Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by itslehcim View Post
Figured I'd share my old s13

- 93 Juniper Green Hatch
- 5 speed swap
- Fortune Auto coilovers
- z32 brakes all around
- z32 tt wheels
- 180sx type x tails

Reposting pictures but I give no fucks. Dude this is lowkey one of my most sought-after colors for the hatch. This car is perfect the way it sits man. What size tire is that...?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:18 AM   #2
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Reposting pictures but I give no fucks. Dude this is lowkey one of my most sought-after colors for the hatch. This car is perfect the way it sits man. What size tire is that...?
That thing is fkn perfect. daaang.
Old 10-21-2020, 08:36 PM   #3
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Semi-annual Zilvia login.

Poke around, read some things, look at some photos, become sad.

Find this thread.
Immediately feel better.

Last edited by DrftKingIII; 10-21-2020 at 09:07 PM..
DrftKingIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
itslehcim

Trader Rating: (2)
itslehcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Pretty sure they were 225/50/16 up front and 245/45/16 in the rear.
itslehcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #5
nlzmo400r
Zilvia FREAK!

nlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nicenlzmo400r is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to nlzmo400r
Here it is boys

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-nissan-240sx-9/

[email protected] - gt32 .6bar
nlzmo400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlzmo400r View Post
Jesus man. This is the 'less miles' version of my car. I wonder what it will go for...
Old 11-07-2019, 08:29 AM   #7
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Jesus man. This is the 'less miles' version of my car. I wonder what it will go for...
Who ever the dude was that jumped the bid 10K is a fool. 15K? nahhhh. You're into a similar conditioned Silvia for not much more and I'd think that'd be more desirable.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #8
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I think mine might fall into this, have a 97 that I've been slowly restoring and tastefully modifying as we go along. Have tried to stick with OEM parts as much as possible.

97 240SX
Originally auto trans, 240k miles on body.

Powertrain:
SR20DET swap from a 98 S14 front clip
S15 electronics (ECU, injectors, ignition)
JDM VLSD diff (3.69 FD)
Greddy FMIC
Apexi Induction Pipe
HKS BOV, stock location, recirculated
Greddy exhaust
Nismo trans mount
C's short shifter
DW fuel pump

Body:
OEM JDM Kouki Aero
R33 GTR N1 vents (not installed yet)

Suspension:
R33 GTR wheels 245/40R17 Cont Sport tires
Tein springs
New KYB shocks
S15 Spec-R trunk brace
Nismo Tension rod brace

Interior:
JDM steering wheel, re-wrapped w/ perforated leather
JDM Triple-DIN gauge pod
JDM Kouki radio/vent trim
New carpet
FX35 Bose sub in spare tire

Have had to replace rusted floor pans and a bunch of interior bits. Few things left are: replace quarter panel (was hit when I bought it) and paint whole car. Have full Nismo suspension arms ready to go. Also have leather interior that will need to be redone before installing.

Last edited by LoSt180; 11-06-2019 at 11:17 AM..
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #9
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
I think mine might fall into this, have a 97 that I've been slowly restoring and tastefully modifying as we go along. Have tried to stick with OEM parts as much as possible.

Have had to replace rusted floor pans and a bunch of interior bits. Few things left are: replace quarter panel (was hit when I bought it), paint whole car. Have full Nismo suspension arms ready to go. Also have leather interior that will need to be redone before installing.
This is a perfect addition to the thread. Well done!
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #10
slevin

slevin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post

97 240SX
Originally auto trans, 240k miles on body.
That's a beauty! Hopefully mine will look similar once I respray.
slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #11
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
What carpet did you use lost180? Looks like it fits very well.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #12
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
What carpet did you use lost180? Looks like it fits very well.
I used ACC cutpile with mass backing. Used the original carpet as a template to make the cuts needed for it to fit.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #13
97street_pearl
Leaky Injector

97street_pearl is an unknown quantity at this point
Loving this thread, I see too many shitty 240's nowadays
Old 11-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #14
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wVgr3hI - Imgur by G Tee, on Flickr
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #15
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

GripStigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I'll update info shortly.

IG @hardparkedsilvia
GripStigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 04:42 PM   #16
dizzariot
Post Whore!

^^^ I hope you didn't update a fucking thing lol.

I might have another contribution here soon.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #17
GripStigma
Zilvia Junkie

GripStigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
^^^ I hope you didn't update a fucking thing lol.

I might have another contribution here soon.
Georgia plate, and Nismo plate surround are about the only things lmao! She's been living by definition of garage queen, heavily as of lately!

IG @hardparkedsilvia
GripStigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 10:19 PM   #18
fnc0329
Leaky Injector

fnc0329 is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel like my cars fit well in this thread. Although they may not have too much "+" they sure are OEM. First is my 92 hatch. Bought this from the original owner a little less that a year ago with 76k miles. its 100% and should be getting some coilovers and wheels within the next month or so.

Next is my 89 creamy yellow two-tone coupe that I picked up on black friday this year. Like the hatch, it is completely stock and should be getting some tastefull mods when i have the chance. Till then, it makes for a great looking daily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fnc0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:53 PM   #19
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Last edited by Bluejayde; 01-29-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:53 PM   #20
jmahss

Trader Rating: (1)
jmahss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
97' Kouki LE KA-T

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Last edited by jmahss; 01-30-2020 at 07:23 PM..
jmahss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #21
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahss View Post

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
dude, that hood scoop throws off the balance of the car, looks soooo out of place and ridiculously big. Not my car I know, but just my.02
Old 02-16-2020, 06:58 PM   #22
Getchevyn

Getchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura aboutGetchevyn has a spectacular aura about
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"

Last edited by Getchevyn; 02-16-2020 at 09:56 PM.. Reason: pictures
Getchevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #23
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getchevyn View Post
I brought this car after college with cash. It was my 1st car and I didn't even know how to drive a stick until 4 weeks before this. It was my daily for about a year and I just love the way it looks so I brought another car(Mazda protégé, 5spd) and used that as my daily. This car has been parked in a garage since then(1992) and I used it as a weekend car. My job working for the government took me to far away countries so I always had another car to drive if not getting shot at. Thru the years I have purchased a Nissan Sentra, Mazda 6s, another Mazda 6s, a Nissan Altima, and now drive an Infiniti Q50S TT.

The Nissan 240SX always held a place in my heart. Seriously, I didn't even know about the "drift tax" until 1/2019. I drove it only during summer months and never in snow/salt. Most of the time I get approached by someone while filling the tank and asked me if it's for sale. Never gave it another thought and said no every time. $5000 was offered on the spot 14 months outside a gas station and it wasn't until then I search the internet and finally join this group.

As to the car it's 100% OEM original. It's a 5sp 1991 Nissan 240SX with AC, sunroof, sports package, Super HICAS, limited slip diff with 8697 miles. There is no rust as you can see by the pictures. The windshield was replaced in 1992 due to a chip and crack. Stereo doesn't work 100%. It sounds weak and I think it's because I haven't used it much. The tires are 100% original RE88 as you can see by the DOT# manufacture on the 44th week in 1990. Will change those tires this year. The body is 95%. Muffler is original as seen by the 11/90 manufactured date. Car runs well and like new. Drove about 150 miles last year and full fluid change and checkup by a Nissan dealership in 5/2019. The seatbelt buckle recall was done on that date.

I have a funny story to tell. The dealership called Nissan corporate for the replacement buckle and corporate told them not to bother because the car probably has too many miles. Once they heard the actual mileage, next question from Nissan was, "Is the car for sale?". The answer I told them and everyone else was "Not now and probably never"
...if this isn't the reason I made the thread, I don't know what else is.

Thank you for sharing this, man. This is so cool to see.

Funny how Nissan is quick to condemn these cars then tries to buy (probably on the cheap) them out from under us.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:16 AM   #24
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
...if this isn't the reason I made the thread, I don't know what else is.

Thank you for sharing this, man. This is so cool to see.

Funny how Nissan is quick to condemn these cars then tries to buy (probably on the cheap) them out from under us.

Plus one. That trunk though... we call it a boot here in antipodes. I gave up going for as new, so I did something else...

Which also gives scope for elastic tie downs. I’ve always found the light lid makes this a very useful compartment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 10:04 AM   #25
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
unreal

do the right thing and sell it to me
Quote:
I brought this car after college with cash.

Last edited by cured13; 04-03-2020 at 12:11 AM..
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #26
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
do the right thing and sell it to me
The right thing would be to never sell and keep providing the same level of care that has kept it looking like that for 26 years.

...No one could have done a better job, my hat is off to you sir.
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 11:40 PM   #27
MR.RMSCHIKO
Leaky Injector

MR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud ofMR.RMSCHIKO has much to be proud of
Quote:

]

That’s awesome man, if you ever wondered what Nissan is going to do with your car of they ever bought it is they’ll have it in the “ lane museum” here in Nashville, Tennessee. I work down the street from Nissan HQ at a Nissan dealership. They have a underground garage where they keep other cars that aren’t parked in the museum I’ve been poking around trying to get access to see all the cool stuff they got. They recently bought a mint fastback like yours from a corporate employee

Last edited by MR.RMSCHIKO; 03-09-2020 at 09:49 AM..
MR.RMSCHIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:53 PM   #28
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.RMSCHIKO View Post
That’s awesome man, if you ever wondered what Nissan is going to do with your car of they ever bought it is they’ll have it in the “ lane museum” here in Nashville, Tennessee. I work down the street from Nissan HQ at a Nissan dealership. They have a underground garage where they keep other cars that aren’t parked in the museum I’ve been poking around trying to get access to see all the cool stuff they got. They recently bought a mint fastback like yours from a corporate employee
Dude...picture quote. Killing me...

How long have you worked there? Is the Lane Museum like the collection here in Zama?
Old 01-30-2020, 03:27 AM   #29
samotage
BANNED

samotage is an unknown quantity at this point
That OEM front bar makes this a worthwhile project...

Thank you for the encouragement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
samotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:32 PM   #30
jmahss

jmahss is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by samotage View Post
That OEM front bar makes this a worthwhile project...

Thank you for the encouragement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OEM one is sooo much nicer than any aftermarket one. Keep it as long as you can!
jmahss is offline   Reply With Quote