Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #151
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
clean,...i like how u work
Old 07-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #152
SinCityS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (12)
SinCityS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
nice build!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:38 PM   #153
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Thank you guys!

started SLOWLY assembling the front end....
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #154
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
I even wish i could get a 2jzgte in my MKIV supra .. lol LUCKY !!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:44 PM   #155
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
I even wish i could get a 2jzgte in my MKIV supra .. lol LUCKY !!!!
thats going to be one of the next projects.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 PM   #156
ATLspeed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
ATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to beholdATLspeed is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
nice build, been following this for a while.

*One request tho...could you please....PLEEEAAASSE show/take a pic of how your downpipe is routed under the car. I'm planing on going with a 1jz or 2jz after i get a second dd. My car is relatively low and i figure with a 3in exhaust crossed under the car would be trick unless I go with oval exhaust piping.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:18 PM   #157
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLspeed View Post
nice build, been following this for a while.

*One request tho...could you please....PLEEEAAASSE show/take a pic of how your downpipe is routed under the car. I'm planing on going with a 1jz or 2jz after i get a second dd. My car is relatively low and i figure with a 3in exhaust crossed under the car would be trick unless I go with oval exhaust piping.
no problem, i'll snap one next time i'm out by the car.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #158
Matthew Murphy
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Matthew Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
holy shit, this is so bad ass, even made me want to post. I love how detailed you were on the wiring and what not. also, the automatic is interesting I sort of like it because its diferent.
Matthew Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 PM   #159
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (79)
jdm2191 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
What Fuel line set up are you using?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #160
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Murphy View Post
holy shit, this is so bad ass, even made me want to post. I love how detailed you were on the wiring and what not. also, the automatic is interesting I sort of like it because its diferent.
Thanks alot man, glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
What Fuel line set up are you using?
It's all 100% custom.

all the fittings are Red Horse Racing, the lines are Goodridge lines all purchased through High Performance Steel Braided Hose | Hose Ends | Aluminum Hose Fittings | Brake Lines | Orme Brothers High Performance Automotive Accessories -

the Injectors are 750cc injectors from Fuel Injector Clinic as is the rail and the pigtails. The Fuel filters are Russell's and the FPR is an Aeromotive.

2 -6AN Feeds (one off each Walrbo 255) all the way to the rail (1 Filter per line) then -6AN Return to the tank.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #161
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Updates. finished up some more engine bay loose ends and what not this past weekend. got everything pretty much how i want it....for now atleast.

Also got the majority of the interior stuff hooked up and figured out where it will go.

got the car up and running and a friend put a base tune on the car. and was able to take the car to a 240sx meet just down the street!

During the test drives found out the coolant temp gauge wasen't working. neither was the trans temp. must fix those as well as the car developing a few leaks. but it is getting there!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:25 AM   #162
Matthew Murphy
Leaky Injector

Matthew Murphy is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, that front end looks boss
Matthew Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #163
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Got most of the issues that seem to pop up with any fresh built all sorted out. and took it out a few times.

Went to a Wisconsin 240sx meet

went out with a friend and took some pics.

Car goes to the West Bend Dyno on friday to get a tune/numbers. i will post up more then.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #164
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Untuned walkaround of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nQgU-WF39g

Last edited by S14DB; 08-17-2011 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: malformed link
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #165
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Nice! You're lucky to be able to share this together. I love my wife to death but she doesn't want the slightest bit to do with the work end of playing with cars; although she loves to ride. Who cares if its an automatic, if she likes it and wants to work on the car I'd give her what ever she wanted.

Keep it up!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #166
JBs13*

JBs13* is an unknown quantity at this point
nicely done my man, you made it seem like you did it so fast having to swap the 2jz in one car then into another adding up all the other fix ups with the white shell. dammn man, nice nice!
JBs13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #167
Juanizzle

Juanizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
it needs less pink, nardi wheel, gold meshies and stick. then it would be sick!

awesome engine bay.
Juanizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #168
RedBullRioter

RedBullRioter is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm planning on doing something similiar for my gf. she's going to love all this pink when i show her. auto is the best way to go with most women, in fact mine requested it. but holy effin shiii dude at the mileage on that coupe. what a find. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for it?
RedBullRioter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #169
Lees_Garage
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (66)
Lees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really niceLees_Garage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanizzle View Post

awesome engine bay.
I love how the guy with three post since 2007 knows exactly what the car needs to be "sick". Great job Flickitty, keep building the car exactly how you and your girl like!

@lees_garage
Lees_Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #170
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14unimog View Post
Nice! You're lucky to be able to share this together. I love my wife to death but she doesn't want the slightest bit to do with the work end of playing with cars; although she loves to ride. Who cares if its an automatic, if she likes it and wants to work on the car I'd give her what ever she wanted.

Keep it up!
Thanks alot man, What's that saying? a happy wife is a happy life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBs13* View Post
nicely done my man, you made it seem like you did it so fast having to swap the 2jz in one car then into another adding up all the other fix ups with the white shell. dammn man, nice nice!
Haha yeah it seems fast via updates on here, but it took about 8 months to swap everything over and there is still ALOT to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanizzle View Post

awesome engine bay.
Eh, I don't like the whole cookie cutter idea, Nardi wheels look great they have their place... i just think to many people jump on the Nardi/Bride/illest/hellaflush wagon. and that many people building the same "basic" cars they all blend in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullRioter View Post
i'm planning on doing something similiar for my gf. she's going to love all this pink when i show her. auto is the best way to go with most women, in fact mine requested it. but holy effin shiii dude at the mileage on that coupe. what a find. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you have to pay for it?
Thanks man, She can drive 5spd just fine. She actually has had 5spd cars in the past she just wanted to prove autos can go fast (to the typical import people who don't know much) And Alot of my "anti auto" friends have all fallen in love with a single turbo auto car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Grip View Post
I love how the guy with three post since 2007 knows exactly what the car needs to be "sick". Great job Flickitty, keep building the car exactly how you and your girl like!
haha, Thanks alot man. gonna keep going with what WE want. seeing how that is the only people who are paying for it. haha.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #171
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Not to much new,

been dealing with an on going fuel issue, between the feed line getting a splice in it from the top hat to the fuel pump, and a issue with the car popping the fuse for the 2nd fuel pump we have decided to take out the Twin Walbro 255 fuel pumps in place of a Single Bosch 044 fuel pump (intank) we will be doing that this winter, as well as finishing up a Q45 brake setup, as well as upgrading to a TRD thermostat, Flex-a-lite slim fans, and a DIF fan controller.

here are some more pics throughout the summer.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #172
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Keeps us posted love your thread
Old 10-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #173
JDM king240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JDM king240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i want to put a 2jz in my s14 but how much does it all cost and is it reliable
JDM king240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #174
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Cost it all depends, i think if you were good with finding deals, mechanically inclinded and did a ton of research it could be done for less then $5k. it's just as reliable as you make it. I've had issues with stupid little things that happen with swapped cars, no motor issues.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #175
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
Cost it all depends, i think if you were good with finding deals, mechanically inclinded and did a ton of research it could be done for less then $5k. it's just as reliable as you make it. I've had issues with stupid little things that happen with swapped cars, no motor issues.
That's the truth right there...you make your own price basically
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #176
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2191 View Post
That's the truth right there...you make your own price basically
years ago when we started this there wasen't many build threads or helpful people that had this swap so it was trial and error, and having to fork out big bucks for swap kits and wiring services and motors. and figure out radiator hoses,etc.etc.etc.

Thing is too, that people dont think of, is if you do this swap you need alot of components to help the car as a whole (suspension,brakes,bushings,gauges,etc)
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #177
JDM king240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JDM king240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
okay sounds good bro i might just do that instead of a vq35de swap
JDM king240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #178
Deftec
Zilvia Junkie

Deftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-knownDeftec is making his/her stupidity well-known
You gonna try to make tx2k12 with me and Jeremiah?!!?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #179
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i luv the build lookz real klean...btw shez def A keeper gl
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 AM   #180
jdm2191
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
years ago when we started this there wasen't many build threads or helpful people that had this swap so it was trial and error, and having to fork out big bucks for swap kits and wiring services and motors. and figure out radiator hoses,etc.etc.etc.

Thing is too, that people dont think of, is if you do this swap you need alot of components to help the car as a whole (suspension,brakes,bushings,gauges,etc)
Yup i started my 1JZ Swap in April & guys i know locally ask me why its taking me so long & im like its not a SR Swap....You need to do alot of extra things to get it functionable & working adequently