Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #151
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Just because its the internet doesnt mean its not serious. Thats the problem with these conversations.

@kingkilburn - We believe we are called Mongoloids
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 02:41 AM   #152
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Just because its the internet doesnt mean its not serious. Thats the problem with these conversations.

right back at ya, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

your turn
Old 08-09-2011, 02:48 AM   #153
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
uh what?

I just happened across this. Funny timing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pJuedzzLXE
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #154
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Why do you think the army and marine corps are made up of mostly minorities, with African Americans being the largest group?
dude you have some warped figures. i've been a marine for 7 years and thats def not the case. either way it's a 100% un biased and predjudice free enviroment. minority has nothing to do with it. he's just saying that if you absolutley are doing everything you can to better yourself and it's not working out...a four year stint in the military is a giant boost that sets you up for future success.

Last edited by sidewaysil80; 08-09-2011 at 08:16 AM..
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #155
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
<-----been harassed his whole life aswell!

brought my first car!

nothing but the ugliest looks

get pulled over in my new first car

"Is this yours" comments

5 years later still!

"proof of ownership" comments

I like nice things!

buy nice ass watches...

"can you afford this" comments

"no lay away" comments

I'll end with some Kanye West

"EVEN IF YOU IN A NISMO YOU STILL A N***** IN A COUPE"

I'll go back to Africa, I've been there. If they (various people) stop rapping the continent!
I'd like to comment on your posts.

Your first comment about your new car. Cops pay attention to all people who look 16. It's a cops job to enforce the law. A new driver is more likely to not be following the law. I got pulled over more often when I was 16 than I do now and I have the same driving habits now.

Is this yours comment: if you are 16-18 it's very probably you don't own a car yet.

Proof of ownership comment: they ask for registration everytime you get pulled over. How is this remotely racist.

Buy nice ass watches: did you walk in there looking like a bum? I've been asked when new car shopping if I can afford their cars and I simply state I wouldn't be looking if I couldn't. Easy as that.

No lay away: if you aren't a broke ass what do you need layaway for. Seems that guy selling watches read you well.

And I'm glad you quoted kanye west. As if he isn't the staple of uneducated people making money. Don't quote him like he's anybody worth hearing speak.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:19 AM   #156
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Why do you think the army and marine corps are made up of mostly minorities, with African Americans being the largest group?
It doesn't feel anything like it when you're there. Of this i can speak.

Quote:
And I agree I think class has as much to do with it as race.
Badass concession

Quote:
my whole original point, if anyone remembers was that its hard if not impossible for one to put themselves in another races shoes, in regards to specific situations, such as dealing with law enforcement.
Agree*10000000000000

Obviously black people are going to face struggles as have always. I just don't like the way its made out to be as hopeless and neverending as it is. There are choices that are made that perpetuate this just as much as historic events. History stands, I get that a people were bred, but to present the fact as anything other than a trivial fact is detrimental. How is anyone ever supposed to have any self worth when they think that way. The thought that one is a product of unfavorable breeding and the thought that one will be something of value to society one day don't exactly go hand in hand. I can't pretend to know what it's like to be another race but I know if I thought like that it would negatively effect my self image.

I hope I live to see the end of the race issue. I've seen racism down in my mind and seen it dwindle in my family and friends. I hope to see some return though.

To go back to the original post of the video. He got his kid back because he knew the law. Had he pushed a race issue instead of a procedural one I don't see it ending the same.
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:20 AM   #157
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Kingbaby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post

Your first comment about your new car. Cops pay attention to all people who look 16. It's a cops job to enforce the law. A new driver is more likely to not be following the law. I got pulled over more often when I was 16 than I do now and I have the same driving habits now.

Is this yours comment: if you are 16-18 it's very probably you don't own a car yet.

Proof of ownership comment: they ask for registration everytime you get pulled over. How is this remotely racist.

Buy nice ass watches: did you walk in there looking like a bum? I've been asked when new car shopping if I can afford their cars and I simply state I wouldn't be looking if I couldn't. Easy as that.

No lay away: if you aren't a broke ass what do you need layaway for. Seems that guy selling watches read you well.

And I'm glad you quoted kanye west. As if he isn't the staple of uneducated people making money. Don't quote him like he's anybody worth hearing speak.
I wish my friend you where right!

I'm not going to goninto everything. From your responses you along with other people still don't see where I was coming from with some of the situations.

I was 24 and and E-5 in the military when buying my first car!

Still at 28 with a wife and kid. My car at first glance isn't mines!

When does a cop ask for liscense registration?

Cop: hey is this your car
Me: yes sir
Cop: let me see the registration and some ID
Me: Roger that

Lmao funny every time it happen, sad that half the time I've never gotten a ticket, and I have gotten many tickets.

I don't wear long t-shirts or baggy pants!

These nice watches or 6-800 nothing super expensive! Why the need to state that there is no payment plan or lay away to me.

Happen many of times! That's what I'm trying to point out with that kanye west line. You clearly couldn't grasp.

It means even though I am an upper middle class African American. It doesn't mean shit.

Do you understand now?

I wish that at the end of life when we all at the gates I along with others playback moments in 1080p HD from every angle imaginable. So that you non colored folks get the picture!

Cause these damn words do nothing!
#0191 "Lin'da" 2AMR>2AMR>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
That's pretty cool. Never sell it, you'll regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
I donut see an FC on this page, man
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #158
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:

theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #159
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
What the FUCK is wrong with you? Seriously? Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

This is not flaming or trolling. I am stupefied by this comment.

EDIT
Go find what we call each other versus what the government has decided we will be called. Are we ni__ers, negros, afro-american- african american or black? Maybe we are Negroids. All of those were accepted terms at one point but did anyone bother to ask us what we want to be called. Fuck no. So we took what they wished to beat us down with a gained strength from it and built a new identity.
Your and others ignorance on this whole subject is showing how far we have to go before there is any sort of unity in America.

You truly don't understand and you seemingly have no wish to.
calling yourself something other than american, does nothing but damage the sense of unity...

and yes i know this whole topic is way off topic
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #160
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Mongoloids are Asians. As in East asians not India or Arabs.

Quote:

Have you ever been in the situation where the cop's first words to you are asking you to step out of the car and the second words are where did you steal this car?

Do you know how insulting that is?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #161
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Makes you wanna quit
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #162
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
calling yourself something other than american, does nothing but damage the sense of unity...

and yes i know this whole topic is way off topic
Are you a troll or just stupid? You sit there saying the most ignorant crap that is deeply insulting and then bounce on the subject when you have no reply. Then you try to slyly work it from another angle that you think can make you sound like a smart level headed person.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #163
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Mongoloids are Asians. As in East asians not India or Arabs.
I know, it was a joke.

In American history X they refer to us as mongoloids. So did dave chappele.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #164
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Gotcha. lol I haven't seen that movie in years.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:23 PM   #165
NissanEnthus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
NissanEnthus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
I know, it was a joke.

In American history X they refer to us as mongoloids. So did dave chappele.
...I got that one right away...funny thing is I just saw American History X last week
NissanEnthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #166
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Great movie!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #167
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Nice to see every thread on Zilvia where there is a black guy and a white guy turn into some sort of debate.

What you fail to realize is you were both arguing from two totally different topics of conversation, and never really tried to see where the other was coming from.

Now while I do agree that some groups have priorities set in the wrong place, and that is why they're in the situation they're in, I also agree that there are some prejudices that some people have to overcome regardless of their skin color.

The only thing we can do to overcome stereotypes is to not act/be them.

You may not be a stereotype but the average person WILL be. Stereotypes exist for a reason, regardless of weather or not they're right or wrong.

Adversely challenge someone that would press a stereotype upon you, and change their mind.

Becoming open minded doesn't just happen, it takes opportunity and experience.

For every time there was a cop that pulled you over for profiling you, I'm sure you blew his socks off, right? He probably ended up letting you go because you were SUCH a model citizen, I'm sure.

Because you weren't perpetuating any sort of stereotype and he had no reason to assume you weren't some car thief, or some asshole with a chip on his shoulder.

Cops do have a stressful job, and they're not sure how you're going to react. But I'm sure they can guess based on dealing with people of similar skin color/type/race or whatever it may be.

(After all them pulling you over isn't already putting you in a bad mood.)

Regardless of how you feel it is a confrontation between Johnny Law and Mr. ideal Zilvian.

Instead of always being on the side of the victim, think about how the cop feels when he pulls you over, and why he might have some hostility towards you.

Does he know you're unarmed because you drive a BMW, Benz, or 240SX? Would it be safe to assume not?

All I'm saying is, if you guys are going to have an argument, before hottily replying to one another, take into account what they're really saying and why they might be saying it so that you can have a discussion rather than an argument.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #168
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

I haven't even started to argue!

I'm trying to get a situation across!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #169
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Who better to see both sides than a 20 something half black half white male?

lol
Old 08-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #170
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

Being mixed is a blessing!

My son is half black half chinese!

I cry and smile at the life he has to live!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #171
Wake
Premium Member

Im black american, dominican and venezuelan

but people assume Im black and white.

So I would say the three major "black" contributers in this thread probably have the most equal view of both sides.
And while I may not be able to completely put myself in a cops shoes. Im sure that they have already made assumptions about me in order to decide to pull me over. That is the inherent problem with this argument.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-09-2011, 04:13 PM   #172
Kingbaby
Zilvia Junkie

I always wonder why they pull me over....

I look over like!

How can I help you officer...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #173
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
Being mixed is a blessing!

My son is half black half chinese!

I cry and smile at the life he has to live!
Yeah, so am I.

It's not a big deal.

When you start identifying more often than not the bullshit cops have to put up with from our "stereotypes" the more you start to identify with them.

You can't change how the cop's attitude when he enters the interaction you two are about to have, but you can change the way he thinks about you afterwards.

Think about that. Some people are way too reactionary.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #174
dat411kid
Zilvia Addict

dat411kid is a well-known jackass
^The thread needed that to lighten up the mood...

haha
Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #175
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Yeah, so am I.

It's not a big deal.

When you start identifying more often than not the bullshit cops have to put up with from our "stereotypes" the more you start to identify with them.

You can't change how the cop's attitude when he enters the interaction you two are about to have, but you can change the way he thinks about you afterwards.

Think about that. Some people are way too reactionary.
I agree people are waaay to reactionary.

However we are talking more about cause than effect.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #176
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

The cause is one of those things he was talking about.

Something you cannot change.

It is something you must accept.

The only thing you have the ability to do is be an example for other people, and use that ability to try to influence others.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #177
Wake
Premium Member

Agreed.

Which all of the "black people' in this thread have said they try to do. Unfortunately that is hardly the sentiment of the masses. As you know.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-11-2011, 09:32 AM   #178
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
The cause is one of those things he was talking about.

Something you cannot change.

It is something you must accept.

The only thing you have the ability to do is be an example for other people, and use that ability to try to influence others.
I sincerely hope you are in a position to influence many.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #179
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I sincerely hope you are in a position to influence many.
I have had enough positive African American role models in my life to know how to act, and seen enough negatively conceived African Americans to know how not to act.

Also, often I have been told that I'm not black at all, but that's because the generalization of the African American male is to speak incorrectly, be inconsiderate, and be perceived as someone of low intelligence.

I don't talk much to people I don't know.

But then again, I look Filipino to a lot of people that aren't racially aware.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #180
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I have had enough positive African American role models in my life to know how to act, and seen enough negatively conceived African Americans to know how not to act.

Also, often I have been told that I'm not black at all, but that's because the generalization of the African American male is to speak incorrectly, be inconsiderate, and be perceived as someone of low intelligence.

I don't talk much to people I don't know.

But then again, I look Filipino to a lot of people that aren't racially aware.
One would think that would be the goal... Maintain a less conspicuous profile, blend, and reap all the rewards.