Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #151
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to kuruptR

whack ass engine bay that needs work. Shits bush.

Last edited by kuruptR; 11-23-2009 at 04:41 PM..
kuruptR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #152
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
silver bay looks BOSS.

Thanks. I was debating on white/grey/black forever but this seals it!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #153
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
lol if that engine bay is wack, i don't know what mine is

i've seen pictures of your car floating around elsewhere and admired it. very nice, those hatch wing/spoilers are so clean.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #154
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post

My NOS Checkered floormats, picked them up at wallys over the weekend. 21$ for the two.
uhhhhhh

wat?
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #155
waterboy
Zilvia Member

waterboy can only hope to improve
how much did your body work and paint cost
waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #156
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Good luck dude, I love how the car turned out, keep it rolling.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:52 PM   #157
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

kuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfectionkuruptR is close to perfection
5g w/ warranty for the paint
Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM   #158
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Got my bumper back from paint, and a fender.

Taking wheels off to put my new brakes on.

I need to clean the engine bay, throw some things out ( nasty strut bar and Megan heat shield ) and get it ready for the body shop to paint.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #159
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
oooh dude those floormats are BALLER!!
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:24 PM   #160
mikey060
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mikey060 is making a name for him/her selfmikey060 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
when is this car going to be finished? i cant wait to see it
i didnt read the whole thread, but is your engine pretty much stock? like what do you have to make 300hp other than the turbo/fmic/etc. do you have upgraded internals or anything? the turbo in my 180sx might be fuxored so i will be needing a new one. and 300horse would be nice
mikey060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #161
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

300 is pretty easy with a gt2861rs. We dyno'd one last year at 11psi, 285 WHP with no managment, stock maf (LOL). Im running 15, with greddy map sensor. Though this turbo is not much bigger than stock, its a world of differnce over the S14 turbo i had in there.

Last edited by kuruptR; 03-25-2008 at 12:11 PM..
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #162
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
wait where are those floormats from? ps car is slammin hot
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #163
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by allntrlundrgrnd View Post
wait where are those floormats from? ps car is slammin hot
Super Made

http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/d/sup...k1/index.shtml

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 03:51 PM   #164
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Heres the guy when I got it last year, I didnt post any pics... didnt really have any. I drove it 1000miles to seattle, thats what it looked like when I got there. Fuck those reflectors in the middle of the road fucked my exhuast up bad, couldnt switch lanes on the high way.

Last edited by kuruptR; 12-16-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #165
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
nice floormats.

wish i never got rid of mine
Old 03-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #166
mikey060
Leaky Injector

mikey060 is making a name for him/her selfmikey060 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruptR View Post
300 is pretty easy with a gt2861rs. We dyno'd one last year at 11psi, 285 WHP with no managment, stock maf (LOL). Im running 15, with greddy map sensor. Though this turbo is no much bigger than stock its a world of differnce over the S14 turbo i had in there.

interesting, i may have to check this turbo out. do you work at speedtech? ill probably stop by this weekend sometime and talk with them.
my car came from japan running 14psi so if i can drop this turbo in and run it safely that would be sweet. i wont clutter up your thread though, but thanks for the response
mikey060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #167
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Fuckin' RAD car. Great job mate!~
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:40 AM   #168
wannabe_drifter
Zilvia Member

wannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to beholdwannabe_drifter is a splendid one to behold
Great car, Looks really good !

How is that ARC air box ???

Is it really worth its price ??
Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #169
jdm styles

jdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enoughjdm styles will become famous soon enough
such a sic car so stoked to see it in the summer again boo ya
jdm styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #170
Ca_laurier
Zilvia Junkie

Ca_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to allCa_laurier is a name known to all
always impressed dude. and damn it i want your floor mats
Ca_laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #171
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

All together, and ready to go in. (took me about 20 mins to install it on the car) How?!?!?!

Because of this.

This is quiet possibly the gayest mod ever. I removed my old bushing, it was mint. Very hard, no signs of cracking or wear.
It was fairly easy to get out, having the motor in or out would make no differnce, as you can just get to the knuckle from under the wheel well easily.
This was a fucking bitch to get back in. This is where I regret ever buying this part, its super hard to do this solo, you need some one to hold the steering assembly and line up the 3 bolts on the fire wall, while one guides the knuckle to the spline.

In the end, im left with about a 100 cuts on my hand and a wasted of 4 - 5 hours. A part that virtually did nothing, after a test drive.

Yes thats my new sparco all dirty.

Edit: 2008 October. Gonna have to take most of that back.

Last edited by kuruptR; 10-24-2008 at 04:17 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #172
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Lol, sweet, I was contemplating getting that bushing.

I think the money would be better invested in solid rack bushings?
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #173
n2motorsports
Zilvia Member

n2motorsports is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to n2motorsports
i need to quit dumping money into my daily, that hatch is inspiring me to get my car out of storage.
n2motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #174
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Uhm, after i installed my alum bushing i felt a big difference honestly. I don't know about you, but for me it made a difference, it had tons of slop after none. It's really tight.

My bushing was 'solid' too but it was a damn rubber bushing.

It was hell to install, but I had help from my friend mechanic haha, he did some banging and i did some pulling :P Finally had to disassemble the lil bummer.
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #175
kuruptR
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_drifter View Post
Great car, Looks really good !

How is that ARC air box ???

Is it really worth its price ??
yes its worth it. I dont give a shit if it makes any power, it bolts down wicked... I hate the look of stock intake arms with an hks power intake floppin around.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #176
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
dammm this thing keeps on getting more crazy!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #177
reaxion
Zilvia Junkie

reaxion is making a name for him/her selfreaxion is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to reaxion
dude your car is fkin sickness. its cars like yours that keep me goin
reaxion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 PM   #178
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
I am copying your color... I like..
Old 03-26-2008, 09:17 AM   #179
240trainee
Post Whore!

240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, I almost felt like shooting myself after doing that bushing, I did it in the car with the engine out, and only removed the lower portion of the steering column, what a fucking bitch to get back together.

Looking good though man. Can't wait to see it back together, love kouki hatches.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:15 PM   #180
ScottMan
Zilvia Junkie

ScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfectionScottMan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ScottMan
I've been waiting for updates on your car for a while now. I love every bit of it. I know you're usually secretive about your car, but if you care to share, what have you dropped the Brembos for? BBK?