Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 PM   #181
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
damn you really keep the miles off her huh? that's good tho, we could drive early in the morning like before 9 so it doesn't get too hot.

maybe keep it at a limited number of cars (like 10-15?) or nissan's only, that kinda thing.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #182
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
lol fanboys.
cfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #183
finalforce
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
finalforce is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
damn you really keep the miles off her huh? that's good tho, we could drive early in the morning like before 9 so it doesn't get too hot.

maybe keep it at a limited number of cars (like 10-15?) or nissan's only, that kinda thing.
Sounds good. I'm going to be doing some shows til' June so if I'm not able to bring my Z again, then I'll go with one of my friends like I did this past Sunday.
finalforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:30 AM   #184
spooled240
Post Whore!

spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
you gotta get another essar'd zenki to daily lol but yeah it is a far drive so I'm just throwing it out there to see what people think.

we still got all summer =]
Old 04-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #185
finalforce
Zilvia Member

If I was rich I would buy another S14. Any loose change I can get usually gets dumped on my Z
Old 05-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #186
finalforce
Zilvia Member

Bump, this thread needs one.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #187
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
we need to do this meet more than once a month, its the only good meet in socal......hint hint!
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #188
spooled240
Post Whore!

hey if you guys have another meet, let me know in advance so I can get the day off =]
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #189
boostdd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
boostdd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
no spooled, u excluded from future events for missing the last one

=)
boostdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #190
LOUD240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
LOUD240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Victor ,how did those struts work out?
LOUD240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:40 AM   #191
finalforce
Zilvia Member

Arrow D1 Grand Prix- Anaheim

What's up guys, I was at D1 this weekend and took some pix. I'll post up the sexy s-chassis, but if you want to see the full gallery click HERE.

.....last but not least some eye candy

Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #192
spooled240
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdd View Post
no spooled, u excluded from future events for missing the last one

=)
lol no you're excluded for having broken eghey struts on your s13 haha
Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 AM   #193
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

cfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond reputecfinch has a reputation beyond repute
I hate s15's but that green thing is kinda boss... Wheel choice can suck my nuts and that color is super played but still...

What the hell was sp and greddy thinking when they brought those models? Puke...

Tommy's coupe with a gp sport rear bumper? That black s14 with horribly executed wheel fitment...

Yuck... Was there anything good there? Other than my boy Forrest holding it down for the states? I heard Anahiem was full of suck but damn...
Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #194
spooled240
Post Whore!

you mean the first black s14? I think that one could have gotten away without the pull or just a much smaller pull

but i love the kit on that s15
Old 05-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #195
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

I was actually talking about the 2nd black s14 the one with the dmax hood...

The first one could definately use some spacers!

They both suck ass... Your right tho that s15 is pretty boss!

There is a glimpse of David Blunt's e30! Talk about fucking boss! I get a boner every time I look at that thing!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #196
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
ok so i just bought an s14 and live in hesperia...when's the next meet?
upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #197
finalforce
Zilvia Member

Welcome. Post some pix
Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #198
spooled240
Post Whore!

^ +1 there's only a handful of s14's up here, and we pretty much know all the owners lol
Old 05-12-2009, 11:08 PM   #199
upsdude
Post Whore!

for some reason when i try posting pictures on forums all that comes out are red-x's
but yeah once i get a chance i'll post a few pics. oh and out of curiousity, is Powerhouse the only tuning shop in the area?
Old 05-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #200
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Oh god don't even call Powerhouse a tuning shop... They are fucking horrible... I tried to dyno a car there and I had to tell the guy how to hook everything up... Then the owner came out all cocky like he had a fucking clue... They need to stick to installing cold air intakes and gay ass wheels.

There isn't a decent shop up here and there really isn't anything that isn't complete garbage anywhere near us...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 PM   #201
upsdude
Post Whore!

LOL somehow i'm not surprised. there's a shop on my delivery route...fsr motorsports. those guys seem to know their stuff. from what i've seen the owner, Ian, is a cool guy-real knowledgable. anyone work with them before? cuz if i decide to turbo my KA i might go to these guys.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #202
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

Well when your not very mechanically inclined yourself it's pretty easy to mistake someone who isn't very knowledgeable for someone who is... Bottom line any shop you go to is going to tell you they know everything... I can tell you that fsr has no first hand experience building these cars along with driving them...

There is alot more to a shop then having good mechanics... Anyone can bolt on parts! It's having the first hand knowledge on how to properly setup a vehicle based on the customers goals/budget... Your gonna be picking parts out of a catalog and I can tell you this right now your not gonna get nearly as much bang for your buck at the minimum if they don't demolish your car.

This forum can be very resourceful... I wouldn't really read any of the tech stuff on here personally... But you can search around and see what other people are running and get a good idea of what meets your power goals and budget then find a reputable shop to install the parts.

I closed down my shop in Hesperia and now do general automotive... More money and less bs... If you seriously want to do something you could bring the car to my shop and I can do the install and help you figure out what kind of setup you should run...
Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM   #203
spooled240
Post Whore!

^ word, a trained monkey can bolt a turbo onto an engine and even welding isn't a big deal if you go down to your local muffler shop and have them weld you up some flanges and pipes here and there.

tuning the engine is vital. It can be the difference between a daily driven ka-t and a 240 with a blown engine sitting in your backyard.

I've got a ka-t tuned on a JWT chip and it's been running great. The chip is really expensive (600 bucks) and you can pretty much accomplish the same thing with an SAFC NEO, etc on a good tune.

I got my car dynoed at OSR performance(aka J & J performance i think?) and they are really cool guys that know their stuff. Reggie down there has tuned a few of my friends cars with ka-t's and they said he does really good work.

I've heard some bad things about powerhouse...a friend of mine has an s14 ka-t and the quality of work done to his car was shitty IMHO. It looked ghetto-rigged, cheap without any attention to the cosmetics and they charged him a lot of money.

Do your research and figure out what the limits are as far as the hp limits on the engine(rebuild or stock internals?) and the limits on your budget. From there you can decide on what parts will work for you GL.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:44 PM   #204
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

You would be surprised the things that people can fuck up...

It's not really the knowledge of bolting things on or tuning thats the real concern in this case... It's having knowledge of the products and first hand experience using them... Most shops would tell you to pick something out of a book... Just a bolt on kit where as someone who truely knows their stuff who isn't afraid of fab work can set up something better for less money. They can also adjust to your power goals and budget where alot of kit's can limit you.

Afc's are horrible... You have absolutely no timing control! On a setup with low power goals and a tight budget they can get the job done but are in no way ideal. As far as ecu tuning I stray all my customers away from their ecu's... I don't believe in their tunes! They are too hit or miss... Not enough r&d goes into their tunes and their customer service just isn't there. You may have had a good experience but there are too many with poor experiences to justify it. I highly recommend Enthalpy over Jwt. Also I'm a huge believer in rom tunes simply because it eliminates user error... Alot of cases I recommend it over a standalone for that reason alone.

I've tuned alot of afc's and some power fc's and thats the extent of my knowledge when it comes to tuning... I'll say this much tho a trained monkey could tune an afc... Yet I seemed to see people mess that up as well...

Welding and fabricating isn't all that tough... Another thing that seems pretty basic... It just isn't always that way... I've been in the game for about 8 years now and I've seen some horrible things... There is just no money in this building 240's... I gave up long ago! All these ghetto ass shops popping up everywhere doing shotty work... Ghetto ass rhd swaps... $3,000 sr swaps? Give me a break... I'm not working that cheap!!! There is a reason why all the swaps I've done run for long periods of time and their lucky if their customer makes it around their block... It's all good tho cause they come with no warranty!
Old 05-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #205
upsdude
Post Whore!

no money in building 240's? is it because everyone prefers to build hondas? I'd like to build mine up eventually but right now since this is my dd i'm more concerned with reliability. honestly i'd be happy with a bone stock engine for now...what i'd really like is the s15 front conversion...and the s15 steering wheel and seats hehe. if i were to build the motor i'd probably shoot for mid 200's to the wheels *shrug*...something that would make my car fun to drive but not so nuts that i couldn't drive to work everyday.
Well when you guys decide to do another meet hopefully it's on a saturday hehe. I was gonna suggest my wife's work but she works at chuck-e-cheese and there probably wouldn't be any room...oh where's and j&j at?
Old 05-16-2009, 05:08 PM   #206
spooled240
Post Whore!

off of C ave and smoketree in hesperia.

let me tell you that 250 rwhp can be quite a handful....that's equivalent to almost 300 crank hp.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #207
upsdude
Post Whore!

s14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
let me tell you that 250 rwhp can be quite a handful....that's equivalent to almost 300 crank hp.
ok good to know. the only thing that i've driven that's near that kind of hp is my titan-in terms of sport compact cars i haven't had the chance to mod/build one up to the figures i mentioned...i was just trying to have some type of goal in mind. took my car to a friend's shop to have it looked over. apparently the previous owner either ran over something because the oil pan looks like it's been punched by the incredible hulk. the jolt of the impact was enough to bust the transmission mount. i've already ordered the parts and will have it fixed by next week. i have been driving around hearing a wierd clunk whenever i braked too hard or dropped the clutch too hard and thought it might be the bushings. Anyways, here's some pics of my s14.

P.S. one of the guys at the shop told me the stock turbo system from the sr20det bolts right on to the ka. is that the case? cuz if so i might look into doing that along with a proper tune.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #208
spooled240
Post Whore!

^car looks clean =] a navan front bumper and zenki rear spats and you'll have full naVan aero

that's not entirely true. The manifold for one won't bolt up to the ka.

You can however(and many people are doing this) get the Megan bottom mount t-2 manifold for the ka which places the turbo in the same location as if you had a stock sr20. One of my buddies on nico has a ka-t with a bottom mount s15 turbo and he had to wrap up some A/C lines where the downpipe came out just so they wouldn't catch on fire. I've heard that the sr20 fmic kits will fit this setup on the ka, but i'm not 100% sure..should be pretty close and require some modification tho. Then just get a t-28 from an s14 sr20 or a s15 turbo which is capable of 300 hp =]
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 PM   #209
cfinch
Zilvia Addict

There isn't money in either... I'm not saying I never made any money! I'm just saying that everyone seems to think their a mechanic... Everyone thinks they know the world even with no first hand experience... All these shops are popping up everywhere doing swaps for dirt cheap. Yeah I guess if I got $500 for labor to do a swap it's not all bad if I just dropped a motor in a car and sent the customer on their way in a day... I don't do 1 day swaps and all this half ass crap I see these shops doing now a days... I'm not gonna lower myself to that and I'm not gonna do swaps for sub 3k...

The problem is people who don't know any better go into these shops and believe everything they hear! Then they expect me to compete... Fuck that I'd rather be doing something else... Which is now general automotive! I'd like to see someone get $80per hour in a ghetto ass shop working on honda's and 240's... It's retarded.

Whoever told you that shit bolts up from an sr to ka is a complete idiot! Spooled is right about the bottom mount turbo setup tho... I've done some of those and they are great for a budget! I'm a big fan of that if it's all that fits your budget! I've done a few and they work and eliminates alot of fab work. I much prefer something bigger then a t28 on a ka tho even for 250hp. Like I said tho it's all about your budget and power goals!

250rwp is more than enough fun! You really have to drive in a car really making that much horsepower to appreciate it. People don't realize how fast that really is! I've built setups up over 400hp and it just gets silly to even drive...
Old 05-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #210
spooled240
Post Whore!

I was at 10 psi for a long while on my ka-t which is a little more than 250 rwhp and I was keeping up with evo's, sti's and 350z's no problem. The thing with ka's is that they produce a ton of torque, at 250 rwhp you'll be close to maybe 270-280 tq(more with quick-spooling turbo's) trying to maintain rear traction with that much torque can be tricky lol

You guys see any new nissan's up here? I haven't