Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-21-2015, 11:53 PM   #18361
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
do nankang ns20's stretch good?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #18362
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tuna View Post
Here's a stupid question! I did a 5-lug swap on the rear of my 240 this weekend, also replaced the rotors and pads. When I first applied the brake, they locked up and wouldn't release. Now they release when I apply the brakes and lock when I release the pedal! What is going on here? The calipers and brake lines are stock and I didn't remove them when i did the 5 lug swap. I'm guessing its something stupid i'm just not seeing, any ideas?
That's completely reversed. No way that is a issue from a simple rotor/hub swap. You have an issue with your master cylinder doing things backwards. Coincidence it started at the same time as the swap? Possible...
Old 06-22-2015, 12:55 PM   #18363
shephurd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have stock knuckles and bought 25mm length flca for my s13. What tie rod inner and outer will work with this setup? I was looking at the tein combo or pbm rods. I just want to see what other people are running with the stock knuckles
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:51 PM   #18364
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I just had my machine shop call me they said I need oversized pistons by either 20 thousandths or 30 thousandths.

what are my options here?
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #18365
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_tuna View Post
Here's a stupid question! I did a 5-lug swap on the rear of my 240 this weekend, also replaced the rotors and pads. When I first applied the brake, they locked up and wouldn't release. Now they release when I apply the brakes and lock when I release the pedal! What is going on here? The calipers and brake lines are stock and I didn't remove them when i did the 5 lug swap. I'm guessing its something stupid i'm just not seeing, any ideas?
Did you support the calipers properly after you removed them? Occasionally, people (idiots) will remove the brake calipers and hang them by the rubber brake lines; or worse yet, they accidently drop the brake caliper putting a tremendous strain on the rubber line. This can damage and break the innermost lining in the rubber line, essentially turning it into a one-way check valve. Press the brake pedal and the valve opens, allowing/forcing fluid into the caliper piston. Release the brake pedal, the damaged innermost lining closes, thus not allowing brake fluid to return. The result is a locked up caliper. A damaged inner lining cannot be seen by visually inspecting the outside of the rubber brake line.

How to diagnose: press the brake pedal, release the pedal, check if the caliper is seized. If yes, crack open that specific caliper bleeder screw. If brake fluid comes squirting out under pressure and the caliper releases, you probably have a damaged rubber line.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #18366
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
If BOTH rear calipers are locking up, I would suspect a faulty proportioning valve. Unscrew it from the brake master cylinder and inspect it.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM   #18367
Suicunes

Suicunes is an unknown quantity at this point
Question for the guys with 5 and 6 point harnesses. Trying to figure out where to mount my submarine(nut) belt for my crow 5 point. Where did you guys drill the hole? If you want to send me pics of your set up to my private messages, that'd be awesome! Thanks!
Suicunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #18368
kingJurzy
Zilvia Member

kingJurzy is an unknown quantity at this point
My 98 did not come with factory tweeters. I USED THE SEARCH and found this thread http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=30903.

My question is would wiring tweeters to the door speakers work in providing a signal to the tweeters and would the tweeters do their job and only output higher frequency sounds than the door speakers?

I don't feel like going to a "stereo shop" because I know they are all full of shit. Thanks in advance!
kingJurzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:43 AM   #18369
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone make rear overs/flares larger than 50mm for s14?

Last edited by Kuma; 07-01-2015 at 10:02 AM..
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:47 AM   #18370
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingJurzy View Post
My 98 did not come with factory tweeters. I USED THE SEARCH and found this thread http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=30903.

My question is would wiring tweeters to the door speakers work in providing a signal to the tweeters and would the tweeters do their job and only output higher frequency sounds than the door speakers?

I don't feel like going to a "stereo shop" because I know they are all full of shit. Thanks in advance!
research crossovers.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #18371
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Looking to reupholster my bride zeta ii but what I'm concerned about is the logo. I know most places can embroider a new logo but the zeta ii's have the old bride logo and I can't seem to find a solid picture of it. Anyone have any suggestions how to go about it? I was also thinking of just not getting that piece replaced and fabric spray it to match the new material.
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #18372
scolarson
Leaky Injector

scolarson is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing a ez wire chassis harness kit need to know the color code for the headlight stock i have found wire diagrams but not sure i understand it if anybody can help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated thank you
scolarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #18373
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
can bad flca and tie rod ball joints cause clunking?
Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #18374
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Looking for a (sr20det) time attack build on zilvia, with budget in mind! Please no vvl or vq!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:31 PM   #18375
abcdefg123
Leaky Injector

abcdefg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
With pictures please
Where is the cam angle sensor & crank angle sensor?
abcdefg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:52 PM   #18376
abcdefg123
Leaky Injector

abcdefg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is the cam position sensor and crank position sensor on Ka24e
abcdefg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:11 PM   #18377
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What is this? I'm thinking of relocating it to clean up my engine bay while the motor is out.

Last edited by S14kouki805; 06-09-2017 at 02:38 PM..
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #18378
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
What is this? I'm thinking of relocating it to clean up my engine bay while the motor is out.
I think that has something to do with the egr (or the coil?) if i remember right. If it has to do with the egr (verify that if its an s14) you should be able to unplug it and have no issues, but i'm not sure , im not around my car.

I'm like 70% sure i don't have that hooked up on my s13. ( if that the egr related one)
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #18379
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
my 180sx w/ sr20det was getting flatbedded and everything seemed fine until they started winching it up the now inclined flatbed. coolant started pissing out. We popped the hood and it seems like it was coming from the back of the engine where it meets the tranny.

also, if i idle long enough steam/white smoke comes from that area too.

my question is, what could be back there leaking so much coolant?
Old 06-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #18380
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Resistor for the automatic transmission.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM   #18381
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiyuu View Post
my 180sx w/ sr20det was getting flatbedded and everything seemed fine until they started winching it up the now inclined flatbed. coolant started pissing out. We popped the hood and it seems like it was coming from the back of the engine where it meets the tranny.

also, if i idle long enough steam/white smoke comes from that area too.

my question is, what could be back there leaking so much coolant?
coolant return line for the turbo, sending and return lines for dash heater core on the firewall... thats about it!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #18382
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
OEM or aftermarket?

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #18383
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Resistor for the automatic transmission.
^ this, just thought about it and it wasn't on my manual, thats why I figured you could run without it..........Damn i suck
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:48 AM   #18384
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone having problems with JGS oil feed line not threading in much or is it just me? The first few threads go in fine then after that it becomes super hard to force it in more.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:11 AM   #18385
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
OEM or aftermarket?
If you're talking about the sun/moon roof. That's oem. Idk what else you could be talking about...
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #18386
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontxploitme View Post
If you're talking about the sun/moon roof. That's oem. Idk what else you could be talking about...
Standard sun roof for all early 90's Nissan's. First thing to go is the seal, easy to replace with aftermarket too, if you're careful
Old 06-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #18387
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Hey, ran into an issue after I got my engine bay repainted. Reinstalled the wiper motor now I can't get the wipers to come to their proper resting spot. tried unbolting them several times and repositioning them with no luck. Is there a proper way to reset them?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #18388
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
Geting a vert soon. Looking at getting a 4point, at least, does it eliminate the use of back seats?

Frsport used to have custom roll bars made for the vet vert, but no longer offer that deal.

Any leads to a very vert roll bar? Or will it be a custom job?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2015, 10:14 AM   #18389
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
How can I delete my own threads?
Old 06-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #18390
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of interior im in the process of doing mine but its a mismatch of oem I took out my shit stained grey carpets and orderd some diy black ones and my car looks 10x cleaner with that and deep cleaning all the seats. The only issue im having now is seat belts. Everything is fine, all the plastics are hand cleaned and my dash got some detailing, still has one tiny crack but no one can really see it tbh.

My drivers and passengers are fine but my rear passenger belt on the one side is locked up. The other one is fine. I just got some working seat belt from a local and it was working before but that is also locked up. What do??? I want my back seats in so I can drive some of my 240less and carless mates to some meets and the off chance I'll have more than one female in my hatch lol. Im all for safety when driving and I must have all my belts working. I dont like to risk my life or my passengers life because "weight reduction" of a couple pounds.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote