Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #151
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmmmm recent inline fours...i can think of two, the c230 kompressor m111 and the miata turbo.

i'm seeing bunch of cheap miata tubro motors on ebay.

i heard the m111 is a good motor but no support over here.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #152
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i saw a red frs on the highway the other day. it looks pretty nice, but idk if it's 25k nice. i think they should have marketed it around 20-22k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #153
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im thinking about getting a BRZ but the only thing that is holding me back is the size.

I hope it not smaller then an S14
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #154
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by initial_jc View Post
Im thinking about getting a BRZ but the only thing that is holding me back is the size.

yes, its smaller than an s14 interior wise

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 06-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #155
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Base v6 mustang + suspension mods = ?
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #156
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

if i would have to compare, i would say it looks like a smaller hyundai genesis with the size being like an s13 fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #157
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
On the other hand, I wish they were smaller.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #158
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I'm a big fan of smaller, lighter cars. I'm looking forward to how the generations will progress in terms of styling and performance.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #159
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Juke's MR16DDT turbo engine wouldnt be a bad start...

nissan is also running a variation of that motor in that wacky new delta wing le mans car
word sux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #160
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Ha, the Mustang's body height is ridiculous. The Genesis is also a boat.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #161
HIGHFIVEBETA
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
HIGHFIVEBETA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Saw one in person a few days ago. Alot smaller than i though! I was surprised
HIGHFIVEBETA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #162
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I saw both FRS and BRZ models last weekend. First thing I noticed on them were how big the wheel arches are for such a small car. Stock 17" wheels look like 15's on them...

The fender lines looked kinda funny to me, I'm not really a big fan of the lines. Reminds me of the bubbly Tiburon in my head.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #163
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Saw a Genesis coupe the other day. Not sure i'd call it a boat. Looked smaller than a G35 coupe, IMO. Sounded great too with its factory BOV whistling, turbo spooling and tires chirping down the street.

Made me wanna set my S14 on fire.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #164
MWH_Photo
Leaky Injector

MWH_Photo is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely looks smaller in person, I liked it until I looked at the seating inside..

2+2 seater is a joke.. I'm 5'8" and with the driver seat in position there was 1.5" of space from the back of the front seat to the front of the back seat.

Was thinking it would be a nice daily since you have the option of fitting people in the back if need be, but it's not possible unless the driver has the steering wheel at their chest.

I was impressed with the interior though.. all the reviews said it was extremely cheap looking, but I didn't find it half bad. It's more than acceptable for a ~25K car. Seating position is nice too, feels nice and low even though it's only a notch under 4x4 status.

It's something I would buy if I was 18, or if I already had a sedan/hatchback as a DD.. But it'll no way be able to function as a daily for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #165
oscarsx
Zilvia Addict

oscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-knownoscarsx is making his/her stupidity well-known
toyobaru

Sent from my DROID X2
Old 06-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #166
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
It's as useful and functional as a stock s13 probably quicker to boot.

My only gripe is that the engine isn't as accessible as a sr20det in a s-chassis
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #167
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
thank, im 5'11 so im afraid of being uncomfortable in it, but untill i can actually sit in it i wont know if ill get it
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #168
240sxcure
Zilvia Member

240sxcure is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
thank, im 5'11 so im afraid of being uncomfortable in it, but untill i can actually sit in it i wont know if ill get it
I'm 6'2" and I sat in one with more than enough room.
240sxcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #169
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
is it going to be a race to see who is the first to hellaflush these cars?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #170
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
the BRZ is sold out? did they make way less BRZ's than FRS's? because the Toyota dealership up the street has quite a few just sitting around.
Subaru USA did not want the car - the dealers had no idea how well it will sell or how to market it, its their first car with no AWD in +15 years. It costs as much as a WRX, has no back seats and no turbo... "who would buy such a thing?!"

Scion/Yota have been crying for this since the demise of the Celica/Supra/MR2/AE86. Closest thing Toyota has had to a real sports car in 10 years is the Tacoma Xrunner.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #171
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
This is old already. BMW already came out with a twin turbo V8 in 2008...
I have no idea what you are talking about or it's relievence to the "next/currant" generation V6's.

The GR and VQ series are both rather dated these days and Yota/Nissan need to get with it.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #172
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
I agree on this..

I do not feel special for VQ much. Sure it is great engine but everybody else has same or better performance in very similar platform.

Too bad mustangs dont come with EcoBoost V6. I'd be more interested than 5.0 V8
That is because the VQ is antiquated. I mean fuck, the engine dates back to 1994 (VQ20) and the VQ35DE first hit the streets in 2001. Back then it was steller. As I mentioned, V8s where making 250hp (Nissan, Toyota, Ford, Dodge, BMW) and V6s still languished in the sub 200hp range across the industry.

Fast forward 10 years and technology and designs have changed.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #173
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Juke's MR16DDT turbo engine wouldnt be a bad start...
F-That.

188hp and 178 ft/tq, that is like bringing a plastic knife to the nuclear holocaust these days.

Maybe a turbo version of the MR20DD ( 147hp, 155 ft/tq NA).

Nissans have never been about finess, they have always been the "delicate sludge hammer".

A S13 was no Miata or MR2, the Z32 was not a FD3S and the 240z was not a Opel GT or MG.

Nissan would need a 250+ hp engine in any car they build that is lighter and smaller than Geni.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #174
drift2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
drift2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Idk mang... Car sounded like made in Mexico, like burrito BRZ (bean rice and zheese) get it...?
drift2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #175
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Nissans have never been about finess, they have always been the "delicate sledge hammer".

A S13 was no Miata or MR2, the Z32 was not a FD3S and the 240z was not a Opel GT or MG.

Nissan would need a 250+ hp engine in any car they build that is lighter and smaller than Geni.
This guy gets it. I feel like buyers are mostly just looking at the FRS and Mustang, while overlooking the GC. This is telling manufacturers that we only want bloated cars with big displacement engines or tiny cars with 2.0 N/A hamster wheel engines. Lack of support for the GC turbo seals the fate of a middle-ground car like the Silvia has always been, IMO...

Its sad because the base model GC has more bang for your buck on the street than either of those cars base models. If Nissan does revive the Silvia, how much you wanna bet the turbocharged variant doesn't get released in the States again?
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #176
13esim
Leaky Injector

13esim is an unknown quantity at this point
If I'm not mistaken, doesnt the GT86/BRZ use a similar design to the EJ20? Just with redisgned heads? If so wouldnt making aftermarket be simple and shouldnt some parts for the EJ20 fit on the FA20?(I beleive thats what it is called, off to google)
Old 06-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #177
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWH_Photo View Post
Definitely looks smaller in person, I liked it until I looked at the seating inside..

2+2 seater is a joke.. I'm 5'8" and with the driver seat in position there was 1.5" of space from the back of the front seat to the front of the back seat.

Was thinking it would be a nice daily since you have the option of fitting people in the back if need be, but it's not possible unless the driver has the steering wheel at their chest..
It's the size of an S13. Don't know why you are surprised by the interior room.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #178
1 88 U
Zilvia Junkie

1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known1 88 U is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13esim View Post
If I'm not mistaken, doesnt the GT86/BRZ use a similar design to the EJ20? Just with redisgned heads? If so wouldnt making aftermarket be simple and shouldnt some parts for the EJ20 fit on the FA20?(I beleive thats what it is called, off to google)
No. The FA20 is very different from the EJ series. Alot of fab work needs to be done just to get the EJ in there.
1 88 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #179
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Nissans have never been about finess, they have always been the "delicate sludge hammer".

Interesting comparo's for analogies. Miata and S13 were completely different categories. Miata was roadster S13 was not. MR2 again was different as it was mid eng car, s13 is a front engine car. Completely different categories that you cannot compare. Z32 again though priced the same and released as flagship models were different. Z32 was a GT car ( larger version sports cars not usually considered sports cars in the pure sense) RX7 FD was a true sports car non GT category.
Supras were GT cars as well. While we are on the subject.

Now an MG was pretty much a roadster unless you bought the ones with the tops stuck on them(MGB GT) and honestly the Datsun Roadster was Nissan's answer to that, not the 240z.

The 240Z was more inline in competing with 911's of the era and TR6's. Not Opel GT's As far as market aims and categories.
The Opel GT was an anemically powered tin can of a Sports car compared to the 240Z. I know I witnessed both in person. LOL

If your going to do these comparisons at least know enough about the cars to call it right.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #180
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^I think I get what he's trying to say though. There's tons of guys here on Zilvia that seem to love their S-Chassis, but their preference for the FRS over the GC 2.0T seems like they'd prefer an AE86 over an S-chassis.