Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #151
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Hey guys, i wanna buy a fixie, but i'm 5'8 and 250 lbs, and i'm having trouble finding the right pants.

is there a plus size store that sells skinny jeans?

Also would it be mean to go to the city and play invisible rope trick with cyclists?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #152
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Thing is, all people run the risk of getting hit.

Be it on foot, bicycle, motorcycle, car.

Though under all situations, one can and should try their best to avoid it.

What you noticed just goes under the category of wrecklessness due to them thinking they are invincible.
Yes true.

But, if you are a bicyclist and want to be riding around on the street like you own the road, be a nice guy and stop at the sign.
If not, fuck off.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:03 PM   #153
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
Hey guys, i wanna buy a fixie, but i'm 5'8 and 250 lbs, and i'm having trouble finding the right pants.

Also would it be mean to go to the city and play invisible rope trick with cyclists?
Dude.

You are SO witty.

How long did it take you come up with that one?

I mean, seriously.

You are the FIRST person to say something about fashion AND fixies.

No lies.

Nobody thought about cracking a joke at it before.

Seriously bro.

SERIOUSLY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yes true.

But, if you are a bicyclist and want to be riding around on the street like you own the road, be a nice guy and stop at the sign.
If not, fuck off.
Definately.

Bicyclists think that traffic laws don't apply to them; which isn't true.

So if you hit one that runs a stop sign, you can sue HIM/HER for damages that you occurred.

That gives you the perfect time to take some angst out on them.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #154
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
Quote:

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:27 PM   #155
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
XeroX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
God this is turning into a complete hate thread on fixies...lol...

I have been toying with the idea of getting a fixie before this thread started...And i think i might actually dish out and get one sometime this month...im still shopping around...

Ive been thinking about just buying a Mercier kilo TT...Swapping out the front forks so that i can add some front brakes, taking off all the stickers and maybe getting some bullhorn style handlbars...

Is there any options for getting front brakes on the Kilo TT? I have been reading and mostly everyone just gets new forks to accomidate brakes...
XeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #156
d3m14n
Leaky Injector

d3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to d3m14n
xerox, save yourself some money and convert an old road bike from craigslist. put the money you save from buying a complete towards a nice wheelset and crank.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #157
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3m14n View Post
xerox, save yourself some money and convert an old road bike from craigslist. put the money you save from buying a complete towards a nice wheelset and crank.
I found this conversion here locally, but its not fixed gear...i would have to get a new cog and relace it to rim...is it hard to relace rims? ive never done it...i always payed to relace my old BMW wheels

Im kinda short, im only about 5'8ish so i think 52mm frame is about right...

The other i keep finding are wayyy too tall..
Old 06-18-2009, 04:53 PM   #158
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
It's not hate on the bikes.
It's "hate" on the people that ride them like idiots and are a danger to other people on the road.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #159
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's not hate on the bikes.
It's "hate" on the people that ride them like idiots and are a danger to other people on the road.
naw i understand...but hey its whatever...its better than the ricer honda fanboys...at least when they get on their fixies....they get hurt more than your car does...lol

yea some of the mashing i seen on youtube, im like wtf? hella retarded...COOL, but still retarded and extremely unsafe....maybe going fast and what not, and maybe running a few stop signs...as long as your vigalent and NOT unsafe about it...
Old 06-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #160
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
So how do you take a high speed corner on a fixie?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #161
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
So how do you take a high speed corner on a fixie?
sidewayzzzzz
Old 06-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #162
Brian
Post Whore!

Man, I sure do love that frog.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #163
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
sidewayzzzzz
Initial drift?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:18 PM   #164
soldiaboy
Zilvia Member

soldiaboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgasm View Post
i like having gears

amen brah

soldiaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #165
murda-c
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
Initial drift?
haha yea

I wonder how many new riders have caught a pedal and wrecked.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #166
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroX View Post
God this is turning into a complete hate thread on fixies...lol...

I have been toying with the idea of getting a fixie before this thread started...And i think i might actually dish out and get one sometime this month...im still shopping around...

Ive been thinking about just buying a Mercier kilo TT...Swapping out the front forks so that i can add some front brakes, taking off all the stickers and maybe getting some bullhorn style handlbars...

Is there any options for getting front brakes on the Kilo TT? I have been reading and mostly everyone just gets new forks to accomidate brakes...
uh... kilo tt's ARE drilled for both front and rear brakes. also, the decals are under the clear, so unless you want to repaint or cover your bike in electrical tape, they aren't coming off.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #167
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
uh... kilo tt's ARE drilled for both front and rear brakes. also, the decals are under the clear, so unless you want to repaint or cover your bike in electrical tape, they aren't coming off.
hmm i thought that was wierd....meh....im trying to hunt down an old frame at this point anyways...i think ima try to just do it myself...might have more fun doin it..
Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 AM   #168
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
meh.. i dont think its worth it to do a conversion..UNLESS you pretty much get the bike for free. then basically all you have to do is relace a wheel with a fixed hub or buy one off ebay or something.

the kilo tt is already dirt cheap. and if you want cheap cheap theres an se draft for $200 on ebay right now in a 52cm which is the size you said you were looking for if i remember?
Old 06-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #169
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
a buddy of mine just picked up an se draft... its a decent bike he payed 250 for it though but it did come with a set of deep-v's
Old 06-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #170
XeroX
Zilvia Junkie

Well im about 5' 9 ish...so i think 52cm bike should be about right...

I kinda wanan buy something complete and already "fixed up" ... my budjet it 400 bucks pretty much...
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #171
shishcabobers
Zilvia Addict

shishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfectionshishcabobers is close to perfection
I think somebody already said this but, Bikes & Bicycles - Mountain, Road, CycloCross, Hybrid and Comfort bikes from bikesdirect.com .
Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #172
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
a buddy of mine just picked up an se draft... its a decent bike he payed 250 for it though but it did come with a set of deep-v's
thats pretty cheap with the wheels

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #173
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
here's a not-so recent setup of my FTP
i changed the turbo saddle to concor and changed the sug75 drivetrain to duraace
also rear hed3 was sold. i still have my front hed3

pretty generic jdm mods.
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #174
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

nathan is everywhere

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #175
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
nathan is everywhere
<3 duffmannnnn
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #176
d r i f t swift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
d r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the roughd r i f t swift is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroX View Post
Well im about 5' 9 ish...so i think 52cm bike should be about right...

I kinda wanan buy something complete and already "fixed up" ... my budjet it 400 bucks pretty much...
yeah its been said but.. seriously just hit up bikes direct. for 400bucks you can come up on a more than decent bike..
Old 06-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #177
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #178
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by d r i f t swift View Post
meh.. i dont think its worth it to do a conversion..UNLESS you pretty much get the bike for free. then basically all you have to do is relace a wheel with a fixed hub or buy one off ebay or something.

the kilo tt is already dirt cheap. and if you want cheap cheap theres an se draft for $200 on ebay right now in a 52cm which is the size you said you were looking for if i remember?
i think performance bike might still have some 08 drafts around for less than that. they were sub 200 the last time i saw one.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #179
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Quote:
i'm 5'8 and 250 lbs

Built like a brick shithouse I assume.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #180
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
6'1" 140 lbs

skinny jeans huggin my ass
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote