Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #181
igreek
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
igreek is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Saw your car at Caffeine and Octane this past Sunday. Didn't know you were on here, but a friend told me. Looks awesome! Those model 5s are legit. I was shooting video, so I didn't get any pictures of it, but here's a quick screenshot of yours:

igreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #182
funnyscreenname
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
funnyscreenname is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
great progress on a great car.

sorry your bromance with the white s15's owner didn't work out. it's a shame to hear about peoples attitudes when you're genuinely interested in their car. forums are supposed to be where people come to talk about like interests and share info but, like the other user said, it's somewhat of a popularity contest with some people.

i love seeing rare cars like yours and meeting the owners. it's great when the owners are more than happy to share info and answer questions even tho they've been asked the same questions by many other people. nice to see some people don't let it go to their head.

i recently had a set of advans for sale and i met up with the owner only to see he had an r32. it was the first i had seen in person. the guy was awesome. very cool and was happy to answer any questions. would've even let me drive the car. it was like i'd known the guy for years. not only did he have the one r32 but he had 2 of them. the guy wasn't a dick at all. he was pretty much an inspiration after asking about how he came to acquire the cars.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #183
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by igreek View Post
Saw your car at Caffeine and Octane this past Sunday. Didn't know you were on here, but a friend told me. Looks awesome! Those model 5s are legit. I was shooting video, so I didn't get any pictures of it, but here's a quick screenshot of yours:
Nice shot man and thanks for the compliments. Yea caffeine and octane was pretty sweet. I haven't been in a few months. The turnout was crazy. Send me the video if you got any footage of my car. You can look me up on facebook...Kevin Lu.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #184
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Sorry for the lack of updates. Work has consumed my life....

The aftermath of my unpackaging...I want to thank the seller blktopsr20 for doing such an amazing job packaging it. It was shipped through greyhound and received it in the same condition he shipped it in. Sellers that do good packaging is a rarity these days.

And finally my pride and joy. I have been looking for one of these for a very long time. After losing two auctions on yahoo japan, I was determined to not let this one slip away. All tabs are intact and not one crack on this bumper. The only thing it is missing are the fog trims which I will have to purchase through rhdjapan.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #185
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelu View Post

The aftermath of my unpackaging...I want to thank the seller blktopsr20 for doing such an amazing job packaging it. It was shipped through greyhound and received it in the same condition he shipped it in. Sellers that do good packaging is a rarity these days.

And finally my pride and joy. I have been looking for one of these for a very long time. After losing two auctions on yahoo japan, I was determined to not let this one slip away. All tabs are intact and not one crack on this bumper. The only thing it is missing are the fog trims which I will have to purchase through rhdjapan.

This is going to look the most good..
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #186
1gr8bar10der
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (77)
1gr8bar10der is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 77 reviews
When i saw the bumper's fs thread, you were the first person that came to my mind. Glad you actually got it!
1gr8bar10der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #187
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Spec R right?

DOPE

STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #188
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:

Small world! Just saw this on Instagram lol
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #189
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
King Kevin S15 2012

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #190
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
i am so glad to finally see an aero bumper going on this. fucking awesome man
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 PM   #191
tsahlin489

tsahlin489 is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful build so far man!
Anxiously awaiting more updates
tsahlin489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #192
myclue
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
myclue is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
what a great build. keep it up!
myclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #193
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
My buddy is the owner of the other grey one at IA. Very cool guy and owns a Nissan specialty shop in SC.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #194
Driftwurks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Driftwurks is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Any updates? Your car looks awesome.
Driftwurks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #195
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I had seen this thread at the top and I got all excited...

...but then there's no real update to accompany it
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #196
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I had seen this thread at the top and I got all excited...

...but then there's no real update to accompany it
Sorry man, lol. Right now I am saving some money and accumulating some parts. Here in a few weeks I am going to pull the engine and do a full build minus touching the bottom end.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #197
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
SR still?

I don't know why, but seeing JDM cars in the USA is super weird for me, in a good way. The mental image i have is that JDM cars down there are like the anti-christ and you have to have a pair to own one (state titled cars). I don't know if thats accurate or not, obviously you take it to meets and aren't anal about people seeing your car/plates. Good on you dude! Really a cool car, I've only ever seen one in person (illegally in Canada, wont be legal til next year) and it was like nothing I have experienced. Same with the R34 beside it (same situation).

thumbs up from a fellow jdm owner.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #198
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Sorry man, lol. Right now I am saving some money and accumulating some parts. Here in a few weeks I am going to pull the engine and do a full build minus touching the bottom end.
HAHA no worries my man! I just love what you've done so far and I was hyped to see this thread on the top of the page.

I can't wait to see what you have planned
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #199
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
^ Agreed, stoked to see the updates Kev!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #200
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Ive been off this forum for a while kinda got discouraged and ended up outta the scene ...I also talked to VAs13 about buying his S15 back in the day but just had a series of bad events happen and wasnt able to make it happen...

Hate to see his car with those HORRIBLE wheels....

GREAT BUILD garagelu!! Keep it looking clean!
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #201
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nice car with a lot of money and quality work. I'm stuck in the 90's lol
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #202
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So yeah, did you die? I want to see more of this.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #203
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates. I have been crazy busy this year. Mostly been collecting parts and saving up money to do lots of mods and upgrades this winter. Keep an eye out these next few weeks. I'll be posting up some of the cool stuff I have accumulated.

Also check out my instagram (username: garagelu) for updates. Once I start my build, I will be posting frequently on there with random build updates.

This bumper has been in storage at my house ever since I got it. I decided to take it up to the garage and do a test fit. With the oem s15 bumper I had to do a lot of trimming for it to fit the greddy FMIC and the piping. Looks like this bumper will need the same treatment. I am really torn because I really don't want to cut up this perfect aero bumper. Most of you know how rare these are to find, let alone in this condition. And if I run my current piping set up, I won't be able to run the oem fog lights. I think the fog lights look terrible in the factory bumper but on the aero bumper, I think it looks really good. So maybe next weekend I'll pull the FMIC off. Then I'll install the bumper and see how I can install the FMIC and maybe do some custom piping to fit around the bumper.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #204
theericsmith
Zilvia Member

theericsmith is an unknown quantity at this point
cars dope!
Started cracking up when you said people ask you if it's an s14 conversion.
I know their both s-chassis so the big picture is similar but the body lines aren't even close to the same.
theericsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #205
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Nice to see you're alive

It's good to hear that you've been keeping it moving, and I look forward to the updates.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #206
skimmpysb
Zilvia Junkie

skimmpysb is an unknown quantity at this point
what is the name or website of the garage you store your car at? seems really legit.
skimmpysb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #207
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
okay i could NOT help but see you passed through Huntsville, AL... You used to live here? If you ever come down here with the s15 please tell. doope build and car! subbed.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #208
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
okay i could NOT help but see you passed through Huntsville, AL... You used to live here? If you ever come down here with the s15 please tell. doope build and car! subbed.
Yea actually I am in Huntsville right now visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. S15 is still back in ATL. I've only driven it to Huntsville once and it was to register the car. Thanks for the kind words. Plan is to pull the engine out this sunday so keep an eye out.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #209
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Yea actually I am in Huntsville right now visiting my parents for Thanksgiving. S15 is still back in ATL. I've only driven it to Huntsville once and it was to register the car. Thanks for the kind words. Plan is to pull the engine out this sunday so keep an eye out.
huntsville downtown huntsville or like madison/monrovia area?
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #210
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
My Aero bumper was pretty ragged when i got it from being cut to fit the Greddy FMIC. I was still able to run my fogs though with the plastic trim around them. Car looks awesome man, you must run the aero bumper!
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote