Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #181
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRshMaLLow View Post
wait how do u check yout this bbq thing? i wanna go
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=177975 come on down. Early for limited parking
Old 03-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #182
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MaRshMaLLow Send a message via Yahoo to MaRshMaLLow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC SUPERSTAR View Post
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=177975 come on down. Early for limited parking

I'll be there ..
Old 03-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #183
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
do you guys think its worth it for a newbie (me) to have sticky rubber up front?

i have ss595s all around right now and i'm debating whether or not i should get RT615s for my fronts and run the 595s in the rear...

will it help me learn quicker or will it make me depend on the stickiness of the front tires thus making the practice not as "helpful"?

does that make sense to anyone??

just for info: i'm running 215/45/17 F 235/40/17 R ss595 right now.
i'm thinking about switching to 225/45/17 F RT615 and 215/45/17 ss595 on my drift spares for the event...
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #184
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
just keep what you got.

SS595 is plenty sticky in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #185
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
hmm yea, the price difference to do the switcharooo is $100+..
Old 03-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #186
ToukePina

Trader Rating: (0)
ToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to allToukePina is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Ozzie

Looking forward to the event
Old 03-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #187
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

SUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfectionSUPERSTAR is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToukePina View Post
Alright Ozzie, welcome to Zilvia........WOOOOOHOOOOO.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #188
boogerlovers
Zilvia FREAK!

boogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond reputeboogerlovers has a reputation beyond repute
BBQ this Sunday WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! hey ernie whats that dudes name, the one who drive the red kouki with the yellow bumper??? i forgot to ask his name , and thanx for hookin it up once again...ill bring the coupe by tommorow, finally she is done...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #189
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogerlovers View Post
BBQ this Sunday WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! hey ernie whats that dudes name, the one who drive the red kouki with the yellow bumper??? i forgot to ask his name , and thanx for hookin it up once again...ill bring the coupe by tommorow, finally she is done...
His name is Marcelo, and no problem... anytime.....that's what I'm here for, to serve and protect..
Old 03-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #190
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sliders562 Send a message via Yahoo to Sliders562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToukePina View Post
i need to talk to you about paint lol i have like 4 shades of green :Keke:
Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #191
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

Sliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfectionSliders562 is close to perfection
need more drivers
Old 03-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #192
sick_lazy_gray-s13
Leaky Injector

sick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to sick_lazy_gray-s13
the itch is getting stronger...
Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #193
kafanylovesme
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
kafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kafanylovesme
Didn't read through the whole thread, but I was wondering if there is going to be something setup for the n00bs??
Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #194
MaRshMaLLow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
MaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond reputeMaRshMaLLow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MaRshMaLLow Send a message via Yahoo to MaRshMaLLow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kafanylovesme View Post
Didn't read through the whole thread, but I was wondering if there is going to be something setup for the n00bs??
shotgun in my car ... and step by step "do it your self" choko dori style ?
Old 03-11-2008, 04:51 PM   #195
DrFtKiNg240sxy
BANNED

Trader Rating: (9)
DrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfectionDrFtKiNg240sxy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_lazy_gray-s13 View Post
the itch is getting stronger...
did you get some kind of STD or something?
jk

All I need is a welded diff and Im ready
Old 03-11-2008, 05:49 PM   #196
sick_lazy_gray-s13
Leaky Injector

sick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to allsick_lazy_gray-s13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to sick_lazy_gray-s13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFtKiNg240sxy View Post
did you get some kind of STD or something?
jk

All I need is a welded diff and Im ready
Yeah my s13 gave it to me...itchin for a driftin....shit man i want one too!!! Hopefully i'll be able to afford it after wheels...agghhhh.. girlfriends B-day is killing my plans!!! shhhh when you meet here don't tell her i told u that.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #197
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
thats why all the hardcore guys dont have girl friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have "friends"!!!!!!!!!!

Hey peter...your not driving the 626 event?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #198
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackparade View Post
They have " Boy friends"!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, Mark I...I....I... had no idea. Thought it was just Castro and Chuck (from reading posts) So when you mean swinging sideways? You really mean it!!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #199
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Blackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfectionBlackparade is close to perfection
haha!
asshole!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #200
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
haha!
asshole!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #201
kafanylovesme
Zilvia FREAK!

kafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfectionkafanylovesme is close to perfection
Quote:
They have "friends"!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I want to do that one, but that shit's packed as fuck! I might just wait 'till May then.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #202
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

are you sure your car is ok to beat on?????
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #203
kafanylovesme
Zilvia FREAK!

Yessir!!! fuckingmsglength
Old 03-11-2008, 10:44 PM   #204
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

F*ck yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #205
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliders562 View Post
need more drivers
I'll be there Sunday to drop off payment. Might be paying for 1-3 more drivers also. We'll see.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #206
SUPERSTAR
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliders562 View Post
need more drivers
Add Walter (gold s13) he paid in full at shop...money waiting for ya.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #207
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

all come register at the event, let me know who is paying SHOUT IT;
Old 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #208
Sliders562
Nissanaholic!

it has been confirmed all drivers will get t-shirts
Old 03-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #209
vvtisupra
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
vvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond reputevvtisupra has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vvtisupra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cc0rd View Post
do you guys think its worth it for a newbie (me) to have sticky rubber up front?

i have ss595s all around right now and i'm debating whether or not i should get RT615s for my fronts and run the 595s in the rear...

will it help me learn quicker or will it make me depend on the stickiness of the front tires thus making the practice not as "helpful"?

does that make sense to anyone??

just for info: i'm running 215/45/17 F 235/40/17 R ss595 right now.
i'm thinking about switching to 225/45/17 F RT615 and 215/45/17 ss595 on my drift spares for the event...
If you run too grippy you'll turn in too fast and kill the drift. The banked turns will give you enough grip to get through it. You should run with the SS. hahah scratch this post i thought we were talking about htm
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #210
Blackparade
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvtisupra View Post
If you run too grippy you'll turn in too fast and kill the drift. The banked turns will give you enough grip to get through it. You should run with the SS. hahah scratch this post i thought we were talking about htm

Actually your pretty wrong! Especially at HTM!!!!!!!! You need AS MUCH front end grip as you could have for faster entry and exit speeds. all of the different elevation changes requires your car to have a pretty grippy set up....Especially when doing the top turn in 3rd gear, and transitioning on the down hill into the tight left. I run 235/40R17 falken azenis up front, and 235/40R17 feds in the rear. This is my fav setup as of right now...
Closed Thread