Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #151
brainfood
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta240 View Post
How much does a good/competitive set-up cost these days? I've been out of it so long and have NO CLUE what it will cost to get back into with NICE stuff.
Depends on how serious you want to get. Just got my roomate a mini that shoots great and plenty fast. It's not as smooth or quiet as my g6r but I get just as many eliminations with his gun as my g6r. I payed $150 for it used. Plus tank and a good hopper and mask you're looking at around $500-600. But you could easily spend way more then that on just the gun. Just avoid cheap guns because you'll end up just buying another gun if you keep playing and it's a waste. Search pbnation for good cheap used guns because of you get a decent deal on a used gun you won't loose much if you decide to sell it down the road.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2011, 03:57 PM   #152
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Lets put it this way.......last time I played was a good 10 years ago.

At that time, tipman was shit, spyder was the lowest you'd want to play with, autococker and automag was the gold standard. And Angels(full auto) were the shit that only rich people had.

I'm looking to get back in with on the automag/autococker level of todays guns. If that makes any sense.....lol. Guns I used to run were 500-700 for the gun. Sounds like thats enough to get something decent in todays market....no? Do people play with full autos any more?
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #153
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
DS562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Do people play with full autos any more?
shit, they might as well.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #154
brainfood
Post Whore!

brainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond reputebrainfood has a reputation beyond repute
Full auto isn't allowed at most fields people usually ramp now. So after 4 trigger pulls it ramps to 12-30 bps depending on the gun and board settings. The invert mini I picked up that I mentioned above ramps to 15bps no problem which is more then fast enough. Mechanical and electric cockers are still available used but not that common because there are just a lot nicer guns out now. Most older cockers have been converted to pumps now like my oracle.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #155
gotta240
Post Whore!

gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
haha. WTF... This is crazy to me.

PUMPS?!?!?! Like, one pump, one ball? Is it just to make the game more difficult?

Ramping?- So it turns into full auto after 4 pulls of the trigger? Or it just shoots as fast as you can squeeze?
Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #156
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

PUMPS?!?!?! Like, one pump, one ball? Is it just to make the game more difficult?

Ramping?- So it turns into full auto after 4 pulls of the trigger? Or it just shoots as fast as you can squeeze?
Pumps died off lie 15yrs ago when the spyder came out. They really were the only ones that could get at me. Sucks getting hit in your bracing hand cause that's the only thing sticking out.
Even closed bolt semi's put some top spin on the ball when you start rocking and rolling. You can get a lot more range out of a pump with its flatter trajectory. What's old is new.

Ramping works different ways depending on what league you are in. Some you just have to pull the trigger at a minimum PPS(7.5) others you have to pull the trigger 3 times then hold it down. You are still capped at 10-15 balls per second. They use devices similar to what they use for shooting competitions to count the BPS.
There are also illegal ramping software for leagues and fields that don't allow it. They have usually have variable BPS or it stutters shots to make it look normal. Need a minimum PPS to initiate. Activating the mode is usually hidden also so it will pass tech.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:54 PM   #157
just a guy
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
just a guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

ya pumps is the way to go
i have my autococker that i converted and its sick
just a guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:17 PM   #158
gotta240
Post Whore!

Why is it "sick"?

Cause its different? Or cause it shoots flatter as the guy above said? I dont see how turning a semi-auto into a pump is "sick"? Not being an ass or sarcastic, just still trying to grasp the idea.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:44 PM   #159
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

honestly, if you're the economic player, pump is the way to go. you can play an entire day with 1000 rounds. pocket hoppers held what? 50rnds? and because you're shooting significantly less than semi-players, your gun's valve recharges more consistently giving you virtually 0 drop.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #160
SoCalDrifter
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
SoCalDrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
anyone looking to buy any guns i have a few i dont play anymore so i could give you a good deal on my guns and equipment i used to play D3 so have alot of good stuff if you need anything send me a pm
SoCalDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #161
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS562 View Post
honestly, if you're the economic player, pump is the way to go. you can play an entire day with 1000 rounds. pocket hoppers held what? 50rnds? and because you're shooting significantly less than semi-players, your gun's valve recharges more consistently giving you virtually 0 drop.
Not only this but I notice most pump players tend to be better when using a semi auto because they are more concentrated on each individual shot vs spray and pray. My whole reason for switching to pump was that It's
Much easier on the wallet. It's also fun to take people out that have much more expensive guns, and they look at you and see that you don't have anything fancy and have a huge look of disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:11 PM   #162
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
I totally forgot to mention this! If any of you have the game Half-Life (the original) for PC, there's a really fun mod for it called Digital Paintball. I'd say it's pretty much as close of a paintball experience as you can get short of gearing up and stepping foot on a real field.

To download it you just have to Google "Digital Paintball 2.1" and choose a source. Make sure you don't get "Digital Paintball Gold" because that's a different version. Add me on Steam if any of you guys decide to try it out, my username is '_fortune'.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #163
rpierce
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
rpierce is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I haven't played for a few years. Ran out of money due to motorcycles and cars and the like.

Here was my last gun. I don't have any final pictures but it had a Tadao board and I eventually got a white anodized 2 piece Marq barrel to match before I sold it.

rpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #164
DS562
Zilvia FREAK!

^ one of 2 guns i always wanted. the other is the karnivor.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #165
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I love my orracle pump budd orr gave me.. i play with it whenever im not playing a tournament, if you can do anything with a pump you can do with a ego, playing with a ego is like killing a fly with a flame thrower.
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #166
brainfood
Post Whore!

I play half day with the pump usually and half day with the G6R, I get a lot more satisfaction out of pump eliminations especially playing against people with ego's that are ramping. Pump has also made me a better semi player because I plan my shots a little more. Wait that extra half second to get a clean shot instead of just shooting at the first thing that moves.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #167
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Suprisingly I've never played pump, however I am looking to build a custom Autococker for walk on play. Shooting a case and half weekly is a killer on my wallet lol.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #168
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
P
Even closed bolt semi's put some top spin on the ball when you start rocking and rolling. You can get a lot more range out of a pump with its flatter trajectory.
I know WGP was praising closed bolt technology back in the days... but I can't believe people still think this!!

Just about all bolts is just an open face venturi bolt from Spyders to Cockers to Proto Matrixes to Egos. Theres no backspin technology going on.

The only way to get more range out of a paintball is using a Tippmann Flatline or that other barrel that puts a back spin on the paintball, but quite honestly, at that extra distance, the paintball wont break on any impact.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #169
alexanderig
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
alexanderig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/42644...ball-gear.html
alexanderig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #170
lovdrifting52
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
lovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her selflovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
anyone wanna buy a eblade orracle autocker or trade for a legit pump?? let me kno pm me or if u got a pump marker for sale
lovdrifting52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:19 AM   #171
andisan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
andisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymoreandisan is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^^pictures of the orracle, is it a mini? and is it E2?
Old 01-02-2012, 11:08 AM   #172
lovdrifting52
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
lovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her selflovdrifting52 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
ill pm u and here a pic
lovdrifting52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #173
rybo760
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
rybo760 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
I totally forgot to mention this! If any of you have the game Half-Life (the original) for PC, there's a really fun mod for it called Digital Paintball. I'd say it's pretty much as close of a paintball experience as you can get short of gearing up and stepping foot on a real field.

To download it you just have to Google "Digital Paintball 2.1" and choose a source. Make sure you don't get "Digital Paintball Gold" because that's a different version. Add me on Steam if any of you guys decide to try it out, my username is '_fortune'.
I thought I was the only one who played that haha back when I did most of the pros played it too
rybo760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #174
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Here was my gun before I sold it. Not the prettiest, but I loved it.

bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #175
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i have like a 2003 cocker i want to pump lol. i never really play anymore though
i play airsoft more than anything
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #176
brainfood
Post Whore!

Just pick up a ccm kit Grant. Pump is a lot of fun and so rewarding when you get someone with an ego or electro that is ramping like crazy.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:37 AM   #177
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
i play airsoft with two g18cs and a grenade launcher against guys with machine guns.

im used to being crafty
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #178
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

I finally put it back together
Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #179
tommytwo40hands
Leaky Injector

tommytwo40hands is an unknown quantity at this point
I love and still play tournament paintball..playing the AVID series with team HIGH AND MIGHTY for the 2012 series, figured I'd show you guys a video that our boy from DYNAMICTECH made for us this year..Got to grind out with pro team Vicious this winter. That shit was a blast!

Paintball : 2011 Teams Practice High and Mighty, Kick'n,DSS, Vicious. ( Short ) - YouTube

(if you like this video you should check out some of his work on youtube)
tommytwo40hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #180
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Why is it "sick"?

Cause its different? Or cause it shoots flatter as the guy above said? I dont see how turning a semi-auto into a pump is "sick"? Not being an ass or sarcastic, just still trying to grasp the idea.
I love pump becuase this gets too easy, i can avrage about 28 bps on simi.
even with my pump i use a vlocity or empire b or some force feed hopper becuase i shoot my pump faster than most spyders.. ill bring like 4 pods out with me and go through all 4, but im talking like having to apply pressure to people and such and playing very aggressively
unless im playing a tournament ill almost always play pump.. i only bring out my ego wheni really need to put the hurt on someone lol