Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #151
aristrutin

Trader Rating: (0)
aristrutin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is a car forum. Not a religion forum.
aristrutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #152
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristrutin View Post
LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

It helps to read....
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #153
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mr. Kilburn your assumptions about my belief are pretty wild. Do you think I believe the world is 5000 years old, NO. How do I know if those people were Muslim or not, because I know enough about Islam that I can confidently say they weren't Muslim. Have you read the entire old testament? Are you sure there are only two whose only differences are a single letter?
Old 01-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #154
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline racer510 View Post
Mr. Kilburn your assumptions about my belief are pretty wild. Do you think I believe the world is 5000 years old, NO. How do I know if those people were Muslim or not, because I know enough about Islam that I can confidently say they weren't Muslim. Have you read the entire old testament? Are you sure there are only two whose only differences are a single letter?
I have a couple questions, and if you could, please give yes or no answers as thats all they require.

1. Are you religious? and If so, what religion do you consider to practice?
2. Do you consider the bible to be an accurate representation of what god thinks and provides a moral compass for humans to live by?
3. Is there such thing as 'Free will'?

We'll start with those three, and please, they are yes or no questions, so feel free to explain, as long as there is a yes or no answer.
ryandh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #155
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
1. yes
2.no
3.yes
Old 01-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #156
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristrutin View Post
It's fucktards like you that make Florida look like a 3rd world country.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #157
ryandh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
ryandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
1. yes
2.no
3.yes
Which religion?

So if your religious, why do you not believe in the 'book of the lord'?
And also, believing in 'Free will' smiply implies that god is not all powerfull.
ryandh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #158
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Quote:
I have said this far too many times. If you have even an ounce of faith you CAN NOT pick and choose what to believe in the bible.

You think you know enough. The fact is your claim that they aren't holds no more sway than mine that they are but the overwhelming opinion of the world is that they were.

Yes I have read it. Yes, in the original language it was written in the ONLY difference between the two versions there are is a single letter.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 AM   #159
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, Anglican, Roman Catholic, Heutterite, Orthodox, Mennonite ... I'm thinking you really can believe what you want with the bible.

Nice to have experts in here though. Everything is left and right, cut and dry isn't it.

The bible isn't an answer key, its a way of life. ..with old scripture, written by very different people from many different backgrounds.

that said, it doesn't say dinosaurs didn't exist, gays should be banished, the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth. It doesn't even denounce evolution either. We assume it does. Through science, we are only starting to figure out the fabric of space and time, and dimensions. 'God', is on a completely different realm then we are. He may have created us in his own image, but it doesn't mean that didn't take a billion years. 7 days? maybe... but who wrote that and what does 7 days mean in 'god time'.

We will destroy ourselves many times over before we figure it out. I believe the bible can teach you to love life. Its been a few years sense I've gone over it, and I appear in church maybe once a month at best... It doesn't mean I try to treat others like Jesus did. Remember; Jesus talked to prostitutes, diseased people, and criminals like they were brothers, because they are. He also 'turned water into wine' with his brothers... sounds like he was a pretty cool hippy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
Yes I have read it. Yes, in the original language it was written in the ONLY difference between the two versions there are is a single letter.
You understand Greek, Aramaic, Hebrew...or what?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #160
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Creation of the World - A Brief Biblical History

Moses wrote it.
A day is a day. That was never intended for some mystical interpretation.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:18 AM   #161
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Moses was a man, and a mortal will never fully understand god. Moses also came before Jesus by a long shot. Where did Moses get his information from on the creation of earth? We know he got the commandments from god on a stone tablet.

also, in reference to Psalm 137, that was in reference to god 'cleansing' full cities of corrupt broken people? Also before Jesus if I remember.

Did you go to a Catholic church?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #162
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

If you actually read the bible you would know that it claims he got it straight from god and sat down and wrote about half the old testament even seeing his own death in the writings as he did it.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #163
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

going to make me work for this one, lol? I didn't believe it was actually written, but assumed being he held the commandments.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #164
jvsc91talon

jvsc91talon is an unknown quantity at this point
First of all, Hitler was not an atheist he was a roman catholic. No one has ever killed anyone in the name of atheism, sometimes bad people do bad things. On the other hand, do we really need to point out the hundreds of times in history when religion was the sole purpose behind mass murder, rape, child abuse, etc. The whole suicide bombing community is entirely due to religion, oh and how about child genital mutation, entirely religion. ALL historic religions were a man made attemp of primitive people trying to explain things they didnt understand, and the newer more retarded religions(Mormon,Scientology etc) are obvious scams for financial improvement. If the bible was "breathed" through god, how come it has such little relevance to modern civilization? Show me 1 passage from the bible that couldnt have been written by a primitive man, not 1 mention of electicity or DNA or dinosaurs or a round earth or any detailed mention of the universe, from a supposed omniscient being in the sky. The bible is so laughably false i find it outrageous that so many people in the 21st century still believe its nonsense. Imagine what could have been accomplished or how much more advanced we would be if we gave up all the fairy tales called religion along time ago.
jvsc91talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #165
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
^^^ Win. Let's skip all the bs and get onto reality here.
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #166
jvsc91talon

Genesis is the best book to refute the bible. On the first day god created light, but didnt make stars or the sun until the fourth day? Plants, grass, trees, etc were made on the 3rd day, but again, the sun wasnt created until the 4th day. So there goes the "day is not a day" theory. Why did a loving god tempt adam and eve with the "tree of knowledge" and then create the evil in which to inflict upon them? Why did god punish the serpent with crawling on his belly when it was the devil inside the serpent doing the bad, just like when jesus cast demons out and sent them into pigs who then jumped off a cliff. The bible has a obsession with punishing innocent things. Back on topic, when god kicked them out of eden they had to plow the soil themselves. Who taught them that when they didnt have to do that in eden? When cain killed able, who was he scared of killing him when there was only adam, eve and himself on earth. Who did cain marry when again it was just him and his 2 parents? There are so many different topics of how the bible is either false, immoral and just plain retarded that i can go on and on.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #167
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Dany is an unknown quantity at this point
Jesus loves you
Dany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #168
jvsc91talon

The real sad and evil part is, all the evil things that have occurred and are occurring today in the name of religion are just put off as misinterpretation of their holy book by believers. But if you wanna be real, they arent reading it wrong, they did exactly what their god told them to do through their bible, if you choose to follow the bible why are you choosing only what you think is moral or right. If you say god is real, god says the punishment for breaking his 10 commandments is death, among the MANY other petty "crimes" are punishable by stoning or death. Who are you to call yourself a believer if you are picking and choosing what to follow. This book not only supports but condons slavery, rape, murder, human sacrifice, sexism and racism. I wonder if you christians are aware of "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB) Or “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Modern christians are fake christians. I also find it comical that christians are so extremely against gays when their "messiah" never mentioned a word of it. God talked about abolishing gays in the OLD testament, you know the one you guys dont follow no more when your called on bullshit but only when it serves you.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #169
jvsc91talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany View Post
Jesus loves you
Tell that to the holocaust victims and their families, you know, the ones who were the chosen and "protected" ones of god. I wonder if god was in the ovens with them? God can part seas for the historical jews but he cant turn the gas off???
Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #170
jvsc91talon

oh and to all you benny hinn and pat robertson 700 club fans, if "godly men" are healing people how come they cant heal amputees, down syndrome, autism, and the many other INCURABLE diseases and illness. If jesus was so loving, why didnt he heal blindness instead of a few blind people? The power of healing and miracles are just as fake and absurd as the powers of ms. cleo , john edward, and silvia browne. Again, "magic, demonic possesion, sorcery" are all failed attempts of primitive man trying to explain things they dont understand. Ask the victims of the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre if they agree that the mother of the shooter did the right thing by bringing her son to a priest for an "exorcism" instead of seeking doctors help for his MENTAL ILLNESS(not demonic possesion.)
Old 03-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #171
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvsc91talon View Post
Tell that to the holocaust victims and their families, you know, the ones who were the chosen and "protected" ones of god. I wonder if god was in the ovens with them? God can part seas for the historical jews but he cant turn the gas off???
everything happens for a reason bro.. dont ask me.. just cuz i said Jesus loves you doesnt mean i have all the answers to ur question.. jews went against Jesus and killed him but it just had to happen that way cuz he died for our sins he gave us a second chance.. why are all these innocent ppl being killed? idk but God knows.. theirs bad ppl out their were not all good.. thats where the devil comes in and works his ways on earth.. as days pass its getting worse and God can save u
Old 03-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #172
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
oh and to all you benny hinn and pat robertson 700 club fans, if "godly men" are healing people how come they cant heal amputees, down syndrome, autism, and the many other INCURABLE diseases and illness. If jesus was so loving, why didnt he heal blindness instead of a few blind people? The power of healing and miracles are just as fake and absurd as the powers of ms. cleo , john edward, and silvia browne. Again, "magic, demonic possesion, sorcery" are all failed attempts of primitive man trying to explain things they dont understand. Ask the victims of the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre if they agree that the mother of the shooter did the right thing by bringing her son to a priest for an "exorcism" instead of seeking doctors help for his MENTAL ILLNESS(not demonic possesion.)
why are u so against God bro? the world is not ment to be perfect. were not God so were not perfect were human and we have a path to choose.. its ur life u can do watevr u want but just give him a chance.. he died for u and gave u chance..
Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #173
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
First of all, Hitler was not an atheist he was a roman catholic. No one has ever killed anyone in the name of atheism, sometimes bad people do bad things. On the other hand, do we really need to point out the hundreds of times in history when religion was the sole purpose behind mass murder, rape, child abuse, etc. The whole suicide bombing community is entirely due to religion, oh and how about child genital mutation, entirely religion. ALL historic religions were a man made attemp of primitive people trying to explain things they didnt understand, and the newer more retarded religions(Mormon,Scientology etc) are obvious scams for financial improvement. If the bible was "breathed" through god, how come it has such little relevance to modern civilization? Show me 1 passage from the bible that couldnt have been written by a primitive man, not 1 mention of electicity or DNA or dinosaurs or a round earth or any detailed mention of the universe, from a supposed omniscient being in the sky. The bible is so laughably false i find it outrageous that so many people in the 21st century still believe its nonsense. Imagine what could have been accomplished or how much more advanced we would be if we gave up all the fairy tales called religion along time ago.
Give God a chance what did he ever do to u? christianity is not religion bcuz its not made up christianity is the real thing.. its all about faith bro if ur negative all the time u cant accomplish nothing. nothing!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #174
jvsc91talon

Things dont happen for a "reason" they happen because they happen. Hahaha so your saying that god punished the jews during the holocaust because you think they betrayed and killed jesus? Im not sure if your aware but god sent his son on a suicide mission from the start, he was meant to die. I have 1 question for you or other belivers if they want to answer. Approximately how many years has man been on earth? The bible suggests less than 10,000 years, but now due to modern scientific research that is completely false. So thats where we get the "day isnt a day" nonsense. Well according to one of the very very few christian scientist, who is very well known and appreciated and happens to be head of the human genome project thinks man could have been here a little less than 100,000 years. What do you think?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:44 PM   #175
jvsc91talon

Allah and Krishna never did anything to you but you claim they arent real. Have you given them a chance? Christianity is just as much included in the definition of religion as your god is included in a club as such members as zeus, apollo, santa clause, tooth fairy and leprechauns. Why do you feel that "faith" is good? Apply faith to anything but religion and you belong in a mental hospital. If i say i really believe that i am the fastest person in the world and i could win every race i tried even though i dont fit the appearence of a racer and i say that i have faith in my belief, you would tell me i need mental help. Look bro, i know your scared of what lies after death we all are, but that doesnt mean you have to cling to something that cant possibly be real for comfort. Trust me when i tell you faith is bad in all circumstances.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #176
jvsc91talon

Just to be clear, i havegiven him a chance, i was rasedin a christian home and chose to be a christian from the time i understood up until a few years ago.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #177
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Things dont happen for a "reason" they happen because they happen. Hahaha so your saying that god punished the jews during the holocaust because you think they betrayed and killed jesus? Im not sure if your aware but god sent his son on a suicide mission from the start, he was meant to die. I have 1 question for you or other belivers if they want to answer. Approximately how many years has man been on earth? The bible suggests less than 10,000 years, but now due to modern scientific research that is completely false. So thats where we get the "day isnt a day" nonsense. Well according to one of the very very few christian scientist, who is very well known and appreciated and happens to be head of the human genome project thinks man could have been here a little less than 100,000 years. What do you think?
no im not saying that ? why would he do that ?.. i dont really have to answer that question because why does science have to be right? just because they do research? ppl can call themselves christian but actoins speak louder than words and i believe science is wrong for different reasons.. u believe we actually came from monkeys? or germs or watever scientist say?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:16 AM   #178
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Allah and Krishna never did anything to you but you claim they arent real. Have you given them a chance? Christianity is just as much included in the definition of religion as your god is included in a club as such members as zeus, apollo, santa clause, tooth fairy and leprechauns. Why do you feel that "faith" is good? Apply faith to anything but religion and you belong in a mental hospital. If i say i really believe that i am the fastest person in the world and i could win every race i tried even though i dont fit the appearence of a racer and i say that i have faith in my belief, you would tell me i need mental help. Look bro, i know your scared of what lies after death we all are, but that doesnt mean you have to cling to something that cant possibly be real for comfort. Trust me when i tell you faith is bad in all circumstances.
their religion thats why their made up.. nope ur wrong are their buddy thats wat makes us different were not religious.. all these other gods and make believe things are made up by men.. faith is good.. hope is good if u do things without them or ur just negative or watevr ur not happy.. but would u want to be the fastest in the world? i dont think so cuz u just amde it up but theirs ppl out their that want to be and they can do it with hard work and believing in themselves.. someone out their is the fast in world right? why cant they be? if not they'll be one of the few fastest in the world but then again EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON and God has ur life planned out but its ur life and u can always reject his way for ur life and choose ur own path.. and im not scared bro cuz i believe in him hes always with me and hes protecting me why should i trust u that faith is bad?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #179
Dany
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Just to be clear, i havegiven him a chance, i was rasedin a christian home and chose to be a christian from the time i understood up until a few years ago.
well what happened? science got in ur head?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:40 AM   #180
jvsc91talon

[QUOTE=Dany;4584339]no im not saying that ? why would he do that ?.. i dont really have to answer that question because why does science have to be right? just because they do research? ppl can call themselves christian but actoins speak louder than words and i believe science is wrong for different reasons.. u believe we actually came from monkeys? or germs or watever scientist say?[/QUOTE]

Why would he do that??? Oh idk, have you read the bible and read about the millions of people god bestowed his wrath upon for the most petty of things?
This statement shows how ignorant your view of evolution is. We came from a common ancestor. You say give god a chance but dont even know the other side of the arguement, typical christian hypocrite.

Quote:
their religion thats why their made up.. nope ur wrong are their buddy thats wat makes us different were not religious.. all these other gods and make believe things are made up by men.. faith is good.. hope is good if u do things without them or ur just negative or watevr ur not happy.. but would u want to be the fastest in the world? i dont think so cuz u just amde it up but theirs ppl out their that want to be and they can do it with hard work and believing in themselves.. someone out their is the fast in world right? why cant they be? if not they'll be one of the few fastest in the world but then again EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON and God has ur life planned out but its ur life and u can always reject his way for ur life and choose ur own path.. and im not scared bro cuz i believe in him hes always with me and hes protecting me why should i trust u that faith is bad?
Ok so i would really like to hear your arguement on why islam and muhammad are made up and christianity and jesus are not, and please dont quote the bible cause muslims can do the same and both books were written by man. Faith and hope are 2 completely different things, faith is the word you guys tell others to have when you dont know the answers to questions. Im not negative at all, you dont believe in any god but the god of christianity and i am just like you, i just go 1 god further. If god has a plan for you then there is no free will. Tell me, what was gods plan for for the unborn fetus of a miscarriage, you think it will recognize its family in heaven or vise versa, or for a child born of a terminal illness that wont reach the age of 5? Was god punishing the parents for their sins by giving them a sick child? I guess god was right in Exodus 20:5 when he said you are punished for the sins of your father. You obviously dont get my being fast analogy. You are truly scared because you dont KNOW whats going do happen when you die because i dont, and you dont have any special powers or knowledge that i dont have. If he truly is real how about you pray for wealth, jesus said if you had faith the size of a mustard seed you can move mountains, im sure praying to wake up to a suitcase full of money under your bed shouldnt be that hard.

Quote:
well what happened? science got in ur head?
No actually reason, evidence, rational thought, and common sense got into my head. Oh and by the way, i dont hate god, god isnt real. Do you hate unicorns? You still havent answered my question, how many years ago do you think humans came onto earth???