Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #18901
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Slicerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just replaced my clutch and my car is making a weird growling noise when I depress the clutch for more than a second while the car is cold. This sound doesn't happened once the car is warm though. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slicerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2015, 06:31 AM   #18902
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicerwolf View Post
I just replaced my clutch and my car is making a weird growling noise when I depress the clutch for more than a second while the car is cold. This sound doesn't happened once the car is warm though. Any ideas?

The throw out bearing wasn't greased very well. It floats over the input shaft. I made that mistake my first time, sucked dropping the trans just for that little part.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:17 AM   #18903
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
The throw out bearing wasn't greased very well. It floats over the input shaft. I made that mistake my first time, sucked dropping the trans just for that little part.

So I just need to grease the shaft? Could I just spray some white lithium grease on it through the dust shield hole? I'm not about to drop my tranny again.
Edit: One more question, can you/anyone explain why that only happens before I start driving and then goes away (once it warms up pretty much).

Old 12-17-2015, 10:34 AM   #18904
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
So I just need to grease the shaft? Could I just spray some white lithium grease on it through the dust shield hole? I'm not about to drop my tranny again.
Edit: One more question, can you/anyone explain why that only happens before I start driving and then goes away (once it warms up pretty much).

Better be a precise shot, but I would definitely try.

Did you replace the TOB with clutch kit? Or even re-grease the shaft?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #18905
ProjectSQ

ProjectSQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone tell me if I can run an exhaust cam as an intake cam? How many teeth would it have to be rotated?

ProjectSQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #18906
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Better be a precise shot, but I would definitely try.

Did you replace the TOB with clutch kit? Or even re-grease the shaft?

I did replace the TOB and regrease the shaft. But since it was my first time doing this I would assume I didn't not put enough grease

Old 12-18-2015, 07:08 AM   #18907
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSQ View Post
Can anyone tell me if I can run an exhaust cam as an intake cam? How many teeth would it have to be rotated?

Do you even NICO?

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/cam-swap-ka24de.html
Old 12-18-2015, 08:14 AM   #18908
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Is linking that site even allowed here on zilvia?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #18909
corymaloy
Leaky Injector

corymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to corymaloy
Clean Grandma 240

I came across an 89 240sx with 95k original miles, 1 owner, and it is an old lady. It is fuckin pristine, no tear on the seat, very well maintained. The interior looks like what I would imagine it did when it was new. Original stock wheels and everything.

Only downside is that its an Auto. I dont mind, because I need to daily it for a year or two so before I get my next promotion at work and can start working on it.

What do yo guys think a gem like this is worth?? I literally have never seen a stock 240 this clean, ever.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:07 AM   #18910
Slicerwolf
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by corymaloy View Post
I came across an 89 240sx with 95k original miles, 1 owner, and it is an old lady. It is fuckin pristine, no tear on the seat, very well maintained. The interior looks like what I would imagine it did when it was new. Original stock wheels and everything.

Only downside is that its an Auto. I dont mind, because I need to daily it for a year or two so before I get my next promotion at work and can start working on it.

What do yo guys think a gem like this is worth?? I literally have never seen a stock 240 this clean, ever.

Depends. Does the lady know about "drift tax" or the appeal for the car or does she just think it's a car?

Old 12-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #18911
partytron69000
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
partytron69000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

What are comparable s13's listing for on Craigslist in your area and how much is she asking?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #18912
corymaloy
Leaky Injector

corymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to allcorymaloy is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytron69000 View Post
What are comparable s13's listing for on Craigslist in your area and how much is she asking?

Like I said, nothing compares. I have never seen a stock s13 that is completely clean. It looks like it just rolled off the factory line. Sadly, its plum in color. Apparently that's the rares color, but damn its ugly.

I can't find another s13 in decent condition for less than 5k. They are all shells for 1-2k or molested and modified for 5+k.

Their ad says 4900...
Old 12-18-2015, 10:44 AM   #18913
corymaloy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Depends. Does the lady know about "drift tax" or the appeal for the car or does she just think it's a car?

I think she knows, in her ad she said part of why she wants to sell is that shes tired of people trying to race her and such. It's a pain in the ass for her.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:46 AM   #18914
partytron69000
Leaky Injector

partytron69000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Like I said, nothing compares. I have never seen a stock s13 that is completely clean. It looks like it just rolled off the factory line. Sadly, its plum in color. Apparently that's the rares color, but damn its ugly.

I can't find another s13 in decent condition for less than 5k. They are all shells for 1-2k or molested and modified for 5+k.

Their ad says 4900...
So...what's the issue? If it's listed at 4900, they obviously are aware that s13's sell for double blue book, so I doubt they'll bite on much less. Is it worth 4900 to you is the real question.

Old 12-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #18915
corymaloy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by partytron69000 View Post
So...what's the issue? If it's listed at 4900, they obviously are aware that s13's sell for double blue book, so I doubt they'll bite on much less. Is it worth 4900 to you is the real question.

Idk, i felt it was worth more... kbb is BS anyways. I was thinking it was like 6-7k... Clearly I was wrong. Ha.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #18916
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Id offer her $3800-$4000 and go from there. give yourself some wiggle room to negotiate. just dont bother making an offer unless you have the full asking price in cash in hand. money does talk when in person. low ball her a bit and keep in mind that after a GOOD deal, both parties involved hurt a little bit after the transaction is complete

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #18917
corymaloy
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Id offer her $3800-$4000 and go from there. give yourself some wiggle room to negotiate. just dont bother making an offer unless you have the full asking price in cash in hand. money does talk when in person. low ball her a bit and keep in mind that after a GOOD deal, both parties involved hurt a little bit after the transaction is complete
Haha, never heard that before, but sounds about right. I sent her an offer, so we will see.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:24 AM   #18918
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Haha, never heard that before, but sounds about right. I sent her an offer, so we will see.
youve obviously never dated a russian girl lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:26 PM   #18919
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
recently got my s13 silvia CF seibon hood in, and I will be painting it along with the entire car.
Is there anything I should know about buffing and painting CF. the hood comes all clearcoated and such, because they think you will be running it without paint, but I definitely need to paint it so it looks nice with the oem aero feel of the car. Can I just buff it a bit, prime, and paint it like any other part of the car? or is there special considerations?

Just wanted to make sure, because from what i've searched that seems exactly what you do, but this was expensive and I don't wanna screw it up.
(like last time with my ignorant integrated brake work)
sorry for the probably obvious question, I just am a little anxious to just leap into something like I usually do.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #18920
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anyone got sr 5 speed trans length? bellhousing to output shaft

also, anyone know if i can swap yokes from a 6 speed onto a 5 speed driveshaft?
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #18921
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
recently got my s13 silvia CF seibon hood in, and I will be painting it along with the entire car.
Is there anything I should know about buffing and painting CF. the hood comes all clearcoated and such, because they think you will be running it without paint, but I definitely need to paint it so it looks nice with the oem aero feel of the car. Can I just buff it a bit, prime, and paint it like any other part of the car? or is there special considerations?

Just wanted to make sure, because from what i've searched that seems exactly what you do, but this was expensive and I don't wanna screw it up.
sorry for the probably obvious question, I just am a little anxious to just leap into something like I usually do.
It's like anything else. You don't buff it, you sand it.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:39 AM   #18922
ProjectSQ

ProjectSQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Right right right sorry I should have specified...

I was referring to the red top sr20det

ProjectSQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #18923
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:

OK, it;s an UNDER 100k car, single owner, minty condition. Sans drift tax, the car markets nation wide for 3800 - 4800.
IF you are serious about this car(THAT Purple is the shit! I would kill for any nice shaped running s-chassis in the rare purple color) Ask her to meet, and show her 3800 cash. Tell her you have a little wiggle room and ask for her counteroffer. Keep your cash in 200 amounts in separate pockets, or single folded so you can pull 200 at a time.
Pop the hood and trunk, open the doors. My guess is you will find perfection, no blemishes. Check the HUD if it has one, check radio all the things, and simply negotiate to your limit of 4800. IF she insists on 4900 while looking at all the cash in hand, make sure you have it because you will never find another car like this one. Shoot, I have a rebuilt, clean titled s14 that I am rebuilding the head on, has new Stop Tech/Centric Sport brakes all around, AC blows cold, heat hot, needs a dash, but I have one I am restoring. It's custom gunmetal with black roof and c pillars and a 5 speed. I'll trade straight across for your purple auto coupe, no problem
Old 12-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #18924
cbeuglas
Zilvia Member

cbeuglas is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is my thought buy it swap it and keep it as a weekend car. I would not drift it as is is too orginal and drifting will destroy it. At this point it is almost impossible to fid a well maintained oginal sooner or later none will exist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
cbeuglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #18925
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
It's like anything else. You don't buff it, you sand it.
thanks, just wanted verify, thats exactly what someone had said on an old thread.

I already have a sander hooked up, cuz I sanded the rest of the car, so I'll give her a quick sand.

Thanks man
Old 12-20-2015, 07:05 AM   #18926
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Bfore you go taking a sander to it, you don;t want to sand it hard.

400-800 grit, BY HAND. All you are doing is taking the slight gloss off the clear.
Have you thought about using your base color to tint clear over teh CF? This gives you the color, but the weave of the CF shows through the paint. It looks wicked when it's done because the car is all one color, but as you get closer, the hood's CF shows through
Old 12-20-2015, 12:53 PM   #18927
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Bfore you go taking a sander to it, you don;t want to sand it hard.

400-800 grit, BY HAND. All you are doing is taking the slight gloss off the clear.
Have you thought about using your base color to tint clear over teh CF? This gives you the color, but the weave of the CF shows through the paint. It looks wicked when it's done because the car is all one color, but as you get closer, the hood's CF shows through
thanks, I'll pick up some of that grit when I get some painters plastic to make the booth out of.

also I doubt I could do something super fancy, because I will be having a family member who's painted before painting the car for me. and he's not necessarily like a super badass at it, but we'll see
Old 12-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #18928
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
dasdxcfvxcvxvcxvxcv

Last edited by solo_ryder; 01-01-2016 at 02:10 PM.. Reason: no need
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:11 PM   #18929
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The tag is what matters.

Quick google search: http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...de=GRT-TBO-004
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #18930
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
thanks, I'll pick up some of that grit when I get some painters plastic to make the booth out of.

also I doubt I could do something super fancy, because I will be having a family member who's painted before painting the car for me. and he's not necessarily like a super badass at it, but we'll see
I wouldn't go that high of a grit. Block it with 220/320/fill imperfections and prime it. Then 400 and paint. I normal just block primer with 320 and shoot it single stage. Don't sand anything but edges and hard to reach areas by hand. Use a soft block.