Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-03-2016, 11:41 AM   #151
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Together everyone achieves more

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #152
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
lets just make replicas of everything why don't we.
New member , and Florida ....... We can say it's safe to say this guys a dumbass
Old 03-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #153
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
lets just provide something that isn't available, that there is a demand for, without charging an arm, a leg, and both nuts.
Id be happy if they only charged one nut. At least Lance Armstrong still has game
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #154
Maximum
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
lets just act like purists like it was 2002 when all of these parts were brand new and still obtainable by normal means.

get over it! ive never seen such a bunch of unappreciative whiners ever! never mind that the aftermarket reproduction industry for restoration and discontinued parts is a multibillion dollar industry and is utilized in every single car "scene" out there with no ill means intentions.

funny how no one complains about buying "replicas" when purchasing or needing replacement mechanical parts for their engines, suspension or electronics from autozone, oreilys, meyers or even the factory dealership... ITS THE SAME INDUSTRY!!!

PS: if you want to be a purist and complain about people "ruining the scene" by replicating discontinued aero parts, perhaps you should get off your high horse and go look at whats going on over in Japan! guess what kiddies, the scene ruining replicas are happening over there as well because of the same reason its happening here, supply in demand due to time, obscurity and people destroying damn near all of the originals because of drifting/racing.
no, its just a pathetic attempt at "i wannnnnnnnnna be part of coooooooool guy group"

Without actually spending money or time to find parts. This is why the replica business flourishes.
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:09 PM   #155
CaptainVlad
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really niceCaptainVlad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm glad there is finally some momentum on this again. Ive been waiting since this was created to see this happening, and its finally looking to be somewhat realistic...
CaptainVlad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:11 PM   #156
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
no, its just a pathetic attempt at "i wannnnnnnnnna be part of coooooooool guy group"

Without actually spending money or time to find parts. This is why the replica business flourishes.
right. i'll continue to spend my money on QUALITY, and you can continue helping justify floridas reputation.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #157
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
interest in abflug style s13 headlights?

This thread is great [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #158
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:

the sheer ignorance in your responses just AMAZES me... the reason why replica business flourishes is because parts go extinct! mechanical, exterior, interior etc! and its not a matter of being "part of the cool group" as you so stated, its building a goddamn car and actually wanting to finish it using QUALITY REPLICA PARTS OF THINGS THAT DONT REALLY EXIST ANYMORE!

if the part is made to the same quality if not better of the original, then thats one thing. if youre buying cheap chinese knock offs that fit like shit and require 10x more work, plus made of inferior quality materials then thats what drives things down.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #159
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
if the part is made to the same quality if not better of the original, then thats one thing. if youre buying cheap chinese knock offs that fit like shit and require 10x more work, plus made of inferior quality materials then thats what drives things down.
THIS. If someone copies a TE37 but makes it better and stronger and lighter than Volk does, i'll buy that in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Old 03-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #160
Maximum
BANNED

Maximum is an unknown quantity at this point
pointless argument, good luck with these, interested to see how they turn out!
Maximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #161
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
pointless argument, good luck with these, interested to see how they turn out!
Old 03-04-2016, 08:56 AM   #162
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
the sheer ignorance in your responses just AMAZES me... the reason why replica business flourishes is because parts go extinct! mechanical, exterior, interior etc! and its not a matter of being "part of the cool group" as you so stated, its building a goddamn car and actually wanting to finish it using QUALITY REPLICA PARTS OF THINGS THAT DONT REALLY EXIST ANYMORE!

if the part is made to the same quality if not better of the original
, then thats one thing. if youre buying cheap chinese knock offs that fit like shit and require 10x more work, plus made of inferior quality materials then thats what drives things down.
At the end of the day, the legit stamped part is and always will be the "coolest". Forcing yourself to buy an original at a crazy price many times is for fuckboy egotistical reasons, not because it's your favorite style, or you're passionate about said parts.
See; Some off y'all rock XXR's and Rotas then get real wheels and delete all the pictures of when you used to rock the rep wheels....but that's none of my business.
If there is a QUALITY replica of an aero part that fits as good as OEM and costs significantly less and is the style you want, buy it! The problem is the pandemic that is SHITTY knock off parts that fit like garbage then people change like they're shot callers
*DUMPSTER DIMENSIONS*

Last edited by KAT-PWR; 03-04-2016 at 10:22 AM..
KAT-PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:06 AM   #163
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
If there is a QUALITY replica of an aero part that fits as good as OEM and costs significantly less and is the style you want, buy it! The problem is the pandemic that is SHITTY knock off parts that fit like garbage.
*DUMPSTER DIMENSIONS*
AMEN!!!!

Dumpster cars are terrible. Don't let your friends drive them.

Quote:
Old 04-04-2016, 11:32 PM   #164
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
spray2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Here is a rough prototype 3d print of the light. I was going to make a mold of the originals but I thought this method would be good if people want them to fit different lights inside etc.

Will update again with a more refined prototype.

i'll be posting updates on my instagram, if you want to follow via your phone. @casale_design

Last edited by spray2020; 04-05-2016 at 12:46 AM..
spray2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:44 AM   #165
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is way more legit than I thought it would be
Old 04-05-2016, 06:27 AM   #166
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
man, nice work if this is a rough rough copy im sure once you get the protoype down they will look just as good as the originals!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #167
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Can't wait until this is all said and done.

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #168
bboyoracle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
bboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to beholdbboyoracle is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bboyoracle
spray2020's work is legit! Looking forward to see the completed version.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #169
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the estimated price now?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #170
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
What's the estimated price now?

Before even thinking about that, I am more concerned about which lights should be used inside. Since the original IPF lights are no longer made in that size, the only other light that would fit are these Hella Micro FF fog, to get two of them in there.

L: 120mm by about H: 86mm is the size needed to fit two square lights in there- the depth doesnt matter as much.

http://www.tirerack.com/lighting/det...160406163353:s

two of these are $130, so 4 total would be $260 plus shipping. That would just be for the lights inside...

Anyone have any other options of square type lights to fit?
Old 04-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #171
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray2020 View Post

L: 120mm by about H: 86mm is the size needed to fit two square lights in there- the depth doesnt matter as much
120mm is almost 5" wide. No way you're squeezing two of those in this housing.

I found a LED option I was considering, lemme see if I can find a link.

Quote:
Old 04-06-2016, 04:22 PM   #172
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
120mm is almost 5" wide. No way you're squeezing two of those in this housing.

I found a LED option I was considering, lemme see if I can find a link.
Actually, they will fit as the original IPF lights are exactly that size, 120mm width!

So anything else will not fill up the space inside as well. Keep in mind the lights are mounted offset, one more forward then the other one.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #173
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Don't use fog lights.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #174
spray2020
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
Don't use fog lights.
The ones hella makes come in 2 styles, one with a reflector cap over the bulb ( fog) and the other without ( driving light) - not sure if it is too bright for street use? Made for offroad trucks.

Im open to any other ideas, led lights or similar.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:33 PM   #175
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

hella 90mm are the best bet but they are round. They have a BI LED version which you could use as low/high and then a rectangular light for spot beam, flood, or fog on the inside of the light.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:11 AM   #176
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Just sell me the housing and I'll put my own lights in there.

Why not use an H4 bulb? I think that's the one - it's low and high beam in one.

And you can source them pretty cheaply in HID or LED.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #177
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
hella 90mm are the best bet but they are round. They have a BI LED version which you could use as low/high and then a rectangular light for spot beam, flood, or fog on the inside of the light.
That sounds great.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #178
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Well after some thought, i realized after watching the historic races held at laguna seca the Chevy Monza headlights (4x6) and are almost identical in shape to these ipf lights and way cheaper then the hella lights i think i am on to something!

RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #179
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

They are also about 2x too large and will be poor performing.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:06 PM   #180
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews

http://www.1aauto.com/headlight/i/1a...=262440&y=1996