sure to check out www.prpllife.co !

Last edited by wolfpack; 06-30-2014 at 02:46 PM..
wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2014, 06:40 PM   #152
Jcoleman134
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Jcoleman134 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
im mad i missed this meet! car looks on point as always dude!
Jcoleman134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #153
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
O$mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Could you go more into detail with your suspension setup, before your knuckles, because I love your stance and want to get my s14 to same way, also see you have a PBM FLCA tension rod combo, what did you have to do to run them properly?
Old 05-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #154
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcoleman134 View Post
car looks on point as always dude!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O$mo View Post
Could you go more into detail with your suspension setup, before your knuckles, because I love your stance and want to get my s14 to same way, also see you have a PBM FLCA tension rod combo, what did you have to do to run them properly?
Roll your fenders, lower your coils, and find some wheels that fit! The FLCA is what gives you the wild camber up front. To run extended FLCA you will need a longer inner tie-rod. I would recommend S14 Tein inner tie rods (and you will need to buy S14 outer as well, I recommend MOOG or Tein).
Old 05-02-2014, 09:09 PM   #155
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Roll your fenders, lower your coils, and find some wheels that fit! The FLCA is what gives you the wild camber up front. To run extended FLCA you will need a longer inner tie-rod. I would recommend S14 Tein inner tie rods (and you will need to buy S14 outer as well, I recommend MOOG or Tein).
Fenders rolled, and my PBM comps are practically maxed out on 18x8.5 XT7s im thinking about extending my FLCA as i scored a dope deal on PBM tension rods so buying the combo you have would be redundant.

And Tein Inners are longer than OEM?
Old 05-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #156
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Fenders rolled, and my PBM comps are practically maxed out on 18x8.5 XT7s im thinking about extending my FLCA as i scored a dope deal on PBM tension rods so buying the combo you have would be redundant.

And Tein Inners are longer than OEM?
Oops, totally forgot that you mentioned you have an S14! The Tein tie rods are S14 length. I don't have a lot of experience with S14, so I really couldn't comment on how far you could push the FLCA with the Tein tie rods. I can tell you though, the PBM tie rods I run are very long and would definitely work if you pushed past the 'comfort zone' of the Tein. If you already have a nice set of tension rods, I wouldn't get excited about the tubular FLCA. Honestly, I think that it adds too many stress points. A lengthened OEM FLCA will do the job just fine, at a fraction of the cost.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:07 PM   #157
Threeplus10

Threeplus10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build!! I know its been said a number of times but your thread is an inspiration!! I love your positive attitude and excitement, its definitely refreshing to read!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!

I don't know if I missed it but: did you mention how the car handles now that you cut the rad support?? Do you feel much difference when cornering??
I am actually thinking of doing something similar to my AE86 since I am going to be running a KA and I know space is an issue with these swaps... any tips or advice??
Threeplus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #158
O$mo
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Oops, totally forgot that you mentioned you have an S14! The Tein tie rods are S14 length. I don't have a lot of experience with S14, so I really couldn't comment on how far you could push the FLCA with the Tein tie rods. I can tell you though, the PBM tie rods I run are very long and would definitely work if you pushed past the 'comfort zone' of the Tein. If you already have a nice set of tension rods, I wouldn't get excited about the tubular FLCA. Honestly, I think that it adds too many stress points. A lengthened OEM FLCA will do the job just fine, at a fraction of the cost.
yeah i saw that you snapped it twerking the beast

so chopping, extending and boxing it up my FLCA would be best
Old 05-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #159
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeplus10 View Post
Awesome build!! I know its been said a number of times but your thread is an inspiration!! I love your positive attitude and excitement, its definitely refreshing to read!! THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!
Thanks dude! No matter how many times it's been said, it always feels good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeplus10 View Post
I don't know if I missed it but: did you mention how the car handles now that you cut the rad support?? Do you feel much difference when cornering??
I am actually thinking of doing something similar to my AE86 since I am going to be running a KA and I know space is an issue with these swaps... any tips or advice??
I have zero experience with AE86, but as far as the rad support is concerned on my S13... it has been the most 'time-saving' modification that I have done yet. It makes pulling the motor a breeze! I was a bit wary to cut the core support off of my perfectly good car, but I am so glad I did it! If you look at the stock core support of an S13, you can twist it with your hands... It is a very weak piece of the chassis. If anything, I would say that it feels stronger now. I have not noticed any changes in handling with the removable core support. I also run a front strut tower bar at the track, which will soak up a lot of the energy in the front end. I would recommend this modification to anyone! But I would also recommend that you take your time and have a solid plan.

Quote:
so chopping, extending and boxing it up my FLCA would be best
This would be the best way for you to go, in my opinion. It is a tried and tested setup, that is proven to hold up... and costs a 1/3 of PBM FLCA. I extended a set 30mm for a friend and he loves them! Good luck!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #160
Threeplus10

Threeplus10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Quote:
it has been the most 'time-saving' modification that I have done yet. It makes pulling the motor a breeze! I would recommend this modification to anyone! But I would also recommend that you take your time and have a solid plan.
Thanks man!! I appreciate the advice!! I think it is definitely something I want to do. And I can see how running a strut brace could help reinforce the rigidity in the front end. Thanks again!!
Threeplus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 AM   #161
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

So at the last event, I kept running into issues with the car... I was able to press on and keep driving, but that car was not enjoying it. When I got home from the event, I began to look for the problem. Checked the spark plugs, tried another set of coilpacks, checked for boost/vacuum leaks, tried another MAF, replaced injector o-rings... Some things seemed to help, but nothing fixed the problem. I was stumped...I decided to yank my ECU out and make sure everything was well, but when I got the case out of the car I could hear something rattling around inside... Opened it up, and my Nistune daughterboard was laying in the bottom of the case. Awesome! Reassembled everything, and it seemed to be running fine. Headed out to the car show I had last posted about and had no issues. I was hoping that the board had not been damaged when it had fallen off, but I was wrong... I found out the night before the next drift event, while I was letting the car warm up. After it sat for about 20 minutes, the ECU lost connectivity and the motherboard reverted back to some sort of default programming. The car was struggling to idle, black smoke pouring out of the exhaust, and the check engine light was on. I frantically tried to find the solution, but was running out of time. I had a hard decision to make, and decided to pack the car up on the trailer and bring a few spare parts to the track with me hoping that I could fix it at the track the next morning...

I got to the track and decided to try a spare coolant temperature sensor, since my problem seemed to be occuring when the car would get up to temp. Stuck it in there, let her warm up, and back to stumbling and smoking. It was worse than the last event, the car would hardly move under its own power. I ended up messing with the car most of the day, and couldn't get it to run right. We got tired of it and decided to pack up and head home. I got right on the car trying to find the problem... After much deliberation, I decided the ECU had to be the problem. I do not see any visible damage to the ECU, and do not understand the board enough to dive much deeper into it...

At this point, I was one week away from Club Loose East Coast Bash, and really wanted to try and make it out to that event. I went through the motor one more time, and made sure all seemed well. The car would run fine until the 20 minute mark, and then die out. Everything looked, and seemed healthy enough. I rushed to find a PowerFC and get the car over to my tuner. I only had a few days to work with, and he said he could squeeze me in... Awesome! Got everything together, and took the car over to MA-Motorsports. At this point, I had 3 days until the event. I got skunked the last weekend and really wanted to get back on the track. On Thursday I get the call from MA that cylinder 1 had low compression... F#@! I was in such a hurry trying to get the car ready, I didn't even bother to do a compression test since it seemed healthy enough... rookie mistake What an emotional day. All sorts of thoughts rushing through my head... I had no idea what to do at this point. I was so frustrated and disappointed. Got everything together and headed over to pick the car up. That was a crappy ride... When we got there I was talking with some of the guys about which way I could head next... Someone had suggested to throw some heavy-weight oil in the motor, and give it a go! What could go wrong at this point? The motor was already damaged.

Got it back home and was rushing to find a solution to get the car running for just a day... The ECU was not operating, so I tossed in a stock ECU to see what it would do. The Z32 AFM would not allow the car to idle properly, so back in the stock AFM went. Car would idle great now... But drove like ass. I decided to dig around in the back of my shop and see what I could find... I came back out with a set of stock injectors and a manual boost controller. Turned the boost back to 10psi, tossed the stock injectors in... and the car was running fine! Despite one cylinder not being too happy... Stayed up late prepping the car for the event, and even had to take off work the next day... The car seemed like it would be good enough to make it through the day. So I loaded up, and off we went.

I was a little nervous about the setup all day, I had just pieced it together and had zero time to test it. I had my fingers crossed, but had no idea what I was in for... Took it out for a test lap around the track and it seemed alright. Made a few passes around the track and was plagued with small stupid problems all day. The track was really rough for a low car, they told me I wouldn't make it around the track at tech . I didn't get a lot of runs with the crazy long lines, but I had a decent pass on the track with my frankenstein setup so I was happy. I just needed to get out there and get my fix.

I also forgot to mention, that somewhere in between all of this mess I finally recieved my Nismo R32 Skyline spoiler and got it painted and mounted to a spare trunk lid. I am loving how this thing looks!!! I will try to get better pictures sometime.

So I brought it back home and had some time to finally relax, and think about what I should do. It could be cheaper to rebuild one of my damaged SR, but it may cost me a lot of time. Our drift season is only a few events long, and I would like to be back at the next event and finish the rest of the season strong! So the plan is to find another stock SR local, and once everything is running well again I will rebuild one of the damaged SR to have as a spare.

Carlos came by and we pulled the motor out. Now I need to strip all of my good parts off of it, and go pick up an SR that I found at one of the local importers. I only got a few passes in at the first track day before the car began to run weird, which I now know was the daughterboard falling off... So I have had a very limited amount of time driving this car at full-tilt... I can't wait to see what it is really capable of!

Old 06-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #162
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

So we last left off with the blown motor out of the car... I began to call around to all the local importers, and it seemed that I did not have a whole lot to choose from. I found some time at work, and decided to just ride down and take a look. When I arrived, it was not long before I had each employee pulling me off to the side telling me that if I waited a few days they could give me the deal of a lifetime LOL . I did some searching through the shop, and found an automatic SR20DET blacktop tucked away in the back. It took a bit, but I finally explained to these guys that I wanted the automatic SR. Asked to see a compression test... wow, what a fiasco that was. Compression tester was leaking, battery was not charged, employees were just casually sitting around... I wasted my entire day at work. But I came home with a new motor!

Stripped this motor down to the block, and put all of my parts on it. The automatic pilot bushing is a real pain in the ass! Eventually just caved in and bought the damn tool, which popped it out in a matter of seconds. I've been awfully busy, but it was coming together piece-by-piece. Finally, the motor was ready to go in the car!

Kept chipping away at it every chance I got... Got everything hooked up!

Finally got an appointment on the dyno to get the new PowerFC tuned! Took it over there and the fuel pump decided to die on me. They found another one locally and put it in. Then the wastegate started to act up. Some days this car will really test your patience...

But, worked past that and now the car is running again!!! Buttoning up a few small odds and ends, and taking it out for some testing soon!

Stay tuned!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #163
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dude, Awesome build thread man, I usually just scroll through the picture because i'm at work, but I read through the entire thing. I absolutely love this car, can't wait to get home and put in some work on mine. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #164
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

I finally got my car back out!!! I last left off with the car tuned, just a few more small things to do! I took the car out to get the alignment back in check, and spent some time under the car securing and protecting everything the best I possibly could. Gave the whole car a once over, and we were ready to go!

Hauled the car Shenandoah Speedway for DriftValley 11. My last time here my motor gave out on me, and I was hoping to make the most of this trip! Got there early, and unloaded everything. Drove the car around the lot a bit and it was feeling solid, but I can't say I wasn't worried in the back of my mind.

Photo Credit - Neil DeVera

Took it easy the first lap around, got it up into boost and everything felt smooth. After having just blew up the motor, I was a bit timid to push the pedal down all the way. Took it out again and started to push on it a bit. Everything still felt smooth, and at this point I was ready to give it everything it had. Went back out and and held the pedal all the way down through third and into the big bank...

Photo Credit - Jeremy Gray

What a fucking blast! To feel everything working in harmony made me feel a certain type of way. The way the car handles, the way the power comes on, the way the car sounds... It is the dream I have been chasing for years, and here I was sitting in the driver seat thrashing it for all its got!

Photo Credit - Mike Deckman

Photo Credit - Tyler Griffith

Now everybody knows, a drift day rarely goes by without a little drama... Sure enough, I was tinkering with the car a bit between run groups and got distracted. Buttoned everything up and got back out for my run group. First.. second.. third.. clutch kick.. wide-open throttle... aaaand my hood flies up! Mother fucker! I couldn't believe it happened. For a second I didn't even realize what was going on. Drove off track and all of my people were just waiting to see my reaction... I knew the hood was toast, and I could see the sunroof was smashed. But the windshield and roof were fine. Removed the sunroof, tossed the hood in the grass, and got the fuck back out there! Not letting some stupid shit like that hold me back, no way!

Got back out there and drove better than I had all day. The smoke was pouring out and my speed was picking up each and every run. Of course somewhere in between all this I mashed a cone in third gear and tore my new Aero bumper up, but I'll fix that later. A friend of mine had been bugging me to tandem [for my first time], but I had not been feeling it up until the end of the day. He pulled up next to me in line, and I already knew what he was going to ask. I give him the thumbs up and he jumped in front of me in line. What a fucking blast that was! I managed to keep up (with a 600hp car) and was really rolling some coal! Probably one of the best runs I had of the day, and of my life. I was stoked!

Photo Credit - Mike Deckman

Video Credit - Bill Pullin

Got home and found a spare hood hinge and switched out the remnants of my Aero bumper for a bash bar, in preparation for the next day. Hauled the car out to Summit Point Motorsports Park for the Drift Nirvana event. This was my first time drifting two days back-to-back, and probably my last. I could hardly wake myself up in the morning, as opposed to waking up 30 minutes before my alarm on a usual drift day. We dragged ass out to the track, slapped the car together, and I was out on track again! I was on the same track that claimed my tension rod last year, and is a terrible track for low cars. However, it is a pretty 'standard' course in our area and I need to learn how to drive it. Spent most of the day fighting my suspension as I rode up and down the waves of asphalt, listening to the symphony of my frame rails grinding off in unison. But I made the best of it and finally started to get the hang of the track. Towards the end of the day I made a few respectable passes and I left happy.

Video Credit - Bill Pullin

It felt great to have the car last two straight days of thrashing. Hopefully it lasts many more! Now I need to fix my bumper and figure out what to do with my hood/sunroof and I'll be ready for the next event!

Last edited by wolfpack; 07-13-2014 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #165
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
At the :10 second mark in the last video, I thought you were going to hit a reverse entry dude! lol
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 PM   #166
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn Nick! Car is rad as hell. How long have you been running the expreme exhaust manifold? I heard mixed reviews on them. You said you have been waiting for a long time for your car to sound like that. What has changed for you to achieve said sound? Reading through your build, it looks like you have always had the expreme manifold, the new add of the tomei turbo, tomei outlet?, what else am I missing? Definitely makes me want to go turn wrenches on my cars man! Keep up the motivational build!
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #167
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
At the :10 second mark in the last video, I thought you were going to hit a reverse entry dude! lol
Haha one day!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravingAKouki View Post
Damn Nick! Car is rad as hell. How long have you been running the expreme exhaust manifold? I heard mixed reviews on them. You said you have been waiting for a long time for your car to sound like that. What has changed for you to achieve said sound? Reading through your build, it looks like you have always had the expreme manifold, the new add of the tomei turbo, tomei outlet?, what else am I missing? Definitely makes me want to go turn wrenches on my cars man! Keep up the motivational build!
Thanks dude!

I was running the Expreme manifold and turbo outlet when I was still on the stock turbo. I have been using the Expreme manifold for two years now with no complaints! It is a high-quality piece, as you would expect from Tomei. The turbo is what really changed the sound of the car. It has a very signature sound compared to any of the other SR20's at the local track. I love it!
Old 07-10-2014, 10:09 PM   #168
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Sweet build. White coupes truly rock!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #169
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gr8bar10der View Post
Sweet build. White coupes truly rock!
Thanks dude! Right back at ya! White is right! Your car is one of the reasons I finally bought an Aero bumper.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #170
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
Quote:
Thanks dude! Right back at ya! White is right! Your car is one of the reasons I finally bought an Aero bumper.
I wish I could utilize mine to its full potential just like the way you do man. Job well done!!
Old 09-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #171
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Grab a cup of coffee and a pack of cigarettes, this is about to get awfully interesting...

After many long, hard weeks at work...it was finally time to head to the track! I had no time to mess with the car in between events, I was just hoping to load up and head out. It was a small event so I was not worried about things like bumper and headlights, I was just hoping to get some good practice in. I got to the track, unloaded everything, and set up our area. I was switching my rear wheels to ones that actually had some tread, when one of the lugs decided to start rolling in the hub. I spent the majority of the morning fucking around with that, and was becoming very frustrated. My friend Adam had a goliath electric impact gun, which finally extracted the lug nut. So out on track I went. I only made a few passes before it happened… I was coming in hot, yanked the handbrake, and the car did not respond. I am still not sure why, it all happened so fast. I had came in fast and wide, without much room for error. I tried to stop the car using the foot brake but there was not enough space. I went hurdling in to the wall in third gear. So many thoughts were rushing through my head. It all felt like a bad dream. I could not believe what had just happened. This could quite easily have been one of the worst moments of my life. Physically, I was fine. Mentally, I was crushed. As I sat there looking at my car, I couldn’t help but think of all the great times I have had with the car. It was such a shame to see the car that way, it still bothers me to this day. However, there was one thing I knew for sure… I couldn’t let this get me down! I did not come this far to go out this way. I have way too much invested in this to stop now.

As soon as I arrived home I knew I had to get to work. I wanted to prove to myself that I could beat this. This was by far the most serious accident I have had on track, and I knew it was really going to test me. I had to push all my emotions to the side, and get the fuck to work! I began furiously tearing apart what was left of the car. The next day the motor was out, sitting on a pallet. I assessed the damage, and began to make a list of what would need to be replaced. This list was staggering, to say the least.

Thankfully, I had a hatch sitting around. I had found the car on Craigslist for cheap, and jumped on the opportunity. I had plans to use it for something to cruise around in, but never had the chance to get the pissy little single-cam up to par. So it sat and sat, until finally one day it was pulled in to my garage. I worked on it every single day. I would set small goals to get done each day, then start thinking of what I could do the next day. I did my best to keep the parts flowing in, so I could stay working. I worked on the car as much as I possibly could, I wanted to get the new car running and out on track ASAP! I would work every weekday from about 5 p.m. until around 10 or 11 p.m., only taking a break to eat. Weekends I would usually get started by noon and work until around 4 or 5 a.m. Some nights I could not find any help, and would have to work alone in to the wee hours of the night. I am pretty sure I was going crazy, but I couldn’t stop. I had one thing on my mind, building my new car. It became hard to concentrate on real life. I was missing a lot of sleep, and it was dragging me down. But I kept pressing on, giving it 100% of what I had.

For the first few weeks, I was really feeling overburdened. I was still bothered by the loss of my old car, and progression seemed very slow on the new car. Finally, after about three weeks, the new car began to take shape. After all the hard work, I was finally beginning to feel a connection with the new car. Progression was picking up and I was becoming very excited. At the rate things were going, it was looking like I may be able to make the next drift event that was on my schedule! Despite my serious lack of sleep, the excitement provided me enough energy to continue pushing on in to the fourth week. Which is, of course, when I started to become very sick. I knew that if I could keep the pace at which I was working, that I could be at the next event like I never missed a beat. However, it was steadily becoming more and more difficult to continue on.

But, I kept visions of the next event in my head and worked towards it with everything I had! I found myself working on the car until around 9:30 p.m. the night before the event. Which is extremely out-of-character for me… unfortunately, I had no other options. At around 9:30 p.m. the night before the event, I decided that the car was ready to be taken to the track and tested. There was still some interior/exterior work to be done, but the car felt sound mechanically. We loaded up and quickly went to ‘sleep’ before the big day. I could hardly shut my eyes though, as I went through everything I had done in my head.

We woke up bright and early the next morning, and begun the trek out to the track. It was a very tense ride up, all I could think about was the car. Did I rush through it too quickly? Is it ready for the track? Did I tighten that bolt enough? Finally, after a long three hours, we arrived at Shenandoah Speedway. It was a weird feeling for me. A combination of ‘nervous-as-a-motherfucker’ and ‘so-happy-that-I-want-to-scream’. Here I was, back at the same place that I crashed, exactly one month and four days later. With a brand-new car ready to fuck shit up! I cannot explain to you how great it felt to beat the crash like that. As soon as I passed through the gates a giant shit-eating grin took over my face, and I am not sure that it ever left until the weekend was over.

Photo Credit - Ed Anderson

We unloaded the car off the trailer and I was quickly greeted by a few ‘WTF?!’ faces. I was so busy working on the car, that I hardly had any time to post what was going on and not a lot of people thought I would be driving the next event. I teched the car in, and started getting ready for the track. The first few passes back out there were strange… I felt a whole new respect for the track. I spent a few laps just driving the course. Feeling out not only the car, but myself as well. I could already tell it was going to be weird throwing the new car back at the same wall that claimed the old one. After a few laps and some small adjustments, the car was feeling solid and I was ready to get it sideways. I started on the small, open turns in the infield. Just trying to get back in the groove. Let the steering wheel spin a bit, stab the throttle a few times… I was feeling pretty good. I decided the best place to try and get back up to speed, would be the second-to-third gear turn coming out of the infield on to the bank. I came through the infield, hit the limiter in second and latched third as I started to get close to the clipping point. The car jumped around the point just as I had planned, and the smoke started rolling. It felt so good to be back out there again! The new car was felt solid. It ran great all day despite wanting to heat up after too many passes, which was expected in the hot summer weather. Once I was feeling settled in, I decided to run the solo comp for the hell of it and ended up taking home first place! The ride home was much more relaxed, the new car had done it’s duty. It took a full day of hard drifting, and I even brought home a trophy with it!

Photo Credit - Kenny Sirivongxay

Video Credit - Paul Fregeolle

Video Credit - Paul Fregeolle

Now I need to go back through all of my work to check everything for the umpteenth time, and start on getting this thing painted! I still feel strange about the loss of the old car, but I am excited to see what the new car could bring.

I would also like to take a second to thank my father (again). Throughout this entire process, he was there every chance he could get. He is willing to push himself, as hard as I am willing to push myself. Once we got in to weeks 3 and 4, we both started to become really worn out. You could see it in our faces. We began to constantly bicker about stupid shit, and it would even get pretty serious sometimes. But we managed to stick it out, and build yet another track-proven machine. I can’t thank you enough for all your help; whether it is laying under the car with me, or just giving me your straight-up honest opinion (even when you know I don’t want to hear it). It’s awesome to think about how we are still kicking after all these years, here’s to many more!

I would also like to thank Thomas. Probably one of the coolest dudes that I have met through this ‘junky-old-Nissan’ obsession. I appreciate all the tools you loaned me, and all those late nights you spent in the shop helping me!

“The only way to find your limit, is to push your limit.”
-Ben Williams, Fresh Roots Motorsports

Last edited by wolfpack; 10-01-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Old 09-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #172
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Hell yea dude! Glad I could help in anyway possible man. It sure was fun. Get ready to help me swap my SR soon.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #173
O$mo
Zilvia Member

That hatch is KILLING it, RIP to the Coupe though, look on the bright side we are XT7 bros now
Old 09-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #174
borprS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
borprS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Great post Nick and way to keep your head up kid! Can't wait to rip with you once I finish mine. Giving up is not an option. And the car looks sick!
borprS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #175
TongWoo

TongWoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice update, Nick. I was blown away to see photos of you drifting at Swingset. You got that new chassis setup so damn quick, man. Stoked.
TongWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #176
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
one of my favorite 240's. sucks the coupe crashed, but awesome to see how quickly you moved onto a new chassis
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:37 AM   #177
eds13
Zilvia FREAK!

eds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfectioneds13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eds13
Woot woot!!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #178
R_Rod_s13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
R_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really niceR_Rod_s13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sad that you crashed your coupe RIP ... But I can't wait to see what your plans are for the hatch. Great work man!
R_Rod_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #179
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

Thanks everyone! No sense in crying over spilled milk. It's the risk you take every time you go out on track. Like falling off your skateboard... You gotta get back up and do it again!

Here are a few pictures from my friend Neil DeVera!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #180
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what a hell of a comeback. thats fuckin awesome you just got right back at it man. major props. not to bring up sore times but do you have pictures after you wrecked the coupe? sucks to see one of my favorite s13's gone but its fuckin awesome to see you get right back on the saddle.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote