Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #20911
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by psherg View Post
Quick question - (I've searched and haven't found an answer)

I have an s13, made in 11/88.

I'm going to replace the flca, and picked up a moog flca with a ball joint. The part denotes that it will work from 02/89 onward. I looked at it closely up against the old flca on the car now, it seems like it'd fit. But I'm curious if anyone has came across this issue before?

I'd like to rock the moog, I'm aware of the alternatives from pdm, etc;

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
all S13s utilize the same parts, youre fine.

you are going to most likely need a new LCA bolt though. that can be purchased thru the dealership. the LCA bolts like to rust/seize to the inner bushing cylinders and not come out unless you cut the bolt out with an angle grinder.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 08:22 PM   #20912
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
My tach has suddenly started bouncing around erratically at or near 4k rpm, the radio also turns off when it happens. The more throttle when it happens the worse the bouncing is.

The only background info that seems applicable is my wiring specialties harness and quest alternator.

Oh. 1993 fastback with a KADE.

When mine did that i had to add a few grounds,battery to frame, engine to frame, checked the posts and it fixed it , i dont know if that helps
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #20913
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Update: Everything electrical just died with the car running (and poorly at that). No restart, no nothing.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:31 AM   #20914
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I bought a bolt-in S13 Cusco cage for cheap on the local Craigz, but it was missing the underside reinforcement baseplate thingies.

Rather than tracking down some oddball overpriced plates from juh-pain, I just found some thick steel and made my own baseplates. Only took an afternoon with a 1/2" bit on a drill press, a few cutoff wheel discs, and a good thick coat of chassis paint.

In case anyone runs into the same problem in the future and needs to make their own, here are the dimensions:

I ran the bolts upwards since the bolt head will provide more ground/tire clearance than the threaded end. Good idea to use locktite or locking nuts too, and torque 'em to at least a few ugga duggas on the impact. I'd also suggest using large OD washers up top on the cage feet to spread out the load since the feet aren't particularly thick.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:25 PM   #20915
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
2nd update: 75a fuse blown.
As of yet I don't know why. I suspect the quest alternator at higher rpm outs out more than 75a, but I'm not well versed in electrical.

Any trouble shooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my daily driver.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:02 AM   #20916
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
anyone have experience with GMB waterpumps?
Old 03-31-2017, 08:51 AM   #20917
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToniTuna View Post
Long story short, after putting my SR back together my phone broke and lost few pics I took of the head. I put everything back together using some info. Noticed my valvetrain was rather noisy after running for a bit and few start ups.

Take things apart to re-bleed lifters and notice I have 2 broken rocker arm guides (u) on the exhaust side. I must have put them in the wrong spot/valve. Is there a stock guide size to
replace these 2 with or will I have to take some measurements? Stock valvetrain/SR.
FIXED

I found out I ended up having the shim/guides on the wrong valve on the exhaust side. Seems the shim is supposed to be on the right valve and the guide on the left valve. Ordered 2 new OEM SR guides and dropped em in and car is running flawlessly now. Lucky it was on start up and some light revving and I didn't cause any more major damage than the 2 guides breaking.

Just in case anyone happened to skim through and was having the same issue/questions.
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:56 AM   #20918
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Does anyone know where to buy the older RB20 O2 sensor? I have the pre update RB20 so the one I got from Raw Brokeage does not fit.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:29 PM   #20919
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
2nd update: 75a fuse blown.
As of yet I don't know why. I suspect the quest alternator at higher rpm outs out more than 75a, but I'm not well versed in electrical.

Any trouble shooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my daily driver.
The quest alternator wouldn't cause that. Did you unplug the battery while changing the alternator? If not, that's why it blew.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #20920
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Does anyone know where to buy the older RB20 O2 sensor? I have the pre update RB20 so the one I got from Raw Brokeage does not fit.
You MIGHT be able to find a 02 adapter?
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #20921
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
t25 and t28 actuator bracket (mount to compressor housing) the same?

Last edited by 1on1; 04-03-2017 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Figured it out
1on1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #20922
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

I just put a new 75a fuse in and it blew as soon as it touched. Luckily I bought two but I'm not putting another in until I've figured this out.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:03 AM   #20923
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Have you checked your wires under your fender? Seems to me, you have a short or wires are open and touching.

Last time I had a similar issue, headlights and tach lights turned off at night, my wheel messed up the harness.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #20924
mayunaise

mayunaise is an unknown quantity at this point
Hiya, im looking at putting together a 1JZ swapped S13/4, and a friend fo mine has been suggesting keeping the stock KA24DE 5-speed transmission and getting an adapter plate rather than doing R154, is this feasable? And what would i need additionally with it. Thank you.
mayunaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #20925
bmar19
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
bmar19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My ka is missing both bolts that hold in the distributor. So the dizzy isn't secured. Anyone know the thread pitch?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk
bmar19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #20926
adey
Post Whore!

adey is an unknown quantity at this point
Can I use an S14 front sway bar on an S13?:

I have an S13 chassis with S14 front knuckles, LCAs, coilover bolt sleeves, tie rod ends, etc etc and need an S14 sway bar.

Assuming I have bushings that fit, will my existing R32 front sway bar brackets (and ARC pillowball endlinks) work (forgetting about the bracket bushing diameters for a minute)?
What about my original OEM S13 front sway bar brackets?

TIA!
adey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #20927
anothersr20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
anothersr20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayunaise View Post
Hiya, im looking at putting together a 1JZ swapped S13/4, and a friend fo mine has been suggesting keeping the stock KA24DE 5-speed transmission and getting an adapter plate rather than doing R154, is this feasable? And what would i need additionally with it. Thank you.

...No... Would not recommend this.
anothersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #20928
MamangSorbetero
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
MamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the roughMamangSorbetero is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Did the S13 240SX ever come with rear axle grease caps? The caps that cover the CV axle nut? Mine came with the fronts and I don't think they ever came with the rear covers.

If not, has anyone tried fitting some other Nissan cap on the rear hubs?
MamangSorbetero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #20929
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anyone knows how long a an s13 non/ABS 1 piece drive shaft should be? It's inconsistent but one of the number I found is 43.75". I assume it includes the entire length of the slip yoke.

Also why does FRSSports says a VLSD driveshaft won't fit an open diff and vice versa? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #20930
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

lgsr20swap is an unknown quantity at this point
So I started my rb25 for the first time a couple weeks ago to find out that I didn't seal the oil pan good enough. So I took the motor back out to just make sure it wasn't the rear main seal. It wasn't the seal but was the oil pan as I suspected. So a couple months ago I came across a really good deal on a n1 pump and I figured that while I have it off and pan off I would change it. So I'm getting all the marks on the timing set so I can take the belt off and the intake is off 3 teeth. I know 100% when I put it together originally after changing head gasket and putting head studs on that I had the marks lined up perfectly What would cause it to go three teeth off. I literally ran the motor for about 10 sec. the tension on my belt is fine. I have a greddy timing belt. I didn't change the belt tensioner cause the person I bought the motor car from recently changed the water pump and timing belt. So I guess my questions are why or how could it have done that and how should I set it so I don't damage anything when taking belt off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lgsr20swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:12 PM   #20931
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
sr20det power intake (can i use the supplied hose connector, and connect the hose coming out of my catch can to the power intake, or will i run into issues since its pre MAF?)
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:52 PM   #20932
DaiGurren
Leaky Injector

DaiGurren has a little shameless behavior in the past
So after replacing fuel injectors, spark plugs, plug wires, wire harness and ECU. KA24DE is still running on 3 cylinders ( sounds like a Subaru ) Any idea what's next? Compression tested engine was really low, yet car cranks up right away, it is a rebuilt engine too btw

Thanks guys!
DaiGurren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:57 PM   #20933
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
What's the compression on the dead cylinder? Done a leak down test on it?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:00 PM   #20934
s14sfreakaleak

s14sfreakaleak is an unknown quantity at this point
i found the exact tune i need basically...except the only difference is the tune is for 272 cams and i have stock cams at the moment...would it be bad to run that tune on my car since I have stock cams? its same turbo, injectors, ect except the cams..im stock the tune is for BC 272s...please let me know thanks!
s14sfreakaleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:25 PM   #20935
DaiGurren
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
What's the compression on the dead cylinder? Done a leak down test on it?

No leak down test done, all cylinders read about 6 psi, even the dead one. Almost unreadable

Thanks for the quick response
Old 04-11-2017, 11:33 PM   #20936
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
6 psi? And it runs? Sure the gauge is good?

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #20937
DaiGurren
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
6 psi? And it runs? Sure the gauge is good?

Exactly what I was thinking, going to try another compression reader, then I'll do a full leakdown test. Couldn't be fuel pump related right?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #20938
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The intake manifold for my ka-t has what I believe to be regular paint on it, my question is do I need high temperature paint for it? From searching some say yes some say no

It'd be a huge pain in the ass to sand it off considering all the little creases and crevices so I'd like to avoid it if possible
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #20939
Halobb

Halobb is an unknown quantity at this point
Does any one know how to remove the passenger headlight for a 91 s13? I can't find a tutorial or write up anywhere. Not just the bulb but the whole thing. I need to replace mine :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Halobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #20940
hatch4life
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
hatch4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
The intake manifold for my ka-t has what I believe to be regular paint on it, my question is do I need high temperature paint for it? From searching some say yes some say no

It'd be a huge pain in the ass to sand it off considering all the little creases and crevices so I'd like to avoid it if possible
Anyone? feel free to roast me for a stupid question just make sure to answer it please lol
hatch4life is offline   Reply With Quote