Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #1951
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ Wtf that trunk looks like its made out of play-doh
Old 09-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #1952
HORShi
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
HORShi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Went back a few pages and didn't see this.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4646384599.html

See guys,

When Subject A & B reproduce Subject C...(which is what we have here above)...this is the critical point in biological sciences we must proceed to neuter both Subject A and B to prevent such abominable atrocities from ever occurring...ever. We must understand, this is for the greater good guys. Prevent 1 = Hundreds saved.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:05 AM   #1953
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Salvage title.... No body damage..

I'm glad to see insurance companies will now just total out this shit boxes on sight.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #1954
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
^ Wtf that trunk looks like its made out of play-doh

Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #1955
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
"with a little paint, some body work, and better fitting wheels that would be fine, I see nothing wrong with that abomination"

Sorry figured I would say before someone else excused it... I mean he did buy legit parts so he gets a pass too right?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #1956
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35gabby View Post
"with a little paint, some body work, and better fitting wheels that would be fine, I see nothing wrong with that abomination"

Sorry figured I would say before someone else excused it... I mean he did buy legit parts so he gets a pass too right?

Miss matched used coils are legit parts?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #1957
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
A lot of those cars are harder to drive because of the style, so seeing them move the way they do is pretty impressive.

Respect for taking a car that looks like Final Bout car on track in the first place and driving hard.

QFT

Also, the cars at Final Bout were rad as shit. I didn't even realize that was up for discussion.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #1958
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Like you said his friends/fans will be biased.
Form vs. function will rage on till we all die of ebola and no one will win.
A lot of those cars are harder to drive because of the style, so seeing them move the way they do is pretty impressive.
Respect for taking a car that looks like Final Bout car on track in the first place and driving hard.
Anyone can drive a bad looking car with no care and smash it up, and eventually become a decent driver or better.

It is really down to why a person got into cars/driving in the first place.
A. You like cool cars
B. You like going fast
C. You like to do what is popular
D. A and B
This is a completely valid point. I do agree with you. Final bout was a sick concept. The cars were awesome, and i'm not at all discrediting it. I just personally prefer making my car function well and look nice, I wouldn't sacrifice the functionality of it. so I can have mad tight fitment yo.

As with anything. It's a give and take. Some people's happy medium is differen't than other.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #1959
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
repost whoops
Old 09-04-2014, 11:20 AM   #1960
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
Everyone on here must hate the dude in the background Brandon. King missile car himself. Even though it was always a blast to watch him drive.

Yeah I guess i'm a total retard. I didn't realize how well you knew me.

Please, post some more picture of your sick car.

Chelsea and I did an experiment after discussing this thread. He posted a status asking what people would rather see. A nice well built car doing mediocre, or a hoopdee killing it. Got to his fan page and look at the responses.

Granted his fans are biased towards that type of driving.

I'm not saying final bout wasn't cool. I'm just saying driving is about driving first and foremost. An attractive car only ADDS to the effect, it doesn't make it.
This thread is not about how much skill you have behind the wheel, its about s chassis's that look like shit and well that camo s13 looks like shit. lol

Id much rather see medicore drifting with stylish japanese influenced cars rather than a piece of crap going around the track "killing it." I could care less what people on his fan page say. Thats my opinion though so who really cares.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #1961
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Doesn't matter bro.... haven't you been following along. Double legit for two different brands of coils.

Sorry, the "poor execution vs shit build" in some peoples eyes isn't the same thing. That S14.5 abomination is so doing it wrong, but had it had a set of CCWs or VSXX inevitably would have defended that pile. Regardless of how jank it is.

Was more making a point. I think that thing is an embarrassment to all Nissan owners. Only positive I see is it being a Cali car, and not a Florida car.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #1962
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
As with anything. It's a give and take. Some people's happy medium is differen't than other.
Truth. And that shouldn't really cause a conflict, in real life at least.
The internet is just for fun though.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #1963
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Sorry, the "poor execution vs shit build" in some peoples eyes isn't the same thing. That S14.5 abomination is so doing it wrong, but had it had a set of CCWs or VSXX inevitably would have defended that pile. Regardless of how jank it is.
Alright the navan you posted was kind of questionable but people didn't mean to discredit you. this "conversion" is obviously a lot worse off than that one that appeared to just need corners, grille, paint.

(we did later find out it's auto, and up for sale as a "complete daily" which does make it pretty wrong though.)
Old 09-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #1964
blockedwizard
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
blockedwizard is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
How was the driving at finalbout mediocre, from the snippets of footage I've seen it looked like a blast. That video from before gave me goose bumps seeing those properly executed cars sliding together.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #1965
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericsmith View Post
Alright the navan you posted was kind of questionable but people didn't mean to discredit you. this "conversion" is obviously a lot worse off than that one that appeared to just need corners, grille, paint.

(we did later find out it's auto, and up for sale as a "complete daily" which does make it pretty wrong though.)
I wasn't really even going on about that, the same was done about that Red Coupe a few pages back. Was just pointing out the flawed line of thinking that seems to be going on here.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #1966
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
That's right. It's just like mismatched wheels! Totally cool (especially if they are some JDM tyte brand and 20 years old).

I love when it looks like a car has a bunch of seagull shit all over it.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:31 PM   #1967
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
nvrmind..................
Old 09-04-2014, 01:32 PM   #1968
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

What is really indicative of the #missile #aintcare #hoon trend being "cool" is people even make their cars look like shit on video games! How laughable.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #1969
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
nvrmind..................
edit: nvm also then!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #1970
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Final bout was a sick concept. The cars were awesome, and i'm not at all discrediting it. I just personally prefer making my car function well and look nice, I wouldn't sacrifice the functionality of it. so I can have mad tight fitment yo.
So Formula D, and what D1 has become. Big budget, stadium, horsepower contest, show events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshchewuhh View Post
Id much rather see medicore drifting with stylish japanese influenced cars rather than a piece of crap going around the track "killing it." I could care less what people on his fan page say. Thats my opinion though so who really cares.
So Doriten, MSC, etc.

Two different things entirely IMO. Regardless of which you subscribe too cases of doing it wrong can be found in both.

Post more shitboxes.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #1971
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OK un-nvrmind...

I may be misunderstanding, but are these two cars the same?

Old 09-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #1972
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

wasn't referencing any specific cars there. Mismatched anything is doing it wrong whether its wheels, brakes, suspension (side/side), interior (seats), body panel colors etc.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 PM   #1973
PIEMAN909
Zilvia Junkie

PIEMAN909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
What is really indicative of the #missile #aintcare #hoon trend being "cool" is people even make their cars look like shit on video games! How laughable.

Didn't realize a fender could be held on by tape. Is there a rachet240 lobby on forza?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #1974
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

I wasn't referencing your reference.

reference:

Quote:
I wasn't really even going on about that, the same was done about that Red Coupe a few pages back. Was just pointing out the flawed line of thinking that seems to be going on here.

referece
Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #1975
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Went back a few pages and didn't see this.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4646384599.html

I saw this car in person last week. I remember vividly that it said " LEGIT S15" sprayed on the side. Hilarious.

I swear San Diego could be considered the next Florida if youve seen the type of shit thats out here.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #1976
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
OK un-nvrmind...

I may be misunderstanding, but are these two cars the same?
What has been implied is that those who are willing to spend money on expensive, rare, high end parts have been given a pass on it not being "doing it wrong" simply because they didn't paint their car flat black and smash their car.

I don't think either car is "doing it right", but others have disagreed because it is "fixable" or "tyte" or "w/e" as an excuse for the lack of installing things correctly put putting forth the little extra effort.

That S13 needs a little body work, the S15 thing does too, just a bit more for both to fit properly

the S15 thing needs wheels to make it look proper, It is coming along and not there yet, much like the fuel door on the S13.

there is a lot that could be remedied on both, but somehow the S13 gets a pass for w/e Justification you have.

That is all my point is. there is a group who will let that slide simply because it is not ziptied and duct tape together and the guy spent more than $50 on it after buying the car.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #1977
Dima1127
Leaky Injector

Dima1127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Kouki View Post

That's dope
those attempts at the Japanese "flag" (if you could even call it that) makes them more jdm then any of us could ever be.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #1978
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
So Formula D, and what D1 has become. Big budget, stadium, horsepower contest, show events.

So Doriten, MSC, etc.

Two different things entirely IMO. Regardless of which you subscribe too cases of doing it wrong can be found in both.

Post more shitboxes.

Not even so much that. I just enjoy the act of driving my car. If i have to raise it an inch to make it perform better, I will because performance is more important to me than looks. I'm not at all saying I like or agree with this whole haggard POS car thing because most of them are not even driven, and would perform with less success than some super fitted cambered out show car built properly.

I'm in the process of selling my s-chassis to build my miata as an all-around car purely because I love driving my miata. It will look nice, drift well, run backroads wheel, and still be daily-driveable, but ultimately, I will have much more money in the drive train/suspension than the looks of the car.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #1979
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Cars that suck, suck no matter how much was zpent.
OK I understand what you're saying now.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #1980
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
makes sense. the idea of a "shit build vs poor execution" goes hand in hand as well as it is possible to botch a car even if you have the funds to purchase name brand things. just figured you were referring to the navan which is kind of hiding the fact that it's doing it wrong.
ALL GOOD OVER HERE
Closed Thread