Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #1921
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I totally forgot all about the Mini Cooper. I guess it is still possible for car makers to build a lightwieght 2+2...

I went to MSN.com and did a comparison on the Mini Cooper to other vehicles in it's demographic and it seems that the current gen Civic coupe also wieghs in under 2700lbs...
These are good signs...
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #1922
SR_Vlurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
SR_Vlurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to SR_Vlurs
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I would much rather the car be 2600 lbs or less, come with only 150-160hp, but come in at or under $20k.

Cheaper insurance, better mileage, more sales, more incentive for aftermarket development, more capital to reinvest in TRD programs.

You can always add power (esp. the way modern cars are tuned like shit from the factory), even w/ NA cars.

Do what Renault (Twingo) and Mitsubishi (EVO 8 RS) did and offer a stripper race version that's actually even lower cost.

Less weight > all.
i agree with zero here but i would prefer for toyota to make it around 200 or so hp
but yea nissan needs to get their shit rolling....
Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #1923
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WILDACEX187
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Vlurs View Post
i agree with zero here but i would prefer for toyota to make it around 200 or so hp
but yea nissan needs to get their shit rolling....
subaru doesnt make any n/a 2.0 200hp engines so dont keep your hopes up.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #1924
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
^ but toyota can bump it up a little closer to that mark, which is actually what's being planned supposedly.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #1925
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
^ but toyota can bump it up a little closer to that mark, which is actually what's being planned supposedly.
^VVTLI should help give it some more power. Not to mention Subaru ridiculously detunes their engines.
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #1926
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

WILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond reputeWILDACEX187 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pactin View Post
^VVTLI should help give it some more power. Not to mention Subaru ridiculously detunes their engines.
vvtli is a toyota thing that will not work on a ej20. i dont even think ej20's came with avcs. dont hold your breath on 200 hp 2.0 boxer motor. my guesstimate is around 170-185hp mark.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #1927
Pactin
Leaky Injector

Pactin is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDACEX187 View Post
vvtli is a toyota thing that will not work on a ej20. i dont even think ej20's came with avcs. dont hold your breath on 200 hp 2.0 boxer motor. my guesstimate is around 170-185hp mark.
You're right, only the 2.5L came w/ AVCS. But honestly, how hard is it to put in some extra cam profiles and timing?
Pactin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #1928
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
OH GOD NO! DON'T WANT!

I hope we don't get this version. The proportsions are exactly what I DON'T want out of this thing. It doesn't look as bad from the back, kinda BMW-like. But nothing like the sexy FT86 version. I will be PISSED THE FUCK OFF if we only get this version.
Spy Shots: Toyota-Subaru coupe prototype caught ringin' der Nürburg — Autoblog

Quote:
Toyota's FT-86 concept, which will be officially unveiled at next week's Tokyo Motor Show, combines attractive, aggressive aesthetics, rear-wheel drive and a Subaru-sourced boxer engine with the hopes of injecting a bit of passion into the Japanese automaker's admittedly sterile lineup. And since the vehicle has reportedly been a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru all along, we've been anxiously awaiting the Subaru-branded coupe that is sure to follow.

Last week, we gave you an update regarding Subaru's progress with its half of the Toyobaru project, complete with a sketch-tastic rendering from the UK's Autocar. Fast forward to today, and although we can't be sure if this Nürburgring-circling, cobbled-together prototype is a Subaru effort or a Toyota joint, it appears to be a development of the FT-86 that we know is headed for production.

As shot here by our friends at KGP Photography, the little coupe is well disguised, but it looks like a Fuji Heavy project to us, as it shares some Subaru design hallmarks. Up front, the masked prototype takes on the basic shape of the WRX, with bold, bulging curves and a snub nose. There is no trademark Subaru hood scoop, but the big hood has a very aggressive appearance. Out back, the car's rump is also Impreza hatch-like, with a massive rear wing disguised by some heavy camo. It isn't at all clear that what's seen here is in any way, shape or form production bodywork, but we wouldn't be surprised to see the Scooby crew adopt a chunkier aesthetic than their compatriots at Toyota.

The basic layout of the vehicle also appears to favor motivation via the rear wheels, as the 2+2 cabin is pushed back over the rear axle. The Subaru will likely sport the same direct injection 2.0-liter boxer engine currently sitting under the hood of the Toyota concept. If the little boxer can indeed produce nearly 200 horsepower as has been rumored, we're thinking it will be solid punch for the Subaru, as the Toyota FT-86 is nearly a foot shorter than an Impreza and the spy photos show what appears to be a very small form factor. Add turbocharging down the line and we suspect you've got a tuner's delight capable of taking on the big boys.

Word on the street is that Subaru isn't quite sold on the idea of the Toyota-designed rear-wheel drive platform, which may or may not be able to accommodate Subaru's signature all-wheel drive setup. We're not sure that theory makes much sense if the two are collaborating on concept versions of the vehicle, and it would be difficult to understand how Subaru could enter such an agreement without first knowing whether it could add its trademark drivetrain, but we've heard this word ourselves from Subie folks as well, so perhaps Toyota is throwing some of its weight around.

Check out the high-res gallery below and our spy shooter's thoughts after the jump.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #1929
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
^DO NOT WANT!!!!

That is fugly. I would rather drive an 96 Acura Integra.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #1930
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
It's a test mule with cobbled up pieces from the parts bin.

Remember the test mule for the Mercedes SLS that had cobbled bits from the Dodge Viper?
Mercedes Amg Prototype Spy Shots — Autoblog

If anything should be taken seriously....it would be just the wheelbase.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #1931
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
It's a test mule with cobbled up pieces from the parts bin.

Remember the test mule for the Mercedes SLS that had cobbled bits from the Dodge Viper?
Mercedes Amg Prototype Spy Shots — Autoblog

If anything should be taken seriously....it would be just the wheelbase.
I know I know. But just saying...
Old 10-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #1932
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I know I know. But just saying...WHAT IF
Fixed

I would hope Toyo/Suby could see that thing is hideous and not release it, then again someone had to approve the Pontiac Aztec too and we all see how that went.

The Nissan fanboy deep inside me wants to believe that Nissan is sitting back biding their time. The quiet before the storm.

The realist in me however is wondering how the new 86 is going to perform against the Genesis.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:51 PM   #1933
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
Fixed

I would hope Toyo/Suby could see that thing is hideous and not release it, then again someone had to approve the Pontiac Aztec too and we all see how that went.

The Nissan fanboy deep inside me wants to believe that Nissan is sitting back biding their time. The quiet before the storm.

The realist in me however is wondering how the new 86 is going to perform against the Genesis.
They were quit about the Leaf. They let GM make a big deal about the Volt and then BAM came out with a ball buster. So who knows.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #1934
Neejay
Post Whore!

Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Wouldn't surprise me. The new WRX looks like shit to me (minus STI).
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #1935
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Someone chop the roof, photoshop sucks on my laptop.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #1936
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neejay View Post
Wouldn't surprise me. The new WRX looks like shit to me (even the STI).
See what I did there?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #1937
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
They were quit about the Leaf. They let GM make a big deal about the Volt and then BAM came out with a ball buster. So who knows.

Yes, Nissan can be very quiet when it comes to future cars. We won't know anything until a near production prototype or test mule is spotted. Then Nissan will admit they are working on said car.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM   #1938
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
test mule or prototype the body looks like crap. body panels & lights from different cars. Also looks like a cut-in-half sedan meshed with a hatchback from who knows what kinda car.
Tignometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #1939
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Yes, Nissan can be very quiet when it comes to future cars. We won't know anything until a near production prototype or test mule is spotted. Then Nissan will admit they are working on said car.
Only car I can think of in recent memory they did the opposite with was the Skyline/GTR and the 350z. But that was damn near 10 years ago now that those original concepts came out. At least it feels like it's been that long.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #1940
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Only car I can think of in recent memory they did the opposite with was the Skyline/GTR and the 350z. But that was damn near 10 years ago now that those original concepts came out. At least it feels like it's been that long.
They just did the opposite with the opposite with the next GTR. Though I can see them letting the genesis and the Ft86 build up anticipation for them and then just drop a bomb and act like nothin happened. When is the next major autoshow?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #1941
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
They just did the opposite with the opposite with the next GTR. Though I can see them letting the genesis and the Ft86 build up anticipation for them and then just drop a bomb and act like nothin happened. When is the next major autoshow?
I was referring to the current gen GTR. The original GTR concept came out in like 2001. It went through several iterations before it came to be what it is today some 8 years later.

I don't want to see that happen with an SX.

It's equally not as important and as import as the GTR. If that makes sense.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #1942
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:

what the fuck is that?
Old 10-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #1943
SR_Vlurs
Zilvia Member

SR_Vlurs is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to SR_Vlurs
^^ hopefully its just like what they said a mashed up body and btw WILDACEX187 read the article about the FT-86 they said they were gonna try to produce 200hp from that motor bro
Old 10-13-2009, 03:14 PM   #1944
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
True, but they were like this with the 370z, Maxima, Altima Coupe and G convertible.

Even though we all felt confident these models would come out.

Quote:
When is the next major autoshow?
Toyko Motor Show 2009 (next week)
Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #1945
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Even though we all felt confident these models would come out.
Amen brother.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #1946
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
im sure the rear window and quater panel areas are going to change considerably when debuts...will prolly still hold that bulbus butt rear end thing subbie has going on in the WRX...but this looks like a chassis test built on a very early version of the sheet metal

need i remind you guys of the cut up G35 coupe that was the GTRs test chassis that was photgraphed traveling around the nurburgring some number of years ago before the GTR came out in almost production sheet metal??? wasnt exactly pretty, and thats for damn sure

this mule reminds me of the one that popped out last year sometime (it was a white test mule that was spotted in japan i believe)...i think mel posted it some 20-30 pages ago???

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #1947
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I hope that is just a test mule of the car. There's no way in hell I would come near something like that.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #1948
meteorite_flo
Zilvia Addict

meteorite_flo is a well-known jackass
of course it's just a test mule, that shit looks super deformed.
meteorite_flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #1949
WILDACEX187
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Vlurs View Post
^^ hopefully its just like what they said a mashed up body and btw WILDACEX187 read the article about the FT-86 they said they were gonna try to produce 200hp from that motor bro
im done with this topic
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #1950
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
I was referring to the current gen GTR. The original GTR concept came out in like 2001. It went through several iterations before it came to be what it is today some 8 years later.

I don't want to see that happen with an SX.

It's equally not as important and as import as the GTR. If that makes sense.
I think they may have made that to build anticipation. The Skylines were legendary all over. They had to spend that time to make sure the GTR was the shit. 240's don't even have half the allure. When the economy was in its shittiest point all the car manufactures supposedly cancelled their cars around the same time. Now that Hyundai and Toyota are going to have entry level, RWD turbo I4's it makes sense for Nissan to do the same.

It would bring their line up back to what it once was.

Silvia-Fair Lady-Skyline
SX-370z-GTR

It would be killer if they brought out a concept at the Tokyo auto show, but that is super fan boy dreaming