Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #151
Jordan-S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Jordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is a really nice build Russel i cant wait to see it on the track. Hopefully real soon.
Jordan-S13-Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #152
jbuckley
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cars lookin good!
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:22 PM   #153
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute

The last run was 380hp 360tq but he ran it out to the limiter so it freaked out the line.

at any rate, I'm happy as a clam.

380whp at 18psi and stock cams is fair enough for me. 300ft/lbs at 4200? thank you ma'am.

Special Thanks to.
www.boostlogic.com for the turbo, manifolds, v-mount, errything.
www.tuningconcepts.com for 5hrs dealing with retarded problems on the dyno and the fresh tune.
www.uprev.com for letting me use their dyno for 5hrs (attn 350Z guys these bros have a cool product)
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #154
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Absolutely beautiful dyno curve... sure the cams are holding you back at the top, but shit - 300ft/lbs @ 4.2k is unbelievably nice.

I bet it drives like a dream.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM   #155
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Pics of driffin:

http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/for...93.msg2845#new

Vids of said driffin.

First run a new set of RE01Rs on the rear caught me off guard. Blue car is Aaron Loseys 460hp LS1 car. Course was clutch kick the 4 shift into the first corner and ride 4th until about halfway though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsi9yTbOknY[/ame]
Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM   #156
jbuckley
BANNED

jbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of lightjbuckley is a glorious beacon of light
sweet , car looks really good i cant wait to go drive

SWEEET
jbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 PM   #157
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man your car is sick the V mount gives me a stiffy.

Aaron car just amazing to watch never seen it in person though...

btw +1 for power power curve
Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #158
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Your seeing torque that early because it's a dynojet and more than anything your using stock cams.

would be a little later on a load eddy dyno

I would be looking for about 440 whp on a dynojet with 264 step 2s and a greddy plenum. not sure if your going this route though
Old 06-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #159
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

I'd go to 21psi before I put cams in.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #160
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
car looked awesome at the event... cant believe i'm not in the video at all even though i did a bunch of runs in between those other guys.... your tandem with aaron was sweet though i got a couple shots of it in HD i'll post later
Old 06-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #161
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz
Damn fine build sir.

Beastly.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #162
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
I'd go to 21psi before I put cams in.
do 22

do it
Old 06-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #163
miggypq21
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
miggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to miggypq21
Kick ass driving man, why are you against getting cams haha.

Where was the vid at, I need to hit up some events here in Texas lol
Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #164
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

www.fabricatedmotorsports.com
Old 07-01-2008, 12:09 AM   #165
Jordan-S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

Jordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the rough
Wow badass vid russel that was some sick footage!! nice dyno sheet I cant believe that stock cams could make it far nice work.

Have you picked out a set of cams to get in the near future.

Keep up the great work man.
Jordan-S13-Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 AM   #166
JAEBEATZ
Zilvia Member

JAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choicesJAEBEATZ has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to JAEBEATZ
+~1 SICK CAR!!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #167
phi_ho1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (57)
phi_ho1 is making a name for him/her selfphi_ho1 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 57 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to phi_ho1
cool car nice engine bay
phi_ho1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #168
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Comparo Left Un-cut/Right cut doesn't look too substantial, but its a pretty reasonable jump in person or if I could show it right. took me like 2hrs to do both sides and they came out dead on even.

Went on the car today, need to ditch the steering stops for good evaluation, but they mostly miss the steering stops when on the ground and got a taste zero bind, quicker steering, should be able to turn on about a 6-8ft diameter circle on the inside rear, pretty spiffy

Got this in, dunno if I'm gonna fix the angle on the net. I got the net in literally the day before NOPI was cancelled, whatever, Hlloween rolls nets, I ain't scurred. And windows up for tandem is the most pain in the ass shit ever.

About to cut the floor board out Silent Slide / DSG style to get that guy in towards the trans tunnel and on the floor. Yes, passenger still sucks it with greddy belts.

Hooker Harness and some other ricey shit should be end at the end of next week too. HIZZAH!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #169
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Aight, its been a while but a couple things have changed.

Garage BB 1800mm Wing, Hard Mounted to the chassis
Fiberglass Hatch with Lexan
D-Max Hood
Plywood Splitter.
SPL Parts Version 2 Links

Also some Advan RZ 17x9.5+30 18x10+25, 8 Total, got em from Francis at ASpec, hes a pretty rad dude. I usually run 245/40/17 Star Specs 275/35/18 DZ101, big tire and a 2400lb curb make the car pretty fast, I think my qualifying speed at Anaheim was 1mph off Saitos

And so that was cool. and I finally got used to 360ftlbs, and can make it do burnouts while turning ok now. So Im 9th in D1GP USA overall, I have my Pro-Am Invite, and got to do some drift demo in Wisconsin with monster trucks and all that jazz.

This is a video of local stuff with some of the dropfest demo. Inside of the X was prolly 80-85, near zero wheelspeed in third at 7800. I've been fighting a blown wheelbearing that makes for some sick toe changes on the back.

Russell's big video on Vimeo

But thinks to all of the shops who have helped so far
SPL PARTS
Latest Legocentric News and Information
Tuning Concepts

Hopefully I can find some more support for the rest of 2k9, My schedule is pretty intense, the truck should have 40,000 more miles on it by the end of the season. But Im there reguardless.

From here on out this car begins its trek to a backup/missile car, Im starting to build a 2004 STi, and Boost Logic is interested in support for a JZS161 Aristo demo car.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #170
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
very nice russell.

we met a D1.

what thickness lexan did you use??

Im trying to find some on movie sets right now but everything is like 1/2 or more.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #171
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

1/8th, it holds shape ok once its bolted down
Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #172
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
it would have been cool if your path to missile car began with nomuken t-boning you. haha.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #173
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
it would have been cool if your path to missile car began with nomuken t-boning you. haha.
Nomuken would have had to qualify though right?? lol
Oh, the drift box and Nomuken not making it in.
Poetic justice?
irony?
lol?

thanks Russ! thats what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #174
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
Nomuken would have had to qualify though right?? lol
Oh, the drift box and Nomuken not making it in.
Poetic justice?
irony?
lol?

thanks Russ! thats what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #175
ericcastro
Post Whore!

^ I believe thats just practice runs though right?
I know thats Nomuken, cant miss that veritech body kit, but getting taken out in practice dont count.
just sayin.

Had it been in tandem comp, thats a whole other story
Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #176
Choku_Dorian
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Choku_Dorian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mineral wells is he shiz...

sick car sick driving.
Choku_Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #177
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
I really <3 teh cage
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #178
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
^ I believe thats just practice runs though right?
I know thats Nomuken, cant miss that veritech body kit, but getting taken out in practice dont count.
just sayin.

Had it been in tandem comp, thats a whole other story
Yeah, that was first round of Top 16 in Miami.

I nearly totaled my car in a totally different fashion, hit a bump that tried to straight line me towards the wall, barely saved it. Wing end plates over the wall, it didn't feel as balls deep in the car though. Nomura was hanging back waiting for me to murder my car and pass me. When he saw I somehow saved it he was back on my door in like half a second though.

All that nonsense can be seen here.
YouTube - D1GP Miami
Old 06-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #179
ericcastro
Post Whore!

^WOW !!

Impressive save Russell!!
All those years of drifting added up into natural reaction and you saved it.
very impressed!!

No wonder me and Tanaguchi #1 were off. I didnt realize you went to Miami.
I thought that pic was from Anahiem.

YouTube - Miami - Will Smith [Original Video]