Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:14 AM   #151
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
OH MAH GAWD!!!! VENTS!!! That alone you'll make a killing on LOL
just need to make sure they fit first, unfortunately the OEM bumper is currently covered in fiberglass for molding at the moment so i cant test fit them and no one locally (vegas) has an aero bumper for me to try them out on... so, alas, i have to wait until the OEM bumper is out of molding and i also have to wait for the prototype dorkidori bumper to be wrapped up (gotta make sure they fit BOTH correctly)

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #152
Dek-Thai
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dek-Thai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Patiently waiting..........
Dek-Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #153
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I'm debating selling my OEM bumper for whatever outrageous amount they sell for now so that I can scoop up one of these for probably half the price lol

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:15 AM   #154
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
I'm debating selling my OEM bumper for whatever outrageous amount they sell for now so that I can scoop up one of these for probably half the price lol
ive retired all of my OEM aero to my store room at home now that i make everything in FRP for fear of damage or theft (my skirts and rear valances are both dorkidori made parts). IF i get the OEM aero bumper back (should it survive the molding process which it probably wont), im going to hang on to mine and just keep it stuck in my garage like the aero parts hoarder i am lol

Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 AM   #155
Dek-Thai
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Dek-Thai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
When do u think it'll be done? I wanna grab front side and rear all at once
Dek-Thai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #156
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dek-Thai View Post
When do u think it'll be done? I wanna grab front side and rear all at once
production times are going to differ between the skirts/valances and the bumper. please dont wait on me being finished with the bumper to buy other aero pieces. ordering for the bumper is going to be very different than my other parts! ordering a bumper + other parts will not change any pricing as well. all parts will still cost the same shipped as they all go in different boxes.

and ive already said this numerous times, the prototype will be finished SOON!!! the vents are finished, however the bumper is in fiber glassing right now for the outer shells of the molds. i will update as soon as the molds are finished!

Old 05-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #157
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
signals13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Those aero grills are definitely looking good can't wait ><
signals13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #158
DreamN
Post Whore!

DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Curious, will you be making enough grills to sell those separately? If so, any info on price range?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #159
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Curious, will you be making enough grills to sell those separately? If so, any info on price range?
i have to make them in batches of 40 sets at a time, so yes, i will be making them available as a separate item (this has been part of the plan all along). pricing will more than likely be $85-$100 per set. i wont have final pricing until the project is wrapped up.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:48 AM   #160
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

An update please??
Old 05-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #161
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by signals13 View Post
An update please??
nothing as of yet. i was told something last week, but im not really gonna post anything new until i have a prototype in my possession.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #162
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

DorkiDori Aero Bumper Vents installed in OEM Nissan issue (well, whats left of it anyways) Aero Bumper. I should have my prototype bumper later this week (the bumper is now 100% molded, shop is adjusting small details of inner blocking)

Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #163
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i should have something new to post very soon

Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #164
DreamN
Post Whore!

So umm... you're going to need an unbiased fitment guy. I could easily be that guy and at no charge to you either. I'll just simply pick up a bumper, bring it home with me and send you some shots. Hell, I'll even permanently display it on my car free of charge as well. It'll be like a rolling commercial whenever I drive by pho restaurants and high schools.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #165
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
So umm... you're going to need an unbiased fitment guy. I could easily be that guy and at no charge to you either. I'll just simply pick up a bumper, bring it home with me and send you some shots. Hell, I'll even permanently display it on my car free of charge as well. It'll be like a rolling commercial whenever I drive by pho restaurants and high schools.
i already have a donor car for test fitting here in town. its the same silver s13 that was shown in pictures a few pages back. the test fitting will be done by my body shop as they deal with OEM bumpers every day and are also the guys who test fitted the original OEM bumper so they are already well aware of the spots that needed attention (they spent 3 days jigging it properly to make sure fitment was perfect). thank you for the offer though, i appreciate it

another thing too is i need to personally be present during the test fitting so i can alert my mold shop to any issues with the bumper (should they arise for any odd reason). i will be on hand taking pictures and such with plenty to post by this weekend

and you know im not in cali right?

Old 05-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #166
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Can't wait to buy this
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:14 AM   #167
DreamN
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i already have a donor car for test fitting here in town. its the same silver s13 that was shown in pictures a few pages back. the test fitting will be done by my body shop as they deal with OEM bumpers every day and are also the guys who test fitted the original OEM bumper so they are already well aware of the spots that needed attention (they spent 3 days jigging it properly to make sure fitment was perfect). thank you for the offer though, i appreciate it

another thing too is i need to personally be present during the test fitting so i can alert my mold shop to any issues with the bumper (should they arise for any odd reason). i will be on hand taking pictures and such with plenty to post by this weekend

and you know im not in cali right?
So what you're saying is you need a SoCal rep right?

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
Old 05-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #168
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Ugh, just checked with the shop foreman a few minutes ago, the prototype may not be ready until NEXT Wednesday. The blocking inside of the bumper (where it comes around the sides of the fenders and the center vent) werent 100% so they are working on fitting the pieces perfectly. And the holiday weekend isnt helping as the entire shop is closed Monday (boooooo!). Though he said they are working nonstop to get the mold wrapped ASAP!

Im happy that they are working for perfection, but at the same time the anticipation is killing me! Mind you this is a double sided production based mold so things have to be perfect! Injection based molding is a lot more complicated than fiberglass molds where you lay the material into it.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #169
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

and for those who are curious and think im just BSing on this project, this isnt a simple 2 piece snap together kind of mold... its actually 6 different pieces total (10 if you count the vents). if the pieces dont match perfectly and create a perfect seal, the plastic will shoot out the sides and will not continue flowing thru the rest of the mold. think about it like a turbo setup on an SR, if you have a boost leak, air pushes out and you wind up with an incomplete system. fix the boost leak and things are air tight, nothing escapes... pretty much the same principle with injection based molding.

nissan figured out that having the sides of the bumper going over the fenders was a bad idea after they initially designed and produced the bumper, hence why every S13 bumper after was always made with the fender additions as separate pieces. makes for a much simpler mold. fiberglass doesnt have this issue since its hand laid or shot into a single sided mold.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #170
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

DreamN don't be trying to steal my thunder lol!!
Nice at least the production ready bumper is getting near completion and all that hard work will pay off Lenn.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM   #171
ground_shaking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
ground_shaking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i cant wait to see the finale product
ground_shaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #172
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
DorkiDori OEM S13 Aero Bumpers! AVAILABLE SOON!

A aero lip would be fire. I'll drop my current front end just to adopt that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #173
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadghost View Post
A aero lip would be fire. I'll drop my current front end just to adopt that.

been trying to find one lately, but its funny, the s-chassis crowd doesnt seem to like the fact that im repping hard to find parts. funny how capitalism has turned into a dirty practice or even word for that matter...

i frequently hear "well what do i get out of it if i sell it to you?" my most common response is "the money im going to send you... thats how this works"

Old 05-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #174
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I used to have a nice greddy lip (or so I was told) for silvia aero bumper.
theyre out there just hard to find
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #175
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
DorkiDori OEM S13 Aero Bumpers! AVAILABLE SOON!

Quote:
been trying to find one lately, but its funny, the s-chassis crowd doesnt seem to like the fact that im repping hard to find parts. funny how capitalism has turned into a dirty practice or even word for that matter...

i frequently hear "well what do i get out of it if i sell it to you?" my most common response is "the money im going to send you... thats how this works"

Let's just say "if" I came across one, how would you feel about using/borrowing it as a prototype? I can help you, you can help me, would be smart to have two lips in case one gets thrashed. I'm pretty interested in the aero setup.

IG Holy_khal
Old 05-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #176
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Let's just say "if" I came across one, how would you feel about using/borrowing it as a prototype? I can help you, you can help me, would be smart to have two lips in case one gets thrashed. I'm pretty interested in the aero setup.

im actually trying to find the old bomex aero lip. seems to be the one that i get the most requests for (and its my fav of the bunch anyway, just simple and OEM looking). to be honest, if ive got the cash on hand and you can help me source one in good shape, id be happy to give help you in return on the price when i have em made! i dont mind giving back to people who help me out, its when kids open their mouths and say stupid shit like "well what do i get in return" outside of the usually outrageous amounts of cash i offer for most pieces that pisses me off. i USUALLY offer something in return when its not EXPECTED! i dont get younger guys today. when i was in my early 20s building 240s, i NEVER lipped off the older guys because i always knew they had something to teach me and i was thankful for any and all knowledge theyd share with me (this was back in the early 2000s when 240s and drifting were still relatively unknown to the import world).

right now im almost done paying off the mold costs for the aero bumper and vents (ive got about $3500 left to pay off and i should be done by July at the latest) so when ive got some cash ready, well have a chat the next big thing im putting into production is the OEM S13 zenki lip. ive got one in perfect shape sitting at home on my 2nd bedroom floor (my storeroom) waiting for molding. it will be cast in polyurethane so they will be just like OEM! the kid who sold it to me will be getting a huge discount on his when he picks one up from me simply because he didnt ask, he was SUPER helpful in sending me pics, and when i offered something in return and he politely accepted.

heres the bomex lip im referring too btw...

Old 05-21-2014, 08:01 PM   #177
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

We'll said. I'm smitten on the news. I'll keep you posted on when I come across one. Their out there to be found, just a matter of time.

IG Holy_khal
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #178
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
We'll said. I'm smitten on the news. I'll keep you posted on when I come across one. Their out there to be found, just a matter of time.

like i said, no rush. it probably wont be until fall of this year that ill have the funds to do it. ive got 2 new styles of valances coming out for both the s13 hatch and coupe this year which is going to be another huge thing! you guys will finally have something that matches more aggressive aero they will be original pieces, though im taking influence from really rare pieces ive discovered in japan, but they wont be copies of anything.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #179
signals13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
im actually trying to find the old bomex aero lip. seems to be the one that i get the most requests for (and its my fav of the bunch anyway, just simple and OEM looking). to be honest, if ive got the cash on hand and you can help me source one in good shape, id be happy to give help you in return on the price when i have em made! i dont mind giving back to people who help me out, its when kids open their mouths and say stupid shit like "well what do i get in return" outside of the usually outrageous amounts of cash i offer for most pieces that pisses me off. i USUALLY offer something in return when its not EXPECTED! i dont get younger guys today. when i was in my early 20s building 240s, i NEVER lipped off the older guys because i always knew they had something to teach me and i was thankful for any and all knowledge theyd share with me (this was back in the early 2000s when 240s and drifting were still relatively unknown to the import world).

right now im almost done paying off the mold costs for the aero bumper and vents (ive got about $3500 left to pay off and i should be done by July at the latest) so when ive got some cash ready, well have a chat the next big thing im putting into production is the OEM S13 zenki lip. ive got one in perfect shape sitting at home on my 2nd bedroom floor (my storeroom) waiting for molding. it will be cast in polyurethane so they will be just like OEM! the kid who sold it to me will be getting a huge discount on his when he picks one up from me simply because he didnt ask, he was SUPER helpful in sending me pics, and when i offered something in return and he politely accepted.

heres the bomex lip im referring too btw...

Dang I had that lip once and sold it because I didn't have the aero bumper lol. I sold it to 1gr8bar10der.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #180
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
here is a request:

when you make the s13 zenki lip, can you possibly make one that fits the s13 silvia j/q/k's bumper instead of the way people are rigging it up because it's not a perfect fit and leaves a sagging lip in the middle?

that would probably sell really well and I'm sure a lot of guys are ditching s13 zenki bumpers anyways for chuki/kouki/aftermarket bumpers. pignose doesn't seem too popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote