Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #1831
silviaNC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
silviaNC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
^^^Sounds good, should work. But if you pull the front a bit more, you can fit 255s. Rears, have you found tires that has those sizing? I dont remember ever finding 30 series 18s.
Ordered 255/35 and 275/35 hankook.
Falken has 285^30 avaiable and i believe federal as well. I think i might need a 5mm spacer for the front. What u think?
silviaNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #1832
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Trying to order some tires for my kouki at the moment but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Rears are 18x10.5 +22

Fronts are 18X9.5 +12

I'm on Stance GR+

Ideally I would want to run a 225/40 up front and a 265/35 in the rear. (Achilles ATR Sport)

My overall goal is to run minimum camber in the rear. I don't mind running lots of camber in the front. I would also like to keep my metal virgin. I don't mind rolling the lip in but I would like to avoid a pull. I know I won't have issues in the front. But the rear does concern me. What do you fellas think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's because everyone with a zenki feels sorry for themselves and they find commonality in the fact that there's no hope for making them look remotely good.
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #1833
xsephish
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (6)
xsephish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Would
17x9 +12 offset fronts
17x9.5 +12 offset rears
fit on stock metal with just a good roll possibly slight pull or raise the car some?
I have stance gr + pro coils spl rucas
also what ideal tire size on this? I don't want a stretch i want as much tire as i can fit while not throwing the speedo off much if any.
xsephish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #1834
KA-Life86
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
KA-Life86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Trying to order some tires for my kouki at the moment but I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Rears are 18x10.5 +22

Fronts are 18X9.5 +12

I'm on Stance GR+

Ideally I would want to run a 225/40 up front and a 265/35 in the rear. (Achilles ATR Sport)

My overall goal is to run minimum camber in the rear. I don't mind running lots of camber in the front. I would also like to keep my metal virgin. I don't mind rolling the lip in but I would like to avoid a pull. I know I won't have issues in the front. But the rear does concern me. What do you fellas think?
I have 18x10 +22 w 265/35 on my s14, they fit with a flat roll and -2.8* camber
KA-Life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #1835
RB725

Trader Rating: (0)
RB725 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
XXR 18x10.5 on the rear

getting ready to make a a purchase wanted to talk to some knowledgable about the s14 chassis, Rims in mind XXR 526 18x10.5 +20 on the rears, im trying to run at least a 265 or 275 tire with hopes of fitting a 305 . I used the wheel calculator and according to this it states inner clearance 1 MM more, im assuming that means I need one mm more as in a spacer?? and for the outer extend an extra 39mm. Im a little lost. Can someone shed some light on my situation. I wanna run some wicked wide tires but not hella flush bullshit or tires sticking out of my vehicle by 2 feet either. If fenders need to be rolled sweet otherwise what do I do.....besides choose different wheels!!

Last edited by RB725; 11-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: spelling
RB725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1836
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_mac530 View Post
Ok, guys. I have 50mm chargespeeds on the way. I'm looking to go mmore aggressive with my wheel setup. So I have come across a few setups for sale here. My question is, how far can rear overs be "bowed" out? I have seen many different setups run with the overs, and all I'm really going by right now is pictures which is not the best thing to do.

I figure if I go aggressive I might as well get a setup that I will bow the fenders to make fit instead on getting a less aggressive wheel and messing around with spacers and whatnot. I'm also not looking to run a crazy amount of camber either.

I was thinking about picking up some Equips but the rear sizing is 18x13 -18 I believe. Now, I have seen another s14 with the Chargespeeds running an 18x13 -10 Wed wheel. Doesn't look like too much camber, but the car is also way lower than I am. I tried contacting the owner about alignment specs but have gotten no answer. So any help from the overfender experts would be appreciated. Thanks.
Personally, I would have looked for 70mm in the rear just to be safe. You can't really just throw a random number out there and say well they should bow out 50mm more. All depends on how thick the fiberglass is and what the actual measurements of the fender really are. Just cuz they said 50mm, doesnt mean its exactly 50mm.

Also, which Chargespeed fenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN1AS4 View Post
Any advice about me running 18x9 +25 255/40/18 on all 4 corners. I drive a stock body s13 coupe with megan coilovers/RUCA. Spacers shouldn't be needed should they? And I want to run the minimum amount of -camber possible. I know that a roll/pull will probably be needed but nothing to drastic. Any advice would be appreciated.
Should clear no problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaNC View Post
Ordered 255/35 and 275/35 hankook.
Falken has 285^30 avaiable and i believe federal as well. I think i might need a 5mm spacer for the front. What u think?
Wont really know till you put it on. If you dont want to run spacers, you can always slot the strut/knuckle mount out so you can pull the knuckles away from the strut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post

Rears are 18x10.5 +22

Fronts are 18X9.5 +12

I'm on Stance GR+

Considering how wide of a tires you want, you'd need to pull the rears if you dont want to run alot of camber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsephish View Post
Would
17x9 +12 offset fronts
17x9.5 +12 offset rears
fit on stock metal with just a good roll possibly slight pull or raise the car some?
I have stance gr + pro coils spl rucas
also what ideal tire size on this? I don't want a stretch i want as much tire as i can fit while not throwing the speedo off much if any.
Well, you need to make up your mind. Are you gonna lower the car and have tires within 1" of the fenders? If YES, then you'd need to stretch som tires. 225/45-17s all around. If you also want to run wider tires than that, you'd need to pull the fenders or run camber. I'd go with something like 235/40-17 up front and 245/40-17 in the rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB725 View Post
getting ready to make a a purchase wanted to talk to some knowledgable about the s14 chassis, Rims in mind XXR 526 18x10.5 +20 on the rears, im trying to run at least a 265 or 275 tire with hopes of fitting a 305 . I used the wheel calculator and according to this it states inner clearance 1 MM more, im assuming that means I need one mm more as in a spacer?? and for the outer extend an extra 39mm. Im a little lost. Can someone shed some light on my situation. I wanna run some wicked wide tires but not hella flush bullshit or tires sticking out of my vehicle by 2 feet either. If fenders need to be rolled sweet otherwise what do I do.....besides choose different wheels!!
No, the calculator is using whatever wheel specs you put in originally and calculating how the new wheels will fit in reference to that. So with the calculator saying that you will get 1mm more clearance inside, its saying the wheel lip inside of the new rim will be 1mm more AWAY from the suspension. So you actually gain more space inside. The outer extending an extra 39mm means thats how much further the new wheels will stick further out, in reference to the original wheels.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #1837
CharCharXD
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
CharCharXD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What do I have to do to make 18x9 +35 & 18x10.5 +20 fit s14 kouki?
CharCharXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #1838
CharCharXD
Zilvia Junkie

CharCharXD is an unknown quantity at this point
What do I have to do to make 18x9 +35 & 18x10.5 +20 fit s14 kouki? I have dmax coils. What would be the best tires for a big stretch. How big of spacers? I was also thinking about a square setup 18x10.5 +20 all around? Which would you do?
CharCharXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #1839
ME GUSTA
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ME GUSTA is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Probably need a spacer up front to clear coilovers (10-12mm), rears should fit if you roll fenders flat, and ran some decent camber.

i'm new to the 240 platform, so someone with more experience correct me.

I have a square setup 17x9.75 +25 all around with a 10mm spacer up front (effective +15 offset) with a 225 tire and it fits under the front fender with no work.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #1840
B92PPEARL240

B92PPEARL240 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the forum and have searched for awhile trying to find an answer to my ?. This post seems to be the most friendly with tire/rim/offset ?'s. I drag the car only no drifting or road racing, just highway runs and 1320's. It has coilovers rear is high up as they go, so I'm not slammed or anything.

Wanting to run xxr521 16x8 in the rear w/ +20 offset w/ a 255/50r16 mickey thompson
rolled fenders not pulled. Will this work without pulling the fenders or any drastic changes?

89 Hatch
B92PPEARL240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #1841
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
^^^Should work...What coilovers are you running?

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #1842
B92PPEARL240

B92PPEARL240 is an unknown quantity at this point
isis coilovers not great but they ride ok and back adjust soft enough to get somewhat good launces out of it. I have about 15 grand tied up in the car (drivetrain, electronic)so suspension was getting circuit sport, isis and budget minded parts
B92PPEARL240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #1843
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

g_mac530 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to g_mac530
Quote:
Personally, I would have looked for 70mm in the rear just to be safe. You can't really just throw a random number out there and say well they should bow out 50mm more. All depends on how thick the fiberglass is and what the actual measurements of the fender really are. Just cuz they said 50mm, doesnt mean its exactly 50mm.

Also, which Chargespeed fenders?
Picked up the s14 chargespeeds from Ray (frizzle). And I see what your saying. FG is FG and no one mold is going to be 100% identical. I won't be heart broken if the wheels don't fit. I'm really just looking for a lip which could also be achieved with a negative offset 11 or 12 as well.
g_mac530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #1844
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_mac530 View Post
Picked up the s14 chargespeeds from Ray (frizzle). And I see what your saying. FG is FG and no one mold is going to be 100% identical. I won't be heart broken if the wheels don't fit. I'm really just looking for a lip which could also be achieved with a negative offset 11 or 12 as well.
Well, if its chargespeed, then you might be able to flex them more than a US copied fender. JDM kit companies usually lay their fiberglass thin and more flexible than the US ones.

I say, get the wheels you want on, cut the stock fenders, get them seam welded, test fit the fenders with the wheels on so you can see if you'd have to run some camber. Depending on how far out the tires stick will be dependent on how much camber you'd need and how much you'd have to bow out the fenders. Finding that happy medium between bowing the fender and getting your alignment dialed in is where it gets tricky. In an ideal world, you get your alignment done and then get your fenders to fit your setup (wheels/camber).

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #1845
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Well, if its chargespeed, then you might be able to flex them more than a US copied fender. JDM kit companies usually lay their fiberglass thin and more flexible than the US ones.

I say, get the wheels you want on, cut the stock fenders, get them seam welded, test fit the fenders with the wheels on so you can see if you'd have to run some camber. Depending on how far out the tires stick will be dependent on how much camber you'd need and how much you'd have to bow out the fenders. Finding that happy medium between bowing the fender and getting your alignment dialed in is where it gets tricky. In an ideal world, you get your alignment done and then get your fenders to fit your setup (wheels/camber).
Yes, it is going to be tricky. I'm only at -2 camber out back right now, and I know I'll definitely need more than that. But I don't really want to run a crazy amount like -5 or more it just doesn't look right to me. And if I get them and don't like how they fit it is going to be pretty hard to turn around and sell them.
Not many folks want to try and fit an 18x13 lol.

This is the car I was going off of.

He is running 18.13 -10 Weds. I tried contacting him twice, but received no answer. Now the equips are -18 but this gives a pretty good idea of what I'm trying to acheive and the camber out back doesn't look excessive at all.

Last edited by g_mac530; 11-15-2012 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: added pics
Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #1846
stihlayota

stihlayota is an unknown quantity at this point
heres my stupid question, ive googled n searched on here. i keep finding diff answers so i really dk for sure. i have a 5 lug swapped s13, what is the hub bore size?ive found like 62mm n then 72mm then 66mm.. im ordering hubcentric spacers and dont want to get the wrong ones, thanks!
stihlayota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #1847
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stihlayota View Post
heres my stupid question, ive googled n searched on here. i keep finding diff answers so i really dk for sure. i have a 5 lug swapped s13, what is the hub bore size?ive found like 62mm n then 72mm then 66mm.. im ordering hubcentric spacers and dont want to get the wrong ones, thanks!
66.1 msglngth
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #1848
stihlayota

stihlayota is an unknown quantity at this point
thank u sir
stihlayota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #1849
lame_s13
Leaky Injector

lame_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lame_s13 View Post
Just got a good deal on a set of 18x9 +23 wheels that I am going to be installing on my s13 coupe. Will I need spacers to clear stance coils in the front and if so any idea on what size? .

Just wanted to follow up incase anyone had a similar situation. Rear fit fine and fronts needed a 3mm spacer to clear stance coils with 225/40r18 all the way around.

Last edited by lame_s13; 11-17-2012 at 06:22 PM.. Reason: added tire size.
lame_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #1850
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lame_s13 View Post
Just wanted to follow up incase anyone had a similar situation. Rear fit fine and fronts needed a 3mm spacer to clear stance coils with 225/40r18 all the way around.
Are the damn perch holes slotted on the Stance coilovers? If for some reason they're not, slot them and pull the perch out some. That should let you get away from the spacers.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #1851
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
Going from 4.5deg to less than 1deg on the rear with 12.25j rims (not sure of offset)
I want to tuck rim but I'm struggling to find a happy medium between rubbing the coilover and rubbing the tyre on the arch.

I don't want any more than like 2deg camber though, is this even possible? That white kouki up there makes me think so. Is it possible to refit rear overs pinched? I'm just worried that if I remove them and try to re drill the 'pinched' fitment holes they will be too close the the existing ones.

Outside (note rubber dust):

Untitled by ezza_9000, on Flickr

Inside (metal shavings on coilover threads from wheel):

Untitled by ezza_9000, on Flickr

Any ideas suggestions would be great, is there a kit for moving the coilover further inward? If not, why?!
ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:55 AM   #1852
Wyfe

Wyfe is an unknown quantity at this point
can somebody give me good instructions on how to pull fenders to look somewhat like ezza's white S14 up there? i'm not looking to make it perfect, i just want a decent looking pull/flare so i can fit my wheels. the quarter's lips are already rolled. it's on my s13, i can post pictures later, but basically every s13 coupe's rear quarters are the same.

You have received an infraction at Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum.

Reason: Signature Rule Violation
Wyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #1853
amfh403
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (10)
amfh403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Can someone tell me if Weds Mid Disk clears Z32 front brakes? I'm going to purchase a set of wheels and i don't really want to go with the Hi Disk as i want lip. Thanks in advance.
amfh403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #1854
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

^^^More than likely not.

Ezza, Your best bet is to cut the inner off the outter fender so you can pull the upper out some more. Then push the inner up and reweld them back up to the outter to support it back up.

Basically the same shit that Knoop did to his S14.
http://knoop.sumospeed.com/?p=694

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:05 AM   #1855
240dream
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
18x10 +12 clear front coils on s14?
240dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:28 AM   #1856
stealthsr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
stealthsr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey flip! Will tsw jaramas fit 300zx brakes?...
I need to put a little space in there anyways.. Just wanted your input!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #1857
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthsr20 View Post
Hey flip! Will tsw jaramas fit 300zx brakes?...
I need to put a little space in there anyways.. Just wanted your input!
No clue, dont even know what the wheel design look like.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #1858
240dream
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Flip what about my question? Thanks
240dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #1859
g_mac530
Zilvia Junkie

Ezza, what size overs are you running? Keep in mind the white kouki above is running 50mm chargespeeds. Also keep in mind a negative offset will give you more inner clearance from the coilover. I'm also pretty sure he is running more than -2 camber out back to get those wheels to tuck.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #1860
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240dream View Post
Flip what about my question? Thanks
Should clear, I've answered the same question in this thread atleast 395874897594859 times.

CLICK HERE!!!