Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #181
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
its ok man, shaq is my favorite player... sometimes u gotta face it when your guy is outta his prime. even though shaq is tearing it up this season, on his way to probablly one of his best in the last few if he can keep it up

im sure he can still tear it up on the and1 tour
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 PM   #182
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I agree that Shaq is out of his prime, and I CRINGE at his mentioning a possible return to the Lakers when his current contract ends... I think that they'd be smarter than that, as they have their future there now, who has come along wonderfully... Shaq would be a bloated contract and swollen ego, he should retire at the end of his current contract.

And I write too!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #183
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
actually he's been playing great defense and passing great.
to bad we couldn't see it this year.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #184
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
actually he's been playing great defense and passing great.
to bad we couldn't see it this year.
He always does when contract years approach.
Not to mention he is not the only show in town now, see how he was done up by Patrick Ewing when the Knicks last mattered, then Hakeem when the Knicks stopped sucking? He played like he wanted money in LA, but he fucked that up because Kobe was more popular.
He went to Miami and got lucky in a wholly weak year for the whole year, and when the league stengthened without The Heat, he finds himself in Phoenix... Next season (09-10) is a contract year for him, if I am not mistaken, and he seems to think that he will be able to play basketball forever without proper conditioning. Apparently, no one has bothered to inform him that Dwight Howard has become what HE was, Andrew Bynum has turned the corner and Greg Odom was not bad before and can only get better. Shaquille is fast becoming expendable.

And I write too!
Old 11-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #185
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

agree with almost everything said

shaqs always been a good passer. his defense is changing for the better, as he stays out of foul trouble (comes in with the less minutes). and hes doing good this year because the suns are changing from a run and gun to a semi- half court offense team. last year shaq was trying to adapt to their style, this year its more of a comprimise, to utilize everybody better. as soon as nash picks back up (he seems rusty this season) im sure suns will get to the 3rd or 4th seed.

but theres no denying that hes still worth something (maybe not as much as his current contract) but something. funny thing, i was telling all my buddies that dwight is the 2nd coming of shaq, and will be my new guy when shaq retires
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #186
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
oh wait, i was talkin about marbury. lol

yeah, playing till body his fall apart is probably not a good idea for shaq especially his shape now. but, i really dont care too much as long he still can play and fill up the paint.
do whatchu wanna do shaq!

howard is a beast like the young shaq was, but shaq did destroy him on the dance off.

shaq was the best detroying rims
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id9BWXQLSrk
not to mention the best crossovers for a bigman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq63G0DUYh8
Old 11-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #187
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

its actually good that he sees so much rest. thats part of the reason why hes doing so good this year. only playing 1 game on a back to back situation. i mean, comon he's played SO many games in his carreer, pretty sure hes been in the playoffs every season. his seasons are all longer especially with so many finals appearances.

did the suns play the lakers yet? id like to see how they do against them... lakers being the favorite to come out of the west and all...
Old 11-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #188
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
i love watching Rose play(no homo). hope he wins ROTY.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #189
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Xandy Boosts
first time getting a chance to see him last night.

dude is sick, can't wait to see him again tonight against B Roy.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #190
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
not to mention the best crossovers for a bigman
Shaq's crossovers aren't THAT good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CBvWWbAQ-o
Old 11-20-2008, 09:05 AM   #191
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmatt1189 View Post
Shaq's crossovers aren't THAT good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CBvWWbAQ-o
show me a big man who has a better one
Old 11-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #192
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANVIL View Post
show me a big man who has a better one
Active?
Don't particularly care to, because big men these days aren't handling the ball like they used to.
Before?
Hakeem Olajuwon or David Robinson, any day... Both gave Shaq FITS.

And I write too!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:12 PM   #193
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
tonight will be a great double header..
Old 11-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #194
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
^ +1 on that.

Lakers gon' smash on the suns!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #195
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
pistons got there ass handed by the celtics. wassup with that?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #196
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

boston out played them including the bench too.

they need mcdyess back.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #197
qwikspool
Nissanaholic!

qwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfectionqwikspool is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to qwikspool
suns got their ass whoop. bynum was getting dominated down low by shaq. good game overall.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #198
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

aziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really niceaziankingz is just really nice
pistons-boston game was an upset nonetheless.. top players were playing worse than bench players..

sun-lakers was great, but then again i never finished the game (east coaster cant stay up late :O()
Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM   #199
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah props to the lakers.... solid defense. caused so many turnovers. shaq did awesome (as usual) but nash is still having a hard time adjusting to the half court style offense and even Amare was having a bad game. laker bench was killer too
Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #200
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Radman with 5 for 6 3-pointers...wish he did that all the time. The machine hasn't been wowing me lately.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #201
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Randolph for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley
Crawford for Harrington

NYK gets 3 contracts that expire in 2010. One word explains these deals:

Lebron

Clippers needed more talent, they needed scoring. Randolph does that, and he boards too. He doesn't play a lick of defense, but moving Camby to C will help both players.

Kaman is going to MIA, CHI, or CHA. Book it.

Warriors get another scorer, but one who has some ability to play the point . . . just not well, if history is an indicator. Crawford is a scoring guard with range but no shot selection, absolutely NO rebounding (1.5/game in 35 minutes...) and by all accounts, no defense. The Warriors already had a isht load of options at the perimeter positions: Maggette, Jack, Buike, Morrow, Watson with Ellis coming back and Anthony Randolph developing. No doubt we'll see Jack and Maggette playing some power forward and lots of Randolph and Brandan Wright in street clothes.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #202
aziankingz
Nissanaholic!

did anyone hear dantoni speak after the huge loss? marbury was given a chance to play since crawford is gone and he refuses.. still want him as an allstar? i sure dont.. motherfucker is a sell out..
Old 11-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #203
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

what the hell you talking abouts....
remember last night(after laker vs suns) dantoni interview was talking about starbury not part of his plan and team.

now they ask him to play... GTFO.

starbury gone, hopefully he can play somewhere else.

just be happy crawful is gone and tim is back. also they took 27mill off the cap plus the expiring contacts. now we can get lebron and wade.
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2378529

yes vote for marbury!

Last edited by BOROSUN; 11-22-2008 at 02:10 AM..
Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #204
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziankingz View Post
did anyone hear dantoni speak after the huge loss? marbury was given a chance to play since crawford is gone and he refuses.. still want him as an allstar? i sure dont.. motherfucker is a sell out..
Well, I look at THAT like this:
Last year, his dad collapsed at a game in The Garden and no one from the Knicks saw fit to tell Steph, who was PLAYING in the damned game.
Then, this season, he is made to sit for nothing more than D'Antoni having a hair up his ass over him for some reason (remember how he was ushered out of Phoenix because he didn't fit D'Antoni's vision?)...
NOW, with the shoe on the other foot, Starbury is still on the roster, still being paid and the ball is in his court, he can say "fuck you" right back to them... Yes, "fuck you for letting my dad die without telling me," "fuck you for allowing this motherfucker to continue whatever issue he had with me so damned unprofessionally," and most importantly, like Mr. Frank White, "FUCK YOU, PAY ME!!!"
For this, I am NOT mad at Starbury, not even a little bit.

-HOWEVER-
I REFUSE to take a roster spot from someone who is actually playing this season in order to assist Marbury in the fuckover of the team, $21.9mil will do that JUST fine.

And I write too!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #205
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
How could you people let this thread die?

Thoughts:
-Atlanta being 8-5, they looked good, but still an unexperienced team
-DEN/DET trade, looks like DEN got the better deal of that trade, 7-2 since the trade
-Knicks are seriously trying to make cap room for Lebron and others in 2010
-Clippers being 2-11, that BDiddy signing was stupid
-Lakers steamrolling through the the league so far
-Celtics look good as well

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 11-24-2008 at 04:33 PM..
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #206
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

Xandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfectionXandy Boosts is close to perfection
BDiddy signing
Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM   #207
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
One source said the Clippers are talking to the Charlotte Bobcats about a package that would send Kaman to Charlotte for Jason Richardson.
So they're going to trade their bonafide center for Richardson?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:29 PM   #208
Xandy Boosts
Zilvia FREAK!

The Clips trade with the Knicks is currently on hold because Mobley has to see a heart specialist. Physical extended another 24 hours. Scary shit...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:51 AM   #209
OptionZero
Post Whore!

OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post
So they're going to trade their bonafide center for Richardson?
Kaman is a legit center, but Baron isn't a legit point guard. He'll never be content dumping it into the post where Kaman operates best.

Randolph and Camby fit much better in the uptempo system where Baron thrives, so on pure "fit", Kaman is the odd man out.

He has value, so they should be able to get a solid return.

I'm not a huge fan of Richardson (shitty defender, shitty FT%, shitty handles when he was in GSW) but he's pretty productive and would probably enjoy being reunited with Baron.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 PM   #210
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

I'm getting tired of these blowouts. Wake me up when the game's over.
Good win, Kobe with a bad shooting night, but Gasol carried the load and
Bynum is starting to look the the Bynum of last year. Great display of
footwork tonight.

12-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Kaman is a legit center, but Baron isn't a legit point guard. He'll never be content
dumping it into the post where Kaman operates best.
That's because Baron's a shoot first type of PG.
Closed Thread