Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-18-2016, 09:31 PM   #181
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
So i was thinking of doing an i7/gtx 1070 build for gaming and some light video editing. I haven't owned a self-built PC in a while...since high school to be exact. Obviously I haven't followed the technology for quite some time. Through a little research i arrived at i7/1070 build. I may be a bit over my budget since I need peripherals and monitors, so i may cut it back to an i5/1070 setup just to game. Video making is just a hobby and not totally essential, though it would be nice to do. What are the limits of an i5 for video editing? Is 1080p/60 fine? I don't have super nice equipment so I won't be rendering 4k or anything like that.

Is there any technology coming out that I should wait for?

Any killer black friday/cyber monday deals that I should cash in on?
if you can wait. wait a bit...January.

if you cant... 6700/6500k price will drop after kaby lake releases
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2016, 07:01 AM   #182
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
nice, xfx is great AIB choice . interested how much you can OC the 470. if you can hit 480 clocks that's even a better bargain.

gtx1080 will be hi-mid tier card next year. lost in the mix. lol. main reason was, I wanted to stay single card @ 4k. i'll be back on amd once they release vega.
Yea XFX is great my 7950 came with clocks higher than most of the other cards.

I bought this to tide me over till vega. I'm house broke this year. Next year I will have money so vega needs to bring it.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:38 AM   #183
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
If you got flicking on your gtx1070
www.guru3d.com/news-story/manufacturers-roll-out-firmware-updates-for-geforce-gtx-1070-due-to-memory-issue.html
Old 10-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #184
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BF1 is a joke.

gorgeous game but, gameplay sucks. hit reg is a big problem.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #185
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Mulitplayer or single? I enjoyed the beta a lot.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:16 AM   #186
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

I haven't play bf in a while so maybe I'm still adjusting my play style.

i have only finished one campaign. most of my time is multiplayer. lvl 35 already and I'm not a points guy. I'm a kdr whore. I always finish 100/25+-kd in planetside2. 30/10+- in bc / bf3/ insurgency.

my complaints...
-strafe speed is insane
-run speed is insane. very cod run and gun. a guy in a armor/flame suit shouldnt be able to chase me down after i had a head start.
-close quarters hipfire rifle or sr bullets just disappear.
-scope bullets disappear. after you see the tracer hit the target but no hit reg.
-no scoping reload. especially in prone.
-proning in certain areas will launch you like a rocket.
-no tank mines?
-NO HARDCORE. the only mode in play in bf.
-too many cheaters. i wish some times , i should had gotten ps4. the amount of banned ppl i see. the amount probably hiding.
-prone vs standing. you should never lose because youre in a fucking pod.
-the most powerful SR has no scope.
-I'm more accurate hipfiring a auto
-annoying horse saber melee distance hit reg is retarded.
-no counter melee.
-melee charge is unstoppable after using a shotty. i just smh. atleast implement leg dmg/slow down.

so many.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #187
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-...a-cards-dying/
Old 10-30-2016, 06:06 AM   #188
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:

I've been reading that in my quest to research a build. Apparently they will give you thermal pads to fix the issue, but I think I'm just going to go with an MSI card instead.
Old 11-02-2016, 11:53 PM   #189
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

these are nice...

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/zot...480,32966.html
Old 11-03-2016, 07:17 AM   #190
Future240
Future Moderator

No price, lame. I am guess 600-800ish maybe
Old 11-03-2016, 07:21 AM   #191
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
buy my gaming chair
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #192
robertw

robertw is an unknown quantity at this point
HTPC

CPU: i5 3570k
*GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
Mobo: Asus Z77-A
Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 1600
PSU: Seasonic M12 520w
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
PSU: Seasonic M12 520w
Case: Coolermaster Elite 361 (needed a case to lay horizontally while still fitting an ATX mobo and full sized GPU)

Another 8gb of ram has been ordered.

+

+

=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fYnwnJD_4E
Old 11-06-2016, 07:41 PM   #193
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

dat wire management.

any games 3570k is bottlenecking?
Old 11-06-2016, 08:33 PM   #194
robertw

Quote:

any games 3570k is bottlenecking?
Not that I've noticed yet.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:51 AM   #195
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Nice, I love driving the JZX on AC. Transitions are so smooth with that car & well most of the 4 doors. I've been playing online more & more lately I just need to get a good gaming chair to get more comfortable.
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:07 AM   #196
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw View Post
Not that I've noticed yet.
I'm not surprised at that. Shoot, people are still rocking the 2500K with little issue.

I know its dreaming, but I really wish intel would make discrete gpu's. The gpu and cpu market needs some shaking up.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:58 AM   #197
robertw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I'm not surprised at that. Shoot, people are still rocking the 2500K with little issue.

I know its dreaming, but I really wish intel would make discrete gpu's. The gpu and cpu market needs some shaking up.
Desktop cpu market has hugely stagnated. Like you said, not many games are bottle necking a 2500k lol. I have a 2500k w/ gtx 970 in my desktop, the cpu is clocked to 4.5ghz on air, but still, no real issues, or enough to warrant a huge system upgrade.

Only time I wish I went for an i7 is capturing game footage in VR gaming, encoding at a high bit rate the 3570k feels it. Also, rendering video in premiere the 2500k is ok, just a little slow, an i7 would be nice for that. But for gaming the i5's have been great so far, have to see how VR gaming progresses, maybe the 3570k will become the bottle neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Nice, I love driving the JZX on AC. Transitions are so smooth with that car & well most of the 4 doors. I've been playing online more & more lately I just need to get a good gaming chair to get more comfortable.
Thanks. This is the updated jzx100 from the titan mod pack, improved ackerman angle, less steering angle, and more rear grip. Feels a lot better.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #198
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Thanks. This is the updated jzx100 from the titan mod pack, improved ackerman angle, less steering angle, and more rear grip. Feels a lot better.
Yeah, I actually just got that one this past weekend, i had the old JZX tuned to my liking. Been messing with the ride height, camber etc for this one.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #199
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Desktop cpu market has hugely stagnated. Like you said, not many games are bottle necking a 2500k lol. I have a 2500k w/ gtx 970 in my desktop, the cpu is clocked to 4.5ghz on air, but still, no real issues, or enough to warrant a huge system upgrade.

I blame AMD for this. Intel is so far ahead they can release updates with minimal performance upgrades. I keep hoping Zen will fix this but I am burned by Bulldozer still so I am skeptical.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #200
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

cant put all the blame on amd. bulldozer was a huge gamble banking on software development to take advantage on multithread/core.

soft devs are lazy and had almost stagnant pace of development. amd even had to step up and create mantle. now, we got dx12/vulkan low lvl api. took a long ass time and still an infant.

I did wish they just had made a phenom 8 core instead. that was a good ass cpu.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #201
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Quote:

Only time I wish I went for an i7 is capturing game footage in VR gaming, encoding at a high bit rate the 3570k feels it. Also, rendering video in premiere the 2500k is ok, just a little slow, an i7 would be nice for that. But for gaming the i5's have been great so far, have to see how VR gaming progresses, maybe the 3570k will become the bottle neck.

I'm guessing it would bottleneck in high cpu demanding games especially in vr?

cpu intensive games I notice. currently playing... planetside 2 , ark survival, city skyline (big ass city), bf1 , arma3.. just a few.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:12 AM   #202
robertw

Quote:
I'm guessing it would bottleneck in high cpu demanding games especially in vr?

cpu intensive games I notice. currently playing... planetside 2 , ark survival, city skyline (big ass city), bf1 , arma3.. just a few.
I mostly play Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Elite Dangerous, Pinball FX2 VR, and Chronos in VR, and I haven't noticed any hiccups with the 3570k. The EVGA GTX 970 SSC was struggling to run those games without asynchronous time warp kicking in from time to time even with settings turned down. With the EVGA GTX 1080 SC I'm able to super sample games in VR and run them at max settings. Super sampling is a big deal in VR, the visual fidelity improves significantly, complete game changer in Dirt Rally.

I also never had any issues with the 2500k in BF3, or the 3570k in BF4. I know games like GTAV are taxing on CPU's, so I take it the i5's might struggle with that if the density settings are turned way up.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:41 AM   #203
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
I mostly play Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Elite Dangerous, Pinball FX2 VR, and Chronos in VR, and I haven't noticed any hiccups with the 3570k.
How do you like Elite Dangerous? I actually just heard about that game this morning & looked it up. Looks pretty cool to me & I may get it. Especially since No Man's Sky was such a flop so far even though they are apparently working on a "big" update.

Been thinking about updating somethings to my PC too, built it back in 2011 or early 2012. I can't remember what graphics card I have off the top of my head, Nvidia Geforce something or another.
8gigs of ddr3 ram
Intel i5 2500 processor
Asus p8168-v pro gen 3 motherboard
Corsair HX750w power supply

I know i'm going to atleast give it more ram & upgrade my graphic's card. I want to do a good triple monitor setup.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:47 AM   #204
robertw

Quote:
How do you like Elite Dangerous? I actually just heard about that game this morning & looked it up. Looks pretty cool to me & I may get it. Especially since No Man's Sky was such a flop so far even though they are apparently working on a "big" update.
It's a great game if you enjoy running deliveries, and exploring the galaxy. It's a pretty hardcore space flight sim, and a HOTAS setup makes it more enjoyable. The new update is pretty huge, larger ships with crews, and planetary landings. ED is an involved game with a steep learning curve. Everything takes time.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #205
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

so, eventually like I mentioned before i'd like to do some upgrades to my PC. I have the following part's in my current case.

8gigs of ddr3 ram
Intel i5 2500 processor
gefore gtx 570 graphics card

My eventual goal would be a nice triple monitor setup and MAYBE down the line an Oculus Rift or something for VR. I've been out of touch for years with PC hardware & no clue now a day's what would best be suited for my needs.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #206
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Quote:
I've been out of touch for years with PC hardware & no clue now a day's what would best be suited for my needs.
SAME

I just started building a PC though and now have some parts on the way. I've been doing a lot of research lately and finally figured out what I'm going to go with. This thread may help you get an idea of where things fit in right about now:

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...00_increments/
Old 11-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #207
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMfFtdcBVlJ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMfHlnOBnHA/
Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #208
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Nice, I've been thinking about picking up the Playseat Challenge because it can fold up & go in the closet when I'm finished. Kind of tight on space in my apartment.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #209
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
so, eventually like I mentioned before i'd like to do some upgrades to my PC. I have the following part's in my current case.

8gigs of ddr3 ram
Intel i5 2500 processor
gefore gtx 570 graphics card

My eventual goal would be a nice triple monitor setup and MAYBE down the line an Oculus Rift or something for VR. I've been out of touch for years with PC hardware & no clue now a day's what would best be suited for my needs.

What's your budget?

Asus p8168-v pro gen 3 motherboard--fine
8gigs of ddr3 ram - add another 8gbs
Intel i5 2500 processor - fine though could slightly bottle neck a 1080
gefore gtx 570 graphics card--470-480/1060-1070*-1080 depending on budget
Corsair HX750w power supply--enough wattage but how hold? I had a 620w die at 6 years.

*The minimum I'd suggest for triple monitor.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #210
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i never had triple monitors.. but VR is the way to go for sim racing. The immersion is insane. but not many high quality vr games.. but i can spend countless hours sim racing.