Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #181
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
one of the greatest pg starbury still wanted to play as a knicks. worked his ass off during summer even though he's never out of shape and then sat the whole season... dumbtoni era started.

dethroned china's most dominant team with bunch of scrubs.
most popular basketball star/hero and more popular than jlin in china.
most all of caliber nba players that goes to cba score big but DONT win championships.
they dont last either. but, marbury made it work.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #182
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The difference is that the Knicks DESERVED that shit as an organization, especially at the time. Sure, Starbury is batchit insane and was probably pretty much stealing money at the time, but that place was a cesspool at the time.
Rahsard Lewis, on the other hand, HAS to know that he was never worth the money he was getting and was fine with taking that buyout for as much as he did.
it's not stealing if the knicks gave him that contract in the first place. LOL. he wanted to play, but coach still sat him and he wouldn't take a penny less than $1 or $2M than what the final year of his contract was due to pay him. he knew he wasn't going to get much from another team anyways. celtics sign him, he did nothing, and out of the league after that.

you are right that guys like rashard lewis and joe johnson aren't worth the $118M and $119M contract extensions they were given. Lewis knows it. During the lockout, he said something to the tune of "I know i am not worth that much but it was offered to me. what do you say in my situation? "no, I want less?" well, at least lewis admitted that.

I don't know about Joe Johnson. He's pretty smart in turning down a $60M contract extension offer from atlanta and they ended up giving nearly double that a few months later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-11-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #183
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
2012 NBA free agency -- Brooklyn Nets end pursuit of Dwight Howard, source says - ESPN New York

Most annoying player movement news story in the history of the NBA.

When will it fucking end!?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #184
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
i would love to see d12 and deron williams team up, but that team is crazy strapped with max contracts. i know the owner of the nets also owns russia and any luxury tax is chump change to him, but dam Deron Williams $100M, Joe Johnson $119M, and they intend to have Brook Lopez resigned for $78M max if they can't get d12. I heard they were also trying to get Gerald Wallace back.

That would be a heck of a team even if joe johnson, gerald wallace, and d12 are 2nd/3rd option type guys on any other team.

Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #185
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
2012 NBA free agency -- Brooklyn Nets end pursuit of Dwight Howard, source says - ESPN New York

Most annoying player movement news story in the history of the NBA.

When will it fucking end!?
It's never over. And I'll give you more to think about...Chris Paul is a UFA next summer.

Then in summer of 2014, Lebron, Bosh, and Carmelo all have player options.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #186
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
one of the greatest pg starbury still wanted to play as a knicks. worked his ass off during summer even though he's never out of shape and then sat the whole season... dumbtoni era started.

You make it sound like he's a freaking hall of famer...

Anyways, I say Howard goes to LA and Bynum goes to Magic or if Rockets get into the mix, Bynum goes there and Magic ends up with draft picks galore.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:25 PM   #187
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
You make it sound like he's a freaking hall of famer...
lol i didn't even catch that. obviously pure trolling

Quote:
Old 07-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #188
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
lol i didn't even catch that. obviously pure trolling
Then again, its the same guy who thinks BD was Gods gift to the Knicks.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:35 AM   #189
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Anyways, I say Howard goes to LA and Bynum goes to Magic or if Rockets get into the mix, Bynum goes there and Magic ends up with draft picks galore.
Yeah, except the fact that Bynum saying he wouldn't sign long term in Orlando might be a problem for one of these scenarios

And I write too!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #190
FRpilot
Post Whore!

luis scola amnestied as rockets gamble on getting dwight howard. who will get him?

houston is trying to lure dwight howard and cp3 together in 2013.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #191
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Blake injured again?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #192
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
The Mavericks amnesty Brendan Haywood…
I don’ exactly like to see people from my city go out like that, but I can’t say as I blame them. Perhaps he could latch on with a legitimate contender in need of a warm body at the Center position. For the veteran’s minimum, naturally.
You know you’ve fallen mightily when your team brings in Chris Kaman and amnesties you.

And I write too!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #193
FRpilot
Post Whore!

chris kaman kind of reminds me of andrew bogut in that they are both talented and capable centers, but both are injured enough that their presence in the team hardly makes a difference. either way, kaman is a way better center if he's playing and brandon haywood is a fill-in center at best so he didn't really fall that much.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #194
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

The problem with Kaman is that he's a finese center and not much of a banger. Figured the Mavs need somebody physical to clog up the middle.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #195
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Kaman can hit the mid-range jumpshot with consistency, but i never heard anyone call caveman a finesse center. He’s a legit 7ft center with size who has a good low post game and is pretty good defensively down low too. I think he will compliment dirk nicely and help establish an inside/outside game with him because mavs never had a center who could really score. (diop, dampier, chandler, etc.)

If he can stay healthy, which I doubt (I only see him playing his usual 30-40 games a season), I think the mavs have a pretty good signing.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #196
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
I'm gonna go ahead and say the Mavs wont even make the playoffs.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #197
FRpilot
Post Whore!

now the mavs got elton brand too. 2005 clippers front court reunion.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #198
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
Kaman can hit the mid-range jumpshot with consistency, but i never heard anyone call caveman a finesse center. He’s a legit 7ft center with size who has a good low post game and is pretty good defensively down low too. I think he will compliment dirk nicely and help establish an inside/outside game with him because mavs never had a center who could really score. (diop, dampier, chandler, etc.)

If he can stay healthy, which I doubt (I only see him playing his usual 30-40 games a season), I think the mavs have a pretty good signing.
For me, I've seen him mostly shoot that mid range than anything else. Most of the time he'd be at the high block or top of the key and take a jump shot. Maybe I just havent watched him enough, but I almost never saw him post up down low. As far as defense, his length gives him an advantage but he seemed to get man handled by heavier centers.

CLICK HERE!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #199
1993fdrx7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
1993fdrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
I'm excited to see what Terry does for Boston. So sick of the Howard stuff.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #200
Zilvia FREAK!

0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
slam 3 years for $5.99
◦use code SLICKDEALS

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
Old 07-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #201
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Looks like the Knicks got Felton AND Kurt Thomas back. This is Thomas' 2nd stint with NYK? WTF. We looking more and more like a retirement home now.

Not sure how this bodes for the Lin saga. Will they sign the offer sheet and have Kidd/Felton/Lin there. Maybe move Felton to start at SG since Fields is now a Raptor? LOL

xquizitditz
Old 07-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #202
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Upon hearing the news of Lin not coming, Kidd went and got hammered.

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York
Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #203
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Upon hearing the news of Lin not coming, Kidd went and got hammered.

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York
The prospect of playing alongside (or perhaps behind) Felton and Baron Davis was too much for him to take, apparently.

And I write too!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 PM   #204
Gnnr
Post Whore!

I think the Knicks may have the fattest depth chart at the 1 position in the league.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:18 PM   #205
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
I think the Knicks may have the fattest depth chart at the 1 position in the league.
Hell, that is just in Felton and Davis

And I write too!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #206
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
aybe move Felton to start at SG since Fields is now a Raptor? LOL
but felton is a midget. he'll get destroyed by the big 2's in the league.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 07-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #207
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

And I write too!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #208
Riq
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Riq is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Bwahahahhahhahahahhahahaha and both teams are jokes in their respective leagues. Panthers=Fail

Wtf is up with the Knicks? Kidd gets hammered and wrecks his ride and Melo talking smack about the better team in NY and bad mouthing J Lin's deal from the Rockets. Maybe someone should let Melo know that he's not worth Max player money either...
Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #209
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Linsanity! Carmelo calls offer sheet to Jeremy Lin 'ridiculous' - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Carmelo Anthony is a jackass who should probably just shut the hell up. Of all people, he should know it is a business and that teams, Houston in this case, wanted to cash in on another case of sports' perverse obsession with Asian players.

And I write too!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #210
word sux
Zilvia FREAK!

word sux is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Linsanity! Carmelo calls offer sheet to Jeremy Lin 'ridiculous' - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Carmelo Anthony is a jackass who should probably just shut the hell up. Of all people, he should know it is a business and that teams, Houston in this case, wanted to cash in on another case of sports' perverse obsession with Asian players.

exactly, lin is worth what they are paying him because whoever he plays for gets the asain market.

The knicks will be stupid to not resign him... based on his play alone, is he worth what houston is offering him? No, but he was able to energize the knick and the whole city of NY and you can't put a price tag on that. He has by far been the most exciting thing to happen to the knicks in a long time. He was a true cinderella story and if their is one thing people of ny and the world love is an underdog story.
Closed Thread