Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #151
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
awesome man I digg your vert like where your taking things How long to you plan to have the car down for?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #152
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
how do you like the turbonetics water/meth kit? i have an aem one but just curious as to the quality of the turbonetics one.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #153
jrvelasco
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jrvelasco is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sell me ur Old setup
jrvelasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #154
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
awesome man I digg your vert like where your taking things How long to you plan to have the car down for?
Thanks man. Should be down for another couple weeks. Gonna drop the motor in with this current turbo set up and hard break in the bottom end.. then throw on the new setup and get it tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
how do you like the turbonetics water/meth kit? i have an aem one but just curious as to the quality of the turbonetics one.
No review on it just yet but stay tuned and i will post up and honest review when its all installed and tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvelasco View Post
Sell me ur Old setup
Got 2 buyers for the only setup if they flake your next.

Update!

Pistons and rods just arrived!

My ka tear down will begin tomorrow!
matts13vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #155
TheClutchKicker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
TheClutchKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
If you don't kind me asking what was the reason for making it look OEM?

Legal problems where your located.

Or just by choice?
TheClutchKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #156
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I loved your car from the first time i saw it!
I have almost the same setup, not so sleeper though :/ how dose it feel to drive? hows the power band with the t25?

mine so far:
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #157
FU12
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
FU12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClutchKicker View Post
If you don't kind me asking what was the reason for making it look OEM?

Legal problems where your located.

Or just by choice?
Legal reasons probably played a big roll in going with a sleeper setup. Cali smog laws are crazy and no one wants to get sent to a ref over it,
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #158
xtopgun32x
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (7)
xtopgun32x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
the custom manifold work looks good but i bet you dont get more than 5000 miles out of it before the welds go. im still giving props but just sayin haha. and in the end if you do have to go with an aftermarket mani dont get ISIS or Megan cuz they last about 1000 miles if not less before they go. just my personal experiences haha. Only manifold i havent broke on my SR setup is the Tomei Expreme, however I haven't tried the HKS but that one costs an arm and a leg.
xtopgun32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #159
Chris28
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Chris28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If it was welded correctly it's not going to fail. I ran an ebay bottom mount manifold for 4 years, well over 1000 miles, and never had a problem with it. Maybe you were doing it wrong?

Definitely an awesome setup OP, parts list looks great. You shouldn't have any problem meeting your power goals.
Chris28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #160
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtopgun32x View Post
the custom manifold work looks good but i bet you dont get more than 5000 miles out of it before the welds go. im still giving props but just sayin haha. and in the end if you do have to go with an aftermarket mani dont get ISIS or Megan cuz they last about 1000 miles if not less before they go. just my personal experiences haha. Only manifold i havent broke on my SR setup is the Tomei Expreme, however I haven't tried the HKS but that one costs an arm and a leg.
Incorrect sir, this manifold has been on my car for almost a year and a half, I have NO flex pipe and I drag my down pipe frequently on speed bumps at school and the welds are still holding up. I must say Alex did a great job welding up the manifold.

I will be re-using this manifold on my next set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris28 View Post
If it was welded correctly it's not going to fail. I ran an ebay bottom mount manifold for 4 years, well over 1000 miles, and never had a problem with it. Maybe you were doing it wrong?

Definitely an awesome setup OP, parts list looks great. You shouldn't have any problem meeting your power goals.
Well said.
Thanks. Hopefully it will all be done soon.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #161
aznfab213
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (55)
aznfab213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
I am loving this build Matt keep up the good work!
aznfab213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #162
nissanwithattitude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
nissanwithattitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
hurry up and finish this thing matt
nissanwithattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #163
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
how did you like the SMIC? i hear they heatsoak really bad and don't allow for a lot of horsepower. i'm probably going to be running a setup similar to yours in the future, and i really don't want to run an fmic, as i live in San diego.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #164
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Get an s15 SMIC good for 300hp or an ARC but they're rare and cost FMIC money or get a PBM and paint it black

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:32 AM   #165
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm180sx View Post
Get an s15 SMIC good for 300hp or an ARC but they're rare and cost FMIC money or get a PBM and paint it black
i was planning to go the s15 route, but they aren't exactly easy to find. at least i don't know how to find them lol. there's only one on ebay, with a dent in the bottom, and no returns no matter what.

as for the pbm one, it looks nice, but it says it can't work with the ac condenser, and i'm certainly not getting rid of ac. =/

any clue on where to get oem s15 side mounts? i'm not really knowledgeable in the whole "ordering oem jdm parts" things.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #166
HyperVerbal
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
HyperVerbal is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14

Question! Has anyone tried fitting this application on a s14? Im trying recreate the same desired look but not sure if s13 piping is the best fitting for all the ka-t applications or if its chassi specific. (I.e. s14 sr smic and piping bolts to s14 etc.) Want the best fitting application. Any ideas and or feedback?

Last edited by HyperVerbal; 07-06-2012 at 04:13 PM..
HyperVerbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #167
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_love_silvia View Post
i was planning to go the s15 route, but they aren't exactly easy to find. at least i don't know how to find them lol. there's only one on ebay, with a dent in the bottom, and no returns no matter what.

as for the pbm one, it looks nice, but it says it can't work with the ac condenser, and i'm certainly not getting rid of ac. =/

any clue on where to get oem s15 side mounts? i'm not really knowledgeable in the whole "ordering oem jdm parts" things.
basically nowhere. keep in mind... smics will work if you aren't hardcore on the throttle. if you're drifting you really shouldn't use a SMIC at all, they get heat soaked fairly easily.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #168
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
^Good point about not drifting on a side mount. Powered by Max used to have a cool FMIC kit for under $300. It was full aluminum and tube and fin. I was talking about that one but oh well. I'm sure they can make another one like it.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:09 AM   #169
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Delayed update

Alright so I have really been lagging on keeping this thread updated, here is what I have been working on for the past few months.

I honestly lost motivation after the first KA24DET build (May '12) blew at WSIR. (later found out the machine shop fucked up my orginal block, and the pistons didnt like it very much)

The car sat for a few months after that, then I came across a Red Bride Artis II (narrower side bolster on one side, perfect for vert since we have wider door panels) that I have been waiting for for over a year now.
After going to pick it up I regained all my motivation!

So after the seat the vert got her first car wash. (no engine in this shot)

Artis II installed.

A few days later a friend of mine hit me up to trade wheels. I traded him my 18x10 +15 AME TM-02 for his 18x10 +10 Work Bersaglio.

Crappy BFG's on my TM-02's delaminated in one run.

After all that was sorted out I shifted my attention to the engine work. I came up with a parts list for an oil cooler setup and I got started.

Here we have a 7" Derale fan that I bought off a friend along with a Derale thermostatic fan switch.

19 row oil cooler was fitted in the passenger side fender area. E-fan was also installed.

Then later that week I picked up this bad boy from Juan (manonegra). Skullworks oil block, sexy ass piece to complete my full AN oil cooler set up.. no lame spin on adapters.

This was my previous oil feed and pressure gauge setup with a NISsport adapter, a little too messy for this build.

So with all the oil cooler parts purchased I began engine assembly.

Main bearing clearances are well within spec. Crank is lubed up and dropped in.

Checking the crankshaft thrust clearance.

File fitting the piston rings.

It's a .040" over Wiseco piston set with Eagle rods. Clevite main and rod bearings went along with them.

Skullworks oil block installed.

ARP head studs installed, setting engine to TDC for timinig chain install.

After this I was fiending for a feast. Got some bomb ass freedom dogs.

After the food coma I resumed my work. I began the port and polish on my head.

I don't have many photos of the intake side, here is the beginning stages of the porting.

While I was porting the head I figured I might as well gasket match the intake manifold.

As soon as I finished the port and polish the head was dropped off for Brian crower valve guide, intake & exhaust valve, dual valve spring with TI retainers and 248 cams to be installed and perfected. This is what I got back.

Felpro HG and head torqued to spec. New timing chain set installed.

Front covers installed.

Gatorback belts were recommended by a friend. (i love them!)

New OEM core plugs installed.

Long block ready to go, 350z stg 3 6 puck paired with a 14lb RB flywheel is visible.

Minty Fresh engine.

Engine was dropped in that ^^ day. The next morning I finally installed my Peak Performance tranny mount that has been sitting for months.

Ignore leaky speed sensor.

Later that day a friend and I began to cut oil cooler line to length and assemble with the Aeroquip Push-lock hose ends. (pain in the ass, but worth it!) We ended up installing the oil filter relocation, oil cooler, and thermostat that night.

Here the thermostatic switch is wired in.

I also ended up swapping my KA Mishimoto radiator for a SR Sonic motor, reason being my old KA rad wouldnt do shit to keep my engine cool on hot ass track days. I never cared much for the crappy design of the inlet and outlet being on the same side so I decided to use the SR rad which has the inlet and outlet on opposite sides.

Since ive been running the SR radiator I have not had one incident of overheating even in dead stopped LA traffic, AC on full blast, and on a hot day.

Last edited by matts13vert; 09-11-2012 at 05:09 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 AM   #170
godrifttoday
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (82)
godrifttoday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 82 reviews
Who u send your head to? How much, if u dont mind?
Old 09-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #171
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godrifttoday View Post
Who u send your head to? How much, if u dont mind?
K&A Head Masters in Fullerton, they did an awesome job! I'm very impressed by their quality of work! Total for R&R: valve guides, valve stem seals, intake valves, exhaust valves, dual valve springs, shimming to proper spec, and a valve job was $290.

I have been driving the car for about 2 weeks now and have put about 600 miles on the rebuild with no issues.

Last edited by matts13vert; 09-11-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #172
nevertheless
Zilvia Junkie

nevertheless is an unknown quantity at this point
Love this vert! Glad the rebuild is holding up.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #173
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertheless View Post
Love this vert! Glad the rebuild is holding up.
Thanks!
Not a doubt it my mind that it will last a very long and happy boosted life. I made damn sure this block was good, and it is. (within 1/2 of factory tolerances)
Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #174
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I can only hope my vert can be this cool lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #175
airhead
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
looking good
Old 09-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #176
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
That oil cooler setup looks legit, bump.
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #177
xxRaika562xx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
xxRaika562xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your Car and built inspires and motivates me to go all out on my silvia coupe! A lot of respect !
xxRaika562xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #178
Irresistible
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
Irresistible is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I enjoyed looking through this. Just out of curiosity, after all that stuff, does the car still pass smog or whatever emission testing you guys have?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #179
SharkMan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
SharkMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Wow... pure sex bro nice job. She looks oh so clean. I like the oil cooler set up, sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Front hugs or from behind hugs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan240 View Post
The Black Star Ninja is my real father...
SharkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #180
Lukasss
Nissanaholic!

Lukasss is an unknown quantity at this point
Dis car be cool in person.
Good job man, glad to see its up and going again
Lukasss is offline   Reply With Quote