Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #1831
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
DO IT!!!
$1200 is a steal for something with a pulse option AND watercooled!!!
310amps is more than enough. Unless you have to weld aluminum over 5/8'' thick!

Plus it's a Miller... and Miller's own
1200 british pounds is like $2000USD, but still, not a bad deal from what I've seen.

5/8" - jesus lol. That's like boat-hull status.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2009, 04:54 PM   #1832
Jakob
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to allJakob is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by atutt View Post
DO IT!!!
$1200 is a steal for something with a pulse option AND watercooled!!!
310amps is more than enough. Unless you have to weld aluminum over 5/8'' thick!

Plus it's a Miller... and Miller's own
actually its british pound im in europe, but still i think this is going to be my machine!! and its only 10 hours away
Jakob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:41 AM   #1833
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Jonnie Fraz over at Stealth Custom Fab sent us over a pair of his fender braces. I must admit that these things are bad ass. The parts fit perfectly, and will give us that added stiffness the 240 has always been lacking.

Nice work man.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #1834
Jonnie Fraz
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (29)
Jonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfectionJonnie Fraz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonnie Fraz
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808 View Post
Jonnie Fraz over at Stealth Custom Fab sent us over a pair of his fender braces. I must admit that these things are bad ass. The parts fit perfectly, and will give us that added stiffness the 240 has always been lacking.

Nice work man.
Nice! They look awesome installed! I see you decided to weld them in...no flex now...lol

Stealth-Custom-Fab.com
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #1835
blu808
Post Whore!

blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Haha. Yea I decided that if I ever had a need to remove them, the car would be totaled and it wouldn't matter much anyway.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #1836
JDworkz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
JDworkz has a spectacular aura aboutJDworkz has a spectacular aura aboutJDworkz has a spectacular aura aboutJDworkz has a spectacular aura aboutJDworkz has a spectacular aura aboutJDworkz has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

JDworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #1837
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Well, here is the latest version of my brake ducting set-up.

For the bumper ducts I used one single 3" duct (brake only) and one dual 3" duct (brake and intake) from pegasus. I managed to trim them just right so that they fit almost flush inside the stock bumper. I screwed the ducts into the bumper from the inside as there was really no other way to do it. For the hardware I used a bunch of the screws that hold the window trim onto the top of the doorsill on s-13's. I used them because they have a flat head, are just the right length, and pretty fat so they'll stay in better. I used my 1/4" air wrachet, a 1/4" drive socket, and a screwdriver bit to screw in the screws. This was the only way that I could figure out to attach the ducts as there is just not enough room to get any tools in there. All in all I must admit that I am pretty proud of the way these came out.

For the hose itself I used some 3" brake hose that I got from maeco motorsports (my buddy's old shop) a long time ago. You can get it much cheaper online though. How the hose is fastened and protected from the tire is what I really stole from the shelby racecars. I used some 1/8" x 1" flat stock to actually hold the hose. I basically just bent it into a 3" box and left the bottom open. The hose is trapped in by the pinch weld at the bottom as well. To get the hose in you actually have to feed it through there. This bracket is actually bolted to the chasis using factory bolt holes. For tire protection I marked the position on the hose where the tire rubbed and built a shield out of some aluminum sheet metal that I had laying around. I simply riveted the shield in place. To give some additional tire clearence I crushed the hose right there to about 1/2 it's original diameter. With a 3" hose I am not worried about that constricting the flow too much. I ziptied it all together just to be safe.

To attach the hose to the spindle I basically just took a stock dustshield and welded a piece of 3" exhaust pipe to it. I used a 3" hole saw to make the hole. I located the hole as close to the center as possible, in the rear of the shield, just on top of where the tie rod end attaches. When I went to the r-32 GTR brakes I had to trim the dust shield dramatically as it rubbed everywhere on the rotors. There is just barely enough room to sneak a hose in back there. The hose currently rubs on the nuts for the tie rod ends and has eaten small holes there. It rubs on the coilover at full lock a little as well, it used to rub on the stock swaybar endlink a little (now I have sphericals), and it rubs the brake line enough to crack the little plastic boot over the end of it. If you set it up just right there is just enough room to make it work without any binding. I decided to go to the back of the rotor because first of all it was easier, but also because you REALLY want that cooling air going through the center of the rotor more then the caliper.

Well that's my set-up. Hopefully it will give some of you more ideas as to how to do yours.

I just had to show off the sexy r-32 brakes too!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #1838
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
very nice...

i was thinking about the same thing a lot as of lately. your solution seems to be the easiest and most functional. however, for people who drive their cars with increased steering lock (like me), your concept will not work so good.

so i was thinking about routing the hose from the front end of the car through the space between the frame and the ARB and the tension rod. but depending on the hose diameter, it will probably rub everywhere and break pretty soon. but i think with a 2" hose it should be less of a problem. i'll have a play with that sometime soon.

the simplest solution seems to a piece of sheet metal bolted to the tension rod like the nismo air guides, but i'm not so sure about the efficiency of those.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #1839
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
very nice...

i was thinking about the same thing a lot as of lately. your solution seems to be the easiest and most functional. however, for people who drive their cars with increased steering lock (like me), your concept will not work so good.

so i was thinking about routing the hose from the front end of the car through the space between the frame and the ARB and the tension rod. but depending on the hose diameter, it will probably rub everywhere and break pretty soon. but i think with a 2" hose it should be less of a problem. i'll have a play with that sometime soon.

the simplest solution seems to a piece of sheet metal bolted to the tension rod like the nismo air guides, but i'm not so sure about the efficiency of those.
I have the megan inner tie rod ends that have steering angle spacers built in. My tire touches the frame in the back and my shield in the front at full lock. You will only have steering angle problems if you run smaller tires/lower offsets then me and have a lot of steering correction.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #1840
DRFT180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud ofDRFT180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Links to the ducts from Pegasus? Looks good, clean work

S14 Build
DRFT180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #1841
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT180 View Post
Links to the ducts from Pegasus? Looks good, clean work
Pegasus - Bumper, Headlight, Fog Light, & Air Dam Air Inlet Ducts
Old 06-02-2009, 03:31 PM   #1842
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

Nice work man.
I made some over a year ago. Makes a huge difference.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #1843
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
we finished some shit today

jim from capital auto glass in san jose made a lexan rear window for us so we ewwiwopped that

then we made a sweet carbon fiber center panel that will have hella sweet switches and stuff on it

still gotta sand it and clear coat it and everything
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:37 AM   #1844
blu808
Post Whore!

This car is so fucking awesome.

It's really going to suck when I crash it one day.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #1845
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
that panel is fucking sick! that brake duct setup is pretty hot too
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 07:51 AM   #1846
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i want one, how much?
Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #1847
blu808
Post Whore!

want what? the carbon panel?

If enough people want them we could do a run.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #1848
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Luke please PM me back about the bash bar.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #1849
alexander500
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
alexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond reputealexander500 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

I want one for sure, no bull shit.

I made one out of aluminum and yours look so much better, and mine has gauge hole cut in it I don't need any more.
alexander500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #1850
Volchok
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
Volchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to beholdVolchok is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Volchok
Quote:

i would really be interested in one for a s13

also anyone know if you can get a cf piece that would fit for the gauge cluster?
Volchok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #1851
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

I would definitely want one for an s14.
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #1852
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchok View Post
i would really be interested in one for a s13

also anyone know if you can get a cf piece that would fit for the gauge cluster?
Kognition made cf gauge clusters and radio delete pieces, I'm not sure anyone's done the single piece for A/C controls and radio/din pocket. Looks bomb Luke!

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-09-2009, 11:41 PM   #1853
blu808
Post Whore!

Thanks guys. We made a gauge cluster delete panel, but it is a one off. I am still gauging interest in the ac/din panel.

Check out what BR Racing donated for our drift car. A F430 rear diffuser!

It will be on the s14 soon!
Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #1854
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Thanks guys. We made a gauge cluster delete panel, but it is a one off. I am still gauging interest in the ac/din panel.

Haha, sick! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 AM   #1855
cali_love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cali_love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow omg youre car is hella sick
cali_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #1856
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
I still want to see pics of that side out exhaust under the car.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:42 AM   #1857
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xracer View Post
I still want to see pics of that side out exhaust under the car.
It's not much to look at - turbo-back down below teh firewall, then outside the frame rail back to the exit. All wrapped in header wrap.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #1858
blu808
Post Whore!

Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #1859
Xracer
Zilvia Addict

Xracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to beholdXracer is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Xracer
I forgot that S14's frame rails don't sit as low as S13's.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #1860
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

badass,

also, pleaseeee make the ac/din panel, I would rather not try and make one.
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote