Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #151
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Lmao, this guy was cut from the same cloth as your boss. And it was a 4 door m3. I bet his wife didn't let him get a 2 door car.
LOL his wife didn't let him get the 2 door...priceless.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #152
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've never gotten pulled over in my S14 *shrug*.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #153
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here is where I can chime in. Keep in mind these are things I have witnessed and heard of from the people involved.

Theres a group of spoiled rich Indian kids at my highschool. They arent car enthusiasts no matter how much wikipedia can tell them. Anyways, all of them thought it would be cool to dick ride each other so the 3 of them got G35's for their first cars. This is where the stupidity begins. They all think its cool to do donuts at business parks and what not, so thats what they did the first 2 months they had them. One of them ended up blowing his engine, so he bought another G35 (Isnt it great to be spoiled?) Eventually that kid that got another one, go his car impounded. So he gets a S2K. Guess what? In the first week he gets a ticket for burning out (its stock but he doesnt think so) What happens next week? He is going 100 in a 45 and a cop puts on his lights to pull him over. He thinks his car has a million horsepower and he is in Need For Speed so he tries to outrun them. In a stock S2K. Against a Supercharged Crown Vic. Now his license is suspended for a year, and his car is impounded. Again.

Long story short, if you dont drive like its Fast & Furious and think youre the shit, you should be fine.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #154
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Here is where I can chime in. Keep in mind these are things I have witnessed and heard of from the people involved.

Theres a group of spoiled rich Indian kids at my highschool. They arent car enthusiasts no matter how much wikipedia can tell them. Anyways, all of them thought it would be cool to dick ride each other so the 3 of them got G35's for their first cars. This is where the stupidity begins. They all think its cool to do donuts at business parks and what not, so thats what they did the first 2 months they had them. One of them ended up blowing his engine, so he bought another G35 (Isnt it great to be spoiled?) Eventually that kid that got another one, go his car impounded. So he gets a S2K. Guess what? In the first week he gets a ticket for burning out (its stock but he doesnt think so) What happens next week? He is going 100 in a 45 and a cop puts on his lights to pull him over. He thinks his car has a million horsepower and he is in Need For Speed so he tries to outrun them. In a stock S2K. Against a Supercharged Crown Vic. Now his license is suspended for a year, and his car is impounded. Again.

Long story short, if you dont drive like its Fast & Furious and think youre the shit, you should be fine.

hahaha, damn rich kids. It must be nice. They don't take care and appreciate what they have because they did not
have to work hard to get what they have themselves
Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #155
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:

Thats epic. I have some armo kids on my street - also in highschool. They come in all hot down the street and park. Then they rev the shit out of their cars, all of them have bmw, audi, mustangs, genesis, etc. basic ricer cars. I dont really care about what the fuck they do but i get pissed when im playing bf3 and i hear them racing down the main street next to my house. The next time i see or hear them do that im goin to rip them a new one and have a long talk with mommy and daddy.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #156
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantas View Post
Thats epic. I have some armo kids on my street - also in highschool. They come in all hot down the street and park. Then they rev the shit out of their cars, all of them have bmw, audi, mustangs, genesis, etc. basic ricer cars. I dont really care about what the fuck they do but i get pissed when im playing bf3 and i hear them racing down the main street next to my house. The next time i see or hear them do that im goin to rip them a new one and have a long talk with mommy and daddy.
I know dude, theres a group of Indians with Mustangs too but their cool. As for "Audacious" (such a stupid name for a club thats shunned from our local meets), their "love" for high torque V8s + a G35 = BLOWN VQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
hahaha, damn rich kids. It must be nice. They don't take care and appreciate what they have because they did not
have to work hard to get what they have themselves
Which is why I have chosen the path to build my own 2JZ with my uncle and know everything about it, plus work hard cause its all coming from my pocket. Hopefully Ill have it done this year and have best senior car for next year (As long as the damn leadership SNIP, AGAIN! dont pick their own cars)
Old 09-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #157
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
...............deleted post tapatalk is trippin........
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #158
Chapabig
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Chapabig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I never been stopped in my S13
Chapabig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #159
closgatakouki
Zilvia Member

closgatakouki is an unknown quantity at this point
i got pulled over once in my first car 97 kouki because my tags were expired over 4 months they blocked me in lol only gave me a warning lol and all this talk about g35 only reminds me of how much i hated mine got 2 speeding tickets (camera) and a dui and i didnt even drink now i drive rx7 fd3s and got pulled over just so the cop can make me an offer on the car lol fuckag35
closgatakouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #160
jeremyuhh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (51)
jeremyuhh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 51 reviews
got pulled over in this, a stock ass ae72 corolla once for my shitty dual-tip no-name not-even-loud exhaust, got my hood popped (had a 4ac, weber carb, with all smog components removed) cop threatened to take me to the ref, all with my bro, sis, and mom in the car, in thousand oaks. but eventually let me go.

another for overtaking a truck by doing 55 in a 35 ended up getting a $400 speeding ticket in thousand oaks.

third for the same exhaust in reseda, let off with a warning.

a fourth time for going 75 while drizzling and ended up getting a fix it ticket for the same exhaust, on the 101 passing calabasas at 1am with no other cars on the road.

and once in this: a couple of days after i bought it cause my paper work didnt show up after they ran my plates since i just did it the day before. officer told me "why do you have a lowered car? the ride must be shitty" in north hills, but they just let me go.

and not once during the process of becoming this: drove it with no headlights, no bumper, primered hood with sanded spots, mismatched fenders and wheels all at one point and never got pulled over. i sometimes sparked from being so low, and even took out some road reflectors.

i think it depends on how you look. how you drive. and the area youre in. and your luck. haha
jeremyuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:37 AM   #161
brandonp33
Leaky Injector

brandonp33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by estanislao View Post
shoulda told him they dont work lol

He probably would have checked for himself lol

Anyone with money can Drag, only those with skill can Drift.
brandonp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #162
dragonfly

dragonfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok yesterday I went to one the stores that I work at and saw this commercial cop citing a landscape worker in the parking lot ...... I park and went in the store did my job..... After 10min I came out got in my car was about to leave and got pulled over 40 feet from where i was park by the same damn cop that I saw earlier...... And cited me with a ticket for my car being too low and a crack windshield...... What kind Shit is that.... then after when that was done .... Driving down the road with the same cop behind me.... he pulls another car over........ Damn cop must been pissed that day......
dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #163
LA Kings
Zilvia Junkie

LA Kings is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
Ok yesterday I went to one the stores that I work at and saw this commercial cop citing a landscape worker in the parking lot ...... I park and went in the store did my job..... After 10min I came out got in my car was about to leave and got pulled over 40 feet from where i was park by the same damn cop that I saw earlier...... And cited me with a ticket for my car being too low and a crack windshield...... What kind Shit is that.... then after when that was done .... Driving down the road with the same cop behind me.... he pulls another car over........ Damn cop must been pissed that day......
Quota's homeboy. slack off all month, nail everyone within a 40ft radius in 1 day and his job is done.:co ps:
LA Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #164
Nismo240driftSX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Nismo240driftSX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
You see low slung exotic cars like Lambos and Ferraris, but do they ever get pulled over for being too low, no. Why are normal cars any different? What's the difference between a open wastegate and straight pipes on the highway vs a screaming V8? Both are equally as loud but I don't see muscle cars getting crap for being loud. Sometimes the differences just annoy me.
Nismo240driftSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #165
LA Kings
Zilvia Junkie

LA Kings is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo240driftSX View Post
You see low slung exotic cars like Lambos and Ferraris, but do they ever get pulled over for being too low, no. Why are normal cars any different? What's the difference between a open wastegate and straight pipes on the highway vs a screaming V8? Both are equally as loud but I don't see muscle cars getting crap for being loud. Sometimes the differences just annoy me.
I am a ferrari technician by day and i can shed some truth to this. My S13 is less than 1/2'' lower than a stock F430. We have to use special floor jacks to lift ferrari's up just so we can get the arms of the hoist to clear. And the exhaust design ferrari uses is straight up illegal. once you pass a specific RPM the exhaust manifold bypasses the muffler and sends the flow from the head straight through to the catalytic converter (which is only 7'' long) and out the tips. this is why ferraris sound so gnarly when they are flying by you. do that in an S chassis and you will be fined. sense this makes none. i guess the moral of the story is get rich and drive a ferrari???
LA Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #166
t0nyakapb
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
t0nyakapb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I've never got pulled over in my sr coupe just because! I've only had my sr vert for 3 months and cops don't even mind me!!! I think it's really the way you drive! If your going to daily with illegal mods at least make sure you drive normally!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #167
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
i heard stories of thousand oaks, watch out if you rolling through there.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #168
Chay G

Chay G is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Chay G
I got pulled outside my house, "suspicious vehicle", apparently my car is too old for the neighborhood
Chay G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #169
Synergy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Synergy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

Its bullshit they tell us our cars being low is dangerous. As i drive around and see 10 lifted trucks a day that could hit and kill anyone.
Synergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #170
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Because a Ferari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Viper, etc... are actual nice, well-respected sportscars. Sportscars get a pass because most cops think they're cool. Most cops do not think that your little S13 is cool. It's a secretarymobile that you've changed everything about to try and make it cool. The problem is that most of the stuff that you've changed is illegal and cops know that. Cops are out there to catch people doing illegal stuff. It doesn't make any sense to pull over that super loud Ferari when he knows that it's most likely stock and completely legal.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #171
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

ME GUSTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonBrown View Post
This is a dumbass statement. It does not take into account any profiling by police, which of course happens everyday - regardless if you drive a modified 240, EVO, Z33, etc.
How is it a dumbass statement?

I drove a stroker evo with test pipes and full 3" exhaust and an open dump here in San Francisco. Drove by cops every day. There's even a police station at the local mall that I frequent. Didn't get bothered once. Follow the speed limit, don't drive like a jackass, and you decrease your chances of getting pulled over by a shit load. I've seen dumbasses here with 240s that blast by cops with their exhaust like they don't give a fuck. After the cop lights them up I'm sure they say "omg guyz i got pulled over". Well no shit, you have a loud exhaust that smell strongly of gas, and blasted by that cop that was obviously right there. I wonder why you got pulled over?

I guess driving responsibly is impossible for all the 16 year old high school freshmen getting these cars.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #172
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

oh, and if you live in california and get hassled for the "no front plate" do this.

get one of those chunky license plate brackets

like so

put your license plate on it with 2 screws.

like so

put the bracket and plate on the ground and SMASH it with a hammer until it looks like someone backed into you and rendered the bracket unusable.

remove "one" screw to make it look less usable.

throw it in the dirt to make it look more rugged and hardcore. (yeahhhhhhh)

toss it in your trunk along with the other chunks of plastic that flew off.

If cops ask you why you don't have a front plate.

you: Sorry officer, some idiot yesterday backed into me and completely destroyed my front bracket.
cop: prove it.
you: *pop trunk* see officer. The plate is bent and the bracket is unusable. it would be unsafe to mount.
cop: thats unfortunate. try and get it repaired as soon as you can. have a good day.

and for all the kids with these cars. it would help if you weren't high on weed when you got pulled over.

Nomsayin?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #173
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

What department gets supercharged Vics?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #174
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

Quote:

I find this extremely funny. Since I myself own a G35, there's this set of videos on youtube of that.

some arab guys with their stock automatic G35s driving around like dicks.

I present to you.

Arab + Car + Horrible Arab Music

(check out those awesome titles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqd14G0ry4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbany...feature=relmfu
Old 10-03-2012, 05:53 PM   #175
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
What department gets supercharged Vics?
The Marauders that state troopers have, atleast in my state are all supercharged.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #176
Boost_Fiend
Zilvia Member

Boost_Fiend is an unknown quantity at this point
I used to get pulled over in my coupe all the time when I had my hks exhaust. Swapped the muffler out for a vibrant dual tip and haven't been pulled over since. It is funny because I think my set up now is much louder.
Boost_Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #177
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Background:

I drive like I'm driving miss daisy 90%+ of the time.

I basically drive at the speed limit, use my signals, obey all traffic laws, and most of my driving is simply to and from work in rush hour.

Today I decided to stop by the mall after work.
Well, as I'm waiting to turn left at the light entering the mall parking area, a cop pulls up behind me.
I turn left when the light turns green, and as I'm winding through the mall lot looking for a good place to park, the blue lights come on.

Long story short, the she-cop tells me she has notes in her system that I've been warned before about my smoked tails.
She gets my license and insurance and comes back with two tickets:

1. Offense - taillights: 40-8-23(A) - tail light covers are not gdot approved

2. Offense - exhaust system - penalty for violation: 40-8-71 - vehicle blowing excessive smoke

Now IMO this is the typical bs revenue generating force at work.
How many actual crimes were going on while I was pulled over?

Now here comes my defense:

I've had these tails on the car FOR YEARS.
All of a sudden now it's important enough to pull me over for, right?
I was pulled over one time last year (also in Alpharetta) and the officer said my tails were dim but that my brake lights were too bright. (wtf?!)
He really didn't give a shit, as again I feel like he pulled me over bc of the car.
Apparently he wrote something in the copcarputer that he warned me. :/

I overfilled my car by 1.5qts of oil last time I added it.
Yes, there is a little (LITTLE) bit of smoke randomly - usually after I've been driving for a while and then stop at a light then pull off again. It's really minor, but whatever.
I don't even have emissions in my county so pfft.

Anyway, I've been pulled over 6x in a 4 month period a while back - all by the same cop, and all within a mile of my work. It's all been clearly profiling. They usually just check my license and insurance and let me go. Sometimes I'd get told that my tint was too dark (it's legal limit) and then they check it and say nm. Usually though, they dont give a reason for pulling me over. The last time, I got irate and told him I pay his salary with my taxes and that he was profiling me and that I was sick of being harassed. He got mad and wrote me a ticket for a 'dirty license plate,'

After that, I didn't get pulled over for like a year.

But now I've gotten pulled over 3x recently.
I really feel like its because I work in a Latino area, and although I'm not Latino, I suppose I must look like I am to these cops or my car looks 'Mexi' to them.
And the time before this, when I got pulled over in Avondale Estates, the cop was harassing me so bad - he searched my person 2x and literally squeezed my balls both times. He was up in my face asking why my eyes were half shut (I'm half Asian and it was 1am) - yelling so much his spit was flying out of his mouth into my face. He got pissed off and told me to not back away and not to lean on my car. So apparently I'm supposed to stand there and have this dick cop yell in my face 2" away with his spit flying and not lean on my own car? :/
When all was said and done, I didn't get so much as a warning.
But when I said there was no reason to search me or even pull me over, he started saying he was going to write me tickets for exhaust and crossing over the yellow line, and car too low... He was literally just making up offenses that I hadn't done!
I had to start saying 'yes sir' a bunch of times to avoid more harassment because basically it wasn't going to get any better. He was just itching to put me in the back of his car for any excuse he could come up with. Even the other cop that came as backup was looking freaked out at how far over the line this guy was. :/

Now here's a pic of the offensive daily driver:

I'm sure there are some good cops out there, but I just haven't encountered any in a long long time.
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #178
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Got profiled and pulled over in this leaving a friends house with a group of cars late at night in his neighborhood, not even a block from where we left, cop pulls my car over. What sucks was I let a friend drive it while I was in his car. and when the cops pulled him over, the turbo timer was set, so they bitched at that and made him throw the keys out of the car. Sadly they struck gold as I had black top sr20, fmic and all that. Asked to pop hood and got a ref ticket.

2nd time, car was very clean and nice, no decals or loud exhaust. I was speeding around a corner, and got pulled over. and got my hood popped. Ref ticket.

RX7 I got pulled over once, blasting down a freeway on-ramp. Got let go and no thoughts of popping my hood.

When your car is clean, solid one color, matching wheels, no super loud exhaust, front license plate (I like front plates, i dont think they look bad) you won't get much trouble. If you have stupid blast pipes, decals all over your windows, mismatch wheels , crap hanging from your tow hooks etc, than you will get attention. Race still plays a big issue too.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #179
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

^ that turbo timer thing sucks. Whered you have it at? When I had my evo, it was on the mini glovebox by my left knee. So I could hit the manual shutoff.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #180
95s14silvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
95s14silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Some cops are cool and some cops are bored and just looking for a reason to give someone a ticket. Chances are if your driving a ricer looking car thats loud your gonna get pulled over at one point or the other. With that being said if you dont get pulled over for speeding or doing something stupid they probably arent going to give you a citation. So yes you will probably get pulled over more with a bodykit, but consequences wont be too bad.
95s14silvia is offline   Reply With Quote