Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-12-2016, 10:54 AM   #19351
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Don't give advice if you don't know what the fuck your are talking about.

You can easily support the engine with a cherry picker. Guys also use a jack, but I wouldn't do that unless you have an aftermarket aluminum cast pan.
it would be much easier with the engine out though,

If he has baby hands, and wants to lean the engine over thats fine, I wouldn't enjoy doing it that way.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2016, 11:28 AM   #19352
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Everything is easier when the engine is out, but who wants to add that hassle to what ever they're doing?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:43 AM   #19353
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
Everything is easier when the engine is out, but who wants to add that hassle to what ever they're doing?

And cost. Pulling the engine requires at minimum a coolant flush and new transmission fluid.

It's a mess and a pita.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #19354
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
And cost. Pulling the engine requires at minimum a coolant flush and new transmission fluid.

It's a mess and a pita.

Cutting the shit out of your hands while trying to work in a tight space is also a pita .

Just gotta pick your poison I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #19355
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Cutting the shit out of your hands while trying to work in a tight space is also a pita .

Just gotta pick your poison I guess

Sorry for the soft girly hands.

Be a Mak and suck it up.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #19356
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Be a Mak and suck it up.
having soft hands makes it easier to whack it tho

It's just a never ending cycle of losing
Old 03-12-2016, 05:00 PM   #19357
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
After scouring the Electrical portion of the FSM I still cannot identify the parts Im interested in, Im turning to you guys to hopefully help me out.

First, I spotted a mysterious box underneath the trunk, by the passenger side rear wheel, closer to bumper, and I do not know what it is bc I do see some harness connections there. I think this is the charcoal canister. (EDIT)

Next, adjacent to my steering wheel is a bulgy red light, it does not turn on and Id like to know what it is supposed to indicate.

Lastly, I recently purchased an AC trim that came with the array of 4 horizontal buttons, the left-most one has a red bulb and wires running from behind it; mine doesnt have them, is that possibly security system? Either way, I need to identify it too.

<3

Last edited by DJTTon; 03-12-2016 at 05:52 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:00 PM   #19358
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Lastly, I recently purchased an AC trim that came with the array of 4 horizontal buttons, the left-most one has a red bulb and wires running from behind it; mine doesnt have them, is that possibly security system? Either way, I need to identify it too.
Yes it is security system.
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:01 PM   #19359
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Well, I currently dont have one... Inb4 I get shit for lack of security (I know) but what should I do with it then? I might replace the button with the blank oem one
Old 03-12-2016, 08:22 PM   #19360
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
You absolutely do not have to pull the motor to change the mounts.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #19361
MR_GUTTI
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
MR_GUTTI is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Can I use r33 rb25det piston ring on a rb25det neo??? I know neo rings have a different part number but I already have a set from an r33. Thanks!!!!
MR_GUTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #19362
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

IACV cut connector harness

The other day I noticed that the purple connector in the picture is cut on my KA, Ive been doing a lot of research on this but all I can tell is that its part of the overall smog/emissions/Idle Air Control Valve system and that theyre all inter-connected.

Im wondering what I should do bc I know many folks take out that part of their cars because its irrelevant (btw 95 zenki) and Im wondering if I should do the same. I really cant tell any bad symptoms of the car's performance bc Im not experienced yet but Im looking for input on this topic

Credit goes to user GUZZLE7 who posted this photo in another thread
Old 03-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #19363
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
You absolutely do not have to pull the motor to change the mounts.
Damn...
Reading through this thread on motor mounts was like watching the school bully go at the retarded kid. Just plain stupid.

Get a jack and four of those wooden auto dollys from Harbor Freight. Jack that bitch up, set the dollys under the tires, then get under it and loosen the motor mounts. Now jack that fucking block up enough to pull those janky assed old mounts and toss them. Now you can easily place the new sweet aftermarket mounts, drop the block back on, remove the dollys, and get back to dailying your street racer.
For fucks sake, it's the easiest part to change outside the valve stem cap...smmfh

W just swapped out a blown KA for a S15 SR20, and those mounts were freakin easy. Before that it was done in a different car so yeah, its like skill level one shit. Now you bullys stop teasing the retarded kids and get back to 240ing
Old 03-13-2016, 09:54 AM   #19364
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
@DJTTon if it's not doing any harm I'd leave it alone. If you can, you should block off the EGR and just leave the air solenoids alone. That's how my KA is and it's fine
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:02 AM   #19365
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

WEll thats the thing, idk if any harm is being done. So far only the purple connector doesnt have any wires running to it, its been cut. Everything else is in place. The solenoids and the EGR intake
Old 03-13-2016, 10:29 AM   #19366
Javi802
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Javi802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does anybody know if the isis power steering line requires a copper washer where it connects to the rack? It didnt come with one and the OE line didnt have one there either.
Javi802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #19367
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi802 View Post
Does anybody know if the isis power steering line requires a copper washer where it connects to the rack? It didnt come with one and the OE line didnt have one there either.
no, they don't.
I put teflon on mine just cuz it makes me feel good, but if you do that, make sure there's no way the teflon get's into the power steering system, because it has a fair amount of small holes, and you don't want to mess it up.
I just put the teflon on the back half of the threads. you probably don't need any teflon, I was just sorta taught to put teflon on like everything for no reason
Old 03-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #19368
Javi802
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Javi802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Awesome. Thanks man!
Javi802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #19369
corkscrew
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
corkscrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
WEll thats the thing, idk if any harm is being done. So far only the purple connector doesnt have any wires running to it, its been cut. Everything else is in place. The solenoids and the EGR intake
Sounds like you need a new sub harness then. Or go to a junk yard and snip off a compatible connector
corkscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #19370
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Would you be able to PM me and briefly describe what that missing part does though?
Old 03-13-2016, 08:46 PM   #19371
KA24sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Interested in the bolt on roll cage from cusco and found they have two types. One is the regular one and the other safety 21 thats steel. Does anyone know which one is better. Looking to install a 6 point
Old 03-13-2016, 11:50 PM   #19372
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
So this is weird.

I've been driving my car a lot recently, and I noticed that my right side front wheel doesn't fit as well as it did when I put the new wheels on a few weeks ago.
There's about a finger's width of gap, and before I couldn't even fit a credit card in there.
The alignment doesn't feel any different at all and no arms are bent.

What the hell did I do?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:43 AM   #19373
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
So this is weird.

I've been driving my car a lot recently, and I noticed that my right side front wheel doesn't fit as well as it did when I put the new wheels on a few weeks ago.
There's about a finger's width of gap, and before I couldn't even fit a credit card in there.
The alignment doesn't feel any different at all and no arms are bent.

What the hell did I do?
when was the last time your changed your lower control arm bushings and ball joints?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:55 AM   #19374
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:

Be a Mak and suck it up.
x2

You're a complete ass-hat if you pull a motor/transmission to replace engine mounts.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 11:03 AM   #19375
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Was hoping I could find out the problem myself but I'm stumped.

My RB would Idle for a bit but as soon as I pressed the gas it would bog and die(It has a z32 maf so I kinda just thought its because I don't have a tune yet). I got lucky probably one or two times where I could make it rev. Told my self Il try to fix out this problem next week.

A week later.... now all it does is start then immediately dies. I'm pretty sure its something fuel related because I had changed my igniter and it wouldn't start (but fuel is still going to the engine) I changed out to my other igniter that makes the car start and it began to idle for a few seconds before dying. Makes me think not enough fuel is going to the engine?? Yet I have an upgraded fuel pump but a stock FPR.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #19376
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Would using motorkote on a 160k KA24de engine be beneficial? My dad wants to use some but idk if itll do any harm
Old 03-14-2016, 01:03 PM   #19377
Itsuki Takeuchi
Leaky Injector

Itsuki Takeuchi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Would using motorkote on a 160k KA24de engine be beneficial? My dad wants to use some but idk if itll do any harm
sorry but could you elaborate more on what MOTORKOTE product you are wanting use. Such as running their motor oil or using additives like sludge remover n such....
Itsuki Takeuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #19378
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

I think he's referring to the motor oil lubricant
Old 03-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #19379
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quick question probably dumb question, but will running an fat o2 sensor for a sr20 on a redtop ecu and red top engine throw everything out of whack?
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #19380
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
Quick question probably dumb question, but will running an fat o2 sensor for a sr20 on a redtop ecu and red top engine throw everything out of whack?
Should be matched up to the ECU since the fat and skinny types read differently.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote