Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:54 PM   #181
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheS14project
Thanks.

Ill have more updates tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:31 AM   #182
SexPanda
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfectionSexPanda is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SexPanda Send a message via MSN to SexPanda
dear sweet jesus... I'm going to take out a 5,000 loan so I can do that to an s13...

In all seriousness though I wish I could do that. So clean, so fresh.
+1
Old 08-14-2008, 12:51 AM   #183
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
MOOOOAAARRR!!!!! that has to be the nicest red ive ever seen on any car, great project
Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #184
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

TheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond reputeTheS14project has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, Ill have more updates hopefully tonight, been really busy here at the shop as well as working on the car.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #185
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
I would love to have brackets for my FMIC on my S13.5, lmk if you can fab me up some.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #186
Edgar
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Edgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfectionEdgar is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Edgar
this shit better see the track
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 AM   #187
scribbles6
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

scribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond reputescribbles6 has a reputation beyond repute
A tittie bouncer for sure. that car is sex all around. good job dude.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:44 AM   #188
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Subscribed, cant wait to see more,

I think the hood looks just fine, when its all done you decide if you like how it looks, nevermind what others think!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #189
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
It's an amazing machine...
Old 08-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #190
300zxdude

300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough300zxdude will become famous soon enough
wow thats an amazing build man!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #191
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks fellas, and yes it will be hitting the track.

With the help of my friends I work with at the shop. They wet sanded and buffed the car for me so I could work on other things that needed done.

After the car was wetsanded

After the car was buffed.

Radiator Brackets

Also installed all of the Interior back in the car as well, since the wiring is now finished.

Friday afternoon the glass guys came over and installed the new windsheild and seal and pulled the rear window to reseal it and installed a new seal in it as well.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #192
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
park side by side a real s14 please, i want to see the diff in the width.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #193
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice buid man, i'm doing an s13.4 as well, you give me motivation.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #194
davirene
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
davirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Great motivating build....Just got my daily driver 89 S13 coupe RB20 swap running...Yeh Yeh I heard it from my friends how an SR20 is so great....

But there is no better sound then an RB20 with an HKS header back....It sounds so mean and turns plenty of heads..
Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 AM   #195
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Mooooaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #196
efsees are best
Leaky Injector

efsees are best has a spectacular aura aboutefsees are best has a spectacular aura aboutefsees are best has a spectacular aura aboutefsees are best has a spectacular aura aboutefsees are best has a spectacular aura aboutefsees are best has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to efsees are best Send a message via MSN to efsees are best
niceeeeeeeeee
Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #197
240driftin[Sil80]
Zilvia Member

240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough
so wait im confused, you had your car painted and looked great. then you wet sanded the good paint then buffed it to make it look good again? sorry for sounding so noob!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #198
DriftMUH
Leaky Injector

DriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of lightDriftMUH is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by davirene View Post
Great motivating build....Just got my daily driver 89 S13 coupe RB20 swap running...Yeh Yeh I heard it from my friends how an SR20 is so great....

But there is no better sound then an RB20 with an HKS header back....It sounds so mean and turns plenty of heads..
jeez im afraid to put an exhaust on my DD rb20... i dont want any attention.. at ALL

"Im invisible and impossible to touch" ~Mr. Lif
Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #199
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240driftin[Sil80] View Post
so wait im confused, you had your car painted and looked great. then you wet sanded the good paint then buffed it to make it look good again? sorry for sounding so noob!
wet sanding is needed to get rid of the orange peel. rubbing compound brings out the shine.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:22 PM   #200
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
+1 on the next to a s14:P. . but seriously i envy that color! that shit is fucking fireeeeee

Old 08-20-2008, 09:00 PM   #201
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
great paint work my friend can't wait to see it with some decent fitting wheels on it.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:23 PM   #202
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
god damn it give me your paint codes!!! PM please

Review Thread
Old 08-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #203
240driftin[Sil80]
Zilvia Member

240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS!3 View Post
wet sanding is needed to get rid of the orange peel. rubbing compound brings out the shine.
thank you! so wet sanding doesn't mess up the nice paint? barely scratches the surface or what?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #204
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Sure, fresh paint looks nice from a distance, but you look up close and its textured hella. Wet sanding smooths out the clear coat (makes the paint flat) Rubbing compound brings out the shine.

Wet sanding does stratch the paint, but not like rocks or anything. Were talking 2500 grit sandpaper. Doesn't feel any different than a sheet of paper.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #205
MrFixIt
Zilvia Member

MrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enoughMrFixIt will become famous soon enough
w-o-w.

Outstanding.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #206
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
wow.... all i have to say is wow, i just read through the 7 pages and i am loving the determination, attention to detail, and overall quality of this build, people should really take notes on this as it's a textbook what you should do. Subscribed
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

Old 08-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #207
TheS14project
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks Fellas.

And to answer your wet sanding and buffing questions. The car is actually wet sanded with 1000 to start with. You need to make sure the car has a good amount of clearcoat before using a 1000 or you can go through it quickly an into the basecoat and thats bad...lol. This cuts it down pretty quick and removes any dirt that might be in the clear. After the car has been wet sanded with 1000, it was followed up with 2000 to remove the scratches the 1000 leaves behind(very minimal) after that the car was wet sanded with 3000 which does feel like notebook paper but helps in making the car look like glass.

After the sanding is finished the car is buffed with a wool pad and we use 3m Rubbing Compound, this helps bring the finish back to the car. After the the rubbing compound is done we then went over the car with 3m PerfectIt Foam Polish. For this step you need to ditch the wool pad and go with a soft foam pad, this is basically a clean up ordeal. It removes the haziness that compound will leave behind and makes the car shine like no other.

I can do a small how to write up for those who might be interested. Thanks again.

Seth
Old 08-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #208
240cracker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute240cracker has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240cracker
man i really like that red...
keep up the good work been watching since the start
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #209
Whitebugeye

Whitebugeye is on a distinguished road
I have seen this car in person and pictures do not do it justce the paint is perfect and the attention to detail is like to other. Seth I'm glad to see your car getting done man you deserve it. (anyone notice the mirrors)
Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #210
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
so nice .love the color.
Closed Thread