Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #181
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If 500 gives you the a temp fix you need meanwhile you shell out the big bucks, why the fuck not?

Negative Nancys here are just retarded. Who knows what position any one is in to criticism them. Thank you to the OP for offering the services.

500.00 is a deal and looks very decent.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #182
irokc13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
irokc13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I don't get what your saying and I'm a professional painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheyi View Post
stage 1 = you get prime and just paint
stage 2 = ^ above and clear coat
stage 3 = ^ all of the above with pearl.
irokc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #183
irokc13
Leaky Injector

Go to coastairbrush It's a great store it's like heaven for painters they have everything you need even sandpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
what I ment was...the highest grit I could find was 400. That's for fucking wood. Anyone know of a place that sells shit above 1000...and not online?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #184
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just remember fellas, you get what you pay for! So don't pay $500 expecting a $3000 paint job!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #185
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
^ I agree but I think mine came out way better than I expected, paid $267, and some people who paid more looks worse than mine. My .02
Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 AM   #186
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
^ I agree but I think mine came out way better than I expected, paid $267, and some people who paid more looks worse than mine. My .02
Where'd you go?
Old 08-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #187
Likethunda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Likethunda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yeah, Just remember that i was on a Budget, and didnt want my car looking crappy. and i also didnt want to spend thousands on a paint job. I got exactly what i payed for, which was a very good paint job for a Very reasonable price. My car was now presentable instead of looking crappy. people would now give me compliments instead of telling me to get a new car. Just my .02
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #188
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likethunda View Post
yeah, Just remember that i was on a Budget, and didnt want my car looking crappy. and i also didnt want to spend thousands on a paint job. I got exactly what i payed for, which was a very good paint job for a Very reasonable price. My car was now presentable instead of looking crappy. people would now give me compliments instead of telling me to get a new car. Just my .02
I'm not trying to bash on you and put you don cause I'm on a budget as well. I'm saying this because I'm currently working at a body shop and people expect to get thousand $ paint job when they only spend a couple hundred!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #189
irokc13
Leaky Injector

What brand paint is your guy using he's getting a ton of business he's providing services at dirt cheap prices
Quote:
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #190
1on1
Post Whore!

1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo167 View Post
Where'd you go?
maaaaaaaco
Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #191
Likethunda
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalo167 View Post
I'm not trying to bash on you and put you don cause I'm on a budget as well. I'm saying this because I'm currently working at a body shop and people expect to get thousand $ paint job when they only spend a couple hundred!
you're absolutely right, people shouldnt "expect" a Show car/baller/etc... paint job.

but they do come out really nice. this is mainly for people on a Budget. If you are avoiding a paint job because its going to break the bank then i suggest painting it with Mike. If you have Money to Blow then feel free to spend it on an expensive multi stage paint job.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #192
~s14~
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
~s14~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
maaaaaaaco
Which maaco did you go to and when was it? A buddy of mine just needs a quick paint job done. The maaco out here told him it was gonna be 350.

To OP...theres a huge difference in your car. A lot better than keeping it a bunch of colors. May not be the best paint job but looks decent. Looks a lot better than what i have seen some people do like sticker slap whole fenders and patterned kind of designs to cover up fenders and hoods and such lol.
~s14~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #193
Slo_240sx
Zilvia Member

Slo_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone ever had an engine bay painted by one of these guys? I'm stripping my whole front end down and would like to see how they are coming out.
Slo_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #194
1on1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~s14~ View Post
Which maaco did you go to and when was it? A buddy of mine just needs a quick paint job done. The maaco out here told him it was gonna be 350.

To OP...theres a huge difference in your car. A lot better than keeping it a bunch of colors. May not be the best paint job but looks decent. Looks a lot better than what i have seen some people do like sticker slap whole fenders and patterned kind of designs to cover up fenders and hoods and such lol.
I got mine painted in Escondido and my other friend got his painted in Clairemont (San Diego County).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_240sx View Post
Has anyone ever had an engine bay painted by one of these guys? I'm stripping my whole front end down and would like to see how they are coming out.
I think I said this before but I'll say it again. Go to the shop where you want to take your car to get painted and see how they prep and review cars that have been painted. Then decide if you want to go there and have it sprayed.

The reason why I went to Escondido to get my car painted is because I have two friends that painted their cars there and came out really well.

However, I plan on getting my car re-painted since the presidential package is better than the ambassador (looks way more glossy) in the near future. If you would like to get it at a cheaper price, sand the car yourself and state that when they give you a quote.

The above advice are for people who just want their car painted and not looking for a show car quality paint. If you do, then you're looking in the wrong area.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #195
Likethunda
Zilvia Junkie

The above advice are for people who just want their car painted and not looking for a show car quality paint. If you do, then you're looking in the wrong area.[/QUOTE]

Nuf said
Old 08-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #196
odyvia13
Zilvia Member

odyvia13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know where mike's paint shop is at in Carson? Tried calling him but I guess he doesn't accept incoming calls. It will be appreciated if I can get any info.
odyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #197
Likethunda
Zilvia Junkie

Mike isnt painting cars right now, he's looking for a new shop where he doesnt need to pay so much to lease.

will keep everyone posted...
Old 11-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #198
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
DK @ G.L. in socal used to do 500.00 paint jobs and hes really good IMO. I dont know if he is still doing it but i can find out. Hes done tons of cars along with his own and has a good reputation for it. Hes located in the 626 city of el monte.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #199
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
That's really vague info there bobafreak. Can I get more detailed information?

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #200
Bobafreak
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
Bobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfectionBobafreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
sorry i was being an ass lol. DK at garage life. Hes been known to do some good paint jobs back in the day for 500. Hes on here i believe drives a gold rx7 im sure you seen him around. Tell him you heard it from me.

Btw he painted that as well. He's done several cars along with another vrt member who drives the s13 coupe called the the red sled. I'm sure you seen this one as well

Last edited by Bobafreak; 11-02-2012 at 08:11 PM..
Bobafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #201
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Interested in anyone who can do some paint with flex in it for abs bumpers etc.

-Robby
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #202
Akito86
Zilvia Junkie

Akito86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
+2 bobafreak just pmd you thanx
Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #203
iamtheyi
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
iamtheyi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
He did? lol. Apparently I never got it.

iamtheyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #204
Homeboyx
Zilvia Member

Homeboyx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Mike isnt painting cars right now, he's looking for a new shop where he doesnt need to pay so much to lease.

will keep everyone posted...
Any updates? Is he up and running yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobafreak View Post
sorry i was being an ass lol. DK at garage life. Hes been known to do some good paint jobs back in the day for 500. Hes on here i believe drives a gold rx7 im sure you seen him around. Tell him you heard it from me.

Btw he painted that as well. He's done several cars along with another vrt member who drives the s13 coupe called the the red sled. I'm sure you seen this one as well
Does your guy still do paint or what?
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #205
LovetoSlide
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
LovetoSlide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LovetoSlide
What do you guys estimate an entire chassis paint. Bay and everything. Say I did the prep work and stripped the car and brought it to the paint guys. Say stage 3 paint?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM   #206
Zilviasr20
Leaky Injector

Zilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymoreZilviasr20 is not welcome here anymore
Bump for update on mike?
Zilviasr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #207
7RIFT0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
7RIFT0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Yeah you can save so much money by doing the prep yourself and quality of your paint job comes in the prep. I paid 400 bucks for this paint job from my buddy. You get what you pay for. The paint itself was about 230 plus materials and his labor. 2 tone charcoal gray with black top. Plus the engine bay.

7RIFT0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #208
iVanRoz
Zilvia Addict

iVanRoz is an unknown quantity at this point

About how much to fix this?!?! I want the factory color fn2 I believe.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 PM   #209
dking240sx
Zilvia Junkie

dking240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
My car needs to be painted. Is there any info.on any of.these shops.everyone is.listing
Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #210
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Txt me with further info on what you need done.

Last edited by lalo167; 01-25-2013 at 03:29 AM..
lalo167 is offline   Reply With Quote